Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Biffos coming back down to Earth 12:24 - Sep 30 with 7217 viewsCassyBlue

I think we may have the upper hand come 24th October...

http://www.owtb.co.uk/index.php/topic/47764-dogdale/
Biffos coming back down to Earth on 13:47 - Sep 30 with 5608 viewsaleanddale

Penny is dropping to be fair!!

I have never understood the obsession with crowds when a similar sized club in the same league.

I wonder how many extra tickets they will demand next month over the allocated 3200 in the away end at Spotland?

I don't think they will fill half of it ( regrettably ).
Biffos coming back down to Earth on 14:16 - Sep 30 with 5555 viewsCassyBlue

Interesting that one of their posters seems to know a lot about our accounts, and suggests that Hilly is raking it in.

No complaints at all, but I wonder what the messiah is pulling in every year?
Biffos coming back down to Earth on 14:20 - Sep 30 with 5545 viewsParkinsGimp

Still a poor attendance last night. I really dont know what can be done, it seems the town isnt interested in our team. I remember some good attendances a few years back when we were going for the play offs first time round. And we had best attendances in the play offs , plus out numbered the mighty S"itport County at Wembley so we do have some fans knocking about, just cant drag them away from the soaps or saturday games in the Prem or whatever they do on a Saturday , must be a few more floaters now midweek with Champs league on BT .
Biffos coming back down to Earth on 15:01 - Sep 30 with 5474 viewsdingdangblue

Biffos coming back down to Earth on 14:16 - Sep 30 by CassyBlue

Interesting that one of their posters seems to know a lot about our accounts, and suggests that Hilly is raking it in.

No complaints at all, but I wonder what the messiah is pulling in every year?

Whatever it is - he could probably double it elsewhere so just thankful we've got him for now.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Biffos coming back down to Earth on 15:25 - Sep 30 with 5422 views49thseason

It looks like 1900 home fans is about as many as we can expect for Tuesday nights. And away fans don't seem so interested either.

The Chesterfield JPT(or whatever) match on the 6th October will be the 3rd home game on the trot and I doubt even £10 a go will attract more than 1000 - indeed there were some in Sandy last night saying that if they had to sit down they would give it a miss.

I really don't understand why regularly having 7000 empty seats and thousands of kids in local schools who have never been to Spotland is such a difficult problem to solve.
Biffos coming back down to Earth on 16:25 - Sep 30 with 5312 viewsaleanddale

Biffos coming back down to Earth on 15:25 - Sep 30 by 49thseason

It looks like 1900 home fans is about as many as we can expect for Tuesday nights. And away fans don't seem so interested either.

The Chesterfield JPT(or whatever) match on the 6th October will be the 3rd home game on the trot and I doubt even £10 a go will attract more than 1000 - indeed there were some in Sandy last night saying that if they had to sit down they would give it a miss.

I really don't understand why regularly having 7000 empty seats and thousands of kids in local schools who have never been to Spotland is such a difficult problem to solve.

Every school should be swamped...

Free kids tickets if accompanied by a £10 adult...

Every junior football team too in rochdale and Heywood and Middleton. Same deal.

Especially for the paint pot.
Biffos coming back down to Earth on 16:49 - Sep 30 with 5282 viewsColDale

Biffos coming back down to Earth on 16:25 - Sep 30 by aleanddale

Every school should be swamped...

Free kids tickets if accompanied by a £10 adult...

Every junior football team too in rochdale and Heywood and Middleton. Same deal.

Especially for the paint pot.

go one step further.

Free entry for all under sixteens for every league game irrespective of an adult ticket, and keep it that way for the next five seasons.

Forget the Dads and Lads angle, lets get groups of young people attending game after game until the habit kicks in. The revenue from under sixteen entry cannot be more than 5% of all gate receipts, and is probably much less than that, so we're not talking too much of a financial risk like cutting adult gate admission price would be.

If you spent most Saturdays between the age of 11 and 15 watching the club, you're unlikely to stop going simply on the basis of having to pay the young person's price. We wouldn't retain every one, but we'd have a significant increase in those progressing to young person and then adult price.
Biffos coming back down to Earth on 17:21 - Sep 30 with 5219 viewsdingdangblue

Biffos coming back down to Earth on 15:25 - Sep 30 by 49thseason

The 7pm kick off is daft. Dont know if its to entice younger fans or what (its not half term and both my kids are in bed for 7.30 and 8.30). Its more likely to put fans off and Chesterfield fans will struggle to get here unless they have time off work.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10

Login to get fewer ads

Biffos coming back down to Earth on 18:00 - Sep 30 with 5150 viewsMoonyDale

Biffos coming back down to Earth on 16:49 - Sep 30 by ColDale

go one step further.

