Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Half Time 20:35 - Apr 19 with 6683 viewsSuddenLad

1-0 to Dale. Callum Camps in added time.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Half Time on 23:41 - Apr 19 with 2291 viewsdingdangblue

Half Time on 22:21 - Apr 19 by irisaln

It was bad management tonight with the wrong subs being put on and also put on 10 minute too late.. One could see it coming and not for the first time this season that the great Hill has made a big mistake!!!!

The only thing I could see coming was a 2nd Dale goal. We played really well and looked like the team going for the play offs.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Half Time on 00:46 - Apr 20 with 2177 viewsSandyman

Half Time on 23:41 - Apr 19 by dingdangblue

The only thing I could see coming was a 2nd Dale goal. We played really well and looked like the team going for the play offs.

This. We more than matched them first half, and battered them beyond belief for most of the second half, but didn't score. Sometimes poo like that happens. They sneaked one well against the run of play but there you go. Magnificent by the Dale tonight. Proud of them. Fans supported Dale well despite the issue of the week.

From my eyes, despite the season ticket faux pas, The Sandy was on top form tonight. Supported our team brilliantly and heckled the Gills as required . So why alienate those hard core fans with a season ticket scheme, which, (given conversations before, during and after the game) is going to stop a large % of those people being S T holders and consequently coming week in week out to support the players and RAFC? An increase is an increase and don't lie to those who are asked to pay more that it isn't!! It won't wash and will reduce the fanbase.

UP THE DALE
Half Time on 00:59 - Apr 20 with 2156 viewsdingdangblue

Half Time on 22:21 - Apr 19 by irisaln

It was bad management tonight with the wrong subs being put on and also put on 10 minute too late.. One could see it coming and not for the first time this season that the great Hill has made a big mistake!!!!

Get real ffs.
We outplayed Gills for massive periods and looked the team more likely to score all night. Unfortunately that 2nd wouldn't come. We are playing superb and have been for a couple of months - and you are having sly digs at our brilliant manager?

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10

Half Time on 07:13 - Apr 20 with 2038 viewssweetcorn

Half Time on 00:59 - Apr 20 by dingdangblue

Get real ffs.
We outplayed Gills for massive periods and looked the team more likely to score all night. Unfortunately that 2nd wouldn't come. We are playing superb and have been for a couple of months - and you are having sly digs at our brilliant manager?

But he isn't wrong about the wrong subs being used last night, they made us a worse team and you can downvote this post as well.. Im not calling hill for it, these things happen and subs dont always work out like you hoped.

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Half Time on 07:58 - Apr 20 with 1942 viewsMoonyDale

Half Time on 07:13 - Apr 20 by sweetcorn

But he isn't wrong about the wrong subs being used last night, they made us a worse team and you can downvote this post as well.. Im not calling hill for it, these things happen and subs dont always work out like you hoped.

Completely agree, the subs didn't help us at all and up till that we looked a class above them. How we didn't win last night is beyond me. #wegotmugged.,..

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

Half Time on 07:59 - Apr 20 with 1947 viewsdingdangblue

Half Time on 07:13 - Apr 20 by sweetcorn

Exactly - these things happen. Wrong subs? Vincenti and Holt have been coming on for the last part of games for months and no one's said owt! Everyone wanted 3 points last night but Gillingham are a tough team - thats why they've been up there all season. We haven't got a replacement for McDermott so when he goes off its difficult - we should have been 2-0 up by then anyway - thats nothing to do with Hill or the subs. Starting slagging off people after the few months we've had is extremely poor.

Half Time on 09:11 - Apr 20 with 1859 viewsfrenzied

To have a chance of a play off spot after 43 games of a season with a squad which is thin at times is nothing short of a miracle...Hill is the master of getting a pint out of a half pint glass at this level.

Look down the road at our neighbours..a lot of money spent mid table at best ..I fear Flitcroft will be ejected in the summer.

We press on to Sat ..I expect Sheff Utd to beat Barnsley and then if we can win at Port Vale who knows!
Half Time on 09:41 - Apr 20 with 1817 viewsdingdangblue

Half Time on 09:11 - Apr 20 by frenzied

To have a chance of a play off spot after 43 games of a season with a squad which is thin at times is nothing short of a miracle...Hill is the master of getting a pint out of a half pint glass at this level.

Look down the road at our neighbours..a lot of money spent mid table at best ..I fear Flitcroft will be ejected in the summer.

We press on to Sat ..I expect Sheff Utd to beat Barnsley and then if we can win at Port Vale who knows!

