Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Birmingham R - Just back 23:20 - Sep 27 with 7218 viewsBirminghamR

My swift reflections
Rs come back from a goal down twice in 4 days to earn a draw and shade the game...if the game had gone on longer it was all Rs.
Smithies - 6 feel confident in him as a keeper the way I never did with so many Rs keepers down the years. Kicking can frustrate. Red kit...really?
Nedum - 6 Strong , but not always sure what to do when he has the ball.Stood off bit too much for my liking esp mid/end first half
Hall - 6/7 Couple of v strong headers. Better
Caulker - 7 appears the stronger one of the centre back duo at the moment.
Bidwell - 6 as everyone says what you see is what you get. Good & professional without necessarily catching the eye. Injury loooked v bad from what i saw...not moving/stretcher
Henry - 6 often playing so deep just in front of CBs....too deep
Borysiuk - 7 first time seeing him. GOOD. Got a tackle on him and plenty of energy and mobile. Playing his way into one of first names on sheet. Excellent scouting, Les imho
Luongo - 7 strong run involved in setting up goal. neat, energetic, combative
Wsolek - 7/8 a threat whenever involved on either flank. Very impressed with 2 feet, work rate and chances created.
Chery - 6 quiet I thought.
Washington 6/7 - cannot fault for one moment his commitment and work rate. Must be unbelievably frustrated that the balls he has to use are meant for someone twice his height..been said before. There IS a goalscorer here.
BFG - 7 took goal v well after good work by Luongo and Wsolek I think. Physical presence added so much when he came on...a focal point. Reason for this is our propensity to lump in unimaginative high balls...which suits his game well - just not Washington's. Tonight the ball was in the air loads from both sides. Not too pretty.
Lynch - 6/7 Liked look of him. Physical committed.
JFH - substitution worked - i would have taken off Henry not the more attack minded Borysiuk.

So - to conclude.
Another point from a losing position, plenty of commitment, players clearly playing for the management.First half pretty hopeless both sides...far too many long balls launched upfield.
But credit where due - the team did wrest control from the home side and only one side was going to win the longer it went on...
Thats about it
Birmingham R - Just back on 23:23 - Sep 27 with 5778 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Thanks for that. Very detailed and informative.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Birmingham R - Just back on 23:27 - Sep 27 with 5758 viewsPunteR

Nice one Birmingham R.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Birmingham R - Just back on 23:44 - Sep 27 with 5687 viewsTacticalR

Listening to the commentary the balls up to Washington sounded a complete dead end.

And nobody expects the red kit

Air hostess clique

Birmingham R - Just back on 23:52 - Sep 27 with 5654 viewsDevonWhite

Just back too. It was ball achingly poor. The most head tennis I've seen in years and very poor quality football throughout. I think I counted seven times where we took a throw in and threw it straight to a Burton player with no QPR player even challenging. On top of that the refereeing was pretty much in keeping with the quality of the football. Non league standard at best.

Unsurprisingly we looked a lot better once Polter game on and gave us some presence up front. Oddly, pumping it long to Washington's head for the first hour had proved fruitless. I know JFH's hands were tied with Sylla being ill and Polter not fit enough to start but christ it was frustrating.

Overall we probably shaded it in terms of chances but neither team really deserved to win. A draw away is never a terrible result but performance wise it was a regression from Sunderland and Birmingham.
Birmingham R - Just back on 06:34 - Sep 28 with 5424 viewsLadbrokeR

Birmingham R - Just back on 23:52 - Sep 27 by DevonWhite

Just back too. It was ball achingly poor. The most head tennis I've seen in years and very poor quality football throughout. I think I counted seven times where we took a throw in and threw it straight to a Burton player with no QPR player even challenging. On top of that the refereeing was pretty much in keeping with the quality of the football. Non league standard at best.

Unsurprisingly we looked a lot better once Polter game on and gave us some presence up front. Oddly, pumping it long to Washington's head for the first hour had proved fruitless. I know JFH's hands were tied with Sylla being ill and Polter not fit enough to start but christ it was frustrating.

Overall we probably shaded it in terms of chances but neither team really deserved to win. A draw away is never a terrible result but performance wise it was a regression from Sunderland and Birmingham.

Birmingham R you're very generous scoring the team an average 6. I would hate to see how bad we have to play to warrant a score of 4. I thought that was bad. The midfield was unbalanced, we have taken to hoofing the ball up the park. I don't think I have ever seen so many back passes to our keeper. We aren't even trying to play to hooped shirts in space. Aside from the fact that we ground out a point I am failing to see positives.
Birmingham R - Just back on 08:52 - Sep 28 with 5104 viewsTheChef

Birmingham R - Just back on 06:34 - Sep 28 by LadbrokeR

Birmingham R you're very generous scoring the team an average 6. I would hate to see how bad we have to play to warrant a score of 4. I thought that was bad. The midfield was unbalanced, we have taken to hoofing the ball up the park. I don't think I have ever seen so many back passes to our keeper. We aren't even trying to play to hooped shirts in space. Aside from the fact that we ground out a point I am failing to see positives.

