Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Road to Wembley thread 10:43 - Jan 3 with 51901 viewsRangersDave

Yup, gone early on this one, however.......

I'm not so sure Fleetwood will be a pushover, especially with our .... unfit, tired, ill, useless, out of contract soon, (delete as appropriate) players.

With that in mind, i'm going 1-2 to the Rangers with Fleetwood scoring first and very early in the match.

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

Road to Wembley thread on 14:34 - Jan 7 with 3121 views1JD

Road to Wembley thread on 14:23 - Jan 7 by aston_hoop

Strong side that should beat Fleetwood comfortably.

I am going to have a small moan about 2 keepers on the bench though, why not use that spot for one of Dixon-Bonner, Aoraha, Hawkins, Gubbins, Drewe, Kolli, Pedder...someone with some potential who has impressed at the underage level?

The club / manager need to explain listing 2 x keepers on the bench as on the face of it, it doesn’t make any sense. Especially when we are meant to be bringing players through... For instance, Alex Aoraoha has been training with the first team for weeks.

I’m hoping there was a late pull out / illness in the travelling squad and they bumped up a spare keeper.

P.s. the u18s won again this morning. We beat top of the table Cardiff at Heston 3-2. Scorers, Kolli x2, Lawrence.
Road to Wembley thread on 14:35 - Jan 7 with 3075 viewsSonofpugwash

Road to Wembley thread on 14:05 - Jan 7 by colinallcars

Well, Jesus saves, so maybe two goalies will as well.

"Jesus saves but Thomas nets from rebound"
Says no one ever on an unprotected building wall.

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

Road to Wembley thread on 14:35 - Jan 7 with 3093 viewstraininvain

Road to Wembley thread on 14:29 - Jan 7 by dmm

And an interesting observation too.

BTW, Amos' contract expires this summer.

But all three loan players on the bench so presumably none of them have been recalled at this stage and it’s Critchley’s decision to rest them or another reason.

I don’t mean to be harsh on Amos as I know he’s had some serious injuries but this season has been a bit of a disaster for him. Similar story to last season. Unfortunately it’s difficult to see an argument to renew his contract in the summer.
[Post edited 7 Jan 2023 14:36]
Road to Wembley thread on 14:36 - Jan 7 with 3069 viewsdmm

Road to Wembley thread on 14:34 - Jan 7 by 1JD

The club / manager need to explain listing 2 x keepers on the bench as on the face of it, it doesn’t make any sense. Especially when we are meant to be bringing players through... For instance, Alex Aoraoha has been training with the first team for weeks.

I’m hoping there was a late pull out / illness in the travelling squad and they bumped up a spare keeper.

P.s. the u18s won again this morning. We beat top of the table Cardiff at Heston 3-2. Scorers, Kolli x2, Lawrence.

Kolli is looking like an exciting prospect
Road to Wembley thread on 14:37 - Jan 7 with 3052 viewsdannyblue

Where can I watch this game? doesn't appear to be on the offish
Road to Wembley thread on 14:38 - Jan 7 with 3032 viewsCLAREMAN1995

With Armstrong not starting I fear for his chances this season.Has he played even 1 minute unter the new Manager and if not why .
I know he cannot shoot for sh*t but he is a battering ram and could do some damage against this opposition.
Plus Dykes needs help he is taking too much punishment on his own .
Still I expect us to win by 2
Road to Wembley thread on 14:43 - Jan 7 with 2964 viewsPinnerPaul

Road to Wembley thread on 08:38 - Jan 6 by RangersDave

Well this just turned to crap quickly.

The weather forecast for Fleetwood tomorrow is horrid...

90% chance of heavy rain
85% Humidity
21 Mph wind

Will men from London turn up, or soft southerners? i'm now nervous about this one.
Thermals out and waiting for our 'big day'.