And Gillingham v Shrewsbury on Saturday. Looks like an easy win for them but Gills haven't won a home game since March 12th when they beat Crewe. We are still in this with a win at Port Vale!!! Come on.
[Post edited 20 Apr 2016 9:47]

Login to get fewer ads

Half Time on 09:54 - Apr 20 with 1780 viewsnordenblue

Half Time on 07:59 - Apr 20 by dingdangblue

Exactly - these things happen. Wrong subs? Vincenti and Holt have been coming on for the last part of games for months and no one's said owt! Everyone wanted 3 points last night but Gillingham are a tough team - thats why they've been up there all season. We haven't got a replacement for McDermott so when he goes off its difficult - we should have been 2-0 up by then anyway - thats nothing to do with Hill or the subs. Starting slagging off people after the few months we've had is extremely poor.

Holty or Andrew should have been brought on when we were 1.0 up,to hold the ball up better as nothing stuck to NML all night and its pretty obvious they'd start coming at us at some point towards then end of the game chasing a goal.
Half Time on 10:02 - Apr 20 with 1760 viewsYadHoDale

Agree re wrong subs.

When Donal came off we should have tried to keep the same shape.

So either Dave on as a straight swap, or Andy Cannon on and Callum Camps pushed further forward.

However, its easier with hindsight...
Half Time on 13:39 - Apr 20 with 1635 viewsWhiteyBFC

Half Time on 22:35 - Apr 19 by D_Dale

Of the 7 teams in the play-off places, Bradford lost tonight and Walsall could only draw at home to Swindon. Gillingham should count themselves fortunate to get a point (though Justin Edinburgh says he thought they'd get a winner). Barnsley scraped a late win against 10-men Posh. Millwall won 1-0 against struggling Fleetwood (a Grant shot came back off the bar). Wigan and Burton shared the points.

Nothing very convincing there, though I'd agree that Dale have beaten only three of the 7 (Barnsley, Walsall and Burton) in what has been a very unpredictable division.

Looking from the outside, at our 1-0 win, winner in the 91st minute etc, of course you'd assume we 'scraped' it. But trust me, we ought to have won that 4-0 minimum. Their keeper had a stormer, made some breathtaking saves. It was practically attack vs defence throughout. They actually became tougher opponents after going a man down (Hourihane absolutely conned the ref, poor form on his part, but ruthlessly achieved). Yet the winner finally arrived after their keeper dropped a howler. Bizarre. But this is Ben Alnwick for you. The wally who headbutted one of your players the day that saw Bobby Hassell take over in goal and play like Gordon Banks. Last night was the first time I'd ever seen him save a shot at Oakwell. You couldn't help but feel 'this isn't our night'. But turns out it was. Cracking set of results, shame Dale couldn't get the win they deserved.

With our second choice right back at left back and Josh Scowen playing right back, no Marley Watkins, down to the barest of bones... it's quite incredible that everything just continues. We look unaffected. Great clean sheet and point at Burton, even better points haul and clean sheet last night.

Counting only the second half of the season, we're top of the division. We have gained the most clean sheets. Scored the most goals. Conceded the least. Most wins. And already been to Wembley and won. Be an absolute travesty if we finish 7th. But, it'd be deserved if so. The table doesn't lie. If only we'd turned up in October/November, in just a couple of those defeats. A couple of points now would be massive.

As for Dale, I don't like to be seen as patronizing or whatever, because I remember saying the same to you last season, but what a bloody season you've had once again. And it's not over yet. I think three wins from three gets you a playoff spot. I'd be delighted if we make the playoffs. But it'd be doubly nice if we ended 4th/5th and you took 6th. And then we came through our semi finals to meet each other at Wembley.....

Sounds unlikely/daft. But so did it sound daft when I said we'd make the playoffs (on Xmas day) when we were 24th.

#Believe
Half Time on 13:54 - Apr 20 with 1608 viewsfitzochris

"I think three wins from three gets you a playoff spot."

I reckon even if we finish on 74 points we're relying on the likes of yourselves and Gillingham to have complete nightmare ends to the season.

I certainly can't see it in your case.

Millwall need just a single win to get beyond our reach and Bradford an additional draw.

Then there is the fact that both Sheffield United and Scunthorpe are on the same points as us with very similar goal differences, which could swing in their favour (although the fact they play each other on the final day could have a massive impact).

So, a lot of teams still in it mathematically, even if we chalk off three wins.

