Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Has the derby become too easy? 04:12 - Oct 25 with 3891 viewsDr_Parnassus

For me it’s lost a lot of it’s spice. It could be an age thing, but I think it’s become too uncompetitive. I remember I used to dread them, but for the last 10-15 years they have just seemed to be a formality.

I read that they like to say it’s our cup final and we drum it into all our players how much it means to us, but I think that’s nonsense. I don’t even know when we face them most of the time until maybe the week before.

Just a quick look around the different forums, count how many threads there are about us from them, and count how many about them there are from us (yes I suppose you can count this one) - it’s not even comparable.

Cardiff have seemed to be an irrelevance for a long time now and that’s the only thing I can put it down to.

2-0 W
4-0 W
3-0 W
0-1 L
2-0 W
0-0 D
1-0 W
3-0 W

18 points out of a possible 24
15 goals scored
1 goal conceded

If they get relegated this season I think that could mark the end of the derby as we knew it. The kids growing up in this era won’t care.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Has the derby become too easy? on 06:56 - Oct 25 with 3273 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Has the derby become too easy? on 07:29 - Oct 25 with 3248 viewsjack247

They were competitive before last season. Two wins, a draw and a defeat in the Championship.

I’m confident we’d have beaten them without the red card, but it wouldn’t have been the absolute stroll it turned out to be.

It has lost a bit of edge now we’ve done the double, but it will always be the first game I look for in the fixture list and the one I’m most anxious about pre match (barring late season games that could decide promotion/playoffs/relegation).

If they get relegated and fester in the lower leagues it will certainly. Would depend how long we’re in different divisions.
Has the derby become too easy? on 08:29 - Oct 25 with 3214 viewsWhiterockin

Hard to tell, Sundays sending off made it easier than it could have been. It's always the best atmosphere in the ground bar none, easy or not it's spine tingling.
Has the derby become too easy? on 09:16 - Oct 25 with 3176 viewsItchySphincter

Definitely lost some of the spice since the doube but you know if they go down we’ll probably follow them within a year or two, we’re never apart for long, Nothing would make me happier than seeing us two leagues above them though, that would really finish them once and for all.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Has the derby become too easy? on 09:21 - Oct 25 with 3169 viewsonehunglow

We should be looking to fry bigger fish than those of a ludicrously labelled world city.
We need bigger tests

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Has the derby become too easy? on 09:41 - Oct 25 with 3158 viewslifelong

I would miss the games if we were in a different divisions , I know quite a few Cardiff fans and enjoy the banter.
What I wouldn’t miss are the ridiculous security precautions the authorities have to take to ensure that the game can go ahead safely.
Well over 400 Police Officers on duty, Police having to guard all the road bridges in and around the city, fans having to be herded like cattle to a local location 3 hours before the game. Watching the behaviour of some of our fans when the away buses arrive at the stadium it’s not going to go away soon.
I understand that this fixture is the only ‘bubble’ one remaining in British football, it’s all a bit sad.
Has the derby become too easy? on 09:43 - Oct 25 with 3156 viewsonehunglow

Has the derby become too easy? on 09:41 - Oct 25 by lifelong

I would miss the games if we were in a different divisions , I know quite a few Cardiff fans and enjoy the banter.
What I wouldn’t miss are the ridiculous security precautions the authorities have to take to ensure that the game can go ahead safely.
Well over 400 Police Officers on duty, Police having to guard all the road bridges in and around the city, fans having to be herded like cattle to a local location 3 hours before the game. Watching the behaviour of some of our fans when the away buses arrive at the stadium it’s not going to go away soon.
I understand that this fixture is the only ‘bubble’ one remaining in British football, it’s all a bit sad.

I m one of the few that would welcome them disappearing making us THE team of Wales .

Has the derby become too easy? on 12:10 - Oct 25 with 3088 viewsbennytheblue

Has the derby become too easy? on 09:43 - Oct 25 by onehunglow

I m one of the few that would welcome them disappearing making us THE team of Wales .

Wow…..amazing fete that.
Login to get fewer ads

Has the derby become too easy? on 12:10 - Oct 25 with 3088 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

Has the derby become too easy? on 09:43 - Oct 25 by onehunglow

Where else would we get the easy guaranteed six points from though?

Poll: We all dream of a managerial team of Alan Tates?

Has the derby become too easy? on 13:03 - Oct 25 with 3052 viewsonehunglow

Has the derby become too easy? on 12:10 - Oct 25 by Joesus_Of_Narbereth

Where else would we get the easy guaranteed six points from though?

Has the derby become too easy? on 14:27 - Oct 25 with 2990 viewsKilkennyjack

I think thats fact based and fair enough.

Its probably Swans vs TNS now for best team in Wales…?

Then Newport vs Wrexham obviously.

So it would be Cardiff vs Penybont (or Merthyr)…?
Something like that.

