Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea v Cardiff - biggest club debate 16:30 - Dec 12 with 3856 viewsDr_Parnassus

Has taken another step in our direction recently and gone relatively unnoticed.

I just looked up the all time football league table, and it seems in recent times we have now overtaken them.

Swansea are 55th

Cardiff are 58th

Both based on 96 seasons in total.

http://www.englishfootballleaguetables.co.uk/stats/totals.html

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Swansea v Cardiff - biggest club debate on 16:36 - Dec 12 with 2952 viewsWhiterockin

I don't even think of them as rivals anymore, recent results have taken the edge off the rivalry for me.
Swansea v Cardiff - biggest club debate on 16:42 - Dec 12 with 2939 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

Swansea v Cardiff - biggest club debate on 16:36 - Dec 12 by Whiterockin

I don't even think of them as rivals anymore, recent results have taken the edge off the rivalry for me.

I’d hate to see them relegated because it’s an easy six points every year.

Poll: We all dream of a managerial team of Alan Tates?

Swansea v Cardiff - biggest club debate on 18:58 - Dec 12 with 2862 viewsBoundy

personally to me size doesn't matter, its the ethos ,structure and how well the Club is run is what counts , and atm we're years ahead of them

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Swansea v Cardiff - biggest club debate on 19:52 - Dec 12 with 2829 viewsKeithHaynes

Swansea v Cardiff - biggest club debate on 16:36 - Dec 12 by Whiterockin

They do a great job of playing it down, but if they were in the driving seat it would be a different story trust me.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Swansea v Cardiff - biggest club debate on 19:56 - Dec 12 with 2818 viewspencoedjack

Swansea v Cardiff - biggest club debate on 19:52 - Dec 12 by KeithHaynes

They do a great job of playing it down, but if they were in the driving seat it would be a different story trust me.

Obviously they are bigger they are a CaPiTaL city.
Swansea v Cardiff - biggest club debate on 20:13 - Dec 12 with 2793 viewspencoedjack

Swansea v Cardiff - biggest club debate on 19:52 - Dec 12 by KeithHaynes

Swansea v Cardiff - biggest club debate on 00:25 - Dec 13 with 2657 viewsKeithHaynes

Swansea v Cardiff - biggest club debate on 20:13 - Dec 12 by pencoedjack

If this was to become an actual proper thread Swansea would annihilate them.

Swansea v Cardiff - biggest club debate on 00:51 - Dec 13 with 2650 viewsGixerJack

Swansea v Cardiff - biggest club debate on 00:25 - Dec 13 by KeithHaynes

I think that most people have become bored with ragging them because they’ve got nothing worthwhile to come back with, the saddest part for them is that they know and accept that their resurrection to something they can be proud of is further out of reach than ever.
Login to get fewer ads

Swansea v Cardiff - biggest club debate on 09:14 - Dec 13 with 2544 views1983

Whether we like it or not cardiff city will sometimes been seen as the bigger club by the casual observer simply because of its capital status but apart from that that's it but in recent years they are more seen as a basket case of a club

Unhinged owner
Building a stadium way too big for themselves in a MK Dons kind of way
Playing in red
Terrible Premiership campaigns
Sala and all that brings

Swansea v Cardiff - biggest club debate on 09:35 - Dec 13 with 2528 viewsbennytheblue

Swansea v Cardiff - biggest club debate on 00:25 - Dec 13 by KeithHaynes

Hey now….we have hope you know…😜
We are used to this sh*t, it’s in our DNA.
Like when 28000 turn up to see us be d over and lose four effin nil….
I don’t need to mention our playoff record either do I.
Apparently the last 10 yrs have been our most successful almost ever, yet most people I know stopped going…..strange eh?
Games used to be important now I personally don’t really know if or where we are playing.
Swansea v Cardiff - biggest club debate on 09:37 - Dec 13 with 2524 viewsbennytheblue

Swansea v Cardiff - biggest club debate on 09:14 - Dec 13 by 1983

Whether we like it or not cardiff city will sometimes been seen as the bigger club by the casual observer simply because of its capital status but apart from that that's it but in recent years they are more seen as a basket case of a club

Unhinged owner
Playing in red
Sala and all that brings

You mention the glory years….lol….
If it came out on his deathbed that Tan was secretly a Jack having a laugh all along I wouldn’t be at all surprised. The useless billionaire
Swansea v Cardiff - biggest club debate on 10:06 - Dec 13 with 2485 views1983

Swansea v Cardiff - biggest club debate on 09:37 - Dec 13 by bennytheblue

If it came out on his deathbed that Tan was secretly a Jack having a laugh all along I wouldn’t be at all surprised. The useless billionaire

Yeah I thought I'd give that one

You finished 3rd from bottom and then bottom didn't you? and in a lovely red colour oh well at least you made it in the end all be it for a short while.

Swansea v Cardiff - biggest club debate on 10:15 - Dec 13 with 2475 viewsSirjohnalot

Would be a hell of a prank, if Scooby Doo style, he pulled his mask off and it was Huw Jenkins all along
Swansea v Cardiff - biggest club debate on 10:34 - Dec 13 with 2455 viewsMixed_Kebab_No_Salad

You can take all sorts of factors into consideration when debating who's the biggest club and get nowhere with it. But to me, the simple fact is that I as a Jack living in Llantrisant know that most of, if not all sensible Cardiff fans would swap what they've been through with what we've achieved over the last few decades in a heartbeat.

