Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Premier League Supporting Mates 11:25 - Mar 9 with 3143 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Any else get sick of the patronising chat from the 'supporters' from the Uppers?

'Who is your manager now?'

'What division are you in?'

'I remember Trevor Sinclair's goal, what year was that?'

Usual token questions just before they blather on about themselves and their terrible season finishing 4th or whatever and bemoaning their luck.

Bah. Wouldn't know a balti pie if it hit them and stained their brand new scarf.
Premier League Supporting Mates on 14:09 - Mar 10 with 551 viewsR_from_afar

Great thread.

What really gets my goat is the big celebs who - surprise surprise - invariably support a "big" team. And ram that fact down everyone's throat. Yawn. On the other hand, I have the utmost respect for the celebs who openly admit to supporting a less successful team. Hats off to them.

The bloke with whom I go to most of my QPR games lives in Redditch and has always proudly worn our colours. When we used to play football together in Solihull, he was a legend with the Blues and Villaaaaaah fans. The number of run-ins he has had with the staff of Midlands sports pubs over them claiming to show every Sky football match and then trying to show the rugger/darts/dressage/bake-off rather than QPR v Hard Times FC in League 1!

At my last company, a new person joined as a senior vice president, to run all the company's operations in Europe, Middle, East and Africa. Upon learning that I supported QPR, he said: "I support Manchester United. I used to support QPR".

RFA (to be seen sporting a Rangers top in Slough in broad daylight every Thursday, whilst trying to play like Clint Hill)

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Premier League Supporting Mates on 14:21 - Mar 10 with 530 viewsMeash

So glad it's not just me thinking this.

In this tediously narcissistic period we live in, driven by parasitical social media virgins this is only to get worse I’m afraid. Following Henry Winter on twitter and a 10 minute watch of MOTD of a weekend is enough for these clowns to assume they're an expert.

'God that Kante is immense isn't he’? How much of Kante have you actually seen Adam? Genuinely, have you watched a full live game of his? Oh no you've just seen a 7 second vine retweeted by sport bible.

To be honest at least they try. At least they try to care. Lad at work during the Euros (England v Wales) turns to at around 83 minutes - 'Kane's been useless this half, Roy needs to change it up'. 'That's because he's been off the field since half time Milan, are you feeling alright!?'. Surely that was him dead and buried but no, every week, every day in fact there's a bout of verbal diarrhoea that dispents from his cretinous mouth. Usually something generic he's read on twitter. Give up Milan, try egg chasing, try tennis, something else.

Games gone, someone turn light off on way out.
[Post edited 10 Mar 2017 14:25]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024