Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Let’s preemptively put the excuses to bed before they are made. 21:41 - Feb 21 with 3718 viewsDr_Parnassus

What are they going to be tonight?

- I sense a snide jibe at the supporters while masking it with “they have every right” or something.

- The ref is going to get some blame for giving out yellow cards.

- The players are going to get blamed despite being made to play his awful way. We didn’t miss a load of great chances and Stoke deservedly beat us.

0.94 xG vs 2.80 xG (quite incredible).

That’s my guess as to the three pronged blame game at the end of it. Couldn’t possibly be him you see. Despite hauling off his star signing after 30 mins and making the same suicidal mistakes he made in game 1.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Let’s preemptively put the excuses to bed before they are made. on 21:48 - Feb 21 with 3028 viewsunion_jack

That subbing of Darling seemed like the actions of a man who feels the end is nigh. He was making a decision to show how tough he can be and not afraid to make bold decisions.

Darling wasn’t playing well but taking him off so early is likely to affect his confidence. You rarely see it happening.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Let’s preemptively put the excuses to bed before they are made. on 21:54 - Feb 21 with 2975 viewsmagicdaps10

Can't be any excuses after that!

Defensively we are shocking as it stands.....first 2 goals were disgusting.
Every ball played forward was picked up by a Stoke player........was to easy for them and it was down to us.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Let’s preemptively put the excuses to bed before they are made. on 21:58 - Feb 21 with 2932 viewscockett_jack

As a supporter of Martin I think it’s now not looking good with the writing more or less on the wall (subject to what our shit owners decide to do) and it’s now I feel like he’s lost the dressing room probably. I say that now rather than prior to now because I don’t think our players are that great and have (I’m crazy, I know) put the blame mostly on the 11 geezers on the pitch kicking the ball around.
Let’s preemptively put the excuses to bed before they are made. on 22:05 - Feb 21 with 2891 viewsDr_Parnassus

Let’s preemptively put the excuses to bed before they are made. on 21:58 - Feb 21 by cockett_jack

As a supporter of Martin I think it’s now not looking good with the writing more or less on the wall (subject to what our shit owners decide to do) and it’s now I feel like he’s lost the dressing room probably. I say that now rather than prior to now because I don’t think our players are that great and have (I’m crazy, I know) put the blame mostly on the 11 geezers on the pitch kicking the ball around.

Pretty much the same core in the side that were in the play offs.

Fulton, Naughton, Cullen, Manning and Grimes.

Except we have the added talent of Piroe, Allen, Benda, Whittaker, Darling, Ntcham, Pato, Obafemi.

It’s just he decides to only use some of them and others he has no idea how to get the best out of.
[Post edited 21 Feb 2023 22:06]

Let’s preemptively put the excuses to bed before they are made. on 22:06 - Feb 21 with 2884 viewsScotia

Let’s preemptively put the excuses to bed before they are made. on 21:54 - Feb 21 by magicdaps10

Can't be any excuses after that!

Defensively we are shocking as it stands.....first 2 goals were disgusting.
Every ball played forward was picked up by a Stoke player........was to easy for them and it was down to us.

That third goal given away by his revolutionary keeper too.

Genuinely, I think and given the circumstances, the worst manager we've had since Kevin Cullis.

Bring in Alan, Cameron, Leon or anyone until the end of the season. They won't do any worse.

We're not a million miles away from the Southend situation.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Let’s preemptively put the excuses to bed before they are made. on 22:26 - Feb 21 with 2793 viewsDr_Winston

Let’s preemptively put the excuses to bed before they are made. on 21:48 - Feb 21 by union_jack

That subbing of Darling seemed like the actions of a man who feels the end is nigh. He was making a decision to show how tough he can be and not afraid to make bold decisions.

Darling wasn’t playing well but taking him off so early is likely to affect his confidence. You rarely see it happening.

The entire side is lacking in confidence and playing like it. We sorely need a change.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Let’s preemptively put the excuses to bed before they are made. on 22:34 - Feb 21 with 2766 viewslifelong

Let’s preemptively put the excuses to bed before they are made. on 22:26 - Feb 21 by Dr_Winston

The entire side is lacking in confidence and playing like it. We sorely need a change.

We are obviously in deep trouble, we may have accumulated enough points to stay up but it could go close.
Let’s preemptively put the excuses to bed before they are made. on 22:36 - Feb 21 with 2761 viewsBoundy

Let’s preemptively put the excuses to bed before they are made. on 22:26 - Feb 21 by Dr_Winston

I'd say desperate now for a change , I really can't see where our next points are going to come from and March is daunting and I can't see how Martin can pull us out of a hole of his making

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Login to get fewer ads

Let’s preemptively put the excuses to bed before they are made. on 22:37 - Feb 21 with 2742 viewsDr_Parnassus

Let’s preemptively put the excuses to bed before they are made. on 22:06 - Feb 21 by Scotia

Genuinely, I think and given the circumstances, the worst manager we've had since Kevin Cullis.

