Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just Home 18:06 - Feb 18 with 4144 viewsBirminghamR

A few initial impressions...
Great day!
Spirit was there in abundance for all to see - big time, no mistaking it... - always there for the second ball, so much running, tackling and covering as if their lives depended on it - special mentions here to Manning (like everywhere), Washington and Freeman...Luongo might have some problems getting back straightaway..Ollie, Bircham and Fleming have spirit just right.....credit them too.
Matt Smith too big and dominant for Bham defence to handle - and this played to Connor Washington strengths.
Best I have seen us play for a long time.
No bad performances mostly 7s and 8s imho.
Manning and Freeman corners good - far better than I saw from Chery.
Furlong v composed at times - efficient
Bidwell - over hit a couple of crosses when in an excellent position - one beautifully retrieved by Connor. Defensively sound and competent.
Lynch and Chief - v solid.
Wsoleck - made gaol 3 with cross on a plate. Worked v hard but so did all
Manning & Freeman - legs and plenty of it. Most energetic midfield pairing I have seen for a long time. Particular mentions to Freemen dribbles and ball carrying....but both excellent. Gave Blues no time at all...in fact whole team gave Bham no time on ball.
Started well and kept it up - looked solid generally even when BCFC had more possession end of first half.
Smithies - new contract celebrated. Best keeper I can recall since ...let me think Seaman (kenny?). No since Seaman. . based on thinking as if I was the centre half - who would I want behind me? One exceptional punch. Oozes confidence.
Sylla - took goal well and credited Pav
Nbakoto - nice free kick, on target...bit of a trash by keeper tbh
Thats it
Sets me up for another year living in the second city - thanks Rs
Just Home on 18:12 - Feb 18 with 4055 viewsRs_Holy

Thanks Birmingham... nice report 👍🏻
Just Home on 18:16 - Feb 18 with 4003 viewsted_hendrix

Good stuff mate and thanks, enjoy the evening.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Just Home on 18:19 - Feb 18 with 3952 viewsPommyhoop

Fu@k yeah ..Sounds lethal
Thanks for the report.

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Just Home on 18:23 - Feb 18 with 3900 viewsDejR_vu

Was wondering how Freeman would do. Great cameo last week and sounds like he carried it on this week. Hope he can maintain it. If so, looks like a fantastic signing.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Just Home on 18:24 - Feb 18 with 3897 viewsenfieldargh

Great to hear and thanks for the update

4-1 again 50 years on

last time Marsh Roger Morgan Saul & Lazaus

this time Smith Washington Sylla Ngbabkoto

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Just Home on 18:33 - Feb 18 with 3809 viewsBirminghamR

Just Home on 18:23 - Feb 18 by DejR_vu

Was wondering how Freeman would do. Great cameo last week and sounds like he carried it on this week. Hope he can maintain it. If so, looks like a fantastic signing.

Yes - v impressed by Freeman. Workrate first class plus creativity. Manning too big callout. Beautiful lob to Pav poss Hall for second half header.,
Just Home on 18:34 - Feb 18 with 3794 viewsBirminghamR

Just Home on 18:16 - Feb 18 by ted_hendrix

Good stuff mate and thanks, enjoy the evening.

Cheers Ted, will do!
Just Home on 18:44 - Feb 18 with 3658 viewsPommyhoop

that was one of the best reports for f..ing ages ..
were we that good Really ?

Login to get fewer ads

Just Home on 18:49 - Feb 18 with 3615 viewsBirminghamR

Just Home on 18:44 - Feb 18 by Pommyhoop

that was one of the best reports for f..ing ages ..
were we that good Really ?

IMHO -yes.
It was the attitude and spirit.
Bham had chances though so defensively we were not faultless.
But for running and tackling and up and at em, this was v good
Just Home on 20:39 - Feb 18 with 3167 viewsSuffolk

I thought luck shone on us today. Not a criticism, we played some very good football and every player gave 100%. Brum dominated the last ten minutes of the first half. The turning point for me was the Washington goal; it broke them really. But who gives a stuff? it was an entertaining game, great effort by our support and a bloody good result.
Just Home on 20:53 - Feb 18 with 3081 viewsHunterhoop

Cheers for the report, Birmingham.

This is what we'd wanted after Redknapp left. We're getting there.

We'll play badly again. We'll lose heavily again. But it won't be for want of trying or lack of effort. I like this squad. I like the players. I like was Les and Ollie are doing in their roles. We're signing the right sorts and we're trying to play in the right way with passion.

We're getting what we want. Let's back it through this year and onwards. Going up in a few years time with the bulk of this squad would surpass either promotion under Warnock or Redknapp. Here's hoping.

A bit of positivity from us all wouldn't go amiss, and might be enjoyable for all of us!
Just Home on 21:10 - Feb 18 with 2985 viewsPommyhoop

F'ck Yeah!
Stick that right up your arse peaky blinders..
Nice report Birmingham R..

Just Home on 10:28 - Feb 19 with 2427 viewsrsonist

The way Freeman and Smith have slotted right in and improved us is quite remarkable work on Ollie's part. Both seem reborn in a matter of weeks - nothing like the players fans of their previous clubs told us about, Freeman in particular is already in the form of his career by the sounds of it. And all for £800k the pair...!
Just Home on 11:29 - Feb 19 with 2336 viewsfrancisbowles

Just Home on 10:28 - Feb 19 by rsonist

The way Freeman and Smith have slotted right in and improved us is quite remarkable work on Ollie's part. Both seem reborn in a matter of weeks - nothing like the players fans of their previous clubs told us about, Freeman in particular is already in the form of his career by the sounds of it. And all for £800k the pair...!

Yes from what I saw last week and what has been said on here an excellent start by both. What is encouraging is that we have multiple options in almost every position now so that keeps those in the team on their toes and if their form dips we have others chomping at the bit to have a go.

Well done Ollie for getting Sylla and Ngbakoto on the scoresheet yesterday. Great for squad morale, making them part of the performance..
Just Home on 11:38 - Feb 19 with 2309 viewsHunterhoop

Just Home on 10:28 - Feb 19 by rsonist

I think this is the power of the internet.

The Fulham fans I know in person, both had good words to say about Smith, admitted they didn't play to his strengths, and were both disappointed they'd let him go.

With Freeman, he was raved about a couple of seasons ago and loved by Bristol City fans. The bloke in front of me at the back of Pu is from Bristol, I believe, and before he came on the other week, he was saying how Freeman is a proper player and very good on the ball, and City fans were disappointed they hadn't resigned/extended his contract. Someone else on here also said very early on that they thought Freeman would be the type of player Rangers fans would like.

From what I'd heard first hand, not read on the internet, i thought both signings were good and would be successful from the off based on career to date.
Just Home on 13:23 - Feb 19 with 2193 viewslondonscottish

Thanks Brum.

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024