Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Have any other previous owners spent more than these ones? 00:53 - Feb 2 with 5363 viewsDr_Parnassus

It’s a question I have asked on various threads but not getting an answer.

£10,000,000 of their own money, out of their own pockets has been put in my them so far and not listed as debt with it being converted to equity.

So who in our history has put in more of their own money than this ownership group?

I feel some toys being firmly dislodged from some prams over the last 48 hours calling them liars and all sorts.

Running the club at an even keel, an ability to source external cheap investment and ploughing a couple of million into transfers every season is exactly what we want isn’t it? Plus the support and time given to an uninspiring manager is also off the scale which is what people wanted…

If it isn’t then please let me know what it is we are wanting from the next owners.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Have any other previous owners spent more than these ones? on 00:56 - Feb 2 with 3534 viewsKeithHaynes

Do you honestly think one dollar of their own money has been spent on the club since they took over ?

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Have any other previous owners spent more than these ones? on 01:02 - Feb 2 with 3527 viewsDr_Parnassus

Certainly.

The investment sourced from Silverstein went towards the funding of the likes of Darling and Ntcham and allowed us the freedom to keep the likes of Piroe at the club, as well as fund contracts for the likes of Fulton.

Nobody has come close to putting in what they have done in the clubs history. So wanting them out because of a dry January window (when we managed to stave off poor bids from Rangers for one of our brightest young talents) seems a little misplaced.

The £10m converted loan note is a prime example of them putting their own money into the club, something I don’t expect of any owners as a pre requisite. It’s completely unique in our history.

Have any other previous owners spent more than these ones? on 01:34 - Feb 2 with 3517 viewsDr_Parnassus

But let’s say for one second you don’t believe they have… let’s leave that aside for arguments sake.

Who else has owned us and ploughed their own money into us, in our whole entire history?

The answer is nobody (to my knowledge at least).

So I just don’t know what people are realistically expecting, and why.

Have any other previous owners spent more than these ones? on 07:47 - Feb 2 with 3349 viewsmagicdaps10

No previous owners have been involved with the type of money they have seen being taken into the clubs bank account.

In terms of inflation and comparison then Struel certainly put more in, it can be said and rightly so that it was irresponsible looking back but these guys seem to be going to far the other way.

No other owner has spent as much money but no other owner has taken in as much either.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Have any other previous owners spent more than these ones? on 08:03 - Feb 2 with 3335 viewsDr_Parnassus

Have any other previous owners spent more than these ones? on 07:47 - Feb 2 by magicdaps10

No previous owners have been involved with the type of money they have seen being taken into the clubs bank account.

In terms of inflation and comparison then Struel certainly put more in, it can be said and rightly so that it was irresponsible looking back but these guys seem to be going to far the other way.

No other owner has spent as much money but no other owner has taken in as much either.

What do you mean by “taken in” money? You mean the club has generated that via sales etc?

You know that doesn’t go to the owners right? It goes to overheads.

I hope we aren’t going to be starting this silly narrative that the owners are illegally taking money out of the club. They can only do that 4 ways:

1. via dividends (which they haven’t because they have to be voted on, and lodged)
2. via salary - all salaries are listed
3. via interest on loans - they haven’t charged any, it’s a debt to equity conversion
4. via payment for services - Dineens vending machine contract, but they have to be tendered (don’t believe this is the case with the new owners).

So what is the accusation with the owners? They seem to be spending what we have while keeping us solvent.

Nothing is coming out of the club that shouldn’t be.

If we don’t have money, we don’t have it, what the club has generated is irrelevant if more goes out - which it does otherwise we wouldn’t have needed the £10m loan note.

Have any other previous owners spent more than these ones? on 08:06 - Feb 2 with 3324 viewsmagicdaps10

Have any other previous owners spent more than these ones? on 08:03 - Feb 2 by Dr_Parnassus

What do you mean by “taken in” money? You mean the club has generated that via sales etc?

I hope we aren’t going to be starting this silly narrative that the owners are illegally taking money out of the club. They can only do that 4 ways:

1. via dividends (which they haven’t because they have to be voted on, and lodged)
3. via interest on loans - they haven’t charged any, it’s a debt to equity conversion
4. via payment for services - Dineens vending machine contract, but they have to be tendered (don’t believe this is the case with the new owners).

So what is the accusation with the owners? They seem to be spending what we have while keeping us solvent.

If we don’t have money, we don’t have it, what the club has generated is irrelevant if more goes out - which it does otherwise we wouldn’t have needed the £10m loan note.

I know the money doesn't go to the owners, vo didn't say that it did but that allows more money to be spent.

We know this board won't spend unless money is taken in before hand.