Bring in Alan, Cameron, Leon or anyone until the end of the season. They won't do any worse.

I genuinely can’t think of a worse manager. Probably going back to Colin Addison or someone like that.

I don’t even think it’s fair to Bob Bradley to mention them both in the same sentence, Bob has done far more in the game.

I have never, in all my decades of watching this game, seen a man so hell bent on playing a way that he clearly doesn’t understand.

The fact we still play with no width and he’s sent every wide player away is staggering to me.

Mark my words it will be among the first changes a new manager will make, along with the ridiculous passing round our own box.

Let’s preemptively put the excuses to bed before they are made. on 22:38 - Feb 21 with 2727 viewspencoedjack

Let’s preemptively put the excuses to bed before they are made. on 22:34 - Feb 21 by lifelong

We are obviously in deep trouble, we may have accumulated enough points to stay up but it could go close.

You are more optimistic than me lifelong.

I genuinely believe unless we get rid of Martin we will get relegated.
Let’s preemptively put the excuses to bed before they are made. on 22:40 - Feb 21 with 2724 viewsmagicdaps10

Let’s preemptively put the excuses to bed before they are made. on 22:06 - Feb 21 by Scotia

I feel sorry for him but he isn't helping himself at the moment.......he us a young 37yr old manager and I think that is showing, I think this is a situation he isn't able to get control of.

I have been able to accept the mistakes when playing the ball out the back but this is just basic defensive play that is costing us and it was criminal tonight.

I don't think Fisher actually helps the defensive situation either, no command of his area and creates more panic........if Benda was playing tonight then he comes for a few of those crosses tonight.

Every time the ball is played towards our back line, we lost the majority of headers and very rarely picked up the 2nd ball.

Let’s preemptively put the excuses to bed before they are made. on 22:41 - Feb 21 with 2712 viewsReslovenSwan1

Swansea are miles from the Southend situation. There are several things fans on the forum do not understand.

a) Firstly the owners do invest and invested heavily in Martin and the club £16m according to Silverstein. I believe him. He is an honest fellow in my opinion. I do no judge people on their passports but I would be very of trusting any Welsh committee with my money.

b) Martin promised what Jenkins delivered. Success on the field on a budget. Swansea could not afford to buy 2009 Jordi Gomez and let De Vries go when wanted what Manning wants today £17k a week. (allegedly).

c) The owners are actually very, very rich at least in valuation terms. Running into Billions. Any suggestions they are small fry (by Welsh standards) are false.

d) The owners did not back Martin in January and expect him to adapt. The Owners will not be impressed that the goal threat of tonight was a player Martin wanted to leave in league 1.

e) The owners care more about the club than the fans do. The Fans are owners 21% and they do not invest in the club at all and leave £1m in Santander. Why? Keeping £1m in a current account with 10% inflation is monetary dim in the extreme.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Let’s preemptively put the excuses to bed before they are made. on 22:59 - Feb 21 with 2617 viewsTreforys_Jack

Let’s preemptively put the excuses to bed before they are made. on 22:40 - Feb 21 by magicdaps10

I feel sorry for him but he isn't helping himself at the moment.......he us a young 37yr old manager and I think that is showing, I think this is a situation he isn't able to get control of.

I have been able to accept the mistakes when playing the ball out the back but this is just basic defensive play that is costing us and it was criminal tonight.

I don't think Fisher actually helps the defensive situation either, no command of his area and creates more panic........if Benda was playing tonight then he comes for a few of those crosses tonight.

Every time the ball is played towards our back line, we lost the majority of headers and very rarely picked up the 2nd ball.

Why do you feel sorry for him ? That's bizarre
Let’s preemptively put the excuses to bed before they are made. on 23:02 - Feb 21 with 2605 viewsDr_Winston

Let’s preemptively put the excuses to bed before they are made. on 22:59 - Feb 21 by Treforys_Jack

I wouldn't feel sorry for Russell Martin. He could take several years off work if he needed to with the severance package he'll get for being an absolute failure.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Let’s preemptively put the excuses to bed before they are made. on 23:02 - Feb 21 with 2603 viewslifelong

Let’s preemptively put the excuses to bed before they are made. on 22:38 - Feb 21 by pencoedjack

I’m trying to retain a morsel of positivity but it’s not easy.
Let’s preemptively put the excuses to bed before they are made. on 23:15 - Feb 21 with 2535 viewsraynor94

Let’s preemptively put the excuses to bed before they are made. on 22:38 - Feb 21 by pencoedjack

I know it's hard to accept, but surely we can win 3 and draw a couple

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Let’s preemptively put the excuses to bed before they are made. on 23:25 - Feb 21 with 2513 viewsmagicdaps10

Let’s preemptively put the excuses to bed before they are made. on 22:59 - Feb 21 by Treforys_Jack

He is a broken man, a young man and I think the end is close unfortunately for him.

