Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is the Great Escape now on? 10:41 - Feb 7 with 1655 viewsBigKindo

In beating Wimbledon last night Bury brought us back to 9 points behind the Dons with three games in hand and a match to come with them at home on March 17th. Another cup final on Saturday. If we beat Fleetwood we are 8 points behind them with three games in hand. Better points on the board than games in hand but .......
Is the Great Escape now on? on 10:49 - Feb 7 with 1617 viewsDaleiLama

Playing like we can, we have shown we are a borderline play-off team. We lost three great players and didn't replace them like-for-like, but we have tweaked things again in the window and no one really knows if that will be enough.

For me, in that system, we only had one new player in last night (not counting Matty Done as "new") so why can't we go on a run now the confidence is back?

The key, as others have alluded to on the turning a corner thread, is the strength in depth of the squad. There will have to be rotation with all the fixtures we have due to fatigue and inevitable injuries. I like our chances better now that we "have our minds right" though. As long as that doesn't change, I think we have turned a corner.

Tweaking Winston's speech a little:

We shall go on to the end, we shall fight with growing confidence and growing strength, we shall defend our stadium, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the beaches; we shall never surrender

[Post edited 7 Feb 2018 10:57]

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Is the Great Escape now on? on 11:47 - Feb 7 with 1464 viewsRooleyblue

I think if we carry on playing Cannon, Camps and Kitchen in midfield we have a chance. Let's hope we can keep them injury free and Keith keeps picking them.
Is the Great Escape now on? on 12:07 - Feb 7 with 1395 viewsNigeriamark

Other than teams who really bomb out, most teams have a purple patch even if it is just 5 or 6 games. We haven't had that yet and a spell of 10 points out of 15 wouldn't pull us out of the bottom 4 but would put is back in the mix. Also there are likely to be 1 or 2 teams in the bottom 8 or so who will have a spell like ours and get 2 or 3 points out of 15

In our hands still and at least we are getting some momentum
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024