Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dickie 18:32 - Aug 26 with 32857 viewsDieByYourSide

The man to sort out our entire defence once and for all! Oxford fans demanding £4m/5m in the replies and claiming he wouldn't be arsed about a move to us.

Poll: And it's hi ho

Dickie on 18:36 - Aug 26 with 10214 views1JD

He’s out of contract in 10 months. At roughly half true market value, 1.25m will likely do it.
Dickie on 18:42 - Aug 26 with 10153 viewsrsonist

Dickie on 18:36 - Aug 26 by 1JD

He’s out of contract in 10 months. At roughly half true market value, 1.25m will likely do it.

I'd expect closer 2m but maybe further interest might push it to 3m. But at the end of the day, compared to other rumoured suitors I think we're out in front in terms of offering first team football and a key role right away.
Dickie on 19:09 - Aug 26 with 10006 viewsSouthallRanger

This news has given me butterflies. Or is it.... oh no, I think I’ve got a Dickie tummy
Dickie on 19:12 - Aug 26 with 9992 views1JD

Dickie on 18:42 - Aug 26 by rsonist

I'd expect closer 2m but maybe further interest might push it to 3m. But at the end of the day, compared to other rumoured suitors I think we're out in front in terms of offering first team football and a key role right away.

At 2m (4m full rate under contract), and 3m (6m under contract), these figures seem far too high to me for a League 1 defender. And then there is the Covid factor also.

Question; has anyone ever gone for 6m for a League 1 defender?
Dickie on 19:20 - Aug 26 with 9904 viewsEsox_Lucius

Dickie on 19:12 - Aug 26 by 1JD

At 2m (4m full rate under contract), and 3m (6m under contract), these figures seem far too high to me for a League 1 defender. And then there is the Covid factor also.

£3.74m for Sam McCallum to Norwich is the record with Matt Clarke close behind at £3.51M
https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/league-one/transferrekorde/wettbewerb/GB3

The grass is always greener.

Dickie on 20:14 - Aug 26 with 9687 viewseghamranger

Dickie on 19:12 - Aug 26 by 1JD

They know we will have a pocket full of Eze money ... so will try to pull our pants down!!
Dickie on 20:17 - Aug 26 with 9654 views1JD

Dickie on 20:14 - Aug 26 by eghamranger

They know we will have a pocket full of Eze money ... so will try to pull our pants down!!

Well, he’s going on a free in 10 months time so they’d better not be unrealistic otherwise they will end up with the grand sum of nothing
Dickie on 20:20 - Aug 26 with 9626 viewsCiderwithRsie

Dickie on 20:14 - Aug 26 by eghamranger

No doubt.

But the reason we have pocket full of Eze money is that we refused to let West Ham pull our pants down.

I expect attempts by Oxford to do so to be rebuffed. How are their finances doing? Can they afford to turn down a cash offer? Is anyone else offering?

We need to be playing these games, others have done it to us often enough.
Login to get fewer ads

Dickie on 20:29 - Aug 26 with 9522 viewsBrixtonR

Hope so
Proper song for him..........

Dickie on 20:31 - Aug 26 with 9516 viewsLazyFan

Dickie on 20:20 - Aug 26 by CiderwithRsie

No doubt.

But the reason we have pocket full of Eze money is that we refused to let West Ham pull our pants down.

I expect attempts by Oxford to do so to be rebuffed. How are their finances doing? Can they afford to turn down a cash offer? Is anyone else offering?

I agree.

And that is why I suspect we have stories on the net that we want to sign that freebie from Charlton or get the Fulham player on loan. Take our offer or we shall go elsewhere.

But where elsewhere can you go for an Eze like'player that's 22? You cannot so, pay up or someone else will.

The BMW trio from Bees is not the same as Benny and Watty are over 22. While I think Benny was the best player last season even he is being priced higher than Eze. The M who is 22 is not that desirable IMHO so, not in the same bracket.

