Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sleaford Mods 10:32 - Oct 14 with 9411 viewskensalriser

On Jools Holland last night.

Can someone explain this act to me?

I've seen more competent and engaging bands supporting Crass and Poison Girls.

I think it's probably a joke act that's come from former Cambridge Footlights comedians or suchlike.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Sleaford Mods on 10:34 - Oct 14 with 5553 viewsBrightonhoop

Marmite.
Sleaford Mods on 10:55 - Oct 14 with 5497 viewsRamseyR

Didn't see Jools last night so can't comment on the Sleaford Mods....but you bought back memories of some truly awful bands supporting Crass, although Rudmentary Peni had something about them, and Flux of Pink Indians had that one amazing song.
Sleaford Mods on 11:17 - Oct 14 with 5456 viewsSimonJames

They're s#1t.
"Slaves" are much better.

100% of people who drink water will die.

Sleaford Mods on 11:54 - Oct 14 with 5396 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Since it went to Maidstone it's turning into 'Parky' same old acts on every two series.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Sleaford Mods on 12:22 - Oct 14 with 5343 viewskarl

Sleaford Mods on 11:54 - Oct 14 by Metallica_Hoop

Since it went to Maidstone it's turning into 'Parky' same old acts on every two series.

Are you not working on it any more Met?
Sleaford Mods on 12:47 - Oct 14 with 5284 viewsthemodfather

maybe they think adding the word "mods" to the name means they seem younger and trendy???
they supported the specials a while back and i went to the bar...awful.
Sleaford Mods on 12:51 - Oct 14 with 5271 viewsBrianMcCarthy

It's just noise. And not good noise either, Bad, bad noise.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Sleaford Mods on 12:57 - Oct 14 with 5258 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Sleaford Mods on 12:22 - Oct 14 by karl

Are you not working on it any more Met?

nah mate 2 hour round journey. Fook that!

did 150ish that will do me.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Login to get fewer ads

Sleaford Mods on 13:27 - Oct 14 with 5209 viewsRamseyR

Just watched it back...actually quite liked that

http://crackmagazine.net/2015/10/twitter-reacts-to-sleaford-mods-on-jools-hollan

Love the comment though someone left on twitter....... "they are possibly the shittest act ever. Worse than Phil Collins. Worse than Meat Loaf. Worse than death"
Sleaford Mods on 13:29 - Oct 14 with 5209 viewssimmo

Sleaford Mods on 12:47 - Oct 14 by themodfather

maybe they think adding the word "mods" to the name means they seem younger and trendy???
they supported the specials a while back and i went to the bar...awful.

Same - they were supporting the Specials when I saw them at the Roundhouse, didn't bother to leave the pub to get in and see them.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Sleaford Mods on 13:36 - Oct 14 with 5193 viewsNW5Hoop

You need to listen to the words. It's all about the words. Jason Williamson's a terrific lyric writer.
Sleaford Mods on 14:07 - Oct 14 with 5138 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Sleaford Mods on 10:55 - Oct 14 by RamseyR

Didn't see Jools last night so can't comment on the Sleaford Mods....but you bought back memories of some truly awful bands supporting Crass, although Rudmentary Peni had something about them, and Flux of Pink Indians had that one amazing song.

Flux of Pink Indians, I had forgotten all about them. What was the one good song?

Also, who remebers The Addicts?
Sleaford Mods on 14:33 - Oct 14 with 5100 viewsDorse

Sleaford Bods?

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Sleaford Mods on 14:43 - Oct 14 with 5088 viewskarl

Sleaford Mods on 12:57 - Oct 14 by Metallica_Hoop

nah mate 2 hour round journey. Fook that!

did 150ish that will do me.

That's a pity, i shamelessly have been telling folk that i 'know' someone who works on the show. Of course wouldnt know you if i tripped over you in the street but it bought me some kudos...
Any body do something i can claim third party bragging rights over to replace this sad loss?
Sleaford Mods on 15:21 - Oct 14 with 5032 viewskensalriser

Sleaford Mods on 13:36 - Oct 14 by NW5Hoop

You need to listen to the words. It's all about the words. Jason Williamson's a terrific lyric writer.

A fair point.

