Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
No more Sweetmore 19:21 - Mar 21 with 16952 viewsShun

A Sky Sports News exclusive, Dave Sweetmore is set to leave his post at Dale at the end of the season.

The SSN reporter said something along the lines of, 'Sad news for anyone who's been to this ground as Rochdale play the best music in the league.'
[Post edited 21 Mar 2017 22:19]
No more Sweetmore on 06:28 - Apr 11 with 2396 views1mark1

No more Sweetmore on 22:23 - Apr 10 by R17ALE

As much good as Sweetmore has done as tannoyman, it's time for a change in my view. I can't be the only fan who has become immune to a plastic manc shouting; I switch off as soon as he roars into the mic.

He could be shouting, "everybody leave the ground. IS have planted a bomb" and I'd be like shut up, we've won a corner. Nobody listens anymore. We need a new voice!

A new era, a new voice, a new broom is just what the club needs. We've had the new broom on the pitch, in the commercial department, in ground ownership, in the CE.

Why halt the sweeping changes for the better with the bloody tannoyman?

And if matey radio are upset by the change then that's a bonus!

Agree with all that except, why would Matey FM be upset about the change? DS left of his own accord didn't he, and also had an input into his successor, unless they thought Jimmy Wragg was going to become tannoy man.😀

Poll: How much is your support for the Royals?

No more Sweetmore on 09:03 - Apr 11 with 2327 viewsTVOS1907

Got to admit, it will be good to hear a different matchday voice after all these years. What's Dave Fletcher up to now?

Seriously, though, I presume Eden will be well-schooled in tannoyman etiquette and thanking Crewe players for scoring own goals isn't on the curriculum.

And with Rotherham having come down, I'm sure he won't be so disrespectful as to claim they were "footballed to death".

I look forward to seeing what he adds to the matchday experience at the ground when, hopefully, there will be greater numbers to listen to his pearls of wisdom.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

No more Sweetmore on 10:02 - Apr 11 with 2270 viewsD_Alien

Whilst I agree it'll be refreshing to have a new tannoyman, am I the only one who's interested in the message, not the messenger? Keeping it nice and simple should be the key. I'm certainly not looking to be 'entertained' via a crap sound system, merely not irritated

Less is more, and Sweet Nothings is better than Sweetmore

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

No more Sweetmore on 10:08 - Apr 11 with 2260 views100notout

Eden will have a thankless job until the club sort out the cr@p PA system.

Poll: So who do you believe - Hendo or the Board?

No more Sweetmore on 11:46 - Apr 11 with 2179 viewsscarrow

Good luck to Eden, from I can gather a Rochdale fan through and through. I'm sure he'll bring variety and a quieter tannoy!

Poll: Final position

No more Sweetmore on 09:33 - Apr 12 with 2025 viewsDorkingDale

He is one of Paul Bearshaw's sons. Paul has a very distinctive appearance & is well known to anyone in the Pearl Street end or a regular in The Cem. Eden's a great lad with and equally strong personality. Will be great.
No more Sweetmore on 07:17 - Apr 13 with 1862 viewsceme_ender

Have no fear. He might not have left after all. I don't think his running a pub in the lakes has gone to plan and he is now back in the dale/heywood .
No more Sweetmore on 08:38 - Apr 13 with 1783 viewsAtThePeake

No more Sweetmore on 07:17 - Apr 13 by ceme_ender

Have no fear. He might not have left after all. I don't think his running a pub in the lakes has gone to plan and he is now back in the dale/heywood .

Not sure what you mean by "have no fear". The last couple of pages on this post seem to show nothing but people welcoming the change and excited to see a new face in the role.

Tangled up in blue.

Login to get fewer ads

No more Sweetmore on 09:40 - Apr 13 with 1723 viewsD_Alien

No more Sweetmore on 08:38 - Apr 13 by AtThePeake

Not sure what you mean by "have no fear". The last couple of pages on this post seem to show nothing but people welcoming the change and excited to see a new face in the role.

Absolutely ATP

There can't be any question of Eden not taking up his post after being so publicly welcomed by RG on behalf of the club, and fans alike

No more Sweetmore on 09:52 - Apr 13 with 1704 viewsnordenblue

No more Sweetmore on 08:38 - Apr 13 by AtThePeake

There might not be a new face in the role....
No more Sweetmore on 09:58 - Apr 13 with 1695 viewsD_Alien

No more Sweetmore on 09:52 - Apr 13 by nordenblue

There might not be a new face in the role....

There's every reason to believe that Russ Green & Chris Dunphy are honourable people

Eden's publicly heralded recruitment must be honoured

No more Sweetmore on 10:46 - Apr 13 with 1642 viewsnordenblue

No more Sweetmore on 09:58 - Apr 13 by D_Alien

There's every reason to believe that Russ Green & Chris Dunphy are honourable people

Eden's publicly heralded recruitment must be honoured

Don't shoot the messenger.... I totally agree with you but it appears alls not what it seems...
(No subject) (n/t) on 11:10 - Apr 13 with 1594 viewsShun

No more Sweetmore on 10:46 - Apr 13 by nordenblue

Don't shoot the messenger.... I totally agree with you but it appears alls not what it seems...

No more Sweetmore on 11:28 - Apr 13 with 1566 viewsShun

How so?
No more Sweetmore on 12:18 - Apr 13 with 1510 viewsD_Alien

It wasn't aimed at you, nb although I'd responded to your post

More of a general observation, and I'm aware that all isn't as it seems

What is plain as anything is the club have publicly committed to Eden and that commitment should be honoured

(No subject) (n/t) on 13:56 - May 3 with 1115 viewskel

(No subject) (n/t) on 17:08 - Apr 7 by kel

Wait till some find out which pub he drinks in

Top chap is Eden, good luck to him.

Just sayin'...
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024