We didn't lose, that's a positive for me.

Team's confidence still looks fragile after the Newcastle defeat, agreed it wasn't always pretty but we created the better chances and looked better as the game went on.

Give it time.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Birmingham R - Just back on 10:19 - Sep 28 with 4961 viewspaulparker

Sorry but yet again that was a poor team selection from JFH , again Washington up top on his own
Why can't we go for it from the off , why does it take us to go behind or injuries to actually start attacking teams
I wanted JFH to work but let's face it he won't change we won't attack enough and we will always play 4-5-1

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Birmingham R - Just back on 10:22 - Sep 28 with 4950 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Birmingham R - Just back on 10:19 - Sep 28 by paulparker

Sorry but yet again that was a poor team selection from JFH , again Washington up top on his own
Why can't we go for it from the off , why does it take us to go behind or injuries to actually start attacking teams
I wanted JFH to work but let's face it he won't change we won't attack enough and we will always play 4-5-1

Not having a pop, PP, but didn't we only have one striker fit to start?

Not that that would stop us playing balls to channels rather than high balls down their throats, of course...

Login to get fewer ads

Birmingham R - Just back on 10:32 - Sep 28 with 4924 viewsTacticalR

Birmingham R - Just back on 10:22 - Sep 28 by BrianMcCarthy

Not that that would stop us playing balls to channels rather than high balls down their throats, of course...

It's a Catch-22. Sometimes there's no other choice, but the choice you have doesn't work.

Air hostess clique

Birmingham R - Just back on 10:38 - Sep 28 with 4905 viewspaulparker

Birmingham R - Just back on 10:22 - Sep 28 by BrianMcCarthy

Ok fair do's bri but what about the rest of the season and before ?
Why are we putting central midfielders on the wing
None of us expect us to win the league etc but surely we should have seen some progress and improvement in 10 months

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Birmingham R - Just back on 11:14 - Sep 28 with 4802 viewsLadbrokeR

Yes we didn't lose. But we are not playing anything like football. The prefered pattern of play is to knock square balls around play it back to Caulker who trys to play a meaningful long ball or more often back to smithies to kick it out. Alternatively knock it down the channels. I don't expect to see total football ball but that wasn't really progress.
Birmingham R - Just back on 11:18 - Sep 28 with 4772 viewstraininvain

We played open attacking football under Ramsey and look how that worked out.
Birmingham R - Just back on 11:21 - Sep 28 with 4759 viewsHordleHoop

Birmingham R - Just back on 10:38 - Sep 28 by paulparker

None of us expect us to win the league etc but surely we should have seen some progress and improvement in 10 months

In truth, last night we did start quite quickly from the off.
Yes, there are selection issues, we are unbalanced for sure - not all JFH fault in fairness, but merely shuffles the pack, rarely the formation.
Our biggest problem is that we don't retain possession well enough to create pressure.
We play so many long balls from the back, last night must have been a record!
I think Burton are destined for the drop, and on recent displays we are not much better
Birmingham R - Just back on 11:24 - Sep 28 with 4747 viewsdodge_stoke_r

Birmingham R - Just back on 10:32 - Sep 28 by TacticalR

It's a Catch-22. Sometimes there's no other choice, but the choice you have doesn't work.

We may well have had only one fit forward but that just makes last nights tactics even more ridiculous. Theres no point in lumping high ball after high ball up to a 5ft10 Washington fom him to compete against their No 6, Turner who must be easily 6ft4. He never stood a chance. And if from the first minute, it was obvious to everyone in the away end that it wasnt working, why the fcuk were we still playing thoughs balls in the 98th minute. The 2 or 3 times that we got the ball down, played down the flanks and got a ball into the middle, we made a chance. One of which we scored from. One fit striker or not, that is easily up there with some of the worst football that I have seen in 40 odd years of watching the game.
Birmingham R - Just back on 11:29 - Sep 28 with 4726 viewspaulparker

Birmingham R - Just back on 11:21 - Sep 28 by HordleHoop

Yes, there are selection issues, we are unbalanced for sure - not all JFH fault in fairness, but merely shuffles the pack, rarely the formation.
Our biggest problem is that we don't retain possession well enough to create pressure.
I think Burton are destined for the drop, and on recent displays we are not much better

that's the point though we keep persisting with this 1 up top we only change things for injuries and we never seem to be at our opponents from the off (bar leeds)
if we are to play 4-2-3-1 or 4-5-1 then keeping possession is vital , all we seem to do is hoof it straight to the oppo
I wanted JFH here I have supported him but at the moment I wouldn't be to bothered if he left truth be told

