Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Official Swansea City v Aston Villa Match Thread 12:30 - Mar 18 with 28860 viewsjackharris

[Post edited 19 Mar 2016 14:01]

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

The Official Swansea City v Aston Villa Match Thread on 12:31 - Mar 18 with 9376 viewsjackharris

The Official Swansea City v Aston Villa Match Thread

Liberty Stadium 21,000 (2,030 Villains)
----------Weather-----------

TEAM NEWS
Andre Ayew has an ankle injury and will miss Swansea's home game against Aston Villa and his brother Jordan.
Jefferson Montero is available after illness, while head coach Francesco Guidolin returns to the dugout following a three-game absence with a chest infection.
Possible side and formation

Bench- Nordfeldt, Amat, Naughton, Britton, Alberto, Montero, Ki
Aston Villa midfielder Carlos Sanchez is fit after a two-month lay-off because of a hamstring injury. Adama Traore and Jack Grealish won't be available until next month.

MOTD COMMENTATOR'S NOTES
Alistair Mann: "With an eight-point cushion over the bottom four, it would take a dramatic turnaround for Swansea to be genuinely considered as a potential relegation candidate. If 40 points remains the safety target, even in this most unpredictable of seasons, then the visit of a hapless Aston Villa surely offers a great opportunity for the hosts to register three of the seven points they may need. Head coach Francesco Guidolin describes it as their 'most important game of the season'. His opposite number Remi Garde stated only last week his side can still 'do a Leicester' and survive - a first away win since 8 August would still do little to convince many that Villa truly have what it takes to beat the drop."
Twitter: @alistairmann01

WHAT THE MANAGERS SAY
Swansea City head coach Francesco Guidolin: "It will not be easy. I know this situation because I have many matches behind me and know how difficult a match like this is.
"My team has to play well with concentration and intensity, as if it is a final."
Aston Villa manager Remi Garde: "I am not stupid. It's an impossible mission that we have to make possible. You never know in football.
"I still believe. I have said that since the first day. I am focused on saving the club from relegation."
LAWRO'S PREDICTION
If Swansea do not beat Aston Villa, then I would be seriously worried about them, especially because of what the three points will do for their survival prospects.
Prediction: 2-0

MATCH FACTS
Head-to-head
* Swansea have won four successive matches against Aston Villa. Their only defeat in the last 10 came at Villa Park in September 2012.
* Villa are winless in six trips to Swansea - all in the top flight - since a 2-1 victory in the old Third Division in December 1971.
Swansea City
* The Swans are vying for a third win in four matches, which would give them successive home victories for the first time since August.
* They have won just three of their last 13 Premier League matches at the Liberty Stadium (W3, D5, L5).
* Swansea's tally of 14 goals in 15 home matches this season is the third lowest in the division, ahead of only Watford (13) and Villa (11).
* Gylfi Sigurdsson has scored seven league goals in 2016 - only Sergio Aguero (9) and Harry Kane (8) have scored more.

Aston Villa
* Villa have lost five Premier League games in a row, conceding two or more goals in each of them.
* They have suffered 20 league defeats for the third successive season. They last fared worse in 1986-87, when they were relegated after losing 22 times in a 42-match season.
* Remi Garde's side have the worst away record in the division, with three draws and 11 defeats since beating Bournemouth on the opening day.
* Villa's tally of 16 points is the third lowest in Premier League history after 30 games. Sunderland and Derby both had 10 points at this stage in 2005-06 and 2007-08 respectively.
[Post edited 18 Mar 2016 23:11]

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

The Official Swansea City v Aston Villa Match Thread on 18:30 - Mar 18 with 9255 viewsA_Fans_Dad

I just hope Mr Guidolin will have Curt in the dugout with him and listens to his advice.
The Official Swansea City v Aston Villa Match Thread on 18:49 - Mar 18 with 9227 viewsbuilthjack

I hope he goes with the young lad at left back after Taylor's showing last week.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

The Official Swansea City v Aston Villa Match Thread on 18:56 - Mar 18 with 9213 viewsairedale

I'm more nervous that usual about this one.
The Official Swansea City v Aston Villa Match Thread on 18:59 - Mar 18 with 9206 viewsLord_Bony

Lose this one and we deserve to go down.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

The Official Swansea City v Aston Villa Match Thread on 19:00 - Mar 18 with 9178 viewsDarran

The Official Swansea City v Aston Villa Match Thread on 18:59 - Mar 18 by Lord_Bony

Lose this one and we deserve to go down.

So if we lose this one and win all our other games we'll deserve to go down?
Don't be so bloody ridiculous.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

The Official Swansea City v Aston Villa Match Thread on 19:09 - Mar 18 with 9172 viewsSwansNZ

2-1, Gylfi and Routledge

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

The Official Swansea City v Aston Villa Match Thread on 19:11 - Mar 18 with 9169 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

We will actually score 3 goals for the first time in a looooooooonnng while .

3-0 Swans

And premier league safety

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Login to get fewer ads

The Official Swansea City v Aston Villa Match Thread on 19:16 - Mar 18 with 9155 viewsOldjack

Get the first goal early and knock the little fight out of them ,should be a breeze after that hopefully

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

The Official Swansea City v Aston Villa Match Thread on 20:14 - Mar 18 with 9057 viewsoldcob

We have the better team and are playing home. We should win this one lads and lasses surely.
The Official Swansea City v Aston Villa Match Thread on 23:02 - Mar 18 with 8840 viewsmarchamjack

Comfortable win, they are sht

Oh,..Dave, what's occuring?

