Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Genuine Question About The Board... 05:00 - Aug 12 with 4754 viewsSwan91

If we sign a couple of good loans and keep bringing in cheap players (mainly young).... do well in the league (promotion of close to it) whilst playing good football that resembles the old "Swansea Way" like we have in the first 2 games....... Would you still want the Americans and HJ gone????

genuinely interested in having a discussion about this (hopefully one without childish behaviour).

I honestly am not that much of a fan of the board... I appreciate what HJ did for the club before.... but also realise he majorly messed it up post Laudrup. Now there is a whole costcutting and pretty much a big reset happening this season. I will always have the annoyance of what happened for the past 4 seasons... but at the same time.. this season has made me excited about the club and the team again... and I genuinely feel happy and excited when seeing the team play so far this season.

Pros - We have got rid of nearly all of the mercenary type players who were on big wages. This I think has been the best move by us.. not afraid to get rid of anyone who doesn't have the attitude to play for us.

We have also mixed in youth in the first team. I feel this might give us more loyal players in the first team. Players who have been here since young, are used to the old way of how we liked to play and have a connection to the team.

Manager - Have to say GP has had a great start.. him and his team have brought great players in (who don't really look like the mercenary type). And he is getting us to play good football again. And the fact that GP and hist team have a bigger part in recruiting players this window is a big plus.

Cons - We are pretty light with players...this is very dangerous but could all be solved with 2 loan signings.

what are your thoughts??
Genuine Question About The Board... on 06:38 - Aug 12 with 3466 viewsE20Jack

Nice post.

Would be nice if all opinions are allowed and for it ro be a productive discussion for a change - so I echo your sentiments and hope people be respectful here as after every match it turns into a bitchfest which is dull in the extreme (will be interesting to see who turns it that way if it does).

So that said, here is my view.

You always have to look at the current situation and the likely alternative. We have been crying out for a return to our old ways for years. It has finally happened with the ethos of old, in terms of BOTH transfers and style. We have to remember that in the year we went up our most expensive signing was Scott Sinclair at 550k (that fee went up to 1.5m on promotion) and our record transfer prior to that was Craig Beattie at 1.9m - to my memory, our only 1m+ signing prior to promotion to the PL.

So the on field feel good factor is back and the off field transfer policy of prudency is back (something we used to pride ourselves on). We have never been big spenders traditionally, and I don't think our stint in the PL should now contribute to changing that, especially as we are clearly getting back to refreshing basics.

So what is the likely alternative? Likely, being the key word. For me the Americans would go with Pearlman plus an advisor (Landon Donovan type) and our future, which includes style and ethos, would be in their hands. Who would be comfortable with that? honestly now.

I realise Jenkins made huge errors regarding the takeover and I won't ever fully forgive him for that, but he is also clearly our best realistic option. To want him out would be cutting off our nose to spite our face. We have made the climb to the PL once since its inception, playing our own brand of football and spending remarkably low amounts. The man who masterminded that is also currently there doing something similar so far this season and we have all noted the return to old ways.

So why change it? To me it is a view of revenge rather than what is best for our club. Something that has hampered us for a long time.

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

Genuine Question About The Board... on 07:21 - Aug 12 with 3423 viewsjack247

I also think that’s a good, balanced post. I think you’ve undercooked the cons. We’ve had 2 great wins, but that squad is paper thin. I’m not convinced 2 loan signings is enough to get us through to Christmas.

As for Jenkins and the Americans, I’d want the Americans out as quickly as possible. We have regressed under their watch, they have failed. Unless they are willing to cut their losses (which seems unlikely) though, I can’t see them getting anywhere near what they would want for the club. They are in a classic catch 22, the club isn’t worth what they need it to be outside the Premier League, they haven’t got either the capacity or the inclination (or both) to give it much chance of getting back there.

Jenkins is a difficult one as he has a track record of spectacular success and spectacular failure. He seems to have found a diamond in Potter, but he’s a diamond who is going to have to fight with one arm tied behind his back. Imagine Jenkins had been able to convince the Americans to sign him, or someone of his ilk instead of Bradley, or even to have got rid of Clement earlier and brought someone like that in. Putting grudges aside (not to say those grudges aren’t valid), I just wouldn’t trust the Americans to appoint anyone better, particularly as we are a far less attractive proposition now, so I’d keep him almost by default. If and when we get new owners, I’d hope they come with their own ideas in that department.
Genuine Question About The Board... on 07:21 - Aug 12 with 3423 viewsSwan91

Genuine Question About The Board... on 06:38 - Aug 12 by E20Jack

Nice post.

