Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Official Swansea City Versus Manchester City Match Day Thread 21:30 - May 12 with 18337 viewsjackharris

Venue: Liberty Stadium, Swansea (Post Code for Sat Navs: SA1 2FA)
Date: Sunday 15th May 2016
Match Times: Kick Off 3pm, Turnstiles open 1.30pm, halftime (approx) 3.46pm, second half kick off 4.02pm, Match Complete by approximately 4.52pm
[Post edited 15 May 2016 1:28]

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

The Official Swansea City Versus Manchester City Match Thread on 21:31 - May 12 with 8528 viewsjackharris

The last game of the season at the Liberty is a game between Swansea City and Manchester City!
Venue: Liberty Stadium, Swansea (Post Code for Sat Navs: SA1 2FA)
Date: Sunday 15th May 2016
Match Times: Kick Off 3pm, Turnstiles open 1.30pm, halftime (approx) 3.46pm, second half kick off 4.02pm, Match Complete by approximately 4.52pm

Steve Wilson: "So farewell Manuel Pellegrini - hair greyed, cheeks furrowed, eyes a little sad. "City fans dubbed him 'This Charming Man', though actually 'Heaven Knows I'm Miserable Now' could have been his song; despite the name, Manuel didn't grin very often. "He did win trophies - becoming only the second City manager to win two in one season - but the League Cup doesn't really float their boat in Abu Dhabi or east Manchester. Pellegrini looked like he was holding the fort for Guardiola long before confirmation came. "Swansea are finishing strongly. More than half of their league wins this season have come since Francesco Guidolin took over - he has earned his new deal."

Swansea City head coach Francesco Guidolin: "Next season 40 points is the priority and, if it's possible, to play well. It's important not to lose this, or to lose our identity. "This season could be a lesson for the future because for Swansea in the last 10 years, every year has been up, up, up. "In football it's not always easy to go up. It's important to have a season that's a little bit complicated to understand and learn new things."
Manchester City manager Manuel Pellegrini reflects on his time in charge: "During the three seasons, the fans always tell me that they enjoy our games."It's about a style, and for me it's important to be the highest-scoring team for three seasons, to be always in the Champions League and to win three titles."

The match referee will be Mike Dean, who will be looking to have a quiet weekend after Refereeing the Middlesborough v Brighton and West Ham United v Manchester United matches this week! Will never forgive him for giving that dubious penalty to Cardiff after Joey Allen's cracking goal and him being hit in the head from a Cardiff Missile!

The weather is going to be dry, temperatures to be around the 15degrees mark, with some cloud cover at times.

Swansea's Euro 2016-bound quartet Ashley Williams, Neil Taylor, Gylfi Sigurdsson and Lukasz Fabianski will all be rested. Goalkeeper Kristoffer Nordfeldt will make his Premier League debut but Jefferson Montero and Alberto Paloschi are out with hamstring injuries. Manchester City's Aleksandar Kolarov is a doubt, while Samir Nasri is available again after illness. Vincent Kompany, David Silva and Pablo Zabaleta are definite absentees.
Possible Formation - Could be anything, but an educated guess it will possibly something like this...

Subs- GK?, Ki, Gorre, Fulton, Rangel, Bartley, Gomis
The match is a battle between two teams that are positioned 6th and 7th in the Premier League most recent form table.

Swansea have won their last two league matches, scoring seven goals in the process.
They have won four successive home games for the first time in the Premier League.
The Swans have only conceded three goals in their last seven Premier League home fixtures.
Bafetimbi Gomis has scored in both of his last two Premier League games against Manchester City.
Man City have only won one of their last four league matches (D2, L1).
They have won just one of their six away games on the final day of a Premier League season (D2, L3).Manuel Pellgrini's side have only won five of their last 13 matches (L5, D3).
Wilfried Bony has scored in both of his Premier League matches against his former club Swansea.
Sergio Aguero has scored in six Premier League games in a row, his longest ever run in the competition.

I am going to back Manchester City to get the point they need for fourth, although they never do anything the easy way, do they? Prediction: 1-1 ML

[Post edited 14 May 2016 9:15]

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.

The Official Swansea City Versus Manchester City Match Thread on 21:45 - May 12 with 8511 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Mike Dean for this one.

Why do we hate this ref again? I have a hard time keeping them straight.

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

The Official Swansea City Versus Manchester City Match Thread on 21:53 - May 12 with 8492 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Oh and hoping to see:

Ayew
Montero-Emnes-Barrow
Cork-Ki
Kingsley-Amat-Fernandez-Naughton
Nordfeldt

Marvin really deserves a chance to show something.

