Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Maximum profit from human misery. 10:38 - Nov 21 with 5715 viewsLohengrin

There’s an interesting feature in today’s Guardian about the manufacture of PPE by slave labour in red China. Globalists need to read it.

I hope those of you who are cheerleading the prospect of a Biden/Harris administration realise you’re pressing the accelerator on obscenity.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Maximum profit from human misery. on 08:41 - Nov 22 with 848 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Maximum profit from human misery. on 19:37 - Nov 21 by Kilkennyjack

I am guessing that President elect Biden in fact had absolutely nothing to do with placing this order.

Those of you cheerleading former President Trump need to answer the question you have posed Loh.

Wonder what Bidden will do about the 2,000 ,000 people in the USA currently in forced labour.

13th amendment guarantees freedom neither slavery or forced servitude , except for people incarcerated after being convicted.

This vast labour force in the USA prison services provides a vast amount of goods at very low cost.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Maximum profit from human misery. on 09:25 - Nov 22 with 830 viewschad

Maximum profit from human misery. on 18:23 - Nov 21 by FieryJack

You should get yourself one of these.

Mag-lites. Made in California. Not cheap, though.

Last a life time. Had my fetching purple one for years.

Widely used by US police, and so heavy they can double up as a makeshift truncheon, which might be why the police favour them. 🤔

Just don’t leave the battery in long term or it might weld itself to the inside
Maximum profit from human misery. on 09:30 - Nov 22 with 824 viewschad

Maximum profit from human misery. on 19:58 - Nov 21 by Neath_Jack

No I haven't, I just pop onto Amazon, Currys, or whatever and buy what i was looking for. Don't give a second thought from where it comes from. Also shop in Tesco, and don't read the labels of where that is from either.

Guess what, I'm your typical honest South Wales bloke. Not someone on a nerd forum trying to gain kudos from others.

Forgot, I've bought apple phones since the first one come out.

Not someone on a nerd forum trying to gain kudos from others. ;)
Maximum profit from human misery. on 09:30 - Nov 22 with 824 viewsFieryJack

Maximum profit from human misery. on 09:25 - Nov 22 by chad

Just don’t leave the battery in long term or it might weld itself to the inside

Yes, something similar happened with mine.
Maximum profit from human misery. on 09:32 - Nov 22 with 821 viewsNeath_Jack

Maximum profit from human misery. on 09:30 - Nov 22 by chad

Not someone on a nerd forum trying to gain kudos from others. ;)

Morning Chaddy.

Correct, because if i was, I'd be lapping up the right wing nonsense on here, and posting tweets from the likes of Darren of Plymouth.

Always be yourself, and never try to fit in.

F*ck em, is a good mantra to live by.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Maximum profit from human misery. on 09:40 - Nov 22 with 816 viewschad

Maximum profit from human misery. on 09:30 - Nov 22 by FieryJack

Yes, something similar happened with mine.

I wouldn’t mind it was my big one, large battery, totally stuck, and drilling it out did not seem such a good idea :)

Still have it somewhere, not got the heart to throw out such a thing of beauty

In fairness wrote to Duracell and they compensated me for the torch and sent vouchers for new batteries - customer service sometimes crap, sometimes amazing.

Always try to praise the amazing - very much hoping I get kudos for that on here ;)
Maximum profit from human misery. on 09:50 - Nov 22 with 810 viewschad

Maximum profit from human misery. on 09:32 - Nov 22 by Neath_Jack

Morning Chaddy.

Correct, because if i was, I'd be lapping up the right wing nonsense on here, and posting tweets from the likes of Darren of Plymouth.

Always be yourself, and never try to fit in.

F*ck em, is a good mantra to live by.

Morning dearest heart

I have to admit fitting in has always been a bit of an anathema to me. Although in reality I probably do it as much as anyone else.

It is good to be yourself (always supposing yourself is a good thing to be) but whilst understanding everyone else is themself.
Maximum profit from human misery. on 09:58 - Nov 22 with 802 viewsProfessor

Maximum profit from human misery. on 00:00 - Nov 22 by Dr_Winston

I'd settle for supply chains ending in India. They'll be next once the Chinese middle class realises that their aspirations are a bit higher than slaving away to make iPhones.

