Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What a super game 21:54 - Oct 20 with 6829 viewsColDale

Not often you can say that about a 0-0 but a cracking game that could have ended up 3-3 had anyone broke the deadlock. Thought we played some great football and our movement was the best we've produced all season. Still can't believe that Allen chance never went in.
What a super game on 22:09 - Oct 20 with 5111 views442Dale

Do the Jamie Allen/Paul Scholes comparisons to extend to sticking him out on the left a la Sven?

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

What a super game on 22:10 - Oct 20 with 5089 viewsfitzochris

Certainly sounds it.

If I hadn't just chatted to my pal who was at the game, I would be looking at the paper scoreline statistic of two games without a goal, but he says we were just unlucky tonight in that regard and that we should be focusing more on the two games without conceding statistic.

Looking forward to the Oldham game now.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

What a super game on 22:10 - Oct 20 with 5089 views1mark1

Good to get another clean sheet. Decent point.

Poll: How much is your support for the Royals?

What a super game on 22:23 - Oct 20 with 4938 viewsD_Alien

Really enjoyed that. Demonstrating yet again that we're a match for anyone in this division and we should be looking upwards.

MoM again Josh Lillis for me. He's in a purple streak of form right now and you can see his self-belief starting to grow. It was his keeping that prevented Coventry from scoring whilst our profligate finishing did for us.

Everyone played their part tonight and I'll also mention Callum Camps who looks like he's also taking a step forward. Not sure about the Allen-out-wide experiment but as a one-off with Vincenti injured he did ok; can't be influential as a captain out there though.

Looking forward to Saturday now. Latics won away but if we play like we did tonight I'd be confident of coming out on top of most teams.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

What a super game on 22:28 - Oct 20 with 4866 viewsMancDale

Agreed. An enjoyable game and good performance that just lacked a finish. Thought our midfielders especially Lund and camps really raised their game. Credit to Coventry too for coming to play proper football unlike a lot of teams.
What a super game on 22:32 - Oct 20 with 4814 viewsdingdangblue

What a super game on 22:23 - Oct 20 by D_Alien

Really enjoyed that. Demonstrating yet again that we're a match for anyone in this division and we should be looking upwards.

MoM again Josh Lillis for me. He's in a purple streak of form right now and you can see his self-belief starting to grow. It was his keeping that prevented Coventry from scoring whilst our profligate finishing did for us.

Everyone played their part tonight and I'll also mention Callum Camps who looks like he's also taking a step forward. Not sure about the Allen-out-wide experiment but as a one-off with Vincenti injured he did ok; can't be influential as a captain out there though.

Looking forward to Saturday now. Latics won away but if we play like we did tonight I'd be confident of coming out on top of most teams.

Lillis was exceptional tonight - as solid as I've seen a keeper in a long time. If this is the effect this Portuguese lads arrival has had we should try and keep him all season!
[Post edited 20 Oct 2015 22:36]

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

What a super game on 22:33 - Oct 20 with 4808 viewsTalkingSutty

What a super game on 22:23 - Oct 20 by D_Alien

Agree with all of that. Cracking game and we where back to our best form tonight. Matty Lund put in an all action display and you can see him getting better with each game, he pushed Josh for man of the match. Repeat that performance on Saturday and Oldham will be in for a torrid afternoon.
What a super game on 23:09 - Oct 20 with 4547 viewsirisaln

Only a couple of things to say .

Good game to watch.

Josh without doubt man of the match.

Looking forward to Saturday.
Login to get fewer ads

What a super game on 23:18 - Oct 20 with 4475 viewsSwissdale

Very entertaining match tonight. Mentioned by one of the directors in the lounge after the game that it's shows how far we have come as a club when people may go home disappointed with a 0-0 draw against Coventry City.

Draw was a fair result, with excellent goalkeeping by both men between the sticks. We probably shaded it in terms of the most clear-cut goal scoring opportunities,, and looking back, we have to hit the target more often when we create chances like the Allen / Tanser ones.

