Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bloody hell - Wolves apparently bid £30m + for Milan striker 19:26 - Jan 9 with 5934 viewsNW10Hoop

It would be funny if they didn’t go up wouldn’t it?
Bloody hell - Wolves apparently bid £30m + for Milan striker on 13:22 - Jan 10 with 5408 viewsMick_S

Yes it would - they're not really that good.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Bloody hell - Wolves apparently bid £30m + for Milan striker on 13:34 - Jan 10 with 5361 viewsTGRRRSSS

So even more flagrantly than us breaking the rules of FFP - even if it's changed.

Still don't get how we can be punished after they changed the rules.

If you committed a murder you committed in 1955 today you wouldnt be subject to the death sentence.

Still dont see how we lost our case. If it was me I'd have them go for all and sundry and go for EFL with everything and tie litigation for years.

Love to know how this works with Wolves.
Bloody hell - Wolves apparently bid £30m + for Milan striker on 13:41 - Jan 10 with 5334 viewsSimonJames

I guess at 14 points clear of 3rd place they're determined to go all out to get their snouts in the Premiership money trough.

And if they got promoted they would probably end up having to buy better players anyway so why not get one or two bedded in now.

And they will likely be the only team from the Birmingham area in the Premiership next year, so that might also boost revenues.

100% of people who drink water will die.

Bloody hell - Wolves apparently bid £30m + for Milan striker on 13:43 - Jan 10 with 5326 viewsTacticalR

Bloody hell - Wolves apparently bid £30m + for Milan striker on 13:22 - Jan 10 by Mick_S

Yes it would - they're not really that good.

I am curious how you have come to that conclusion, as at the moment Wolves are 12 points ahead of their nearest rivals, have scored more goals than any other team in the division and conceded less goals than any other team in the division. Just asking.

Air hostess clique

Bloody hell - Wolves apparently bid £30m + for Milan striker on 13:47 - Jan 10 with 5310 viewsMick_S

Bloody hell - Wolves apparently bid £30m + for Milan striker on 13:43 - Jan 10 by TacticalR

I am curious how you have come to that conclusion, as at the moment Wolves are 12 points ahead of their nearest rivals, have scored more goals than any other team in the division and conceded less goals than any other team in the division. Just asking.

Because I don't know much about football.
I've seen them a few times on tv and just haven't been as impressed as perhaps maybe I should be - can't question their position!
[Post edited 10 Jan 2018 13:48]

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Bloody hell - Wolves apparently bid £30m + for Milan striker on 13:50 - Jan 10 with 5295 viewsNorthernr

Bloody hell - Wolves apparently bid £30m + for Milan striker on 13:43 - Jan 10 by TacticalR

Team that lost to us can't be that good can it?

Every deal like this is bad news for us. It further inflates the market for players, particularly strikers, at our level. Selling clubs will want the going rate, which at the moment for a proven Championship striker is about £8m thanks to Newcastle and Villa coming into the league and being daft, and now Wolves.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Bloody hell - Wolves apparently bid £30m + for Milan striker on 13:51 - Jan 10 with 5285 viewsTacticalR

Bloody hell - Wolves apparently bid £30m + for Milan striker on 13:47 - Jan 10 by Mick_S

Because I don't know much about football.
I've seen them a few times on tv and just haven't been as impressed as perhaps maybe I should be - can't question their position!
[Post edited 10 Jan 2018 13:48]

OK, and we did blow them out of the water at HQ.

Air hostess clique

Bloody hell - Wolves apparently bid £30m + for Milan striker on 14:05 - Jan 10 with 5227 viewsdaveB

Bloody hell - Wolves apparently bid £30m + for Milan striker on 13:34 - Jan 10 by TGRRRSSS

So even more flagrantly than us breaking the rules of FFP - even if it's changed.

Still don't get how we can be punished after they changed the rules.

If you committed a murder you committed in 1955 today you wouldnt be subject to the death sentence.

Still dont see how we lost our case. If it was me I'd have them go for all and sundry and go for EFL with everything and tie litigation for years.

Love to know how this works with Wolves.

We lost our case as we broke the rules, Wolves will get a fine as well but rather than contest it they'll just pay it as Bournemouth and Leicester did
Login to get fewer ads

Bloody hell - Wolves apparently bid £30m + for Milan striker on 15:40 - Jan 10 with 5038 viewsTheChef

Wigan also have a Chinese takeover going through at the moment. They look likely to get promotion, mate at work says they will have £50 million to invest in new players next season.

Shall we have done with it and rebrand the Championship as Premier League 2? Only a matter of time...