Would be nice if all opinions are allowed and for it ro be a productive discussion for a change - so I echo your sentiments and hope people be respectful here as after every match it turns into a bitchfest which is dull in the extreme (will be interesting to see who turns it that way if it does).

So that said, here is my view.

You always have to look at the current situation and the likely alternative. We have been crying out for a return to our old ways for years. It has finally happened with the ethos of old, in terms of BOTH transfers and style. We have to remember that in the year we went up our most expensive signing was Scott Sinclair at 550k (that fee went up to 1.5m on promotion) and our record transfer prior to that was Craig Beattie at 1.9m - to my memory, our only 1m+ signing prior to promotion to the PL.

So the on field feel good factor is back and the off field transfer policy of prudency is back (something we used to pride ourselves on). We have never been big spenders traditionally, and I don't think our stint in the PL should now contribute to changing that, especially as we are clearly getting back to refreshing basics.

So what is the likely alternative? Likely, being the key word. For me the Americans would go with Pearlman plus an advisor (Landon Donovan type) and our future, which includes style and ethos, would be in their hands. Who would be comfortable with that? honestly now.

I realise Jenkins made huge errors regarding the takeover and I won't ever fully forgive him for that, but he is also clearly our best realistic option. To want him out would be cutting off our nose to spite our face. We have made the climb to the PL once since its inception, playing our own brand of football and spending remarkably low amounts. The man who masterminded that is also currently there doing something similar so far this season and we have all noted the return to old ways.

So why change it? To me it is a view of revenge rather than what is best for our club. Something that has hampered us for a long time.

Agree with multiple points there..our first season when we were in the PL we bought Graham for 3million (if I remember correctly) and I believe he was our record transfer at the time.

I actually like the way we have done business (not totally though.. still think we are very short of depth... so should bring in more loans.

Yeah that could be an alternative.... I wonder if they would ever consider having Alan Curtis as like lead adviser with Pealman being the business part of it. That way they would have someone who know how we want to play, is popular with fans so would probably help mend everything that has happened with the Americans.

My worry is that if they replace HJ with someone like Landon donovan we could have another bob bradley scenerio again... that's why they need to keep someone who has history with the club (I believe anyway).

I do understand many peoples anger though... seeing someone who they felt sold out to americans for money and with no interest in the club. And then staying in the big role with a salaary would annoy many people.
Genuine Question About The Board... on 07:30 - Aug 12 with 3403 viewsSwan91

Genuine Question About The Board... on 07:21 - Aug 12 by jack247

I also think that’s a good, balanced post. I think you’ve undercooked the cons. We’ve had 2 great wins, but that squad is paper thin. I’m not convinced 2 loan signings is enough to get us through to Christmas.

As for Jenkins and the Americans, I’d want the Americans out as quickly as possible. We have regressed under their watch, they have failed. Unless they are willing to cut their losses (which seems unlikely) though, I can’t see them getting anywhere near what they would want for the club. They are in a classic catch 22, the club isn’t worth what they need it to be outside the Premier League, they haven’t got either the capacity or the inclination (or both) to give it much chance of getting back there.

Jenkins is a difficult one as he has a track record of spectacular success and spectacular failure. He seems to have found a diamond in Potter, but he’s a diamond who is going to have to fight with one arm tied behind his back. Imagine Jenkins had been able to convince the Americans to sign him, or someone of his ilk instead of Bradley, or even to have got rid of Clement earlier and brought someone like that in. Putting grudges aside (not to say those grudges aren’t valid), I just wouldn’t trust the Americans to appoint anyone better, particularly as we are a far less attractive proposition now, so I’d keep him almost by default. If and when we get new owners, I’d hope they come with their own ideas in that department.

Yeah with the cons I couldn't really think that much at the moment... so I am more than willing to listen if other posters want to add to the cons list (in a balanced way.. not just saying HJ screwed us over).