Lillis was incredible again (I said after Sheff U away id lost patience, but he's been immense the last two games), and I just hope his confidence stays. That extra confidence allows him to make split-second decisions more effectively and it pays off when deciding to come out / close down attackers.

Thought the right substations were made, but possibly in the wrong order. NML is impressing me every time he gets on the pitch and with a little more time tonight could have been the difference between the two sides.
What a super game on 23:27 - Oct 20 with 4388 viewsSuddenLad

What a super game on 23:18 - Oct 20 by Swissdale

Very entertaining match tonight. Mentioned by one of the directors in the lounge after the game that it's shows how far we have come as a club when people may go home disappointed with a 0-0 draw against Coventry City.

Draw was a fair result, with excellent goalkeeping by both men between the sticks. We probably shaded it in terms of the most clear-cut goal scoring opportunities,, and looking back, we have to hit the target more often when we create chances like the Allen / Tanser ones.

Lillis was incredible again (I said after Sheff U away id lost patience, but he's been immense the last two games), and I just hope his confidence stays. That extra confidence allows him to make split-second decisions more effectively and it pays off when deciding to come out / close down attackers.

Thought the right substations were made, but possibly in the wrong order. NML is impressing me every time he gets on the pitch and with a little more time tonight could have been the difference between the two sides.

I think the changes brought about by the substations were electric

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

What a super game on 23:30 - Oct 20 with 4347 viewsD_Alien

What a super game on 23:27 - Oct 20 by SuddenLad

I think the changes brought about by the substations were electric

They helped us pylon the pressure

What a super game on 23:30 - Oct 20 with 4335 viewsSuddenLad

What a super game on 23:30 - Oct 20 by D_Alien

They helped us pylon the pressure

And generate more excitement......

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

What a super game on 23:35 - Oct 20 with 4264 viewsD_Alien

What a super game on 23:30 - Oct 20 by SuddenLad

Must've overloaded the floodlights to the right of the Sandy - one of the bulbs popped around the time Bunney came on!

What a super game on 23:39 - Oct 20 with 4222 viewsmikehunt

There was one instance of static defending...

The worm of time turns not for the cuckoo of circumstance.

What a super game on 00:20 - Oct 21 with 3951 viewsdownunder

What a super game on 23:30 - Oct 20 by SuddenLad

Anything that will give us an extra spark. Amp up the pressure.

(I'll get my coat and go ohm now.)
[Post edited 21 Oct 2015 0:21]
What a super game on 00:42 - Oct 21 with 3851 viewsSandyman

Brilliant game, and what a joy to see The Dale playing such fantastic football in parts. As Col said, best seen this season, we were astonishingly good. We deserved more, but hey ho - you can't fault any of our players tonight. Camps, Tanser and Lund in particular imho were outstanding.
What a super game on 00:49 - Oct 21 with 3825 viewsjokerthief

What a super game on 23:09 - Oct 20 by irisaln

Only a couple of things to say .

Good game to watch.

Josh without doubt man of the match.

Looking forward to Saturday.

Only one word needed to describe this comment......
Magic Football.
What a super game on 07:30 - Oct 21 with 3508 viewsaleanddale

Great game.

As good a 0-0 as you could wish to see. Coulda been 3-3.

Dour 0-0 Saturday. Great game of football last night.

Oh for a little luck and some composure in front of goal and we could have had all 3 points....

Looking forward to Oldham Saturday .

Hoping they fill the away stand again.
What a super game on 08:08 - Oct 21 with 3425 viewsChaffRAFC

Lillis had another very good game and should have been a contender for man of the match but for me Matty Lund was the best player on the pitch. Thought he was outstanding in midfield and covered pretty much every blade of grass.

Took a City fan (new age City fan, not one who was watching when they were sh!t), just to let him see how the other half live and he was thoroughly impressed and said it was the best 0-0 he's ever seen. He also singled out Lund and Lillis as our standout performers.