I suppose its a bit of compassion from myself, maybe having a bit of compassion for people suffering is strange in some eyes.

Let’s preemptively put the excuses to bed before they are made. on 23:33 - Feb 21 with 2480 viewsSTID2017

It has that feel about it.
Relegation beckons.
However assuming we avoid it and have a new manager in situ, the owners need to take an active interest or we will be relegated next season

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Let’s preemptively put the excuses to bed before they are made. on 23:33 - Feb 21 with 2477 viewsTreforys_Jack

Let’s preemptively put the excuses to bed before they are made. on 23:25 - Feb 21 by magicdaps10

He is a broken man, a young man and I think the end is close unfortunately for him.

I suppose its a bit of compassion from myself, maybe having a bit of compassion for people suffering is strange in some eyes.

Compassion is fine, but his issues are all self inflicted, and his refusal to adapt or learn have contributed to this point in his career.
Let’s preemptively put the excuses to bed before they are made. on 04:43 - Feb 22 with 2357 viewsjack247

There aren’t any excuses left for Russell Martin unfortunately. That’s two of the worst home games I can remember on the bounce.

The owners need to bite the bullet, bring a new manager in and give him the last quarter of the season. Hit the ground running for the next one.
Let’s preemptively put the excuses to bed before they are made. on 06:38 - Feb 22 with 2303 viewsvetchonian

Let’s preemptively put the excuses to bed before they are made. on 23:25 - Feb 21 by magicdaps10

I have no problem with compassion but he is where he us because of his arrogance and stubbornness...not learning

we all can see using a back 5 doesnt work and yet he persists despite more success when using a flat back 4
that short goal kick it reappeared last night

the guy is inept in any other walk of life he would have been performance managed out of the role.
As Doc W said he will do ok from his severance package

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Let’s preemptively put the excuses to bed before they are made. on 08:02 - Feb 22 with 2208 viewsjack247

Let’s preemptively put the excuses to bed before they are made. on 06:38 - Feb 22 by vetchonian

I have no problem with compassion but he is where he us because of his arrogance and stubbornness...not learning

we all can see using a back 5 doesnt work and yet he persists despite more success when using a flat back 4
that short goal kick it reappeared last night

the guy is inept in any other walk of life he would have been performance managed out of the role.
As Doc W said he will do ok from his severance package

The short goal kick came back because they were pressing us with four or five players at times.

In theory, it should work a treat against teams who do that. As always, our problem is when we do manage to play around them and take players out of the game, we are way too slow getting forward. We either run out of options and go back, or we’re so slow, opponents get back into position. Either way it negates any advantage we’ve created by passing it around dangerous areas.
Let’s preemptively put the excuses to bed before they are made. on 08:10 - Feb 22 with 2204 viewsDr_Winston

Let’s preemptively put the excuses to bed before they are made. on 08:02 - Feb 22 by jack247

The short goal kick came back because they were pressing us with four or five players at times.

In theory, it should work a treat against teams who do that. As always, our problem is when we do manage to play around them and take players out of the game, we are way too slow getting forward. We either run out of options and go back, or we’re so slow, opponents get back into position. Either way it negates any advantage we’ve created by passing it around dangerous areas.

There are short goal kicks, and there are short goal kicks like we play.

Taking a short goal kick is fine when the keeper spots an opening and wants to to try and exploit that. Taking a short goal kick when three or four opposition players are just outside our box, chops slobbering in anticipation of the panic to come perhaps less so.

Let’s preemptively put the excuses to bed before they are made. on 08:34 - Feb 22 with 2159 viewsshingle

Why feel sorry for him not many who are about to lose there job because they can not do it have the luxury of a nice pay off.
Let’s preemptively put the excuses to bed before they are made. on 08:44 - Feb 22 with 2139 viewsunion_jack

Let’s preemptively put the excuses to bed before they are made. on 08:02 - Feb 22 by jack247

Perfectly put.

Our lack of pace means the short ball at the back is useless. However, a lack of pace prevents us from doing most things unfortunately. We can’t lump it into the box Cardiff style because we don’t have the height. In fact we’ve got a poor combination of attributes - no pace, no height, no physicality, no or little experience and a cr@p manager. What’s that a recipe for?

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024