I think 2 would personally.... because we still have bony injured but can come back.. so if we sign another striker.. that would leave us with 3 strikers for 1 position.. and if it gets really bad with injuries we also have Asoro who can play as striker (with one of our 8 wingers to come into the squad as a winger instead).

Midfield...we have caroll, fer, fulton, dhanda, celina, grimes... that's 6 players for 3 cm positions... I think that is more than enough... and if they all keep playing like they have the first 2 games then I believe that is enough quality to do well in the championship.

my second loan signing would be a CB. I know it's early doors but if Rodon can play like he did against PNE then he could be in contention for starting and doing well. So we can have VDH, Rodon, Loan signing... and have a player like Naughton or Declan John come in if we are in a dire situation..

I guess the big problem about the americans is that there are so many investors.. something like 22??? so if the americans wanted out.. how would that work with all the other investors.. and is it possible to buy them back out in the future?? just exactly where did the money the americans used for their shares go?
Genuine Question About The Board... on 07:35 - Aug 12 with 3382 viewsE20Jack

Genuine Question About The Board... on 07:21 - Aug 12 by jack247

I don’t happen to think the Americans are bad owners really. They have made a few mistakes but in the grand scheme of things it could be far worse. The reaction to relegation could have been to saddle the club with huge debts in an attempt to go back up. Yet they have done the sensible thing for both them and the short and long term health of the club.

As I said before. It’s not really these owners we have to be that concerned about, they are the first link in the ownership chain. They have clearly seen value in the stadium deal and subsequebt naming rights and think that this could improve the modest value price they purchased at and can sell for a profit (as long as we are a PL club of course), so their plan is relatively clear.

What about the owners after that? They may see value in the commercial side of things and improve that as a way of increasing the value of the club and sell it on.

However there comes a point where the value of the club can not be improved and flipped anymore with all avenues of improvement exhausted. What happens then? The only value may be what’s left in that club and the payments it recieves from broadcasting deals etc.

Each link down the chain we go, the more risky the transaction and lower % chance of growth. Which of course lowest the chance of desirable candidates that have their mission aligned with ours as fans.

Long term speaking. The only way we are ever going to be truly safe is if we can acquire a majority share of this club. So who owns it now shouldn’t really be a concern in my view. Sometimes it is better the devil you know and certainly be careful what you wish for. People really need to take stock of that.

Genuine Question About The Board... on 07:40 - Aug 12 with 3372 viewsangryjack

Genuine Question About The Board... on 07:30 - Aug 12 by Swan91

Yeah with the cons I couldn't really think that much at the moment... so I am more than willing to listen if other posters want to add to the cons list (in a balanced way.. not just saying HJ screwed us over).

I think 2 would personally.... because we still have bony injured but can come back.. so if we sign another striker.. that would leave us with 3 strikers for 1 position.. and if it gets really bad with injuries we also have Asoro who can play as striker (with one of our 8 wingers to come into the squad as a winger instead).

Midfield...we have caroll, fer, fulton, dhanda, celina, grimes... that's 6 players for 3 cm positions... I think that is more than enough... and if they all keep playing like they have the first 2 games then I believe that is enough quality to do well in the championship.

my second loan signing would be a CB. I know it's early doors but if Rodon can play like he did against PNE then he could be in contention for starting and doing well. So we can have VDH, Rodon, Loan signing... and have a player like Naughton or Declan John come in if we are in a dire situation..

I guess the big problem about the americans is that there are so many investors.. something like 22??? so if the americans wanted out.. how would that work with all the other investors.. and is it possible to buy them back out in the future?? just exactly where did the money the americans used for their shares go?

We need a few more than two,,you got to remember that the championship is tough and the games come quick and fast with two games a week a lot of the time,it's inevitable that we going to pick up injuries and suspensions so I would say we need another 2 centre halves a defensive midfielder maybe two and definitely at least one forward to have a solid squad for a gruelling season if not we will struggle come mid season we will drop like a stone,,even if we don't pick up injuries these young players need rest time throughout the season otherwise we will burn them out and fatigue will kick in...do to your answer I think 2 is not enough atvall
Genuine Question About The Board... on 07:42 - Aug 12 with 3370 viewsSwan91

Genuine Question About The Board... on 07:35 - Aug 12 by E20Jack

I don’t happen to think the Americans are bad owners really. They have made a few mistakes but in the grand scheme of things it could be far worse. The reaction to relegation could have been to saddle the club with huge debts in an attempt to go back up. Yet they have done the sensible thing for both them and the short and long term health of the club.