The Official Swansea City v Aston Villa Match Thread on 00:25 - Mar 19 with 8774 viewsjackportis

The Official Swansea City v Aston Villa Match Thread on 19:00 - Mar 18 by Darran

So if we lose this one and win all our other games we'll deserve to go down?
Don't be so bloody ridiculous.

Innit

Jackportis the brand. “A gifted poster”, “planet swans have a real talent on their hands in the name of Jackportis” sky sports 2018. . JP fully supports posters of LBG, mx orientation and ethnic minority groups. Update - now fully supporting the pansexual community.

The Official Swansea City v Aston Villa Match Thread on 04:18 - Mar 19 with 8711 viewsJackFish

The Official Swansea City v Aston Villa Match Thread on 00:25 - Mar 19 by jackportis

Innit

"Villa have lost five Premier League games in a row, conceding two or more goals in each of them"

Why can I see this changing tomorrow?
The Official Swansea City v Aston Villa Match Thread on 05:37 - Mar 19 with 8695 viewsdailew

The Official Swansea City v Aston Villa Match Thread on 04:18 - Mar 19 by JackFish

"Villa have lost five Premier League games in a row, conceding two or more goals in each of them"

Yup. Same here.

It will be

""Villa have lost six Premier League games in a row, conceding two or more goals in each of them" "

Poll: Would you like Rodgers back as the new manager ?

The Official Swansea City v Aston Villa Match Thread on 06:39 - Mar 19 with 8666 viewsEdmundo

The Official Swansea City v Aston Villa Match Thread on 04:18 - Mar 19 by JackFish

If they manage to win a succession of corners, personally.......i'll be bricking it!

Swansea City-Officially the best football team in Wales-FACT

The Official Swansea City v Aston Villa Match Thread on 07:05 - Mar 19 with 8642 viewsswanny

Well I'm excited, my first real live game in ages.

'Sorry, your password must contain a capital letter, two numbers, a symbol, an inspiring message, a spell, a gang sign, a hieroglyph and the blood of a virgin"

The Official Swansea City v Aston Villa Match Thread on 07:37 - Mar 19 with 8607 viewsangryjack

Taylor shouldn't be anywhere near squad never mind team
The Official Swansea City v Aston Villa Match Thread on 07:51 - Mar 19 with 8592 viewsVetchitBack

Right you know when you are ridiculously conservative or pessimistic and then you can look back and laugh?

2-2 and us being happy with that in the end as we defend for our lives against a late aerial onslaught.

The orthodox are always orthodox, regardless of the orthodoxy.

The Official Swansea City v Aston Villa Match Thread on 08:23 - Mar 19 with 8550 viewsexiledinenglandjack

I expect Kingsley to start, the more pressure we put on their shocking defence the better and if he replicates his Arsenal performance, it'll b back to the walls stuff for them
The Official Swansea City v Aston Villa Match Thread on 08:55 - Mar 19 with 8501 viewskarnataka

I think the most important thing in our game plan must be to start in top gear, put them under pressure from the very first second and keep them on the back foot. I want to see 65-70% possession first half and most of that in their half of the pitch not ours. A slow start, needlessly conceding possession and allowing them to settle and get a foothold in the game would be disastrous. They are vulnerable and lacking any sort of confidence so getting players like Barrow and Routledge into the game in wide positions from the word go is essential as they are capable of causing them massive problems especially Barrow on current form.
The Official Swansea City v Aston Villa Match Thread on 09:40 - Mar 19 with 8434 viewsABERSWAN

Will be tough,they put in a good performance last Sunday against Spurs. They seemed to realise they were down and the fear of making mistakes had been lifted. The first goal by Kane did deflate them and heads did drop,but they come here with nothing to lose. Pressure is off them,if that makes sense,so we need to be patient and not expect an easy game.
The Official Swansea City v Aston Villa Match Thread on 10:03 - Mar 19 with 8390 viewsDr_Winston

The Official Swansea City v Aston Villa Match Thread on 08:55 - Mar 19 by karnataka

I think the most important thing in our game plan must be to start in top gear, put them under pressure from the very first second and keep them on the back foot. I want to see 65-70% possession first half and most of that in their half of the pitch not ours. A slow start, needlessly conceding possession and allowing them to settle and get a foothold in the game would be disastrous. They are vulnerable and lacking any sort of confidence so getting players like Barrow and Routledge into the game in wide positions from the word go is essential as they are capable of causing them massive problems especially Barrow on current form.

Yup. Not a game for faint hearts. A win today should just about see us safe, and an appropriately aggressive mentality is required.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

The Official Swansea City v Aston Villa Match Thread on 10:38 - Mar 19 with 8326 viewsSwaneeRiver

The Official Swansea City v Aston Villa Match Thread on 08:55 - Mar 19 by karnataka

Totally agree. As I sit in the South Stand I hope not to see the ball up our end for 45 minutes and Fab to be twiddling his thumbs throughout.
A resounding aggressive win, to put the relegation worries to bed one and for all
The Official Swansea City v Aston Villa Match Thread on 10:52 - Mar 19 with 8281 viewstomdickharry

The current collection of players representing the Villa are probably the worst for many many years,they are poor in every aspect of team performance they are that bad. Good win today and 3 points nearer safety.
The Official Swansea City v Aston Villa Match Thread on 10:59 - Mar 19 with 8271 viewsWarwickHunt

The Official Swansea City v Aston Villa Match Thread on 08:23 - Mar 19 by exiledinenglandjack

I expect Kingsley to start, the more pressure we put on their shocking defence the better and if he replicates his Arsenal performance, it'll b back to the walls stuff for them

Their full-backs are even worse than ours.

Width and pace please. If Kingsley doesn't start after Taylor's last performance then he should be writing to his MP.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024