Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hilda Ogden RIP 23:38 - Oct 14 with 2115 viewsTVOS1907

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-37662724

A great character from the days when I used to watch Corrie.
[Post edited 14 Oct 2016 23:38]

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Hilda Ogden RIP on 00:02 - Oct 15 with 2089 viewsSuddenLad

Ta-ra chuck. Stan's waiting......

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Hilda Ogden RIP on 00:06 - Oct 15 with 2079 viewsD_Alien

RIP Hilda

It was when characters such as yours left Corrie that I stopped watching

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Hilda Ogden RIP on 05:37 - Oct 15 with 2025 viewsSandyman

Hilda Ogden RIP on 06:02 - Oct 15 with 2013 viewsfrenzied

Hilda Ogden RIP on 05:37 - Oct 15 by Sandyman

A lovely lady who i was lucky to meet in the mid eighties ..she was struggling to carry some cases into the Midland hotel in Manchester..i gave her a hand..she then invited me in for afternoon tea..very posh for a Salford lad like me,,she was lovely couldn't be more different from her Corrie role..a proper lady.

As for Stan..hes my tiny claim to fame..i used to deliver his morning newspaper when he lived on Bolton Rd in Pendlebury..Daily Express..he was quite a grumpy old soul!!

As a TV partnership..pure gold

RIP CHUCK!!
Hilda Ogden RIP on 09:22 - Oct 15 with 1923 viewselectricblue

Sad news..
Everytime ive ever seen Jean Alexander she as always reminded me of my gran....

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Hilda Ogden RIP on 09:42 - Oct 15 with 1913 viewsBFC1885

Echoing others, she belongs to an era of Corrie when everyone watched, blokes too.
It was a quality watch back then (30ish years ago!!) and it was only on Monday and Wednesday without the endless repeats, proving that less is most definitely more!
I wonder what she (privately) thought of the current version?
Hilda Ogden RIP on 11:48 - Oct 15 with 1831 viewsD_Alien

Hilda Ogden RIP on 09:42 - Oct 15 by BFC1885

Echoing others, she belongs to an era of Corrie when everyone watched, blokes too.
It was a quality watch back then (30ish years ago!!) and it was only on Monday and Wednesday without the endless repeats, proving that less is most definitely more!
I wonder what she (privately) thought of the current version?

Good point about Corrie overkill, quality was bound to suffer. Plus, people don't have that much time these days.

It's great to watch clips from the era when it was a national institution, right back to the early 60s. Yes, a soap opera, but very close to how life was lived on t' back streets of the north of England - the only difference being it almost never showed anyone watching t' telly!

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Hilda Ogden RIP on 13:32 - Oct 15 with 1777 viewspioneer

Hilda Ogden RIP on 11:48 - Oct 15 by D_Alien

Good point about Corrie overkill, quality was bound to suffer. Plus, people don't have that much time these days.

It's great to watch clips from the era when it was a national institution, right back to the early 60s. Yes, a soap opera, but very close to how life was lived on t' back streets of the north of England - the only difference being it almost never showed anyone watching t' telly!

She once came over to the Dale to welcome in the participants in a dale sponsored walk in the 1970s accompanied by Bet Lynch. I think it was in aid of the Jenkins/smith/butler testimonial fund. Someone on hear might have a more accurate recollection.
Login to get fewer ads

Hilda Ogden RIP on 22:55 - Oct 15 with 1690 viewsblackvincent

Couldn't agree more. God bless lass.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024