Its like winning the top prize on the lottery, you will spend more once you have that money than you did before.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Have any other previous owners spent more than these ones? on 08:09 - Feb 2 with 3321 viewsDr_Parnassus

Have any other previous owners spent more than these ones? on 08:06 - Feb 2 by magicdaps10

I know the money doesn't go to the owners, vo didn't say that it did but that allows more money to be spent.

We know this board won't spend unless money is taken in before hand.

Its like winning the top prize on the lottery, you will spend more once you have that money than you did before.

It only allows more money to be spent on players if that money isn’t owed elsewhere. More money in doesn’t mean more is available.

If you win the lottery of £1m but you owe £980k out then you don’t really have much to spend.

If you win the lottery of £100k but are debt free then you have £100k to spend.

Have any other previous owners spent more than these ones? on 08:58 - Feb 2 with 3285 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

Our owner is up on a fraud charge. The other teams he owns are also floundering in their various leagues.

Why people are gullible enough to fall for their nonsense and stick up for these snake oil salesmen is beyond me.

Poll: We all dream of a managerial team of Alan Tates?

Login to get fewer ads

Have any other previous owners spent more than these ones? on 09:03 - Feb 2 with 3276 viewsDr_Parnassus

Have any other previous owners spent more than these ones? on 08:58 - Feb 2 by Joesus_Of_Narbereth

Our owner is up on a fraud charge. The other teams he owns are also floundering in their various leagues.

Why people are gullible enough to fall for their nonsense and stick up for these snake oil salesmen is beyond me.

But in terms of them owning Swansea, what is your exact complaint with them?

Considering we know they are looking to run us at break even.

Considering we know they spend millions on transfers every year.

Considering we know they don’t take money out of the club.

Is it simply that they live abroad?

Have any other previous owners spent more than these ones? on 10:50 - Feb 2 with 3221 viewswhiterock

Have any other previous owners spent more than these ones? on 09:03 - Feb 2 by Dr_Parnassus

But in terms of them owning Swansea, what is your exact complaint with them?

Considering we know they are looking to run us at break even.

Considering we know they spend millions on transfers every year.

Considering we know they don’t take money out of the club.

Is it simply that they live abroad?

To be fair, they are running us well, I didn't like the line that we have player(s) lined up and nothing came through but prefer to be run sustainable.
Fans demand that we spend, even if its not there, Swansea is different, it lives within its means.

Spend millions you haven't got = Ambition
Live within your means = Get out of our club
Have any other previous owners spent more than these ones? on 11:20 - Feb 2 with 3196 viewsBoundy

Have any other previous owners spent more than these ones? on 10:50 - Feb 2 by whiterock

To be fair, they are running us well, I didn't like the line that we have player(s) lined up and nothing came through but prefer to be run sustainable.
Fans demand that we spend, even if its not there, Swansea is different, it lives within its means.

Spend millions you haven't got = Ambition
Live within your means = Get out of our club

Totally agree
But do the owners work hard enough to promote and advance the Club , our sponsorship deals are quite poor,the rationship between the supporters and the owners even more so and the Trust well we all know how that went .The problem we have we're still paying the price of the final years of Jenkins reign which then rolled into the yanks first few years in charge instead on having valuable assets ,it appears we don't have pot to in .

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Have any other previous owners spent more than these ones? on 11:29 - Feb 2 with 3185 viewswhiterock

Have any other previous owners spent more than these ones? on 11:20 - Feb 2 by Boundy

Totally agree
But do the owners work hard enough to promote and advance the Club , our sponsorship deals are quite poor,the rationship between the supporters and the owners even more so and the Trust well we all know how that went .The problem we have we're still paying the price of the final years of Jenkins reign which then rolled into the yanks first few years in charge instead on having valuable assets ,it appears we don't have pot to in .

https://static1.squarespace.com/static/6047aabc7130e94a70ed3515/t/63d1b16979b826
Have any other previous owners spent more than these ones? on 12:40 - Feb 2 with 3128 viewsBoundy

Have any other previous owners spent more than these ones? on 11:29 - Feb 2 by whiterock

https://static1.squarespace.com/static/6047aabc7130e94a70ed3515/t/63d1b16979b826

Thanks for posting interesting figures and good to see where we are in terms of the sustainability though I'm not sure how fans engagement is measured

Have any other previous owners spent more than these ones? on 12:57 - Feb 2 with 3110 viewsjasper_T

Have any other previous owners spent more than these ones? on 08:03 - Feb 2 by Dr_Parnassus

My understanding is that the £13m CLN was interest-paying between the time the money arrived in the club's account and when £10m of it was converted to equity (which was at least a year iirc). The same with short-term bridging/cashflow loans they put in, they all involved "competitive" rates of interest being paid (similar to what banks would charge back when banks were willing to lend to us) until the debts were cleared.

