Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Welsh National Anthem 19:15 - Feb 13 with 16583 viewsbuilthjack

Is being sung loud and proud at Swans games these days.
Beautiful.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

The Welsh National Anthem on 19:21 - Feb 13 with 4537 views73__73

It would sound better if most knew the words. Most were just humming it today

Poll: Should Swansea expand its concourses, to accommodate fans of big clubs

The Welsh National Anthem on 19:23 - Feb 13 with 4570 viewsKilkennyjack

Outstanding.

Welsh anthem is the dogs whatsits.
In marked contrast GSTQ is a musical dirge.

1 nil to the Swansea boys.

Beware of the Risen People

The Welsh National Anthem on 20:23 - Feb 13 with 4472 viewsJacTawe

The Welsh National Anthem on 19:23 - Feb 13 by Kilkennyjack

Outstanding.

Welsh anthem is the dogs whatsits.
In marked contrast GSTQ is a musical dirge.

1 nil to the Swansea boys.

Ours is a national anthem,
GSTQ has nothing national about it, it's an anthem to the monarch

Poll: The anti England chanters, would you vote for Welsh independence?

The Welsh National Anthem on 20:24 - Feb 13 with 4468 viewsJacTawe

O bydded i'r heniaith barhau.

I often wonder how many people actually mean those words 🤔

Poll: The anti England chanters, would you vote for Welsh independence?

The Welsh National Anthem on 20:46 - Feb 13 with 4428 viewsjack_lord

The Welsh National Anthem on 20:24 - Feb 13 by JacTawe

There are plenty of Welsh speakers on here that know and almost certainly agree.

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

The Welsh National Anthem on 21:13 - Feb 13 with 4394 viewsCatullus

People barely know the anthem and hum through chunks of it, they don't have a clue what it means either. Myself included but then, I wasn't singing it.

Today I believe it was sung in response to GSTQ after a few rounds of hymns and arias.

English fans will sing GSTQ but it's not England's anthem, in fact they don't have their own anthem though MP's have been discussing it, apparently. Jerusalem is one of the mooted choices, and I vow to thee my country.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

The Welsh National Anthem on 21:15 - Feb 13 with 4390 viewsKilkennyjack

A growing number for sure.

I’r gad …. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿

The Welsh National Anthem on 21:16 - Feb 13 with 4388 viewsKilkennyjack

The Welsh National Anthem on 20:23 - Feb 13 by JacTawe

Ours is a national anthem,
GSTQ has nothing national about it, it's an anthem to the monarch

England seem to enjoy it ….. but you have a point …. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿

Login to get fewer ads

The Welsh National Anthem on 21:17 - Feb 13 with 4387 viewsKilkennyjack

The Welsh National Anthem on 21:13 - Feb 13 by Catullus

People barely know the anthem and hum through chunks of it, they don't have a clue what it means either. Myself included but then, I wasn't singing it.

Today I believe it was sung in response to GSTQ after a few rounds of hymns and arias.

English fans will sing GSTQ but it's not England's anthem, in fact they don't have their own anthem though MP's have been discussing it, apparently. Jerusalem is one of the mooted choices, and I vow to thee my country.

It is Englands anthem.
Thats why they play it at the start of sport tournaments. Shirley.

The 1 million welsh speakers senedd target will fix this.
The British education delivered in Welsh schools is responsible.
We need Welsh education in Welsh schools.

Why dont you look up a translation ?
Its sure to inspire you.
[Post edited 13 Feb 2022 21:24]

The Welsh National Anthem on 21:34 - Feb 13 with 4350 viewspencoedjack

The Welsh National Anthem on 21:13 - Feb 13 by Catullus

https://jomec.co.uk/thecardiffian/2020/02/14/welsh-language-speakers-in-decline-

Give it a couple of years & the East will be joining in with GSTQ 👍
The Welsh National Anthem on 21:51 - Feb 13 with 4273 views73__73

The Welsh National Anthem on 21:34 - Feb 13 by pencoedjack

https://jomec.co.uk/thecardiffian/2020/02/14/welsh-language-speakers-in-decline-

Give it a couple of years & the East will be joining in with GSTQ 👍

English is the spoken language of wales. English is the worlds language.
Welsh is irrelevant to most in Wales, apart from a few nutters.