He does however have the alternative choices of being a poet or finding a partner in possession of musical talent.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Sleaford Mods on 15:32 - Oct 14 with 5015 viewsMrSheen

Has he replaced Mike Skinner as the new Chaucer?
Sleaford Mods on 15:35 - Oct 14 with 5005 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Sleaford Mods on 15:21 - Oct 14 by kensalriser

A fair point.

He does however have the alternative choices of being a poet or finding a partner in possession of musical talent.

Well phrased. My point always when discussing Bob Dylan.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Sleaford Mods on 16:03 - Oct 14 with 4960 viewsDannyPaddox

Sleaford Mods on 14:07 - Oct 14 by CroydonCaptJack

Flux of Pink Indians, I had forgotten all about them. What was the one good song?

Also, who remebers The Addicts?

Tube Disasters?

Big influence on Enya.
Sleaford Mods on 16:12 - Oct 14 with 4950 viewslondonscottish

Yeah but that's what people say about rap mucic. And Bob Dylan.

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

Sleaford Mods on 17:09 - Oct 14 with 4884 viewsMonahoop

I suppose for the original punk generation [like wot I grew up in], we have heard this kind of stuff before. Not for everyone granted, but I sort of like them, takes me back to my youth, John Peel, [when he turned against Prog Rock and metal] and certain shows on independent radio stations of the day. Radio 6, in particular Marc Riley have plugged them quite a bit this year. I wouldn't choose to see them live or go out and buy their stuff, but then again I'm still prone to do daft things at my age, so who knows.
They purport to be the voice of todays ?downtrodden working underclass whatever that is or ever was. Maybe there is angry poetry in their work, but they are not a patch really on the original punk poets or wordsmiths like Ian Dury or John Cooper Clarke or the slightly more recent, Billy Childish.

There aint half been some clever bastards.

Sleaford Mods on 17:22 - Oct 14 with 4852 viewsted_hendrix

Sleaford Mods on 13:27 - Oct 14 by RamseyR

http://crackmagazine.net/2015/10/twitter-reacts-to-sleaford-mods-on-jools-hollan

Love the comment though someone left on twitter....... "they are possibly the shittest act ever. Worse than Phil Collins. Worse than Meat Loaf. Worse than death"

"Worse than Phil Collins"?

Strewth, that is bad.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Sleaford Mods on 17:49 - Oct 14 with 4823 viewslondonscottish

Sleaford Mods on 17:09 - Oct 14 by Monahoop

I suppose for the original punk generation [like wot I grew up in], we have heard this kind of stuff before. Not for everyone granted, but I sort of like them, takes me back to my youth, John Peel, [when he turned against Prog Rock and metal] and certain shows on independent radio stations of the day. Radio 6, in particular Marc Riley have plugged them quite a bit this year. I wouldn't choose to see them live or go out and buy their stuff, but then again I'm still prone to do daft things at my age, so who knows.
They purport to be the voice of todays ?downtrodden working underclass whatever that is or ever was. Maybe there is angry poetry in their work, but they are not a patch really on the original punk poets or wordsmiths like Ian Dury or John Cooper Clarke or the slightly more recent, Billy Childish.

Or The Buzzcocks, The Jam, The Undertones, The Ruts, The Damned, The Residents, The Members, The Clash, The Rezillos/Revillos and so on

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

Sleaford Mods on 17:51 - Oct 14 with 4822 viewsMonahoop

Sleaford Mods on 13:27 - Oct 14 by RamseyR

Surely the only thing worse than Phil Collins, Meat Loaf and Death is....Phil Collins Meat Loaf and Death and Mick Hucknall!

There aint half been some clever bastards.

Sleaford Mods on 17:51 - Oct 14 with 4819 viewsElHoop

Sleaford Mods on 13:29 - Oct 14 by simmo

Same - they were supporting the Specials when I saw them at the Roundhouse, didn't bother to leave the pub to get in and see them.

Yeah I saw them at that gig too, well supporting the Specials at the Roundhouse anyway. Some other band were playing in the bar that night as well - they were better. I thought that they were hopeless. Still they wouldn't need much of a roadcrew to get them down to Maidstone. They could probably carry a laptop case and a couple of carrier bags of beer themselves.

One of their albums is called 'W*nk'.

At least they are honest.
Sleaford Mods on 17:54 - Oct 14 with 4810 viewsElHoop

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024