I'm 33 now, and never have I ever thought "look at them lucky F*****s". That says a lot to me.
Swansea v Cardiff - biggest club debate on 10:59 - Dec 13 with 2427 viewsonehunglow

Swansea v Cardiff - biggest club debate on 10:34 - Dec 13 by Mixed_Kebab_No_Salad

You can take all sorts of factors into consideration when debating who's the biggest club and get nowhere with it. But to me, the simple fact is that I as a Jack living in Llantrisant know that most of, if not all sensible Cardiff fans would swap what they've been through with what we've achieved over the last few decades in a heartbeat.

I'm 33 now, and never have I ever thought "look at them lucky F*****s". That says a lot to me.

The relegation killed it all

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Swansea v Cardiff - biggest club debate on 11:10 - Dec 13 with 2422 viewsSirjohnalot

Swansea v Cardiff - biggest club debate on 10:59 - Dec 13 by onehunglow

Whatever level they play at, it's still our club, relegation dimmed down the fire of the Premiership, but the ambers remain, all it will take is a spark or two to reignite. Fire starters costs money and our club, is still in a position to afford that. Martin may well be a stop gap for a few years to keep us on that even keel.

If he were to go tomorrow, with whom would you replace him ?
Swansea v Cardiff - biggest club debate on 11:15 - Dec 13 with 2416 viewsonehunglow

Swansea v Cardiff - biggest club debate on 11:10 - Dec 13 by Sirjohnalot

Whatever level they play at, it's still our club, relegation dimmed down the fire of the Premiership, but the ambers remain, all it will take is a spark or two to reignite. Fire starters costs money and our club, is still in a position to afford that. Martin may well be a stop gap for a few years to keep us on that even keel.

If he were to go tomorrow, with whom would you replace him ?

I’ve got an issue here with no heating .
I’m only popping in .

To answer your question I d need to be able to source the market .
I think I could do that but I’m not employed at the Club.

I’m pretty sure I could come up with a coach who would ensure tactics means something and players learn from mistakes. Even have a captain that motivates and guides .

If we are lacking in pace ,and we are, I d deploy a quick player and deploy him accordingly.

We do not have to suffer ,John.

Swansea v Cardiff - biggest club debate on 11:16 - Dec 13 with 2419 viewsMixed_Kebab_No_Salad

I was only gutted about that because Cardiff went up to be honest. But I knew they'd come straight back down as per usual. And from experience I knew that I'd enjoy being back in the Champ, experiencing other grounds, more so called derby matches and having a right go at it. More so than Cardiff fans would've getting pumped every weekend, as we were towards the end of our Prem years.

I love the ups and downs of it all, and the downs make the ups mean so much more. Winning every week would become boring haha but thankfully we win just enough every now and then to have achieved more than what I thought we would've in my 20yrs as a ST holder.
Swansea v Cardiff - biggest club debate on 11:21 - Dec 13 with 2417 viewsBoundy

that has to be one of the best oxymorons posted today, anywhere " useless billionaire"

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Swansea v Cardiff - biggest club debate on 11:24 - Dec 13 with 2410 viewsonehunglow

Swansea v Cardiff - biggest club debate on 11:16 - Dec 13 by Mixed_Kebab_No_Salad

I was only gutted about that because Cardiff went up to be honest. But I knew they'd come straight back down as per usual. And from experience I knew that I'd enjoy being back in the Champ, experiencing other grounds, more so called derby matches and having a right go at it. More so than Cardiff fans would've getting pumped every weekend, as we were towards the end of our Prem years.

I love the ups and downs of it all, and the downs make the ups mean so much more. Winning every week would become boring haha but thankfully we win just enough every now and then to have achieved more than what I thought we would've in my 20yrs as a ST holder.

I ll be frank here and a£mit I detest Cardiff. apologies for the word mods.

They were an embarrassment whilst ,for a few years,we stomped around the Billy big bollox clubs and it made us feel very proud. Going to cold Rafford and Infield and shattering the arrogance of the glory hunting M6 fans

Swansea v Cardiff - biggest club debate on 12:09 - Dec 13 with 2384 viewsbennytheblue

That was the beautiful moment….swapping places. Warnocks promotion was the only high I can recall in the last 10 yrs and even then, we all knew exactly what was coming although he almost achieved a miracle in keeping us up after wasting 60 million on rubbish
Swansea v Cardiff - biggest club debate on 12:12 - Dec 13 with 2373 viewsSirjohnalot

Swansea v Cardiff - biggest club debate on 11:24 - Dec 13 by onehunglow

I ll be frank here and a£mit I detest Cardiff. apologies for the word mods.

They were an embarrassment whilst ,for a few years,we stomped around the Billy big bollox clubs and it made us feel very proud. Going to cold Rafford and Infield and shattering the arrogance of the glory hunting M6 fans

That's a strong word. Hate destroys.
Swansea v Cardiff - biggest club debate on 13:46 - Dec 13 with 2321 viewsonehunglow

Swansea v Cardiff - biggest club debate on 12:12 - Dec 13 by Sirjohnalot

I’m. Strong guy

Swansea v Cardiff - biggest club debate on 16:00 - Dec 13 with 2261 viewsbennytheblue

Swansea v Cardiff - biggest club debate on 12:12 - Dec 13 by Sirjohnalot

Yeah bizarre….hate a building? Half a million people who live there or just the players who happen to earn a living at the club?
Swansea v Cardiff - biggest club debate on 16:31 - Dec 13 with 2239 viewsKeithHaynes

Swansea v Cardiff - biggest club debate on 09:14 - Dec 13 by 1983

Unhinged owner
Playing in red
Sala and all that brings

Hearts and Hibs in Edinburgh tho ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024