Free entry for all under sixteens for every league game irrespective of an adult ticket, and keep it that way for the next five seasons.

Forget the Dads and Lads angle, lets get groups of young people attending game after game until the habit kicks in. The revenue from under sixteen entry cannot be more than 5% of all gate receipts, and is probably much less than that, so we're not talking too much of a financial risk like cutting adult gate admission price would be.

If you spent most Saturdays between the age of 11 and 15 watching the club, you're unlikely to stop going simply on the basis of having to pay the young person's price. We wouldn't retain every one, but we'd have a significant increase in those progressing to young person and then adult price.

A bit of common sense and some joined up thinking there Col........It'll not happen though..

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

Biffos coming back down to Earth on 10:05 - Oct 1 with 4888 viewsDorsetDale

go one step further.

Been saying this - if only to myself - for years.

Can only see one real objection. When visiting fans come to Spotland would the same pricing structure occur for their youngsters? Can't think how it would be possible for the opposition to limit tickets to paying customers for a set period before allowing free tickets to kids? This could lead to all kinds of pi$$ed off regular travellers with the likes of Bradford, Oldham, Bury etc?

That said, am sure where there's a will.....

YOU do not have the right to give someone else permission to tell me what I can and can't do.

Biffos coming back down to Earth on 10:15 - Oct 1 with 4862 viewsdeeplishblue

Biffos coming back down to Earth on 10:05 - Oct 1 by DorsetDale

Can only see one real objection. When visiting fans come to Spotland would the same pricing structure occur for their youngsters? Can't think how it would be possible for the opposition to limit tickets to paying customers for a set period before allowing free tickets to kids? This could lead to all kinds of pi$$ed off regular travellers with the likes of Bradford, Oldham, Bury etc?

What about posting 2 free U16 tickets to every season ticket holder. Then trust them to give these tickets to juniors who do not attend on a regular basis.

Poll: Do you want bury to get promoted?

Biffos coming back down to Earth on 10:29 - Oct 1 with 4837 viewsdingdangblue

Biffos coming back down to Earth on 10:05 - Oct 1 by DorsetDale

No it would have to be home kids only. Dont see why u16 away cant be £5 though - thats more than reasonable.

Biffos coming back down to Earth on 10:36 - Oct 1 with 4832 viewsBobbyjoe

The "solution" is blindingly obvious, season-tickets a la Bradford set at a price that 3,000 people would find themselves unable to refuse. I put "solution" in inverted commas, because it's equally blindingly obvious that the club has not the slightest interest in increasing attendances. (And I'm not even necessarily blaming them, because, all in all, the current position can scarcely be complained about, and could even turn out to be sustainable, at least so long as Mr Hill remains in post!).
Biffos coming back down to Earth on 10:53 - Oct 1 with 4806 viewsDorsetDale

Biffos coming back down to Earth on 10:29 - Oct 1 by dingdangblue

No it would have to be home kids only. Dont see why u16 away cant be £5 though - thats more than reasonable.

Other than season tickets, don't prices for similar accommodation have to be the same or near as same, price?

Surely meaning free entry for dale kids = free entry for eg Bradford kids?

I don't see free season tickets as being the answer, UNLESS one can be claimed at ANY point in the season.

YOU do not have the right to give someone else permission to tell me what I can and can't do.

Biffos coming back down to Earth on 11:08 - Oct 1 with 4786 viewsColDale

Fleetwood offer a system where free season tickets are available for all under sixteen year olds for home areas within the ground. They then bypass this by having an on the day admission price for under sixteens (at a disgraceful level it has to be said). Now I'd hate to go down the route where we charge five year olds £18 like they do at Fleetwood, but a scheme where its £5 on the day for under sixteens but free season tickets are available. It'd need staffing for the extra season tickets needed (maybe the Trust desk could be used to help out if staffing is a sticking point).

One offs don't work, and we have to change a whole generation whilst not gambling any substantial future income.
Biffos coming back down to Earth on 11:36 - Oct 1 with 4741 viewsdingdangblue

Biffos coming back down to Earth on 11:08 - Oct 1 by ColDale

Fleetwood offer a system where free season tickets are available for all under sixteen year olds for home areas within the ground. They then bypass this by having an on the day admission price for under sixteens (at a disgraceful level it has to be said). Now I'd hate to go down the route where we charge five year olds £18 like they do at Fleetwood, but a scheme where its £5 on the day for under sixteens but free season tickets are available. It'd need staffing for the extra season tickets needed (maybe the Trust desk could be used to help out if staffing is a sticking point).