He also couldn't believe the standard of officiating either. There was the most blatant handball not given at the Pearl Street end which should have been a nailed on penalty. He was absolutely awful all night.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

What a super game on 08:14 - Oct 21 with 3408 viewsdingdangblue

What a super game on 07:30 - Oct 21 by aleanddale

Great game.

As good a 0-0 as you could wish to see. Coulda been 3-3.

Dour 0-0 Saturday. Great game of football last night.

Oh for a little luck and some composure in front of goal and we could have had all 3 points....

Looking forward to Oldham Saturday .

Hoping they fill the away stand again.

Still cant believe Allen missed that chance at the death.

#newpaulscholes

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10

What a super game on 08:23 - Oct 21 with 3387 viewsaleanddale

What a super game on 08:14 - Oct 21 by dingdangblue

Still cant believe Allen missed that chance at the death.

#newpaulscholes

Agreed should at least be hitting the target... Sort of snatched at the chance.
What a super game on 09:02 - Oct 21 with 3283 viewsmikehunt

We had to snatch at our chances though, Coventry having learned that pressing us messes up our flow. This led to the frustrating spells of passing between defenders and keeper. As soon as the crowd got restless and forced us to get rid of the ball we invariably got pressed into trouble. Having said that we finally, seemed to get to grips with the pressing aspect. Some crisp passing and triangles were a pleasure to watch.
Coventry would have been annoyed at the number of passes we intercepted and we really gave a good account of ourselves. A bit more sharpness up front and we have a side to be reckoned with.
Particular mention for NML: has the makings of something special. Mazed his way into the box and shot on target. Very good.
Good game against a good side. Keep it up.

The worm of time turns not for the cuckoo of circumstance.

What a super game on 09:14 - Oct 21 with 3245 viewsdingdangblue

What a super game on 09:02 - Oct 21 by mikehunt

We had to snatch at our chances though, Coventry having learned that pressing us messes up our flow. This led to the frustrating spells of passing between defenders and keeper. As soon as the crowd got restless and forced us to get rid of the ball we invariably got pressed into trouble. Having said that we finally, seemed to get to grips with the pressing aspect. Some crisp passing and triangles were a pleasure to watch.
Coventry would have been annoyed at the number of passes we intercepted and we really gave a good account of ourselves. A bit more sharpness up front and we have a side to be reckoned with.
Particular mention for NML: has the makings of something special. Mazed his way into the box and shot on target. Very good.
Good game against a good side. Keep it up.

I thought we passed it well at the back last night! A mention too for Scott Tanser and Andy Cannon - both played really well last night - Tanser certainly is a threat when he can get forward too - we haven't got much pace in the side and as much as I like Tom Kennedy he does slow play down on that left side and rarely gets forward any more. Tanser has come from nowhere and looks back to the player we saw at the start of last season when he was getting rave reviews.

What a super game on 10:22 - Oct 21 with 3075 viewsaleanddale

What a super game on 09:14 - Oct 21 by dingdangblue

I thought we passed it well at the back last night! A mention too for Scott Tanser and Andy Cannon - both played really well last night - Tanser certainly is a threat when he can get forward too - we haven't got much pace in the side and as much as I like Tom Kennedy he does slow play down on that left side and rarely gets forward any more. Tanser has come from nowhere and looks back to the player we saw at the start of last season when he was getting rave reviews.

Agree Tanser has really stepped up a gear he has been excellent since Chesterfield in the JPT.

Good side Coventry and we more than matched them.

NML has all the attributes... You pay your admission money for a bit of pace and wing wizardry!
What a super game on 10:34 - Oct 21 with 3051 viewsParkinsGimp

Not a bad game for 0-0 but we desperately need a decent forward. Alexssandra is like a Jack Russell chasing a ball, and Andrew is certainly not the answer. Least Bunney had a few shots but still not good enough. Mendez-laing is poor , why on earth did we sign him, he came from Cambridge FFS!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024