Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wood and Ogbene 10:10 - Jan 17 with 1960 viewsDr_Parnassus

Some info I have received.

Wood is likely to come back into the starting line up against Bristol barring any last minute changes of tactics, Martin been working with him on defensive possession patterns this week in training, determined to make it work.

Ogbene has spoken with Obafemi about a potential move here, apparently they are good friends. Let’s say he wasn’t overly encouraging about playing here or flattering about Martin. Apparently his concerns about playing here is also playing a part in the move becoming extremely uncertain.

Don't shoot the messenger.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Wood and Ogbene on 11:03 - Jan 17 with 1851 viewsKeithHaynes

The training patterns you reference are always a giveaway.
We’ve predicted the line up completely based on that alone on recent weeks as you know. Makes you wonder what the opposition see as well. Ogbene is a ROI international as is Obafemi, Ogbene would be daft not to ask the question but be careful you could be accused of writing tripe 😂

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Wood and Ogbene on 11:10 - Jan 17 with 1825 viewsDr_Parnassus

Wood and Ogbene on 11:03 - Jan 17 by KeithHaynes

We’ve predicted the line up completely based on that alone on recent weeks as you know. Makes you wonder what the opposition see as well. Ogbene is a ROI international as is Obafemi, Ogbene would be daft not to ask the question but be careful you could be accused of writing tripe 😂

Agreed. Lots of nonsense gets thrown at people who put their heads above the parapet and share what they know. Always been the same on these forums, can get tiresome.

But I think we both know how strong each others sources are, that’s all that matters…

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Wood and Ogbene on 11:18 - Jan 17 with 1788 viewsNotLoyal

Wood and Ogbene on 11:03 - Jan 17 by KeithHaynes

As you said the other day, you write it, you stand by it, and you put your name to it.

And as we saw a year ago we are not afraid to take it right to the heart of those few who abuse from behind their safe computers. Proven track records are hard to find on any football website. Social media has a history, a dedicated reference point for all to see. As it did when those who threatened people one here failed to appear in April at Forest. They just continued their cowardice on Twitter and then three days after they failed to show they put photos of themselves at that game. You travelled a thousand miles to test their mettle, they didn’t even have the bottle to walk ten metres.

I know, I was there and saw the cowards running backwards.

As for Badlands today, total and utter clown who has been made more than welcome on here, and badlands he will always be. Because that’s the measure of these fools. They hide.
[Post edited 17 Jan 2023 11:19]

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Wood and Ogbene on 11:55 - Jan 17 with 1689 viewsBadlands

Why the obsession with Ogbene?
Stats for this season (all competition) show 7 goals and 2 assists … averaging a goal involvement every 207 minutes.
Liam Cullen
Stats for this season (all competition) show 6 goals and 2 assists … averaging a goal involvement every 72 minutes.
Admittedly in a lower division but
Morgan Whittaker
Stats for this season (all competition) show 9 goals and 7 assists … averaging a goal involvement every 127 minutes.
Ogbene appears to me to be a 'flavour of the month' transfer request from Martin.
IMO, Martin should do more to draw benefit from the players we have.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Wood and Ogbene on 12:07 - Jan 17 with 1649 viewsWhiterockin

Wood and Ogbene on 11:55 - Jan 17 by Badlands

Stats for this season (all competition) show 7 goals and 2 assists … averaging a goal involvement every 207 minutes.
Liam Cullen
Stats for this season (all competition) show 6 goals and 2 assists … averaging a goal involvement every 72 minutes.
Morgan Whittaker
Stats for this season (all competition) show 9 goals and 7 assists … averaging a goal involvement every 127 minutes.
Ogbene appears to me to be a 'flavour of the month' transfer request from Martin.

Ogbene has excellent strength and pace and can be a bit of a beast wide right. I think he would be a good addition to the squad as he offers something different. But not at £1M with 5 months left on his contract. Just my opinion of course.
Wood and Ogbene on 14:41 - Jan 17 with 1511 viewsReslovenSwan1

Wood and Ogbene on 11:55 - Jan 17 by Badlands

Liam Cullen
Morgan Whittaker

If Whittaker is as good as Beale says he must be comparable or better that these Illuminati.

Morelos, Colak, Kent, Tillman, Tom Lawrence and Kemar Roofe. Crikes.

Whitaker is under contract to 2025 and not on fantastic money. Swansea have let the dollar 'genie out of the bottle' again.

The problem the US owners have is their manager does not rate a player hugely rated by a coach with a much better pedigree in Beale. They cannot force Martin to develop this highly rated player.

This could be Goykeres mark II.
[Post edited 17 Jan 2023 15:03]

Wise sage since Toshack era

Wood and Ogbene on 17:03 - Jan 17 with 1349 viewsjack247

Wood and Ogbene on 12:07 - Jan 17 by Whiterockin

Ogbene has excellent strength and pace and can be a bit of a beast wide right. I think he would be a good addition to the squad as he offers something different. But not at £1M with 5 months left on his contract. Just my opinion of course.

Forgive my ignorance on Ogbene, but can he play full/wingback or is he an out and out winger?

Latibaudiere is probably the first teamer we need to replace as even in a back four, he’s asked to get forward a lot and it’s just not his strength.

If we bring in a winger who doesn’t defend, Martin isn’t going to play him there and I can’t see where he would fit without substantially changing our setup.
Wood and Ogbene on 17:13 - Jan 17 with 1313 viewsBadlands

Wood and Ogbene on 17:03 - Jan 17 by jack247

Forgive my ignorance on Ogbene, but can he play full/wingback or is he an out and out winger?

Latibaudiere is probably the first teamer we need to replace as even in a back four, he’s asked to get forward a lot and it’s just not his strength.

If we bring in a winger who doesn’t defend, Martin isn’t going to play him there and I can’t see where he would fit without substantially changing our setup.

Ogbene has only played this season as a striker, right wing and (twice) as a second strike.
I read that about him playing as a wing back so I can only assume Martin would bring him in and play him out of position.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Login to get fewer ads

Wood and Ogbene on 17:44 - Jan 17 with 1259 viewsjack247

Wood and Ogbene on 17:13 - Jan 17 by Badlands

Ogbene has only played this season as a striker, right wing and (twice) as a second strike.
I read that about him playing as a wing back so I can only assume Martin would bring him in and play him out of position.

You’d think, but if Martin was going to do that with a winger, he’d have done it with Oko-Flex? There was nothing wrong with that boy going forward.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024