Not the sort of thing that makes buying shares in a soon-to-be relegated football club worth it, or writing off £10m of new money added to the club, but I don't believe it's factual that they haven't charged interest.
Have any other previous owners spent more than these ones? on 13:00 - Feb 2 with 3104 viewsDr_Parnassus

Have any other previous owners spent more than these ones? on 12:57 - Feb 2 by jasper_T

My understanding is that the £13m CLN was interest-paying between the time the money arrived in the club's account and when £10m of it was converted to equity (which was at least a year iirc). The same with short-term bridging/cashflow loans they put in, they all involved "competitive" rates of interest being paid (similar to what banks would charge back when banks were willing to lend to us) until the debts were cleared.

Not the sort of thing that makes buying shares in a soon-to-be relegated football club worth it, or writing off £10m of new money added to the club, but I don't believe it's factual that they haven't charged interest.

The interest wouldn’t be chargeable.

I.e. written off or converted.

As far as we the fan is concerned (or the club for that matter) they did not have to pay any interest.

Have any other previous owners spent more than these ones? on 13:03 - Feb 2 with 3095 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

Have any other previous owners spent more than these ones? on 11:20 - Feb 2 by Boundy

Totally agree

It’s the complete absenteeism and apathy that annoys me. The fact is we are just a tiny and insignificant part of a bigger portfolio. Their concern is the portfolio as a whole. They will never have the inclination to focus on this football club.

Poll: We all dream of a managerial team of Alan Tates?

Have any other previous owners spent more than these ones? on 13:13 - Feb 2 with 3086 viewsReslovenSwan1

Have any other previous owners spent more than these ones? on 13:00 - Feb 2 by Dr_Parnassus

The interest wouldn’t be chargeable.

I.e. written off or converted.

As far as we the fan is concerned (or the club for that matter) they did not have to pay any interest.

We know that Silverstein has converted because it was reported on the web site. THe is now a director and shareholder. His was reported to be £5m. The other £5m or £8m (suggested by Winter) may still be outstanding.

The Levien group 'match funded' so I assume put in another £5m. I have not seen anywhere that this has been converted. Once the outstanding is converted the SCST is due a cheque of £500k. No no ews on that either so I assume Levien and other have not yet converted.

I believe Martin has a lot of work to do to earn a new contract. 8th or above. I have backed him and taken his assurances in good faith, He now has to deliver. Excuses do not cut it.

Whitaker returning was a tank put on Martin's lawn. Patterson needs a run up Pen y Fan. twice.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Have any other previous owners spent more than these ones? on 16:51 - Feb 2 with 3030 viewsBoundy

Have any other previous owners spent more than these ones? on 13:03 - Feb 2 by Joesus_Of_Narbereth

It’s the complete absenteeism and apathy that annoys me. The fact is we are just a tiny and insignificant part of a bigger portfolio. Their concern is the portfolio as a whole. They will never have the inclination to focus on this football club.

I know , they've no interest in the Club as long as it doesn't sink and not because we fail but they fail , compare Wrexhams new owners to ours , regardless of their financial input they seem to genuinely enjoy what they've bought into . Time will tell whether they make a go of it but to have just modicum of their enthusiasm from the our yanks could raise the spirits but its silence , the only one as far as I'm aware who've made a comment is the trust which as we know means nought

Have any other previous owners spent more than these ones? on 17:43 - Feb 2 with 3003 viewsReslovenSwan1

Have any other previous owners spent more than these ones? on 16:51 - Feb 2 by Boundy

I know , they've no interest in the Club as long as it doesn't sink and not because we fail but they fail , compare Wrexhams new owners to ours , regardless of their financial input they seem to genuinely enjoy what they've bought into . Time will tell whether they make a go of it but to have just modicum of their enthusiasm from the our yanks could raise the spirits but its silence , the only one as far as I'm aware who've made a comment is the trust which as we know means nought

I do not buy this. Silverstein has been here for weeks o two occasions and responded to fan criticism as the Company and an owner. He has spoken dirctly to fans formally and informely. The others are referred routinely as "Yanks" which might suggest to them there is not much of a welcome. They directed I believe a cheque to close the court case farce when I believe they could have squashed the Trust without paying a bean. The Trust have more payment if the club gets to the PL.

Wrexham fans have been seduced by celebrity status. it does not affect me as I had never heard of them They are also professional funny men and performers. They get a free seat next to Gary Lineker.

There is no money about. that is it. The players available did not meet the remit. I would have liked to see a signing like Wasiri Williams but more developed and ready to play right now. Are Swansea scouting in the right areas. Buy a player the manager does not like and he does not play.