China is investing heavily in Africa and some of the ‘dirtier’ manufacturing transferred there. Ethiopia’s new Chinese-built motorway and trains are primarily to facilitate transport via Djibouti. Loh and I have similar views on this, apart from the Trump/Biden part as in reality Trump talked a good fight and did nothing for US manufacturing. Laughably the MAGA hats were made in China and the Biden hats in the US. Neither are a good choice in the respect of globalisation.
Sadly buying British for items like clothing is a massively expensive business.
Even ‘top line’ brands like Burberry closed its Treorchy factory to make its polo shirts in China. Doc Martens the same. Aussie brands like Blundstone the same. Few people put their principles first when the dollar calls. One of the few exceptions I have is a REM T shirt. Made in the USA of organic cotton. Cost a few quid more than other bands, but at least acting on what they say.
Login to get fewer ads

Maximum profit from human misery. on 10:10 - Nov 22 with 795 viewsNeath_Jack

Maximum profit from human misery. on 09:58 - Nov 22 by Professor

China is investing heavily in Africa and some of the ‘dirtier’ manufacturing transferred there. Ethiopia’s new Chinese-built motorway and trains are primarily to facilitate transport via Djibouti. Loh and I have similar views on this, apart from the Trump/Biden part as in reality Trump talked a good fight and did nothing for US manufacturing. Laughably the MAGA hats were made in China and the Biden hats in the US. Neither are a good choice in the respect of globalisation.
Sadly buying British for items like clothing is a massively expensive business.
Even ‘top line’ brands like Burberry closed its Treorchy factory to make its polo shirts in China. Doc Martens the same. Aussie brands like Blundstone the same. Few people put their principles first when the dollar calls. One of the few exceptions I have is a REM T shirt. Made in the USA of organic cotton. Cost a few quid more than other bands, but at least acting on what they say.

You and Loh?

I think you would be hard pressed to find many people that wouldn't want the bulk of products bought by the British public, being British made.

The reality is, that people don't care enough to do anything about it. By doing anything about it, I mean going out and sourcing British products and paying more for them.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.

Maximum profit from human misery. on 10:11 - Nov 22 with 790 viewschad

If we have any respect for our planet, this throw away culture needs abating.

Clothes must be one of the considerable culprits
Maximum profit from human misery. on 10:16 - Nov 22 with 785 viewsNeath_Jack

Maximum profit from human misery. on 10:11 - Nov 22 by chad

If we have any respect for our planet, this throw away culture needs abating.

Clothes must be one of the considerable culprits

How much forum kudos will i get for having a pair of Adidas Gazelles, from 1990 something, still brand new in the box (the old style box too)?

I agree with you about clothes, buy quality clothes and they will last donkeys years.

Maximum profit from human misery. on 10:17 - Nov 22 with 784 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Maximum profit from human misery. on 23:09 - Nov 21 by Lohengrin

That post is an object lesson in the curiously cucked form of narcissism that would try to appear strident while simultaneously begging for affirmation.

Don’t use your own behaviour as a universal datum, it isn’t.
[Post edited 21 Nov 2020 23:10]

No, it isn't and because it isn't he resorts to snide remarks just like fj.
He is entitled to his own opinion, but he cannot project them on to others.
Maximum profit from human misery. on 10:22 - Nov 22 with 778 viewschad

AS far as Africa, not to worry the EU have it covered

‘the EU should aim to surpass the dominance of the dollar in the world economy and challenge China in its attempts to become the ascendant influence in Africa.’

Battle of the globalists?
Maximum profit from human misery. on 10:27 - Nov 22 with 773 viewsNeath_Jack

Maximum profit from human misery. on 10:17 - Nov 22 by A_Fans_Dad

Where was my snide comment to you?

Everyone is entitled to their own opinions, who has said any differently? And if i were trying to project them, i would be swamping this board with links to Twitter, day in, day out.