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Bloody hell - Wolves apparently bid £30m + for Milan striker on 18:10 - Jan 10 with 4802 viewsJuzzie

Current capacity is 31,700. Even if they fill it all season I'm not sure that's enough income to justify a player purchase of £30m+ and with agents fees, signing on fees and salary on top.

The authorities are wising up on tactics such as the owners sponsoring the cleaning cupboard for £25m a season so I cannot see how this could pass FFP? Unless Wolves plan on never getting relegated from the PL should they go up .....

[Post edited 10 Jan 2018 18:11]
Bloody hell - Wolves apparently bid £30m + for Milan striker on 18:16 - Jan 10 with 4776 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

I’m hoping at some point we’re going to be the only team in the football league not subject to a FFP transfer embargo, and we’re going be signing a proper top class Championship XI from teams like Wolves for the price of a Balti pie.
Bloody hell - Wolves apparently bid £30m + for Milan striker on 18:42 - Jan 10 with 4721 viewsaston_hoop

They signed a striker from Valencia the other week too...that goes alongside that Bonatini fella who is scoring goals and all those Portuguese blokes who seem too good for this league. They got anyone they don't need? they don't need the money so they might as well let us have them for free and keep paying the wages. fairs fair aint it.

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Bloody hell - Wolves apparently bid £30m + for Milan striker on 19:27 - Jan 10 with 4644 viewsHayesender

And on the same day Hartlepool need to find £200,000 to avoid going into administration.

That's less than the weekly wage of Paul Pogba. Obscene

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Bloody hell - Wolves apparently bid £30m + for Milan striker on 19:47 - Jan 10 with 4611 viewsPunteR

Im a bit slow on the up keep but how have they gone from Kenny Jacket turfing out karl Henry and playing in L1 to now signing £30 mill players and looking at promotion back to the premier league..?
[Post edited 10 Jan 2018 19:51]

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Bloody hell - Wolves apparently bid £30m + for Milan striker on 19:48 - Jan 10 with 4608 viewsTripleR

Would the FFP rules only come in to effect if either, Wolves don't get promoted (unlikely) or if they get relegated back to the Championship (likely). I'm not sure how all this nonsense works.
Bloody hell - Wolves apparently bid £30m + for Milan striker on 07:09 - Jan 11 with 4345 viewsdistortR

Bloody hell - Wolves apparently bid £30m + for Milan striker on 15:40 - Jan 10 by TheChef

Wigan also have a Chinese takeover going through at the moment. They look likely to get promotion, mate at work says they will have £50 million to invest in new players next season.

Shall we have done with it and rebrand the Championship as Premier League 2? Only a matter of time...

If they do that and don't go up, they'll be in the ffp mire.

Same with Barnsley.

Unless they know of a loophole?
Bloody hell - Wolves apparently bid £30m + for Milan striker on 07:59 - Jan 11 with 4314 viewsTheChef

Bloody hell - Wolves apparently bid £30m + for Milan striker on 07:09 - Jan 11 by distortR

If they do that and don't go up, they'll be in the ffp mire.

Same with Barnsley.

Unless they know of a loophole?

Well you'd hope they've done their homework and are aware of the rules.

Apparently ex Man City CEO Garry Cook is involved with the takeover - in which case, probably not.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Bloody hell - Wolves apparently bid £30m + for Milan striker on 14:20 - Jan 11 with 4108 viewspaesanu

Wolves, the PSG of the Championship.

Poll: If you see someone filming their partner driving at 160mph.. would you

Bloody hell - Wolves apparently bid £30m + for Milan striker on 15:29 - Jan 11 with 4032 viewspaulparker

I thought they were after Robbie Keane

TBF I couldn't care less about Wolves, all that's going to happen is they will sell these "star" players off to Liverpool, Spurs and Everton over the coming seasons
by big and sell bigger that's all they are doing, after all that's what agents are about

im just happy that Brum , Sheff wed and hopefully VIlla are not going up and accruing FFP fines

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Bloody hell - Wolves apparently bid £30m + for Milan striker on 16:37 - Jan 11 with 3961 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Bloody hell - Wolves apparently bid £30m + for Milan striker on 15:29 - Jan 11 by paulparker

I thought they were after Robbie Keane

TBF I couldn't care less about Wolves, all that's going to happen is they will sell these "star" players off to Liverpool, Spurs and Everton over the coming seasons
by big and sell bigger that's all they are doing, after all that's what agents are about

im just happy that Brum , Sheff wed and hopefully VIlla are not going up and accruing FFP fines

I would imagine Sheff Wed are potentially in all sorts of trouble with FFP now.
Also, they are more likely to go down than up this year by the looks of them
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024