Have any other previous owners spent more than these ones? on 17:48 - Feb 2 with 3000 viewsjohnlangy

It's well known that the Swans are a solvent Club with not much debt. You could argue that that is the owner's main achievement. But now that we're in a sound financial state I expect a different attitude.

In my opinion if we had got in a decent forward who actually wanted to play for our Club plus a good dedicated right back that would very likely have made all the difference between making the play offs and not. If we had got Ogbene and Key for example.

We know we're getting £4 million at the end of the season for Obafemi. Even if it's down to Burnley getting promoted it's almost certain that they will. What with that money and the saving on Oba's wages plus the wage savings on the other leavers there is/was more than enough money to get those deals done. And we would still have been up a couple of million.

So why didn't they sanction those deals ? They wouldn't have had to spend a penny of their own money. And getting them in would have resulted in a probably far better end to the season with better gates and possibly play off money as well.

I don't understand it and i'm peed off.
Have any other previous owners spent more than these ones? on 17:51 - Feb 2 with 2997 viewsonehunglow

Have any other previous owners spent more than these ones? on 17:48 - Feb 2 by johnlangy

It's well known that the Swans are a solvent Club with not much debt. You could argue that that is the owner's main achievement. But now that we're in a sound financial state I expect a different attitude.

In my opinion if we had got in a decent forward who actually wanted to play for our Club plus a good dedicated right back that would very likely have made all the difference between making the play offs and not. If we had got Ogbene and Key for example.

We know we're getting £4 million at the end of the season for Obafemi. Even if it's down to Burnley getting promoted it's almost certain that they will. What with that money and the saving on Oba's wages plus the wage savings on the other leavers there is/was more than enough money to get those deals done. And we would still have been up a couple of million.

So why didn't they sanction those deals ? They wouldn't have had to spend a penny of their own money. And getting them in would have resulted in a probably far better end to the season with better gates and possibly play off money as well.

Great posting
I would suggest we really would be a good club to buy

Large fan base
Passion bubbling underneath
Massive potential
no competition
Relatively little debt

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Have any other previous owners spent more than these ones? on 18:11 - Feb 2 with 2977 viewsReslovenSwan1

Have any other previous owners spent more than these ones? on 17:48 - Feb 2 by johnlangy

The owners have bought into the Russel long term plan of gradual iterative improvements and progress. The main key indicators do not suggest much progress points, goals for and against for example but that is for an assessment at the end of the season.

They might have assessed if it is better to spend now or better to spend in the summer when there are better option Ogbene is free, Key is still available. Obafemi money comes in and Manning and Latibeaudiere probably are gone. Manning and Latibeaudiere were not pushed to the door. They came cheap and will leave for nothing. Replace them when they needs replacing and not before.

I do not believe Martin can get this team to the play offs. The mentality is not quite there. Martin needs to present a clear sign that this team can be top six before there is a bigger investment. Being top 8 this season would do that.

Have any other previous owners spent more than these ones? on 18:31 - Feb 2 with 2965 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Have any other previous owners spent more than these ones? on 17:51 - Feb 2 by onehunglow

Great posting
I would suggest we really would be a good club to buy

Large fan base
Passion bubbling underneath
Massive potential
no competition
Relatively little debt

Our only competition are the egg chaser who share the ground even if they only average 7000 these days.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Have any other previous owners spent more than these ones? on 18:55 - Feb 2 with 2943 viewsBadlands

The nearest was Mel Nurse.
But of the current shareholders only the American consortium has come up with anything.
Because of the Trust publicly saying they would never sell their shares we probably put off any and every other group that might have taken us on.
But hey, it os our right to be top three Premier League, winning trophies every year and the 'owners' handing over 100s of £millions. The likes of Messi, Mbape, Modric and De Bruyne should be queueing up to sit on our bench.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Have any other previous owners spent more than these ones? on 19:30 - Feb 2 with 2921 viewsBoundy

Have any other previous owners spent more than these ones? on 18:55 - Feb 2 by Badlands

The nearest was Mel Nurse.
But of the current shareholders only the American consortium has come up with anything.
Because of the Trust publicly saying they would never sell their shares we probably put off any and every other group that might have taken us on.
But hey, it os our right to be top three Premier League, winning trophies every year and the 'owners' handing over 100s of £millions. The likes of Messi, Mbape, Modric and De Bruyne should be queueing up to sit on our bench.

You keep banging the same drum about PL status , no one has to the best of my knowledge has posted that we are entitled to be there playing, what's been posted is what appears to be the lack of direction to get us there , it looks like your ambition for the Club is to plateau at Championship level and be grateful for it

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024