Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Spotting Rangers fans in unlikely places 11:27 - Jun 3 with 5076 viewsBirminghamR

Summer's here - Always does my heart good to spot and link up with fellow Rs fans when you are least expecting it...spotting a shirt in a crowd
Martin Rowlands nephew on a ferry in Sorrento, Italy
Rs fan in a queue for Sistene Chapel - Vatican
My son made contact with an African R shirt wearer on the border of Kenya and Tanzania.
Pub dedicated to Rs on W coast Ireland - County Clare? (correct me)
and yesterday at Birmingham uni Muirhead Tower
Any more?
Spotting Rangers fans in unlikely places on 11:33 - Jun 3 with 5061 viewsDWQPR

Last summer whilst in Barbados attending the final day of the Cropover festival in Bridgetown, had my boy wearing his Rangers shirt, so that we had more chance of spotting him if he got lost. Anyway, walking down the main road towards the Kensington Oval, with loads of people, bands, dancers, suddenly there was a big "YOU R's!" Come from our right. A Barbadian sauntered over an shook our hands and revealed that at the age of 11 hits family migrated to England in the late 60's and settled in Conningham Road and quickly became a Rangers fan regularly being taken down to LR by his Dad to see Rodney Marsh and then his hero, Stan. Had a good chat with him a a couple of bottles of beer, before continuing with the parade.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Spotting Rangers fans in unlikely places on 13:15 - Jun 3 with 4940 viewsR_from_afar

Last night I had one such encounter. A bloke who has played football with me for years turned up in a Rangers training top (the black and grey one). I think he is mainly a Man U fan but his son has QPR leanings because he bought the top for his dad (or perhaps it was all a cruel p1ss take ).

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Spotting Rangers fans in unlikely places on 13:19 - Jun 3 with 4930 viewsaston_hoop

I was in a shared minibus/taxi type thing from a town on the Albania/Macedonia border going through to Tirane. Ended up sitting next to an Albanian bloke who knew loads about the Rs as he had started following them because a bloke he worked with at the British embassy supported them. And he bought me a beer. Top stuff.

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Spotting Rangers fans in unlikely places on 13:29 - Jun 3 with 4906 viewsrrrspricey

Can’t remember exactly where (somewhere in the hills surrounding Marbella) but ate in a restaurant run by a Rs fan and his (scum supporting) dad, Pics and memorabilia everywhere

Also drank in a boozer somewhere in Essex many years ago that was run by a QPR nut!
Spotting Rangers fans in unlikely places on 13:58 - Jun 3 with 4850 viewsDaiHo0p

In my office in the Valleys I found another R, Welsh too.
Spotting Rangers fans in unlikely places on 14:21 - Jun 3 with 4810 viewseastside_r

Promotion day 30th April 2011 (yes I did have to look it up )

As some royal event was going on, I had booked a weekend away in republican France.

Anyhow, I was in Notre Dame cathedral (again) and I came across a grumpy looking bloke sitting on the base of a plinth in a Rangers' shirt. Had a brief chat, I don't think he was a regular (I am.) He was not enjoying 'being dragged about places like this by the wife' but thought we might do something at Watford later that day.

Someone on here?
Spotting Rangers fans in unlikely places on 14:37 - Jun 3 with 4763 viewsBoston

Nepal 1979, South Col just passed 28,000ft when we met up with a chap wearing a Rangers shirt. Sensible type of fellah, long sleeves.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Spotting Rangers fans in unlikely places on 14:39 - Jun 3 with 4762 viewsozexile

2 years ago in the marketplace in antalya turkey. Totally random meet up. He was reading a Harry Redknapp book. I started talking to him thinking he was a spurs fan but rangers through and through.
Login to get fewer ads

Spotting Rangers fans in unlikely places on 14:53 - Jun 3 with 4714 viewsdanehoop

Whilst working in Denmark I discovered by accident the Danish R's in Copenhagen a great group of lads who met up each month when the Rs were playing and on TV. Quickly learnt that it was not always easy to watch us on TV even if we were on because not pubs were that interested in screening anything that wasnt one of the "big" English sides.

In China I worked with another QPR lad in my office there (we made 2 in Beijing at that time). Amazingly as I arrived another QPR fan left.

Bumped into him again last year in one of our offices in Russia.