One offs don't work, and we have to change a whole generation whilst not gambling any substantial future income.

I cant see why the club hasn't announced the Sky Wigan game as free for U16's. Thats one game we need the stadium to look full.

Biffos coming back down to Earth on 12:38 - Oct 1 with 4678 viewsdingdangblue

go one step further.

I've noticed for the bury ticket prices. 1 adult is £22. 1 family ticket (1 adult/1 U16) is £22. So basically every paying adult could purchase a family ticket and get a free child ticket. This is a great way of giving out free kids tickets without just giving them out en masse.

Biffos coming back down to Earth on 13:25 - Oct 1 with 4584 viewsTalkingSutty

Biffos coming back down to Earth on 11:36 - Oct 1 by dingdangblue

I cant see why the club hasn't announced the Sky Wigan game as free for U16's. Thats one game we need the stadium to look full.

Fantastic suggestion and a bit of a no brainier bearing in mind the Club will be compensated by Sky for the live broadcast, its a no lose situation. It's also about publicising the free offer in the right way, such as flooding the schools and college etc with the information and getting it out in the media/twitter etc in plenty of time.

Make a concerted effort to try to fill Spotland for this one off televised game against recent Premeirship opposition and please don't put up any stupid obstacles like you have to get a pass from the ticket office or prove your age. I can't see it happening though!!
[Post edited 1 Oct 2015 13:28]
Biffos coming back down to Earth on 13:55 - Oct 1 with 4539 viewsSuddenLad

Biffos coming back down to Earth on 13:25 - Oct 1 by TalkingSutty

Fantastic suggestion and a bit of a no brainier bearing in mind the Club will be compensated by Sky for the live broadcast, its a no lose situation. It's also about publicising the free offer in the right way, such as flooding the schools and college etc with the information and getting it out in the media/twitter etc in plenty of time.

Make a concerted effort to try to fill Spotland for this one off televised game against recent Premeirship opposition and please don't put up any stupid obstacles like you have to get a pass from the ticket office or prove your age. I can't see it happening though!!
[Post edited 1 Oct 2015 13:28]

Good idea, but as you say, putting several bureaucratic hurdles in the way to actually GET the tickets puts folk off. There must be an easier way of doing things.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Biffos coming back down to Earth on 14:29 - Oct 1 with 4490 viewsDaleiLama

Biffos coming back down to Earth on 13:55 - Oct 1 by SuddenLad

Good idea, but as you say, putting several bureaucratic hurdles in the way to actually GET the tickets puts folk off. There must be an easier way of doing things.

Take an allocation to each school and have the sports department or school/college secretary dish them out in exchange for each applicants name + e-mail/social media contact details?
Pretty easy and a win-win. You even find out which schools get the best response and might be worth targeting in the future.
Unused tickets can be returned and even given out on the night.
[Post edited 1 Oct 2015 14:29]

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Biffos coming back down to Earth on 14:44 - Oct 1 with 4459 viewsaleanddale

Quick question

Does the club read these threads?

They should do belting ideas and forward thinking.
Biffos coming back down to Earth on 15:22 - Oct 1 with 4411 viewsdingdangblue

Even better : November 14th weekend is International games . Spain v England on Friday 13th. No Premier League and no Championship games . No excuses for not trying to fill the Stadium.

Biffos coming back down to Earth on 16:31 - Oct 1 with 4312 viewswindowsbug

Biffos coming back down to Earth on 13:55 - Oct 1 by SuddenLad

You mean just like the bring a friend voucher in the season tickets.
Go to the office this.... fill out a form that.... etc.
Why put hurdles in the way?
[Post edited 1 Oct 2015 16:32]
Biffos coming back down to Earth on 20:17 - Oct 1 with 4116 viewsPDIDDY

Biffos coming back down to Earth on 13:47 - Sep 30 by aleanddale

Penny is dropping to be fair!!

I have never understood the obsession with crowds when a similar sized club in the same league.

I wonder how many extra tickets they will demand next month over the allocated 3200 in the away end at Spotland?

I don't think they will fill half of it ( regrettably ).

1800 at gigg I think

Gissa job

Biffos coming back down to Earth on 09:05 - Oct 2 with 3895 viewsaleanddale

Biffos coming back down to Earth on 20:17 - Oct 1 by PDIDDY

1800 at gigg I think

Sounds about right Didds...

this time round cant see more than 2000.

Hope i am wrong 3200 in the away end is a huge payday for the dale....

roll on Bradford tomorrow and Oldham and then Wigan ( Sky cash ).

should top the coffers up a bit.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024