Most of our team are not from London, so we'll be fine!
Road to Wembley thread on 14:45 - Jan 7 with 2915 viewstraininvain

Road to Wembley thread on 14:38 - Jan 7 by CLAREMAN1995

With Armstrong not starting I fear for his chances this season.Has he played even 1 minute unter the new Manager and if not why .
I know he cannot shoot for sh*t but he is a battering ram and could do some damage against this opposition.

Three managers over the past 12 months haven’t really fancied Armstrong for one reason or another. Warburton didn’t use him at the end of last season when we were crying out for a striker. Beale gave him a chance earlier this season including a start vs Cardiff when he played well but then he was in and out of the squad. And now Critchley’s reluctant to give him minutes.

I wonder what’s going on in the background that we don’t know about. It all seems a bit odd.
Login to get fewer ads

Road to Wembley thread on 14:47 - Jan 7 with 2885 viewsstanistheman

Road to Wembley thread on 14:38 - Jan 7 by CLAREMAN1995

Ham & Lettuce as my son calls him is in the starting line up. We must have some serious injury problems with Balogun, Clarke Salter, Johansen and Amos all out.
Road to Wembley thread on 14:47 - Jan 7 with 2879 views1JD

Road to Wembley thread on 14:36 - Jan 7 by dmm

Kolli is looking like an exciting prospect

Don’t understand why he has not yet got a pro contract. Can be signed from 17 onwards. Hopefully it’s imminent.
Road to Wembley thread on 14:49 - Jan 7 with 2845 viewsPinnerPaul

Road to Wembley thread on 14:45 - Jan 7 by traininvain

Three managers over the past 12 months haven’t really fancied Armstrong for one reason or another. Warburton didn’t use him at the end of last season when we were crying out for a striker. Beale gave him a chance earlier this season including a start vs Cardiff when he played well but then he was in and out of the squad. And now Critchley’s reluctant to give him minutes.

I wonder what’s going on in the background that we don’t know about. It all seems a bit odd.

or 3 managers don't think he's good enough - that's not odd at any FC, just normal isn't it?
Road to Wembley thread on 14:50 - Jan 7 with 2814 viewsdmm

Road to Wembley thread on 14:47 - Jan 7 by 1JD

Don’t understand why he has not yet got a pro contract. Can be signed from 17 onwards. Hopefully it’s imminent.

Let's hope the delay isn't on his side because of other clubs showing interest.
Road to Wembley thread on 14:56 - Jan 7 with 2713 viewstraininvain

Road to Wembley thread on 14:49 - Jan 7 by PinnerPaul

or 3 managers don't think he's good enough - that's not odd at any FC, just normal isn't it?

I don’t think Armstrong’s the answer to all our problems by any stretch. The odd part is that he played well vs Cardiff and won the penalty early on but Beale didn’t use him much again afterwards.

And we had Warburton publicly criticising Armstrong’s agent last season. He’s in and out of the squad which is another strange one as we only have 2 or 3 strikers on the books.

Maybe it’s simply a case of the managers not rating him but feels like there’s more to it imo.
Road to Wembley thread on 14:59 - Jan 7 with 2617 viewsSpaghetti_Hoops

Road to Wembley thread on 14:35 - Jan 7 by traininvain

But all three loan players on the bench so presumably none of them have been recalled at this stage and it’s Critchley’s decision to rest them or another reason.

I don’t mean to be harsh on Amos as I know he’s had some serious injuries but this season has been a bit of a disaster for him. Similar story to last season. Unfortunately it’s difficult to see an argument to renew his contract in the summer.
[Post edited 7 Jan 2023 14:36]

Can't agree with this. Amos played in 33 games last season scoring 6 goals.

It's a shame he has had injuries early this season but for me he should get in ahead of Dozzell and Iroegbunam.

Enjoy watching Iroegbunam play but while he stylishly waltzes through opponents midfields he has no goals and only one penalty assist to show for it all. At the other end he is a defensive liability. When a goal is scored against us he is often standing next to the scorer either doing nothing or waving an ineffectual leg.