Beware of the Risen People

Has the derby become too easy? on 16:13 - Oct 25 with 2939 viewsonehunglow

Has the derby become too easy? on 14:27 - Oct 25 by Kilkennyjack

I think thats fact based and fair enough.

Its probably Swans vs TNS now for best team in Wales…?

Then Newport vs Wrexham obviously.

So it would be Cardiff vs Penybont (or Merthyr)…?
Something like that.

You re mentioning a village side TNS and Swansea City on the same sentence

Light years away

Has the derby become too easy? on 22:32 - Oct 25 with 2869 viewsKilkennyjack

Has the derby become too easy? on 16:13 - Oct 25 by onehunglow

You re mentioning a village side TNS and Swansea City on the same sentence

Light years away

It was meant as a joke mun.

Hard to tell with me i know OHL.

Beware of the Risen People

Has the derby become too easy? on 23:18 - Oct 25 with 2851 viewsGixerJack

Don’t talk twp mun!!! Haven’t you seen that clip of soulless Boo?
Has the derby become too easy? on 06:44 - Oct 26 with 2791 views1983

cardiff have totally lost their identity since moving from ninian park, Tan, the red thing, Sala....etc always loved playing cardiff it was a total buzz seeing the cardiff fans at the Vetch in the 80's 90's it really was an edgy day and night in those days now it's just whatever...

Has the derby become too easy? on 10:03 - Oct 26 with 2724 viewsSkipTheJack

10 - 15 years ago they always had the odd decent attacking player you'd be worried about: Chopra, Bothroyd, Bellamy, Whittingham. Nowadays, there's not one player in their squad I'm remotely worried about seeing lining up against us.
Has the derby become too easy? on 10:11 - Oct 26 with 2719 viewsonehunglow

Has the derby become too easy? on 22:32 - Oct 25 by Kilkennyjack

It was meant as a joke mun.

Hard to tell with me i know OHL.

Hmm.

Not so sure

You re different anyway and that s good

Has the derby become too easy? on 14:40 - Oct 26 with 2633 viewsbennytheblue

Has the derby become too easy? on 10:03 - Oct 26 by SkipTheJack

10 - 15 years ago they always had the odd decent attacking player you'd be worried about: Chopra, Bothroyd, Bellamy, Whittingham. Nowadays, there's not one player in their squad I'm remotely worried about seeing lining up against us.

Your right, although wintle is a decent midfielder the best we’ve had for sometime, could do with another ok one next to him mind, not Ralls. Isaac Davies and colwill would have been decent too if not injured, local lads who know what it means having played and beaten many swansea teams in their youth. Our only decent striker left inexplicably after 7 minutes, the total bellend.
Has the derby become too easy? on 14:48 - Oct 26 with 2629 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

Has the derby become too easy? on 10:03 - Oct 26 by SkipTheJack

That O Dowda looked like a bit of a handful. Never heard of him before. Their keeper seemed pretty good too but then he probably gets more practice than most.

Poll: We all dream of a managerial team of Alan Tates?

Has the derby become too easy? on 16:03 - Oct 26 with 2610 viewsCatullus

Has the derby become too easy? on 12:10 - Oct 25 by bennytheblue

Wow…..amazing fete that.

When talking of your fate did you mean amazing feat? or were you planning on some kind of public event?

Maybe a charity event...get Cardiff a goal in the derby?

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Has the derby become too easy? on 16:18 - Oct 26 with 2602 viewsSkipTheJack

Has the derby become too easy? on 14:40 - Oct 26 by bennytheblue

Your right, although wintle is a decent midfielder the best we’ve had for sometime, could do with another ok one next to him mind, not Ralls. Isaac Davies and colwill would have been decent too if not injured, local lads who know what it means having played and beaten many swansea teams in their youth. Our only decent striker left inexplicably after 7 minutes, the total bellend.

I wasn't suggesting your players are all bad, because that's not true. But with the greatest of respect Ralls, Wintle, Colwill, etc don't have the fear factor that Chopra, Bellamy et al carried.

You'd be justified in asking which Swans players carry the 'fear factor' as well, but with the possible exception of Sinclair we've haven't relied on match winning players in the Championship to the same extent that you have over the last 10-15 years. With us it's more about the team, which is why we can get away with having little individual threat.
Has the derby become too easy? on 16:29 - Oct 26 with 2594 viewsItchySphincter

lol

*you’re

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Has the derby become too easy? on 17:55 - Oct 26 with 2552 viewsguthrieintherain

I have a feeling you will be relegated so may not play you again for a while after this season.

But yes it is getting a bit easy suits me nicely though.

Poll: What will happen with Morgan Whittaker

Has the derby become too easy? on 18:38 - Oct 26 with 2513 viewsWhiterockin

Draw them in the cup this season and we can be the first team to do the treble.
Has the derby become too easy? on 19:47 - Oct 26 with 2484 viewsBoundy

A rather sweeping statement “ beaten many Swansea teams in their youth” interested to how you came to that comment ,

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024