Poll: Should Swansea expand its concourses, to accommodate fans of big clubs

The Welsh National Anthem on 21:57 - Feb 13 with 4307 viewsKilkennyjack

The Welsh National Anthem on 21:51 - Feb 13 by 73__73

Like many nations in the world, Wales has 2 languages.
Thats true in law as well.

Is that too hard for you to understand ? 🤷‍♂️

The Welsh National Anthem on 22:26 - Feb 13 with 4279 viewsTenbySwan

Mae hen wlad fy nhadau yn annwyl i mi
Gwlad beirdd a chantorion, enwogion o fri
Ei gwrol ryfelwyr, gwladgarwyr tra mâd
Tros ryddid gollasant eu gwaed

Gwlad, Gwlad, pleidiol wyf i'm gwlad
Tra môr yn fur i'r bur hoff bau
O bydded i'r heniaith barhau
The Welsh National Anthem on 22:42 - Feb 13 with 4250 viewsjack_lord

The Welsh National Anthem on 22:26 - Feb 13 by TenbySwan

Mae hen wlad fy nhadau yn annwyl i mi
Gwlad beirdd a chantorion, enwogion o fri
Ei gwrol ryfelwyr, gwladgarwyr tra mâd
Tros ryddid gollasant eu gwaed

Gwlad, Gwlad, pleidiol wyf i'm gwlad
Tra môr yn fur i'r bur hoff bau
O bydded i'r heniaith barhau

I don't know what it was like in other primary schools but we had to learn it and recite at ours.

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

The Welsh National Anthem on 23:09 - Feb 13 with 4222 viewsKilkennyjack

The Welsh National Anthem on 22:42 - Feb 13 by jack_lord

I don't know what it was like in other primary schools but we had to learn it and recite at ours.

Same.

❤️🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿

The Welsh National Anthem on 23:16 - Feb 13 with 4215 viewsbuilthjack

Same. We all knew it by the time we were 5/6.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

The Welsh National Anthem on 00:22 - Feb 14 with 4180 viewsKilkennyjack

Johnson supporting Indy Wales as well now …

The Welsh National Anthem on 06:38 - Feb 14 with 4112 viewsKeithHaynes

Same 👍

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

The Welsh National Anthem on 09:23 - Feb 14 with 4040 viewsCatullus

The Welsh National Anthem on 21:17 - Feb 13 by Kilkennyjack

It is Englands anthem.
Thats why they play it at the start of sport tournaments. Shirley.

The 1 million welsh speakers senedd target will fix this.
The British education delivered in Welsh schools is responsible.
We need Welsh education in Welsh schools.

Why dont you look up a translation ?
Its sure to inspire you.
[Post edited 13 Feb 2022 21:24]

I have looked it up in the past, which is where it is from. Like very many national anthems it bears no relevance to the modern world.

I'll tell you what inspires me, a dying teenager raising money for another sick child.

People going out of their way to help others regardless of colour, creed or religion.

People being nice just, because...

Nature, Mother nature inspires me too. Such beauty even in the smallest things where some of the smallest things are the most fierce.

Now I'll tell you what doesn't inspire me, nationalistic garbage being used as a reason to hate others.
Wherever you go in the world people are largely the same but when nationalism rears it's ugly head, that's when trouble starts.
Mae hen Wlad is a stirring composition, in my opinion one of the best national anthems in the world but the time when Wales just belonged to the Welsh is long gone. Its a global society now, nationalism is idiocy.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

The Welsh National Anthem on 09:32 - Feb 14 with 4028 viewsunion_jack

The Welsh National Anthem on 09:23 - Feb 14 by Catullus

I have looked it up in the past, which is where it is from. Like very many national anthems it bears no relevance to the modern world.

I'll tell you what inspires me, a dying teenager raising money for another sick child.

