Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wednesday Adams 19:42 - Dec 14 with 2177 viewsbollockchops

anybody watching
is it any good ?
Wednesday Adams on 19:44 - Dec 14 with 2171 viewsdavman

Thought it was very good myself as those things go... Does good service to the Adams Family if you liked that sort of thing...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Wednesday Adams on 19:48 - Dec 14 with 2147 viewsconnell10

Yes it was good a cross between Harry Potter , Scooby doo and of course the Addams family with a sprinkle of Buffy.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Wednesday Adams on 20:37 - Dec 14 with 2036 viewsbollockchops

Wednesday Adams on 19:48 - Dec 14 by connell10

Yes it was good a cross between Harry Potter , Scooby doo and of course the Addams family with a sprinkle of Buffy.

i said to someone at work that its like Harry Potter for girls and he said Harry Potter is for girls !
Wednesday Adams on 08:02 - Dec 15 with 1849 viewsEastR

Anything that introduces a new generation to The Cramps can't be bad

Poll: Is time up for Ainsworth?

Wednesday Adams on 09:26 - Dec 15 with 1779 viewsNorthernr

I was a bit disappointed by it tbh. Got through it, but only as background noise while working, bit of fluff really. It's essentially a kids/teen show. I know Tim Burton is the headline here but he only directs four episodes, the showrunners (who really pull the strings on these things) are Miles Millar and Alfred Gough who previously did Smallville - and it shows. It's basically a CW show.

The whole original premise of the Adams Family was you set their behaviour and way of life off against 'normal people'. That was the whole point and the gag. They really only do that in this one in the first five minutes of the first episode, which not at all coincidentally is also the best bit.

Then they surround her with loads of other spooks and ghouls at which point her routine becomes a bit meh, and not that funny any more. And you have to start making concessions, like her falling in love, like her sympathising with the annoying room mate, which the character would just never do. Once you start breaking the rules of the character you've lost.

They then, because it's Netflix and there's so much money on the table, do eight episodes when it's really only worth four or five and have to start spinning out all sorts of convoluted nonsense to keep it going - oh look, episode six, here's Uncle Fester, to hang around for a couple of eps and contribute nothing at all but how about that make-up/wardrobe job.

The detective/mystery solving element to it is pure Scooby Doo, except that in Scooby Doo they usually got it right. She basically at one point or another accuses every other person in the bloody show of secretly being the bad guy, until you get to the point of oh it must be (spoiler) the boyfriend because he's the only one she hasn't accused.

Jenna Ortega is obviously brilliant, she does her best to carry it, and the love interest was excellent in Your Honor so he clearly knows what he's doing a bit. But, yeh, meh, disappointed. Even the setting was a bit underwhelming considering it's Burton thing (credit to him for being able to get through four hours of television without Johnny Depp and Helena Bonham Carter playing every role though).

This post has been edited by an administrator
Wednesday Adams on 13:14 - Dec 15 with 1628 viewsLazyFan

Wednesday Adams on 09:26 - Dec 15 by Northernr

I was a bit disappointed by it tbh. Got through it, but only as background noise while working, bit of fluff really. It's essentially a kids/teen show. I know Tim Burton is the headline here but he only directs four episodes, the showrunners (who really pull the strings on these things) are Miles Millar and Alfred Gough who previously did Smallville - and it shows. It's basically a CW show.

The whole original premise of the Adams Family was you set their behaviour and way of life off against 'normal people'. That was the whole point and the gag. They really only do that in this one in the first five minutes of the first episode, which not at all coincidentally is also the best bit.

Then they surround her with loads of other spooks and ghouls at which point her routine becomes a bit meh, and not that funny any more. And you have to start making concessions, like her falling in love, like her sympathising with the annoying room mate, which the character would just never do. Once you start breaking the rules of the character you've lost.

They then, because it's Netflix and there's so much money on the table, do eight episodes when it's really only worth four or five and have to start spinning out all sorts of convoluted nonsense to keep it going - oh look, episode six, here's Uncle Fester, to hang around for a couple of eps and contribute nothing at all but how about that make-up/wardrobe job.