Never knowingly understood

Spotting Rangers fans in unlikely places on 18:12 - Jun 3 with 4511 viewsBoston

Spotting Rangers fans in unlikely places on 14:53 - Jun 3 by danehoop

Whilst working in Denmark I discovered by accident the Danish R's in Copenhagen a great group of lads who met up each month when the Rs were playing and on TV. Quickly learnt that it was not always easy to watch us on TV even if we were on because not pubs were that interested in screening anything that wasnt one of the "big" English sides.

In China I worked with another QPR lad in my office there (we made 2 in Beijing at that time). Amazingly as I arrived another QPR fan left.

Bumped into him again last year in one of our offices in Russia.

MI6, Dane?

Spotting Rangers fans in unlikely places on 18:38 - Jun 3 with 4488 viewsdanehoop

Spotting Rangers fans in unlikely places on 18:12 - Jun 3 by Boston

MI6, Dane?

If I told you I would have to kill you.

Nothing anywhere near as exciting I am afraid.

Never knowingly understood

Spotting Rangers fans in unlikely places on 19:01 - Jun 3 with 4465 viewsscot1963

Living in Penzance I expected to be the only R in the village but I've randomly met quite a few who live here as well. A neighbour just around the corner from where we now live. And Joel, who'd been playing tennis on the court next to me and my son for some time and had a green and white hooped shirt I decided looked like our away kit at that time but thought no more until he turned up in a blue and white hooped shirt. Turned out he was QPR and so was his dad who I had acted for when I was conveyancing and also his dad's dad as well who I'd known when he was alive. Beeb, who has a spud van at the top of town is a QPR supporter and he knows a different group of QPR supporters here than I do. A customer who came through the till I was working at and I saw a blue and white shirt under his coat and asked if that was QPR and turned out it was. I was also having a random football conversation with a customer and mentioned QPR and a couple at the back of the queue piped up that they were QPR and are in the Isles of Scilly. I think I now know at least 20 or so down here

I saw a couple of lads in QPR shirts as I passed through Birmingham New Street on the way to Wales a couple of years ago but we were playing Birmingham that day so was expecting I might see some
[Post edited 3 Jun 2016 19:01]
Spotting Rangers fans in unlikely places on 19:31 - Jun 3 with 4415 viewsBoston

Spotting Rangers fans in unlikely places on 19:01 - Jun 3 by scot1963

Living in Penzance I expected to be the only R in the village but I've randomly met quite a few who live here as well. A neighbour just around the corner from where we now live. And Joel, who'd been playing tennis on the court next to me and my son for some time and had a green and white hooped shirt I decided looked like our away kit at that time but thought no more until he turned up in a blue and white hooped shirt. Turned out he was QPR and so was his dad who I had acted for when I was conveyancing and also his dad's dad as well who I'd known when he was alive. Beeb, who has a spud van at the top of town is a QPR supporter and he knows a different group of QPR supporters here than I do. A customer who came through the till I was working at and I saw a blue and white shirt under his coat and asked if that was QPR and turned out it was. I was also having a random football conversation with a customer and mentioned QPR and a couple at the back of the queue piped up that they were QPR and are in the Isles of Scilly. I think I now know at least 20 or so down here

I saw a couple of lads in QPR shirts as I passed through Birmingham New Street on the way to Wales a couple of years ago but we were playing Birmingham that day so was expecting I might see some

W120?

Spotting Rangers fans in unlikely places on 19:53 - Jun 3 with 4383 viewsted_hendrix

*My son made contact with an African R shirt wearer on the border of Kenya and Tanzania.*

BirminghamR
My lad Dave (Charlie1) done a few Months charity work on Tanzanian school building projects a few Years ago and he took a few Rangers shirts with him, We've got pictures of the kids in the shirts somewhere, you never know small world and all that.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Spotting Rangers fans in unlikely places on 20:49 - Jun 3 with 4307 viewseastside_r

Spotting Rangers fans in unlikely places on 18:38 - Jun 3 by danehoop

If I told you I would have to kill you.

Nothing anywhere near as exciting I am afraid.

Yes, but you would say that wouldn't you!
Spotting Rangers fans in unlikely places on 17:42 - Jun 4 with 4084 viewsHonkytonks

My daughter lives in florida and on one of my visits there
I went to a barbecue on the beach and a chap attended proudly wearing his qpr ' brooks' top!
Spotting Rangers fans in unlikely places on 18:21 - Jun 4 with 4054 viewsingeminate

Spotting Rangers fans in unlikely places on 19:01 - Jun 3 by scot1963

Love Penzance, not sure if you know it but been going to Prussia Cove off Rosudgeon for years, been a family holiday place since the 50's, I've been going since 1986. Near Kennegy, cudden point, not too far from Praa Sands.