People going out of their way to help others regardless of colour, creed or religion.

Nature, Mother nature inspires me too. Such beauty even in the smallest things where some of the smallest things are the most fierce.

Now I'll tell you what doesn't inspire me, nationalistic garbage being used as a reason to hate others.
Wherever you go in the world people are largely the same but when nationalism rears it's ugly head, that's when trouble starts.
Mae hen Wlad is a stirring composition, in my opinion one of the best national anthems in the world but the time when Wales just belonged to the Welsh is long gone. Its a global society now, nationalism is idiocy.

Very well said Cat.

And I think some on here need to look up the meaning of the English word ‘attack’ because they’re not using it properly.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

The Welsh National Anthem on 09:47 - Feb 14 with 4013 viewsvetchonian

Excellent post Cat

Im sure that whilst Ben might get a buzz from hearing it sung im not si sure the other 10 players on the pitch will ....how many of our current match day team/squad are Welsh.

Its like on here we some people forget we are supporters of the team but for whatever reason tribalism breaks out

By the way there is no one prouder to be Welsh than me but the anthem has a time and place

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

The Welsh National Anthem on 09:54 - Feb 14 with 4005 viewsBadlands

The Welsh National Anthem on 21:51 - Feb 13 by 73__73

Only a monoglot or supremacist would deride another language or make fun people speaking another.
Around the world, more than half of people — estimates vary from 60 to 75 per cent — speak at least two languages. Many countries have more than one official national language — South Africa has 11. Countries like Senegal, with 39 language, pride themselves in their linguistic and cultural diversity.
English is a lingua franca (along with Chinese, Hindi, Spanish and Arabic) but is increasingly seen as a language of oppression around the world especially in former 'Empire states'.
Countries subjugated by force have their liberty,, language and culture taken away.
Being from Wales or India or USA or Australia, New Zealand or Canada and being monoglot English is an acceptance of cultural slavery.
Calling people who are multi-lingual 'nutters' really does, well and truly, nail your colours to the mast.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

The Welsh National Anthem on 10:07 - Feb 14 with 3995 viewsBadlands

Agreed with most of that buy nationalism is only idiocy when it excludes and generates hate.

English nationalism is a movement of exclusion and domination exemplified by its anthem. Send her victorious. Yesterday it was sung to remind the Welshies we don't belong, sung to elicit a reaction, sung as an indication of status.
Welsh nationalism is inclusive to those who want to belong - Her brave warriors, fine patriots
Shed their blood for freedom ... not domination. And extols the virtue of nature and language.
Yesterday it was sung in defence of what is ours.
If you don't believe in Wales then get rid of it, become English, wear the red rose with pride, bow to the Queen and doff your caps to your lords, know your place and enjoy the crumbs.
FYI I don't like hearing Mae Hen Wlad Fy Nhadau sung at Swans games.
[Post edited 14 Feb 2022 10:09]

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

The Welsh National Anthem on 13:21 - Feb 14 with 3927 viewspencoedjack

The Welsh National Anthem on 10:07 - Feb 14 by Badlands

Agreed with most of that buy nationalism is only idiocy when it excludes and generates hate.

English nationalism is a movement of exclusion and domination exemplified by its anthem. Send her victorious. Yesterday it was sung to remind the Welshies we don't belong, sung to elicit a reaction, sung as an indication of status.
Welsh nationalism is inclusive to those who want to belong - Her brave warriors, fine patriots
Shed their blood for freedom ... not domination. And extols the virtue of nature and language.
If you don't believe in Wales then get rid of it, become English, wear the red rose with pride, bow to the Queen and doff your caps to your lords, know your place and enjoy the crumbs.

‘It was sung to remind us Welshies we don’t belong.’

What a load of drivel (& the rest of the post)
The Welsh National Anthem on 13:59 - Feb 14 with 3908 viewsraynor94

The Welsh National Anthem on 10:07 - Feb 14 by Badlands

It was sung to supposedly wind us up.

Plain and simple!

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024