Maximum profit from human misery. on 10:37 - Nov 22 with 754 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Maximum profit from human misery. on 10:27 - Nov 22 by Neath_Jack

Where was my snide comment to you?

Everyone is entitled to their own opinions, who has said any differently? And if i were trying to project them, i would be swamping this board with links to Twitter, day in, day out.

This wasn't you then?
"Not someone on a nerd forum trying to gain kudos from others"
and this
"No but it looks good on a forum doesn't it, another kind of virtue signalling. Look at me, all wholesome and lovely, supporting local. "
and wasn't this also aimed at me
"How much forum kudos will i get for having a pair of Adidas Gazelles, from 1990 something, still brand new in the box (the old style box too)?"

You are so snidy you don't even know you are doing it.
But that is OK I have broad shoulders and I also know how much I support my local shops and businesses.
Maximum profit from human misery. on 10:42 - Nov 22 with 752 viewsNeath_Jack

Maximum profit from human misery. on 10:37 - Nov 22 by A_Fans_Dad

This wasn't you then?
"Not someone on a nerd forum trying to gain kudos from others"
and this
"No but it looks good on a forum doesn't it, another kind of virtue signalling. Look at me, all wholesome and lovely, supporting local. "
and wasn't this also aimed at me
"How much forum kudos will i get for having a pair of Adidas Gazelles, from 1990 something, still brand new in the box (the old style box too)?"

You are so snidy you don't even know you are doing it.
But that is OK I have broad shoulders and I also know how much I support my local shops and businesses.

How on earth is any of that being snide?

And no, it wasn't aimed specifically at you, especially the Gazelles bit. But of course, if the cap fits.

So when you and your ilk, throw around "virtue signalling", it's okay, but if someone who isn't aligned to your way of thinking, it's being snide?

Blimey, too much snowflakery in one post.

Maximum profit from human misery. on 10:50 - Nov 22 with 742 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Maximum profit from human misery. on 10:42 - Nov 22 by Neath_Jack

And no, it wasn't aimed specifically at you, especially the Gazelles bit. But of course, if the cap fits.

So when you and your ilk, throw around "virtue signalling", it's okay, but if someone who isn't aligned to your way of thinking, it's being snide?

I see, putting my position, morals and ethics in answer to your sweeping generalisation is "virtue signalling".

OK, then I have a lot more virtue than you, how is that?
[Post edited 22 Nov 2020 11:11]
Maximum profit from human misery. on 10:59 - Nov 22 with 734 viewsNeath_Jack

Maximum profit from human misery. on 10:50 - Nov 22 by A_Fans_Dad

I see, putting my position, morals and ethics in answer to your sweeping generalisation is "virtue signalling".

OK, then I have a lot more virtue than you, how is that?
[Post edited 22 Nov 2020 11:11]

Yes, you are a paragon of virtue, who is awarded maximum forum kudos points.*

*Please don't take it to heart, it's not real.

Maximum profit from human misery. on 11:03 - Nov 22 with 730 viewsCatullus

Maximum profit from human misery. on 10:42 - Nov 22 by Neath_Jack

Definition of snide - derogatory or mocking in an indirect way.....

It could be, couldn't it. But then that makes a lot of posts on this site snide, my own included. It's not what you post, what you mean, it's what other people read it as saying.

This thing about virtue signalling, there are different kinds of it and all sides do it. Some of it is more blatant than others though.

Maybe we need to remember which governments have helped the rise of cheap goods, have helped create the sweat shops and slave labour seen in Asia. It's been the Capitalists mainly, hasn't it? The right wing governments? Also, who has aided the movement of manufacturing out of the UK....the EU? They brought Eastern European states into the fold and almost immediately companies started taking advantage of the cheaper labour markets. The idea that stae aid or nationalised industry is wrong has seen the decline of UK steel and now we import cheap (and maybe rubbish) steel from China.

If we are so worried about China why are Western governments, including the EU, all helping their dominance grow? If the EU wants to stop Chinese growth why not slap large tarriffs on their goods? Why not make Chinese steel too expensive to import?

