Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Russ admits his presser has upset owners 18:57 - Feb 4 with 5419 viewsguthrieintherain

BBC reporting that he has spoken to the owners since the pre match press conference.

Russ said it seems my comments have upset people I will have to deal with the repurcussions of that.

Make of that what you will.
But looking like his honesty will come back to bite him.

Poll: What will happen with Morgan Whittaker

Russ admits his presser has upset owners on 19:04 - Feb 4 with 4274 viewsBarryTownSwam

Which echoes my personal take on things at the time of his interview. I wrote in a post that there’s only gonna be one winner in a battle between owners and manager, especially a manager who’s team consistently underachieves, and that winner won’t be Russ.
Russ admits his presser has upset owners on 19:11 - Feb 4 with 4233 viewsQJumpingJack

Martin will be gone by the Summer at the very latest.
Maybe "mutual consent" - 24 hours after the final game of the season?
Russ admits his presser has upset owners on 19:26 - Feb 4 with 4170 viewsSirjohnalot

Russ admits his presser has upset owners on 19:11 - Feb 4 by QJumpingJack

Martin will be gone by the Summer at the very latest.
Maybe "mutual consent" - 24 hours after the final game of the season?

Or does he think they’re selling up ?
Russ admits his presser has upset owners on 19:35 - Feb 4 with 4131 viewsswan65split

Russ admits his presser has upset owners on 19:26 - Feb 4 by Sirjohnalot

Not by his demeanour at the end of todays game.

Its going to be a very trying period for the club IMO

On the anniversary of the departure of Laudrup.
Russ admits his presser has upset owners on 19:38 - Feb 4 with 4101 viewsKeithHaynes

And all the few on here can do is attack the good work of people who care about Swansea City.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Russ admits his presser has upset owners on 19:40 - Feb 4 with 4073 viewsSirjohnalot

Shows how much he cares about the club
Russ admits his presser has upset owners on 19:42 - Feb 4 with 4058 viewsReslovenSwan1

They have been selling up for 6 years. A "quip flip" was often referred to by the forum sages.

Martin is now faced with the fact his principles are not working in the championship. Millwall was 2-0 down and got two late headed own goals by Wood and Darling. Millwall had been outclassed and should have been out of sight.

It happened too often last season ABFC and Reading went for the throat and Swansea defence crumbled.

Need a physical fullback? Sure Matthew Sorinola is not it. Martin's talk of needing time and training period is not being translated into wins. Games and points are being throw away casually with the "we will learn and look at it".

Swansea had tough nut Monk and Williams they did not get bullied by anyone. Nothing wrong with a 6 ft 5 in keeper either.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Russ admits his presser has upset owners on 19:44 - Feb 4 with 4051 viewsJack11

From choosing war with the owners, making all subs one by one by 70 odd mins and taking off a striker on a hat-trick you can only come to one conclusion. He’s using the football manager equivalent of death by cop. He has said he won’t walk but he’s following the playbook of a manager who wants out.
Login to get fewer ads

Russ admits his presser has upset owners on 19:44 - Feb 4 with 4051 viewsAnotherJohn

Russ admits his presser has upset owners on 19:35 - Feb 4 by swan65split

Not by his demeanour at the end of todays game.

Its going to be a very trying period for the club IMO

On the anniversary of the departure of Laudrup.

I was just thinking at around 5.00pm today that that 2-0 defeat at West Ham that preceded Laudrup's sacking was nothing compared with what happened today. There have been many lows since relegation, but this was probably the nadir.
Russ admits his presser has upset owners on 19:45 - Feb 4 with 4048 viewsmagicdaps10

Whatever anyone thinks about Russell Martin, he stood up and spoke out about these clowns running the club.........the guy speaks his mind, it will likely get him in trouble but it shows he cares.

We have had too many lies from people so it's refreshing to hear someone being honest.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Russ admits his presser has upset owners on 19:48 - Feb 4 with 4010 viewsDr_Parnassus

Russ admits his presser has upset owners on 19:45 - Feb 4 by magicdaps10

Whatever anyone thinks about Russell Martin, he stood up and spoke out about these clowns running the club.........the guy speaks his mind, it will likely get him in trouble but it shows he cares.

We have had too many lies from people so it's refreshing to hear someone being honest.

What sort of lies are you talking about exactly?

Russell’s job this week was a simple one, to show unity and togetherness throughout the club, unfortunately he took the option to absolve himself from any culpability of past, current or future issues and decided to create an us vs them situation.

He cares about himself, not the club. That was not in the best interests of the club, it was self serving.

These owners are running the club well, some errors in places of course, but their main remit is to ensure we have a good squad and a healthy financial situation - we have both.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Russ admits his presser has upset owners on 19:49 - Feb 4 with 4018 viewsSullutaCreturned

Even if they do sell up will the new owners want Martin in charge?

I'll repeat my opinion that despite everything we have a good enough team to be doing better IF we were managed effectively.

The wing back stuff, the suicidal football at the back, it has to stop (as does the silly goal kick routine that nearly always puts us in danger) and we have to be quicker going forward. it's simple stuff really and any deent manager would already have eliminated that which doesn't work.