Birmingham R - Just back on 11:29 - Sep 28 with 4721 viewsWilloW4

Birmingham R - Just back on 11:21 - Sep 28 by HordleHoop

"We are not much better"... Agree mate. It was a boring game to watch, after a long day and difficult drive up there my mate said.." Not sure I'll bother again for a bit." Another fan said," " can't see this lot getting stuck in to a relegation scrap".. To those that still wax lyrical about JFH etc, maybe watch the matches, it really isn't much cop.
Birmingham R - Just back on 12:58 - Sep 28 with 4530 viewsTheChef

Birmingham R - Just back on 11:29 - Sep 28 by WilloW4

"We are not much better"... Agree mate. It was a boring game to watch, after a long day and difficult drive up there my mate said.." Not sure I'll bother again for a bit." Another fan said," " can't see this lot getting stuck in to a relegation scrap".. To those that still wax lyrical about JFH etc, maybe watch the matches, it really isn't much cop.

This is the Championship - most teams are average, including us. Yes there was some dross but we played some good stuff as well, and as I said we looked better as the game went on.

Washington was the only fit striker we had to start and he tried his best. I don't think JFH instructed the team to pump long balls to him, but we're a team low on confidence and when that happens, sending the ball long is the easiest option. Despite all that we could have been 1-0 up at half time, even before Polter came on and we changed our shape.

Not the first time in recent history we're building a new team, we've got rid of a bunch of overpaid wasters and replaced them with players who may not be so talented (those ones cost more and we can't afford them) but I think for the most part are showing the right application and attitude.

Let's try and be realistic. I don't agree with all of JFH's decisions but you need to give him and the team time.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Birmingham R - Just back on 13:19 - Sep 28 with 4465 viewsTacticalR

Birmingham R - Just back on 11:24 - Sep 28 by dodge_stoke_r

We may well have had only one fit forward but that just makes last nights tactics even more ridiculous. Theres no point in lumping high ball after high ball up to a 5ft10 Washington fom him to compete against their No 6, Turner who must be easily 6ft4. He never stood a chance. And if from the first minute, it was obvious to everyone in the away end that it wasnt working, why the fcuk were we still playing thoughs balls in the 98th minute. The 2 or 3 times that we got the ball down, played down the flanks and got a ball into the middle, we made a chance. One of which we scored from. One fit striker or not, that is easily up there with some of the worst football that I have seen in 40 odd years of watching the game.

All I was saying was that if we know it doesn't work then the powers that be probably know it doesn't work.

Air hostess clique

Birmingham R - Just back on 13:33 - Sep 28 with 4416 viewsCroydonCaptJack

This is actually a good constructive thread with a good detailed debate from people who were there.
Very informative, cheers.
Birmingham R - Just back on 13:37 - Sep 28 with 4394 viewsBakes

No wonder Polter didn't start. State of that foot!

https://mobile.twitter.com/polti1991/status/781096883443929088

With Faith And Courage Comes Glory

Birmingham R - Just back on 16:10 - Sep 28 with 4274 viewsBoston

Birmingham R - Just back on 13:37 - Sep 28 by Bakes

No wonder Polter didn't start. State of that foot!

https://mobile.twitter.com/polti1991/status/781096883443929088

Surprised to see he still had 'em, thought he'd run his feet off!

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Birmingham R - Just back on 16:12 - Sep 28 with 4265 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Birmingham R - Just back on 10:38 - Sep 28 by paulparker

Points taken, PP.

Birmingham R - Just back on 16:18 - Sep 28 with 4238 viewsdodge_stoke_r

Birmingham R - Just back on 13:19 - Sep 28 by TacticalR

All I was saying was that if we know it doesn't work then the powers that be probably know it doesn't work.

So why did the "powers that be" allow it to continue for the nearly 100 minutes and doing nothing to change things around? People travel many miles and spend a lot of money to watch their teams and what was served up last night was shamefully poor.
Birmingham R - Just back on 16:29 - Sep 28 with 4198 viewsTacticalR

Birmingham R - Just back on 16:18 - Sep 28 by dodge_stoke_r

So why did the "powers that be" allow it to continue for the nearly 100 minutes and doing nothing to change things around? People travel many miles and spend a lot of money to watch their teams and what was served up last night was shamefully poor.

I don't know.

Air hostess clique

Birmingham R - Just back on 16:34 - Sep 28 with 4186 viewsBucksRanger

Birmingham R - Just back on 16:18 - Sep 28 by dodge_stoke_r

That is the crux of the matter. The quality of the football served up by QPR is no longer worth the entrance fee.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024