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Maximum profit from human misery. on 11:10 - Nov 22 with 727 viewsonehunglow

Maximum profit from human misery. on 09:50 - Nov 22 by chad

Morning dearest heart

I have to admit fitting in has always been a bit of an anathema to me. Although in reality I probably do it as much as anyone else.

It is good to be yourself (always supposing yourself is a good thing to be) but whilst understanding everyone else is themself.

Fitting in? ych a fi ,although one gets called ,weird

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Maximum profit from human misery. on 11:21 - Nov 22 with 717 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Maximum profit from human misery. on 10:59 - Nov 22 by Neath_Jack

Yes, you are a paragon of virtue, who is awarded maximum forum kudos points.*

*Please don't take it to heart, it's not real.

Thank you, thank you, I will cherish this recognisition for the rest of my days.
Maximum profit from human misery. on 11:26 - Nov 22 with 715 viewsonehunglow

Maximum profit from human misery. on 11:03 - Nov 22 by Catullus

Definition of snide - derogatory or mocking in an indirect way.....

It could be, couldn't it. But then that makes a lot of posts on this site snide, my own included. It's not what you post, what you mean, it's what other people read it as saying.

This thing about virtue signalling, there are different kinds of it and all sides do it. Some of it is more blatant than others though.

Maybe we need to remember which governments have helped the rise of cheap goods, have helped create the sweat shops and slave labour seen in Asia. It's been the Capitalists mainly, hasn't it? The right wing governments? Also, who has aided the movement of manufacturing out of the UK....the EU? They brought Eastern European states into the fold and almost immediately companies started taking advantage of the cheaper labour markets. The idea that stae aid or nationalised industry is wrong has seen the decline of UK steel and now we import cheap (and maybe rubbish) steel from China.

If we are so worried about China why are Western governments, including the EU, all helping their dominance grow? If the EU wants to stop Chinese growth why not slap large tarriffs on their goods? Why not make Chinese steel too expensive to import?

Brilliant

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Maximum profit from human misery. on 11:27 - Nov 22 with 715 viewsCatullus

If we're going to debate virtue signalling and claim it's a left wing trait, isn't it virtue signalling to push EV cars so we can "save the planet" and yet allow this kind of thing,

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8971539/As-Boris-Johnson-aims-new-cars-

What kind of world is it when people claim they want to protect our environment while seemingly not being bothered about how many peoples ...in this case childrens lives, are ruined to do so?

We already had big arguments about Bojo's dealings with China, the showdown with the USA over Huawei, somewhere where I can say Trump was probably right though he was talking about security and not child slave labour.

Is it Ok to try and be eco friendly if we condemn children to miserable lives, and probably shortened lives too, which for some of them may be a blessing in disguise.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Maximum profit from human misery. on 11:31 - Nov 22 with 708 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Maximum profit from human misery. on 11:27 - Nov 22 by Catullus

If we're going to debate virtue signalling and claim it's a left wing trait, isn't it virtue signalling to push EV cars so we can "save the planet" and yet allow this kind of thing,

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8971539/As-Boris-Johnson-aims-new-cars-

What kind of world is it when people claim they want to protect our environment while seemingly not being bothered about how many peoples ...in this case childrens lives, are ruined to do so?

We already had big arguments about Bojo's dealings with China, the showdown with the USA over Huawei, somewhere where I can say Trump was probably right though he was talking about security and not child slave labour.

Is it Ok to try and be eco friendly if we condemn children to miserable lives, and probably shortened lives too, which for some of them may be a blessing in disguise.

Yes, this is another result of being eco-friendly.

https://e360.yale.edu/features/china-wrestles-with-the-toxic-aftermath-of-rare-e
Maximum profit from human misery. on 11:36 - Nov 22 with 704 viewsFieryJack

Maximum profit from human misery. on 10:17 - Nov 22 by A_Fans_Dad

I don't know about that.

Felixstowe seems quite reasonable to me, and he's usually on your side of the fence anyway 🤣
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024