As I said before. It’s not really these owners we have to be that concerned about, they are the first link in the ownership chain. They have clearly seen value in the stadium deal and subsequebt naming rights and think that this could improve the modest value price they purchased at and can sell for a profit (as long as we are a PL club of course), so their plan is relatively clear.

What about the owners after that? They may see value in the commercial side of things and improve that as a way of increasing the value of the club and sell it on.

However there comes a point where the value of the club can not be improved and flipped anymore with all avenues of improvement exhausted. What happens then? The only value may be what’s left in that club and the payments it recieves from broadcasting deals etc.

Each link down the chain we go, the more risky the transaction and lower % chance of growth. Which of course lowest the chance of desirable candidates that have their mission aligned with ours as fans.

Long term speaking. The only way we are ever going to be truly safe is if we can acquire a majority share of this club. So who owns it now shouldn’t really be a concern in my view. Sometimes it is better the devil you know and certainly be careful what you wish for. People really need to take stock of that.

I think the main problem with the americans is the expectations were high when they came in... saying this whole next level... money being put in the club... but essentially it looks like they really haven't put much into the club at all... and we were relegated and a large amount of our players sold... felt like stripping the club a bit (I know it's not just that... we do need to be costcutting now.. pros and cons)

this does feel like it could go any way... the club moving from owner to new owners... like you said trying to make as much profit from our club then moving on.. we don't have this big chairman with lot's of money controlling things... we have business people who want to try and make a big return on their shares then move on I believe.
Genuine Question About The Board... on 07:51 - Aug 12 with 3339 viewsE20Jack

Genuine Question About The Board... on 07:42 - Aug 12 by Swan91

I think the main problem with the americans is the expectations were high when they came in... saying this whole next level... money being put in the club... but essentially it looks like they really haven't put much into the club at all... and we were relegated and a large amount of our players sold... felt like stripping the club a bit (I know it's not just that... we do need to be costcutting now.. pros and cons)

this does feel like it could go any way... the club moving from owner to new owners... like you said trying to make as much profit from our club then moving on.. we don't have this big chairman with lot's of money controlling things... we have business people who want to try and make a big return on their shares then move on I believe.

DId they say either of those things though! I don’t personally think they did.

The next level stuff came from HJ and it was noted at the time that in context it was financially speaking. Our commercial department was at the time woeful (granted don’t think it has improved at all since) and we were not getting good returns outside of the football related stuff, especially the stadium.

As it was, we were unsustainable. It was any season before it would come crashing down. They needed to offload to owners with the potential to grow the club and increase its earning power. Absolutely there was also the very real prospect they would lose a huge personal windfall if it did come crashing down prior to the sale. So they sold.

The Americans putting their own money in was never on the table, nor should we have ever wanted it. It means that the Trusts shares get diluted/club gets saddled with debt. I would say those that expected a spending frenzy at the hands of the Americans probably didn’t quite understand the situation, so it is a little unfair to judge the Americans on the back of what really was never said.

They absolutely underestimated the task however and their appointment of Bradley underlined just how much. But as I said, better the devil you know. I have no complaints how they have handled affairs since relegation. Slashing of costs, appointing an excellent managerial team, signing good hundry young technically gifted players and refusing to be bullied by other teams we want players from. Te fees they received were disappointing but they clearly had a plan and stuck to it, those players were not wanted and some were corrosive to the club. A clearout was needed.

Login to get fewer ads

Genuine Question About The Board... on 07:54 - Aug 12 with 3340 viewsSwan91

Genuine Question About The Board... on 07:40 - Aug 12 by angryjack

We need a few more than two,,you got to remember that the championship is tough and the games come quick and fast with two games a week a lot of the time,it's inevitable that we going to pick up injuries and suspensions so I would say we need another 2 centre halves a defensive midfielder maybe two and definitely at least one forward to have a solid squad for a gruelling season if not we will struggle come mid season we will drop like a stone,,even if we don't pick up injuries these young players need rest time throughout the season otherwise we will burn them out and fatigue will kick in...do to your answer I think 2 is not enough atvall

My main thing with that is we have nearly 2 players for every 1 position...