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

The Official Swansea City Versus Manchester City Match Thread on 21:57 - May 12 with 8479 viewslegoman

The Official Swansea City Versus Manchester City Match Thread on 21:53 - May 12 by Tummer_from_Texas

Oh and hoping to see:

Ayew
Montero-Emnes-Barrow
Cork-Ki
Nordfeldt

Much maligned Marv. I like him, always seems to give his all.

"M'sieur, you said your dog did not bite!" "That's not my dog"

The Official Swansea City Versus Manchester City Match Thread on 21:57 - May 12 with 8479 viewsOldjack

The Official Swansea City Versus Manchester City Match Thread on 21:45 - May 12 by Tummer_from_Texas

Mike Dean for this one.

Why do we hate this ref again? I have a hard time keeping them straight.

Onion park the pen that never was

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

The Official Swansea City Versus Manchester City Match Thread on 23:02 - May 12 with 8332 viewsmax936

The Official Swansea City Versus Manchester City Match Thread on 21:57 - May 12 by Oldjack

Onion park the pen that never was

He shat himself that day, he did it again on Tuesday at West Ham v Utd, hopeless ref, not to bad when there's no pressure he relaxes and doesn't do a bad job, but any pressure games and its a bottle job.

Where's Phil Dowd these days, I wonder?

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

The Official Swansea City Versus Manchester City Match Thread on 23:13 - May 12 with 8312 viewsjackharris

The Official Swansea City Versus Manchester City Match Thread on 23:02 - May 12 by max936

He shat himself that day, he did it again on Tuesday at West Ham v Utd, hopeless ref, not to bad when there's no pressure he relaxes and doesn't do a bad job, but any pressure games and its a bottle job.

Where's Phil Dowd these days, I wonder?

Phil Dowd and Sian Massey are at the moment the subject of scientific genetic research into producing the perfect Match Officials, under the stewardship of the Evil Genius Pierluigi Collina

The Official Swansea City Versus Manchester City Match Thread on 06:39 - May 13 with 8178 viewsEdmundo

The Official Swansea City Versus Manchester City Match Thread on 23:13 - May 12 by jackharris

Phil Dowd and Sian Massey are at the moment the subject of scientific genetic research into producing the perfect Match Officials, under the stewardship of the Evil Genius Pierluigi Collina

😂

👍

Nearly spat my cornflakes out!

Swansea City-Officially the best football team in Wales-FACT

Login to get fewer ads

The Official Swansea City Versus Manchester City Match Thread on 09:21 - May 13 with 8057 viewsjasper_T

Don't change a winning team imo.

Apart from the goalkeeper.
The Official Swansea City Versus Manchester City Match Thread on 10:02 - May 13 with 8020 viewsWarwickHunt

The Official Swansea City Versus Manchester City Match Thread on 21:53 - May 12 by Tummer_from_Texas

Oh and hoping to see:

Ayew
Montero-Emnes-Barrow
Cork-Ki
Nordfeldt

Five minutes should tell you all you need to know...
The Official Swansea City Versus Manchester City Match Thread on 10:42 - May 13 with 7989 viewsAustinIsOurHero

score draw, all depends on which City turn up, hopefully not the one who thumped the toon 5-1.

Bony will probably score if he plays.

What do they need - a point to secure 4th?

Poll: How many points will be get from the next two games?

The Official Swansea City Versus Manchester City Match Thread on 10:54 - May 13 with 7974 viewsLoyal

The Official Swansea City Versus Manchester City Match Thread on 10:42 - May 13 by AustinIsOurHero

score draw, all depends on which City turn up, hopefully not the one who thumped the toon 5-1.

Also depends on which Swansea team turn up, if it's the one which thumped the scouse then Man City had better bring their braces.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

The Official Swansea City Versus Manchester City Match Thread on 11:15 - May 13 with 7946 viewsairedale

I've read that Montero and Paloschi are out, both with hamstring injuries.

http://www.swansea.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=446730
The Official Swansea City Versus Manchester City Match Thread on 12:58 - May 13 with 7864 viewsTheKirkyLife

Emnes always seems to come up with a goal on the final day of the season either on the scoresheet himself or helping. Worth a runout :D
The Official Swansea City Versus Manchester City Match Thread on 13:33 - May 13 with 7814 viewsmonmouth

The Official Swansea City Versus Manchester City Match Thread on 12:58 - May 13 by TheKirkyLife

Emnes always seems to come up with a goal on the final day of the season either on the scoresheet himself or helping. Worth a runout :D

Whenyou say always, you mean he did once?