It's a moneyball thing. Amos doesn't look that good but is the more effective player.
Road to Wembley thread on 15:11 - Jan 7 with 2334 viewsThird_Division_South

Away from this game, Alfie Lloyd scores again
Road to Wembley thread on 15:17 - Jan 7 with 2099 viewsDylanP

Road to Wembley thread on 14:59 - Jan 7 by Spaghetti_Hoops

It's a shame he has had injuries early this season but for me he should get in ahead of Dozzell and Iroegbunam.

Enjoy watching Iroegbunam play but while he stylishly waltzes through opponents midfields he has no goals and only one penalty assist to show for it all. At the other end he is a defensive liability. When a goal is scored against us he is often standing next to the scorer either doing nothing or waving an ineffectual leg.

It's a moneyball thing. Amos doesn't look that good but is the more effective player.

If effectiveness is the rule, then what the hell is Dykes doing on the field?

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

Road to Wembley thread on 15:19 - Jan 7 with 2039 viewstraininvain

Road to Wembley thread on 14:59 - Jan 7 by Spaghetti_Hoops

The point is that Amos would get a chance more often if he was actually fit and available which invariably hasn’t been the case this season and much of last season.

It’s a shame because you’re quite right that Amos has goals in him and we can’t say that about many of our midfielders. But he’s too rarely available to be relied upon as a key member of the squad.
Road to Wembley thread on 15:19 - Jan 7 with 2018 viewsLogman

The game has all the makings of a customary 3rd round exit at the moment. No signs of us taking a grip as yet. For someone who has played so much professional football Adomah doesn't half look like a misfit at times.
Road to Wembley thread on 15:23 - Jan 7 with 1898 viewsE17hoop

Road to Wembley thread on 15:19 - Jan 7 by traininvain

The point is that Amos would get a chance more often if he was actually fit and available which invariably hasn’t been the case this season and much of last season.

It’s a shame because you’re quite right that Amos has goals in him and we can’t say that about many of our midfielders. But he’s too rarely available to be relied upon as a key member of the squad.

Field, Tim, and Johansen (when fit) are all ahead of Amos.

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: Championship Playoffs - who's going up?

Road to Wembley thread on 15:26 - Jan 7 with 1779 viewstraininvain

Road to Wembley thread on 15:23 - Jan 7 by E17hoop

Field, Tim, and Johansen (when fit) are all ahead of Amos.

Difficult to say as Amos hasn’t been available for a run of games long enough to compete for a first team place. One or two games here and there he appears on the bench or the odd start but I can’t recall a run of 4 or 5 games this season where Amos has been fit enough to be involved. And that’s the problem.

[Post edited 7 Jan 2023 15:29]
Road to Wembley thread on 15:26 - Jan 7 with 1780 viewsKerryE

It's a low key affair
Road to Wembley thread on 15:27 - Jan 7 with 1775 viewsE17hoop

We should keep the ball on the floor more. Dykes is finding it tough and all our best work has been on the floor.

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: Championship Playoffs - who's going up?

Road to Wembley thread on 15:28 - Jan 7 with 1726 viewsLogman

Road to Wembley thread on 15:19 - Jan 7 by Logman

The game has all the makings of a customary 3rd round exit at the moment. No signs of us taking a grip as yet. For someone who has played so much professional football Adomah doesn't half look like a misfit at times.

He isn't suited to the way we play at all (Adomah)

Will probably go and score now ..
Road to Wembley thread on 15:35 - Jan 7 with 1470 viewsSpaghetti_Hoops

Road to Wembley thread on 15:19 - Jan 7 by traininvain

Not true. My point was that he was fit for most of last season. Played more often than Field or Dozzell.
Road to Wembley thread on 15:38 - Jan 7 with 1330 viewsDieByYourSide

"A lot of sideways and backwards from QPR" notes the commentator with an air of surprise.

Can't have watched us much this season.

Poll: And it's hi ho

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024