--------------------------Nordvelt/Mulder-------
roberts/naughton-------VDH-------Rodon------------Olsson/Declan John
-----------Fulton/caroll----Dhanda/celina--------Fer/Grimes
Asoro/Dyer-------------------------------------------Mackay/Montero
---------------------------Mcburnie/Bony(when fit)

that still leaves us with Narsingh, Routledge, Dan James, 2 loan signings

looking at that I can see CB definitely needs addition.. and striker...

that would be 2 players for every position (11 first team, 7 substitutes) and another 6 or 7 players who won't make the subs bench and would only be used if injuries happen.

last time we were in the championship I think our team numbers were similar to how this would be if we added 2 more loan signings... The only time I remember us having bigger was our european cup season.
Genuine Question About The Board... on 07:57 - Aug 12 with 3327 viewsE20Jack

Genuine Question About The Board... on 07:54 - Aug 12 by Swan91

that would be 2 players for every position (11 first team, 7 substitutes) and another 6 or 7 players who won't make the subs bench and would only be used if injuries happen.

last time we were in the championship I think our team numbers were similar to how this would be if we added 2 more loan signings... The only time I remember us having bigger was our european cup season.

Cant argue with that.

Genuine Question About The Board... on 07:58 - Aug 12 with 3336 viewsjack247

Genuine Question About The Board... on 07:35 - Aug 12 by E20Jack

‘They have made a few mistakes’ is a bit of an understatement

Bob Bradley
Signing/allowing Jenkins to sign the likes of Borja, Andre, Tabannou, Clucas, Bony for the prices we paid for them
Not getting Rodgers back when it seemed there was a good chance (I’ll admit I was happy with Guidolin at the time). They shafted him anyway.
Having no plan in place for relegation and having to resort to a firesale, even though we’d been circling the plug hole for 2 seasons.

Running the club within it’s means is the right thing, but if you’re not going to invest, you can’t afford to be so wasteful in the transfer market.
Genuine Question About The Board... on 08:03 - Aug 12 with 3316 viewsangryjack

Genuine Question About The Board... on 07:54 - Aug 12 by Swan91

Looking at that for a start,naughton can't be seen as genuine cover as a cntre half,,he did ok in a 3 last year but he not a centre half so we need 2 there for cover for each one,,also we got to be looking at a slightly better quality of player than Grimes for cover if we want improve so we got Fulton Carroll and fer as our defensive midfielders there so we need at least another one with dhanda and Celina as possible number 10 s as for bony you say when fit so when is that then,, IMO he's finished if Ollie gets injured tommorow in training you think we don't need another forward,,,so as I said 2nowhere near enough,also narsingh will prob be gone by end of European window
[Post edited 12 Aug 2018 8:05]
Genuine Question About The Board... on 08:04 - Aug 12 with 3315 viewsSwan91

Genuine Question About The Board... on 07:58 - Aug 12 by jack247

‘They have made a few mistakes’ is a bit of an understatement

Bob Bradley
Signing/allowing Jenkins to sign the likes of Borja, Andre, Tabannou, Clucas, Bony for the prices we paid for them
Not getting Rodgers back when it seemed there was a good chance (I’ll admit I was happy with Guidolin at the time). They shafted him anyway.
Having no plan in place for relegation and having to resort to a firesale, even though we’d been circling the plug hole for 2 seasons.

Running the club within it’s means is the right thing, but if you’re not going to invest, you can’t afford to be so wasteful in the transfer market.

Yeah I think the transfers the past 3-4 seasons have been so off the ball... and the addition of Bob Bradley who has probably been our worst managerial appointment in the past 10 or 12 years.

I also agree it was more than just a few mistakes haha.
Genuine Question About The Board... on 08:19 - Aug 12 with 3259 viewsawayjack

Jenkins has to go in any scenario. Donating some of his gains or shares to the Trust would be a good gesture but he'd still have to go but with some degree of integrity. The Yanks would need to positively resolve the issue with fans /trust (so that's £20m+ for their shares) and actually do something positive financially as original promised, and not continue to be a drain on resources. As both involve lots of money it's unlikely to happen.
Genuine Question About The Board... on 08:22 - Aug 12 with 3245 viewsjackal

We are all glad to see young players, especially local lads, coming along.