Liverpool 1-0 Emnes not with us
Fulham 0-3 Emnes not with us
Sunderland 3-1 Emnes scored a cracker
Palace 0-1 Emnes was shit
[Post edited 13 May 2016 16:21]

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

The Official Swansea City Versus Manchester City Match Thread on 14:18 - May 13 with 7760 viewsTummer_from_Texas

The Official Swansea City Versus Manchester City Match Thread on 11:15 - May 13 by airedale

I've read that Montero and Paloschi are out, both with hamstring injuries.

http://www.swansea.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=446730

Maybe time for a Gorre appearance, like last season on the final day.

The Official Swansea City Versus Manchester City Match Thread on 19:13 - May 13 with 7529 viewsbonymine

The Official Swansea City Versus Manchester City Match Thread on 14:18 - May 13 by Tummer_from_Texas

Maybe time for a Gorre appearance, like last season on the final day.

Kenji is a talented lad but even at U21 level when I've watched him he appears to be selfish on occassions and doesn't always choose the best option in attacking situations.

Nevertheless, a raw talent most definitely and can produce sheer magic so maybe deserves a crack in the 1st team squad on the last day ??

STID. Together Stronger

💪💪💪

Poll: Why is this site so quiet these days ?

The Official Swansea City Versus Manchester City Match Thread on 20:26 - May 13 with 7465 viewsSwansNZ

The Official Swansea City Versus Manchester City Match Thread on 19:13 - May 13 by bonymine

Kenji is a talented lad but even at U21 level when I've watched him he appears to be selfish on occassions and doesn't always choose the best option in attacking situations.

Nevertheless, a raw talent most definitely and can produce sheer magic so maybe deserves a crack in the 1st team squad on the last day ??

STID. Together Stronger

💪💪💪

He was on the bench last week. Might be worth another bench appearance, give his 20 minutes maybe.

I thought Montero would have been ok this week, he was in the training video.

Same team as last week, with Nordfeldt in for Fab.

2-2

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

The Official Swansea City Versus Manchester City Match Thread on 20:33 - May 13 with 7446 viewsvetchonian

Oh and hoping to see:

Ayew
Montero-Emnes-Barrow
Cork-Ki
Nordfeldt

Ki won't be there ask little senior

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

The Official Swansea City Versus Manchester City Match Thread on 11:17 - May 14 with 7076 viewsWarwickHunt

The Official Swansea City Versus Manchester City Match Thread on 13:33 - May 13 by monmouth

Whenyou say always, you mean he did once?

Liverpool 1-0 Emnes not with us
Fulham 0-3 Emnes not with us
Sunderland 3-1 Emnes scored a cracker
Palace 0-1 Emnes was shit
[Post edited 13 May 2016 16:21]

He'll be out the door soon and not before time.

Giving one of the kids a 20 minute run out would be far more sensible.
The Official Swansea City Versus Manchester City Match Thread on 17:08 - May 14 with 6830 viewsTummer_from_Texas

The Official Swansea City Versus Manchester City Match Thread on 20:33 - May 13 by vetchonian

Ki won't be there ask little senior

Saw that today.

Leon then I guess.

The Official Swansea City Versus Manchester City Match Thread on 17:56 - May 14 with 6781 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Interesting programming note: the main NBC (non cable) network station will be broadcasting a 3 pm game. Usually they only show the late games on Saturday and/or Sunday.

They’ve chosen us.

The Official Swansea City Versus Manchester City Match Thread on 10:05 - May 15 with 6178 viewsOldjack

The Official Swansea City Versus Manchester City Match Thread on 10:42 - May 13 by AustinIsOurHero

Citeh will be going all out for the win with their strongest possible team ,Franco will be deemed a genius if we get anything out of this game especially as some of our best are missing

2-2 and everyone is happy

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

The Official Swansea City Versus Manchester City Match Thread on 10:15 - May 15 with 6159 viewsJackfath

Oh and hoping to see:

Ayew
Montero-Emnes-Barrow
Cork-Ki
Nordfeldt

Why does Marvin deserve a chance?

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

The Official Swansea City Versus Manchester City Match Thread on 10:32 - May 15 with 6131 viewsexiledclaseboy

The Official Swansea City Versus Manchester City Match Thread on 10:15 - May 15 by Jackfath

Why does Marvin deserve a chance?

Because he was a friend of mine.

Poll: Tory leader

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024