Whatever happens I don't see Russ being here next season. I doubt he'll quit though, he'll wait to be sacked so he gets a pay off. or maybe he's more honourable than that and will tell the owners to stuff it where the sun don't shine. I think I may already have done that if in his position.
Russ admits his presser has upset owners on 19:51 - Feb 4 with 3996 viewsunion_jack

Russ admits his presser has upset owners on 19:42 - Feb 4 by ReslovenSwan1

They have been selling up for 6 years. A "quip flip" was often referred to by the forum sages.

Martin is now faced with the fact his principles are not working in the championship. Millwall was 2-0 down and got two late headed own goals by Wood and Darling. Millwall had been outclassed and should have been out of sight.

It happened too often last season ABFC and Reading went for the throat and Swansea defence crumbled.

Need a physical fullback? Sure Matthew Sorinola is not it. Martin's talk of needing time and training period is not being translated into wins. Games and points are being throw away casually with the "we will learn and look at it".

Swansea had tough nut Monk and Williams they did not get bullied by anyone. Nothing wrong with a 6 ft 5 in keeper either.

This post was a bit like rocking horse poop for 2 reasons:

1. I agree with you
2. You didn’t mention the Trust

😁

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Russ admits his presser has upset owners on 19:52 - Feb 4 with 3995 viewsQJumpingJack

Martin looks broken in the post match interview.

I wonder if he has the fight to carry on?
Russ admits his presser has upset owners on 19:57 - Feb 4 with 3956 viewsBarrySwan

So Swansea City what was it that attracted you to a manager whose managerial career amounted to 19th and 13th in the third division before you swooped to capture the signature of such an exciting emerging talent?
Russ admits his presser has upset owners on 20:11 - Feb 4 with 3850 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Stuff the caring, whoever it is for, the club needs managerial competence.
Russ admits his presser has upset owners on 20:13 - Feb 4 with 3832 viewsKeithHaynes

Russ admits his presser has upset owners on 19:57 - Feb 4 by BarrySwan

So Swansea City what was it that attracted you to a manager whose managerial career amounted to 19th and 13th in the third division before you swooped to capture the signature of such an exciting emerging talent?

For me the fact had he been supported more, it may well have worked.

Russ admits his presser has upset owners on 20:16 - Feb 4 with 3806 viewstheloneranger

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Russ admits his presser has upset owners on 20:21 - Feb 4 with 3767 viewsBarrySwan

Russ admits his presser has upset owners on 20:13 - Feb 4 by KeithHaynes

Surely the fact that he failed to recognise that he has a collection of defenders who talent wise are even slower of deed than thought but yet continued to persuade them to attempt to play a skilful passing game that they are clearly nowhere good enough to successfully achieve in any way shape or form hints at a reason why he should not have been appointed or left in the post for so long anyway.
Russ admits his presser has upset owners on 20:23 - Feb 4 with 3748 viewsDr_Parnassus

Russ admits his presser has upset owners on 20:13 - Feb 4 by KeithHaynes

I still fail to see how he could have been supported any more than he has.

A couple of faces in this window, probably. (Although the names mentioned don’t convince me that anything would change). But that was never going to change what we have seen for the last 18 months and counting.

The time he’s been given, the freedom he’s been given, the support to buy/bring in players from his old club (Sorinola, Laird, Fisher, Darling) - many of which end up on the bench… I can’t think of another manager been supported more, especially when he returns so little.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Russ admits his presser has upset owners on 20:24 - Feb 4 with 3751 viewsKeithHaynes

Russ admits his presser has upset owners on 20:21 - Feb 4 by BarrySwan

Surely the fact that he failed to recognise that he has a collection of defenders who talent wise are even slower of deed than thought but yet continued to persuade them to attempt to play a skilful passing game that they are clearly nowhere good enough to successfully achieve in any way shape or form hints at a reason why he should not have been appointed or left in the post for so long anyway.

His appointment was very brave, now tonight the fact he is still at Swansea could well be a point.

Russ admits his presser has upset owners on 20:35 - Feb 4 with 3688 viewsonehunglow

Speaks his mind!
Like Pato and Obefemi are “ great people”

New owners would fire him instantly

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Russ admits his presser has upset owners on 20:40 - Feb 4 with 3644 viewsWhiterockin

Russ admits his presser has upset owners on 20:35 - Feb 4 by onehunglow

Speaks his mind!
Like Pato and Obefemi are “ great people”

New owners would fire him instantly

Depends if you bought the club.

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

Russ admits his presser has upset owners on 20:43 - Feb 4 with 3602 viewsfbreath

Is he genuinely gutted or is he a good actor. Doesn’t he have a background as a salesman or salesperson as we have to call them now

We are the first Welsh club to reach the Premier League Simples

Russ admits his presser has upset owners on 20:47 - Feb 4 with 3548 viewsReslovenSwan1

He speaks too much for his own good including the comment that Swansea might have lost or drawn because they were stale "after the young men celebrated too much" after the Cardiff game.

The US people might ask where the Welsh money is including the Trust who have £1m on account.

The subs fiasco shows me his assistants are not up to it either. Did not KoL or Matt Gill help him out while he is under normal match stress. That is what they re there for,

Wise sage since Toshack era

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024