But we must get experienced Championship players in.

Yesterday, I thought Preston were poor. But they had us on the ropes for the last 20 or so minutes. Leroy brought some stability when it was most needed,

We have 19 days to bring in 4/5 players. If we can we will be challenging for promotion. But my faith in the board is not great. We are desperate and anyone doing business with us knows it.
Genuine Question About The Board... on 08:28 - Aug 12 with 3222 viewsDr_Winston

Jenkins needs to go regardless. His presence (and a couple of others) are an open sore that will never heal whilst they're still here, regardless of his repeated failures in the job since 2015.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Genuine Question About The Board... on 08:32 - Aug 12 with 3214 viewsSwan91

Genuine Question About The Board... on 08:03 - Aug 12 by angryjack

Looking at that for a start,naughton can't be seen as genuine cover as a cntre half,,he did ok in a 3 last year but he not a centre half so we need 2 there for cover for each one,,also we got to be looking at a slightly better quality of player than Grimes for cover if we want improve so we got Fulton Carroll and fer as our defensive midfielders there so we need at least another one with dhanda and Celina as possible number 10 s as for bony you say when fit so when is that then,, IMO he's finished if Ollie gets injured tommorow in training you think we don't need another forward,,,so as I said 2nowhere near enough,also narsingh will prob be gone by end of European window
[Post edited 12 Aug 2018 8:05]

about grimes as cover... if we were in the PL I would agree with you... but looking at grimes being featured in pre season and even coming on as a sub against PNE (instead of Dhanda, and wingers)... I think that GP rates him a bit... and in the Championship i am sure 4th choice CM is not going to be much better of quality than him.

number 10 role - you want 3 players for that?

Bony - in your opinion he is finished, but I am sure that is not what the club think.. Many people thought the same about Monterro... and under GP he seems to be doing better than he has in the long time. And I did say we need 1 more Striker on loan. he is one of the 2 I believe we need.

CB - I agree this is a problem area... can we find 2 CB's of quality for loan? I'm not sure.
Genuine Question About The Board... on 08:35 - Aug 12 with 3203 viewsSwan91

Genuine Question About The Board... on 08:19 - Aug 12 by awayjack

Jenkins has to go in any scenario. Donating some of his gains or shares to the Trust would be a good gesture but he'd still have to go but with some degree of integrity. The Yanks would need to positively resolve the issue with fans /trust (so that's £20m+ for their shares) and actually do something positive financially as original promised, and not continue to be a drain on resources. As both involve lots of money it's unlikely to happen.

Genuine question do you think the americans can keep up with what we are doing this season by themselves?? do you think if after 1 season GP goes (I believe was HJ's suggestion and appointment) the americans can continue with the rebuilding that is currently happening whilst finding managers and players who fit the way we want to play??
Genuine Question About The Board... on 08:41 - Aug 12 with 3181 viewsSwan91

Genuine Question About The Board... on 08:22 - Aug 12 by jackal

We are all glad to see young players, especially local lads, coming along.

But we must get experienced Championship players in.

Yesterday, I thought Preston were poor. But they had us on the ropes for the last 20 or so minutes. Leroy brought some stability when it was most needed,

We have 19 days to bring in 4/5 players. If we can we will be challenging for promotion. But my faith in the board is not great. We are desperate and anyone doing business with us knows it.

I thought a large amount of why Preston had us on the ropes the last 20 minutes was that all the players looked tired which I assume was mainly due to how we played in the first half.. We have looked like that in the past at a start of the season.. but then I guess players grew accustomed and got fitter and were able to last longer.

4/5 players is a lot... I don't even know if we would have enough space in the 25 man squad list for that??

that would mean 2 for ever position with nearly 10 players not making the subs bench just waiting.... that is alot don't you think?

I think 2 would be ok with additions in January.. or even 3 players..
Genuine Question About The Board... on 08:47 - Aug 12 with 3162 viewsSwan91

Genuine Question About The Board... on 08:28 - Aug 12 by Dr_Winston

Jenkins needs to go regardless. His presence (and a couple of others) are an open sore that will never heal whilst they're still here, regardless of his repeated failures in the job since 2015.