Personally, I think the three wins is a must regardless of the play-offs, just so that we can achieve that highest league placing.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Half Time on 13:54 - Apr 20 with 1607 viewsdingdangblue

Half Time on 13:39 - Apr 20 by WhiteyBFC

Looking from the outside, at our 1-0 win, winner in the 91st minute etc, of course you'd assume we 'scraped' it. But trust me, we ought to have won that 4-0 minimum. Their keeper had a stormer, made some breathtaking saves. It was practically attack vs defence throughout. They actually became tougher opponents after going a man down (Hourihane absolutely conned the ref, poor form on his part, but ruthlessly achieved). Yet the winner finally arrived after their keeper dropped a howler. Bizarre. But this is Ben Alnwick for you. The wally who headbutted one of your players the day that saw Bobby Hassell take over in goal and play like Gordon Banks. Last night was the first time I'd ever seen him save a shot at Oakwell. You couldn't help but feel 'this isn't our night'. But turns out it was. Cracking set of results, shame Dale couldn't get the win they deserved.

With our second choice right back at left back and Josh Scowen playing right back, no Marley Watkins, down to the barest of bones... it's quite incredible that everything just continues. We look unaffected. Great clean sheet and point at Burton, even better points haul and clean sheet last night.

Counting only the second half of the season, we're top of the division. We have gained the most clean sheets. Scored the most goals. Conceded the least. Most wins. And already been to Wembley and won. Be an absolute travesty if we finish 7th. But, it'd be deserved if so. The table doesn't lie. If only we'd turned up in October/November, in just a couple of those defeats. A couple of points now would be massive.

As for Dale, I don't like to be seen as patronizing or whatever, because I remember saying the same to you last season, but what a bloody season you've had once again. And it's not over yet. I think three wins from three gets you a playoff spot. I'd be delighted if we make the playoffs. But it'd be doubly nice if we ended 4th/5th and you took 6th. And then we came through our semi finals to meet each other at Wembley.....

Sounds unlikely/daft. But so did it sound daft when I said we'd make the playoffs (on Xmas day) when we were 24th.

#Believe

Unfortunately we have never won at Port Vale in 24 league visits.

Half Time on 14:18 - Apr 20 with 1558 viewsSuddenLad

Half Time on 13:54 - Apr 20 by dingdangblue

We had never won at Swindon until last season, rarely did we ever get anything at Peterborough. We won. We also beat Walsall 3-0 on their own patch. We won at Coventry.

We have nowt to worry about going to Vale Park. Bring it on.......

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Half Time on 14:40 - Apr 20 with 1527 viewsdingdangblue

Half Time on 14:18 - Apr 20 by SuddenLad

We had never won at Swindon until last season, rarely did we ever get anything at Peterborough. We won. We also beat Walsall 3-0 on their own patch. We won at Coventry.

We have nowt to worry about going to Vale Park. Bring it on.......

I'm not worried - cant see us winning though, unfortunately . Hope they prove me wrong.

Half Time on 15:01 - Apr 20 with 1479 viewsaleanddale

Would not surprise me if we won on Saturday.

How good would that be last home game and STILL in with a shout of 6th!!

Well played last night Dale on another Night we would have won comfortably!
Half Time on 18:04 - Apr 20 with 1405 viewsColDale

Half Time on 15:01 - Apr 20 by aleanddale

Would not surprise me if we won on Saturday.

How good would that be last home game and STILL in with a shout of 6th!!

Well played last night Dale on another Night we would have won comfortably!

the number of dead rubber games we've played under Keith Hill is astonishing. I might be one or two out, but I'm sure I worked something out last season and we had less than ten games with nothing other than pride to play for in all his seasons in charge.
Half Time on 20:00 - Apr 20 with 1332 viewsWhiteyBFC

Half Time on 13:54 - Apr 20 by dingdangblue

We'd not beaten them there since 1996, until a month ago.

We'd never lost to Altrincham before this season either...

I don't subscribe to that kind of nonsense.

How do your team fare against hoof merchants? Because that's how Vale approached our game. Ball after ball launched into the box. They were hard done to that afternoon. The only fortunate win I can recall for us this season. But then, Chesterfield robbed us at Oakwell the other week... it's football. Funny old game.
Half Time on 20:14 - Apr 20 with 1315 viewsTalkingSutty

Half Time on 13:39 - Apr 20 by WhiteyBFC

#Believe

You know what they say.... Big bragger, bad shagger!!
[Post edited 20 Apr 2016 20:17]
Half Time on 23:36 - Apr 20 with 1215 viewsWhiteyBFC

Half Time on 20:14 - Apr 20 by TalkingSutty

You know what they say.... Big bragger, bad shagger!!
[Post edited 20 Apr 2016 20:17]

Not something I've ever heard said to me.
Half Time on 07:04 - Apr 21 with 1129 viewsTalkingSutty

Half Time on 23:36 - Apr 20 by WhiteyBFC

Not something I've ever heard said to me.

They don't say it to your face mate....so the wife says
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024