Lovely spot of the world.

If not actually disgruntled, he was far from being gruntled. PG Wodehouse
Poll: Should Jimmy be sacked?

Spotting Rangers fans in unlikely places on 18:47 - Jun 4 with 4036 viewsscot1963

Spotting Rangers fans in unlikely places on 18:21 - Jun 4 by ingeminate

Love Penzance, not sure if you know it but been going to Prussia Cove off Rosudgeon for years, been a family holiday place since the 50's, I've been going since 1986. Near Kennegy, cudden point, not too far from Praa Sands.

Lovely spot of the world.

yes I do know all those areas. Penzance itself is more run down now than it used to be. You weren't the random QPR supporter walking along the road in Penzance I zoomed across the road to wiggle my QPR phone case in front of last year or the year before were you? (I can't quite get into shouting URrrrrs here in case it's taken the wrong way)
[Post edited 4 Jun 2016 18:50]
Spotting Rangers fans in unlikely places on 23:28 - Jun 4 with 3910 viewsLoftusR

Back in the mid 90's I was backpacking round the world. I spent most of the trip wearing a qpr beanie hat. Via said hat I met a couple of hoops fans. The first was a guy from Ealing who I met in the Salvation Army hostel in Bombay. I have seen him a couple of times since at home games. The second guy I met was even more remote, I was on an island called Gili Twanagan, which is off the coast of Lombok in Indonesia. Started off just chatting as two Londoners, as he was from Dagenham, so I mention he must support West Ham, but no, it says he is a qpr fan. Anyway we spent the next few weeks kicking around together, eventually he headed to Hong Kong and I went to Australia.
Spotting Rangers fans in unlikely places on 00:59 - Jun 5 with 3878 viewsPommyhoop

It wasn't to me but one of my mates.He was on holiday in Jamaica or Barbados>.one of the Island's anyway.He went on this excursion up a mountain and there was a bar and disco on the top.The DJ was a big rasta with an impressive set of dreads.
He heard my mate speak and asked him where he was from. 'London' my mate answered.
'What part a London?'
'Hounslow near the Airport.'
The DJ said' Das not London man, das Middlesex'
''What team ya support?''
''Fulham'' answered my mate
The fella sucked his teeth said ''Raaass man A''m Rangers man''
I wish I was there to give it a big 'U Rrrrrs'

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Spotting Rangers fans in unlikely places on 09:11 - Jun 5 with 3771 viewsHonkytonks

Spotting Rangers fans in unlikely places on 00:59 - Jun 5 by Pommyhoop

It wasn't to me but one of my mates.He was on holiday in Jamaica or Barbados>.one of the Island's anyway.He went on this excursion up a mountain and there was a bar and disco on the top.The DJ was a big rasta with an impressive set of dreads.
He heard my mate speak and asked him where he was from. 'London' my mate answered.
'What part a London?'
'Hounslow near the Airport.'
The DJ said' Das not London man, das Middlesex'
''What team ya support?''
''Fulham'' answered my mate
The fella sucked his teeth said ''Raaass man A''m Rangers man''
I wish I was there to give it a big 'U Rrrrrs'

Dont you mean...you r'aaaaaassssss
Spotting Rangers fans in unlikely places on 15:36 - Jun 5 with 3641 viewsPeterHucker

I sat waiting for a bus in St George's, Grenada wearing a QPR shirt. A local woman who must've been in her 60s recognised the shirt and came over, started asking where I was from etc. Turned out she used to live on Oaklands Grove which is the next road from where I lived at the time (Ormiston Grove).

Also I was walking down a road in Daegu, South Korea wearing the hoops (the day after I'd been to watch Senegal v Denmark in 2002 World Cup) when a bloke on the other side of the road shouted "You Rs" at me.
Spotting Rangers fans in unlikely places on 14:51 - Jun 6 with 3472 viewsJAPRANGERS

I'm in Japan and I spotted myself in the mirror.........
Spotting Rangers fans in unlikely places on 15:48 - Jun 6 with 3429 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Kenny's in Lahinch, Co. Clare is most likely the Irish R's pub you're talking about?

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024