I understand that.. I also feel the same.. but my thinking is would that be best for the club and it's fans right now purely for a business and football point of view?

if you don't think about the emotion side of it right now.. HJ was the person who brought in GP I believe... unless I am mistaken.. and I do believe Clement and CC could have done well for us IF transfers wern't so bad.

In hindsight if HJ kept with appointing managers but brought someone else in to deal with transfers.. it is quite possible we could have done much better in the PL

I definitely think HJ should stay as far away as transfers as possible... but managerial appointments wern't as bad imo. The americans tried once and it was Bob Bradley....
Genuine Question About The Board... on 08:47 - Aug 12 with 3160 viewsthornabyswan

Genuine Question About The Board... on 08:41 - Aug 12 by Swan91

I thought a large amount of why Preston had us on the ropes the last 20 minutes was that all the players looked tired which I assume was mainly due to how we played in the first half.. We have looked like that in the past at a start of the season.. but then I guess players grew accustomed and got fitter and were able to last longer.

4/5 players is a lot... I don't even know if we would have enough space in the 25 man squad list for that??

that would mean 2 for ever position with nearly 10 players not making the subs bench just waiting.... that is alot don't you think?

Yes 2 players as a minimum a Centre back and a striker are musts.
If we could stretch ourselves a bit and bring in Ryan Woods who was Potters number 1 target that would send out such a positive statement of intent.
[Post edited 12 Aug 2018 8:51]

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

Genuine Question About The Board... on 08:53 - Aug 12 with 3126 viewsjackal

Genuine Question About The Board... on 08:41 - Aug 12 by Swan91

Fair enough, but I think 3 is the least. 2 cb's and a striker.

There are a lot of games before January. If Rodon, Mike or Ollie are injured or suspended, we're screwed.
Genuine Question About The Board... on 09:00 - Aug 12 with 3095 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Genuine Question About The Board... on 08:53 - Aug 12 by jackal

Fair enough, but I think 3 is the least. 2 cb's and a striker.

There are a lot of games before January. If Rodon, Mike or Ollie are injured or suspended, we're screwed.

Spot on.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Genuine Question About The Board... on 09:01 - Aug 12 with 3092 viewsEasternJack

I expect to see a centre back. That’s the urgent necessity - although maybe now also a keeper? How is nordfelt?

A DM (woods!) would be helpful as well as a striker. Based on the money situation, I doubt we’ll see these 2 and wouldn’t be surprised to see Fer play up top in moments when both Oli and Bony are out.

To the original question; Im already inclined to give the benefit of the doubt to the American owners. I think they’ve been extremely naive and have depended too much on HJ,s judgement over the last few years. Theyre now seemingly taking control (again necessity) - however as someone else pointed out elsewhere, they need to plug the expertise/network gap, possibly with a DoF (Not Landon D! - maybe they can tap up Rooney for the footballing advice!)

Anyway, I’m with Winston. Too much gone on for HJ to be forgiven and he needs to go for a new start to have a real chance. I think he’s already sidelined by the owners, which could backfire as having him sniping from the sidelines via his media mates will create further division. Time to pay him off.
[Post edited 12 Aug 2018 9:05]

Poll: Hull vs Middlesborough - What do we want?

Genuine Question About The Board... on 09:11 - Aug 12 with 3052 viewsDr_Winston

Genuine Question About The Board... on 09:01 - Aug 12 by EasternJack

I expect to see a centre back. That’s the urgent necessity - although maybe now also a keeper? How is nordfelt?

A DM (woods!) would be helpful as well as a striker. Based on the money situation, I doubt we’ll see these 2 and wouldn’t be surprised to see Fer play up top in moments when both Oli and Bony are out.

To the original question; Im already inclined to give the benefit of the doubt to the American owners. I think they’ve been extremely naive and have depended too much on HJ,s judgement over the last few years. Theyre now seemingly taking control (again necessity) - however as someone else pointed out elsewhere, they need to plug the expertise/network gap, possibly with a DoF (Not Landon D! - maybe they can tap up Rooney for the footballing advice!)

Anyway, I’m with Winston. Too much gone on for HJ to be forgiven and he needs to go for a new start to have a real chance. I think he’s already sidelined by the owners, which could backfire as having him sniping from the sidelines via his media mates will create further division. Time to pay him off.
[Post edited 12 Aug 2018 9:05]

Can't disagree with any of that.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024