Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Stuart Wardley 11:51 - Sep 8 with 4309 viewsBirminghamR

Rooting for Saffron now.
I remember Stuart Wardley as being a brief and unexpected bright spot in an otherwise dark period for the Rs.
Good luck
Stuart Wardley on 11:52 - Sep 8 with 4299 viewsBirminghamR

https://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/sport/football/former-qpr-man-eyeing-fa-1512627
Stuart Wardley on 12:52 - Sep 8 with 4210 viewsbosh67

14 goals from midfield in 87 appearances, half of those from the bench and fans still hated him. Came from being a labourer and non-league. Scored some crackers for us and still most fans groaned that he wasn't up to much. I thought he was a very bright spark during a bleak period. Great attitude and a hard worker. A bit like Scowen, not as talented but with a lot more goals.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Stuart Wardley on 12:58 - Sep 8 with 4201 viewsDorse

Stuart Wardley on 12:52 - Sep 8 by bosh67

14 goals from midfield in 87 appearances, half of those from the bench and fans still hated him. Came from being a labourer and non-league. Scored some crackers for us and still most fans groaned that he wasn't up to much. I thought he was a very bright spark during a bleak period. Great attitude and a hard worker. A bit like Scowen, not as talented but with a lot more goals.

I really liked him at the time. Dodgy barnet, but still.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Stuart Wardley on 13:52 - Sep 8 with 4124 viewsSimonJames

My youngest plays for SW Minis and the ground is virtually across the road from me.
But I've got to go play crazy golf for my niece's birthday

Saw Stuart play in a pro-celeb charity match earlier in the year. He still looked a class above the rest.

100% of people who drink water will die.

Stuart Wardley on 13:52 - Sep 8 with 4123 viewsBoston

Stuart Wardley on 12:52 - Sep 8 by bosh67

Another here who couldn't get their head around the vitriol experienced by Wardley. Some fans had it in for him from early on, sure he fcked up some great chances but who in a hooped shirt didn't?

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Stuart Wardley on 14:05 - Sep 8 with 4112 viewshubble

Stuart Wardley on 13:52 - Sep 8 by Boston

Another here who couldn't get their head around the vitriol experienced by Wardley. Some fans had it in for him from early on, sure he fcked up some great chances but who in a hooped shirt didn't?

I don't recall him being hated. More like bemusement. A furniture remover who put in a shift on the pitch.

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

Stuart Wardley on 14:17 - Sep 8 with 4096 viewsAntti_Heinola

There was plenty of vitriol towards him. To be fair, most of those goals came in an early purple patch and other than a sort of Lampard-like knack of goals during that period, he didn't have the technique or quality for that level. Still, I liked him: scored vital goals and a lot of them after stepping up about 6 divisions in one go. He was actually a good finisher - it was the rest of his game that lacked a bit.

Bare bones.

Stuart Wardley on 16:55 - Sep 8 with 3941 viewsBluce_Ree

Loved him.

If you watch the goal rush at the end of the DVD of that season, he’s in the box for almost every goal we scored.

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

Login to get fewer ads

Stuart Wardley on 00:00 - Sep 9 with 3748 viewswombat

Stuart Wardley on 16:55 - Sep 8 by Bluce_Ree

Loved him.

If you watch the goal rush at the end of the DVD of that season, he’s in the box for almost every goal we scored.

Didn’t we turn down good money fro. Spurs I think for wardley and Darlington. During that time

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Stuart Wardley on 00:09 - Sep 9 with 3742 viewsted_hendrix

On the odd occasion we would sing.......................

"When the ball hits the net like a big jumbo jet that's a Wardley"

Sung to the tune 'That's Amore'

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Stuart Wardley on 09:45 - Sep 9 with 3599 viewsFearless

Memory could be fading, but seem to remember a lot of his goals were made by Steiner, then he got played in almost every position except goal
Stuart Wardley on 10:54 - Sep 9 with 3530 viewsCiderwithRsie

Stuart Wardley on 09:45 - Sep 9 by Fearless

Memory could be fading, but seem to remember a lot of his goals were made by Steiner, then he got played in almost every position except goal

Steiner, Wardley and Carlisle are the main exhibits in my "Gerry was not so bad second time round as people say" defence. If two ion them hadn't been crocked things might have panned out differently.

Of course Wardley was a very limited player and was shown up for it in his second season but he cost almost literally nothing, scored a ton of goals for us when we needed it despite being signed as a defender, and always worked his socks off.

I don't remember vitriol, but people got on this case as soon as he stopped scoring goals. I think a lot of fans didn't understand the financial position (no change there) which became all too obvious after relegation.
Stuart Wardley on 12:55 - Sep 9 with 3462 viewsTGRRRSSS

I remember him scoring 2 (I think) in a memorable 4-1 win at Ipswich who at tghe time we a top Div 1 side who were there or thereabouts (possibly during Burley era).

Wardley got a fair bit of hate but likewise I always felt he put a shift in.
Stuart Wardley on 13:37 - Sep 9 with 3439 viewsterryb

Stuart Wardley on 12:55 - Sep 9 by TGRRRSSS

I remember him scoring 2 (I think) in a memorable 4-1 win at Ipswich who at tghe time we a top Div 1 side who were there or thereabouts (possibly during Burley era).

Wardley got a fair bit of hate but likewise I always felt he put a shift in.

Magilton was sent off in that game for kicking Peacock while Gavin laid on the ground.

From memory, I think we were losing 1-0 & hadn't had a kick of the ball until the equaliser & then we stuffed them. It was a wonderful day for us Ipswich exiles!

I thought it was Kiwomya who scored twice, but Wardley certainly played a very big part.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024