I would think £750k with addons that take it to £1.1m should do it.

zzzzzzzzzz

Dickie on 20:56 - Aug 26 with 9352 viewsRs_Holy

Dickie on 20:29 - Aug 26 by BrixtonR

Hope so
Proper song for him..........

Used to have this on yellow vinyl
[Post edited 26 Aug 2020 21:14]
Dickie on 21:09 - Aug 26 with 9252 viewsqpr1976

Dickie on 20:56 - Aug 26 by Rs_Holy

Used to have this on yellow vinyl
[Post edited 26 Aug 2020 21:14]

Same.

And their version of Nights In White Satin on White vinyl.

And their version of Paranoid by Black Sabbath on Black vinyl !
Dickie on 22:01 - Aug 26 with 8936 viewskensalriser

If transfer responsibilities were devolved to fan committees, would any player move anywhere?

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Dickie on 08:53 - Aug 27 with 8481 viewstkqpr

Saturday will be telling, i wonder if he will be playing???
Dickie on 09:26 - Aug 27 with 8351 viewsted_hendrix

Rob Dickie played for Oxford in their 2-1 defeat at Palarse on Tuesday.

Draw your own conclusions I guess.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Dickie on 09:29 - Aug 27 with 8347 viewsenfieldargh

If he does come in I hope he has to work hard to win his place off our Connor.

Yes we do need more competition at CB

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Dickie on 10:05 - Aug 27 with 8228 viewsSir_Chops

Dickie on 20:20 - Aug 26 by CiderwithRsie

No doubt.

Exactly right. While lots of the focus is on not getting screwed over when selling players its every bit as important to establish the right reputation when buying too.

Otherwise, if you can't maximize profit when you do sell them on because you bought too high, what's the point?

Oxford aren't in a position to negotiate hard, and I'd hope [I'm sure] we have a list of other players to pursue instead if they don't understand that.
Dickie on 10:49 - Aug 27 with 8104 viewsrsonist

Dickie on 09:29 - Aug 27 by enfieldargh

If he does come in I hope he has to work hard to win his place off our Connor.

Yes we do need more competition at CB

Dickie being left footed like Barbet might indicate we're thinking about a three at the back.
Dickie on 12:53 - Aug 27 with 7807 viewsrrrspricey

Dickie on 21:09 - Aug 26 by qpr1976

Same.

And their version of Nights In White Satin on White vinyl.

And their version of Paranoid by Black Sabbath on Black vinyl !

Me too, and their delightful rendition of Silent Night, also on white vinyl i think
Dickie on 12:59 - Aug 27 with 7745 viewshantssi

Guy I work with watches Oxford a lot and reckons he’s the real deal.
Dickie on 19:03 - Aug 27 with 7464 views1JD

Dickie on 10:49 - Aug 27 by rsonist

Dickie being left footed like Barbet might indicate we're thinking about a three at the back.

He’s right footed and plays right CB.
Dickie on 19:12 - Aug 27 with 7407 viewsfrancisbowles

Dickie on 19:03 - Aug 27 by 1JD

Right footed makes much more sense, I think it was the Northampton guy who was reported to be a leftie.
Dickie on 19:28 - Aug 27 with 7310 viewsrsonist

Dickie on 19:03 - Aug 27 by 1JD

Right you are, my mistake. Well that's good then if we can get him.
Dickie on 22:25 - Aug 27 with 6820 viewsBrianMcCarthy

On a general note, I'm not sure why most teams are comfortable playing with two right-footed centre-backs but the industry as a whole balks at the idea of two lefties.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Dickie on 22:40 - Aug 27 with 6754 views1JD

Dickie on 22:25 - Aug 27 by BrianMcCarthy

On a general note, I'm not sure why most teams are comfortable playing with two right-footed centre-backs but the industry as a whole balks at the idea of two lefties.

Great point.

The same goes for left footed players who get accused of being “very left footed” which fails to acknowledge all right footed players are, indeed, very right footed. Strangely, there is only a small minority in professional football, all the way to the top of the game, who are comfortably two footed.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024