The detective/mystery solving element to it is pure Scooby Doo, except that in Scooby Doo they usually got it right. She basically at one point or another accuses every other person in the bloody show of secretly being the bad guy, until you get to the point of oh it must be (spoiler) the boyfriend because he's the only one she hasn't accused.

Jenna Ortega is obviously brilliant, she does her best to carry it, and the love interest was excellent in Your Honor so he clearly knows what he's doing a bit. But, yeh, meh, disappointed. Even the setting was a bit underwhelming considering it's Burton thing (credit to him for being able to get through four hours of television without Johnny Depp and Helena Bonham Carter playing every role though).

This post has been edited by an administrator

The whole point of Scooby Doo is to debunk the paranormal with hard work and Science.

It is shown that a Gay Man, Pot-head draft dodger, Redhead Bimbo, Glasses Nerd and even a timid dog can discover there is no such thing as hocus pocus and in reality, it is people criminally frauding other people who did not follow the scientific approach. All you have to do is challenge the status quo to overcome your fears otherwise you will remain in fear!

It was also a side commentry on the Vietnam War, but mostly it's about debunking the so-called paranormal as being fake every time and it's easy to do as a bunch of "pesky kids" can do it you just have to try. Back in 1969 when it first aired this would of course challenged the status quo big time!

This is why for me it is the greatest cartoon show of all time. As it is highly educational for kids, making diversity, science and teamwork look cool. Which few kid shows can do even today as Scooby Doo stands the test of time.

zzzzzzzzzz

Wednesday Adams on 14:07 - Dec 15 with 1534 viewsTheChef

Wednesday Adams on 13:14 - Dec 15 by LazyFan

The whole point of Scooby Doo is to debunk the paranormal with hard work and Science.

It is shown that a Gay Man, Pot-head draft dodger, Redhead Bimbo, Glasses Nerd and even a timid dog can discover there is no such thing as hocus pocus and in reality, it is people criminally frauding other people who did not follow the scientific approach. All you have to do is challenge the status quo to overcome your fears otherwise you will remain in fear!

It was also a side commentry on the Vietnam War, but mostly it's about debunking the so-called paranormal as being fake every time and it's easy to do as a bunch of "pesky kids" can do it you just have to try. Back in 1969 when it first aired this would of course challenged the status quo big time!

This is why for me it is the greatest cartoon show of all time. As it is highly educational for kids, making diversity, science and teamwork look cool. Which few kid shows can do even today as Scooby Doo stands the test of time.

Fred is gay??

I think I need a lie down.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Wednesday Adams on 14:09 - Dec 15 with 1534 viewsconnell10

I liked the big sandwiches.

Login to get fewer ads

Wednesday Adams on 15:26 - Dec 15 with 1474 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Not sure how we got onto Scooby-do, but the real question should be Velma or Daphne?
I'm going Velma, under that orange polo jumper and big glasses is a wild woman waiting to get out.
Wednesday Adams on 15:29 - Dec 15 with 1471 viewsNorthernr

Wednesday Adams on 15:26 - Dec 15 by Wilkinswatercarrier

Not sure how we got onto Scooby-do, but the real question should be Velma or Daphne?
I'm going Velma, under that orange polo jumper and big glasses is a wild woman waiting to get out.

I think Velma and Daphne are into very specifically different things mate.
Wednesday Adams on 15:35 - Dec 15 with 1461 viewsconnell10

Wednesday Adams on 15:29 - Dec 15 by Northernr

And if it hadn't been for you meddling kids they would have got away with it !!

Wednesday Adams on 16:03 - Dec 15 with 1415 viewsTheChef

Wednesday Adams on 15:29 - Dec 15 by Northernr

I just assumed Daphne and Fred were an item.

I think I now need to re-assess my life.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Wednesday Adams on 20:31 - Dec 15 with 1304 viewsMick_S

Blimus. I missed a lot when I was 7. Thank goodness for that.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Wednesday Adams on 09:35 - Dec 16 with 1184 viewsEastR

yeah, and then they went and ruined it by introducing Scrappy

Poll: Is time up for Ainsworth?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024