Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Touches within a 12 yard radius of the opposition goals 06:41 - Feb 28 with 6863 viewsDr_Parnassus

How many did we have? Any guesses out there?

I’ll save you the energy.

None. Zero. Zilch.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Touches within a 12 yard radius of the opposition goals on 07:03 - Feb 28 with 4765 viewsDr_Parnassus

For the next part.

Does anyone know the significance of this photo?

This was the last time we touched the ball in the opponents 6 yard box. Not last shot, last time we merely touched the ball there.

For anyone wondering, that was 6 (yes SIX) games ago in the 28th minute vs Birmingham. Ironically Cullen scored from said touch.

For anyone in any doubt regarding the system and still blaming the personnel… not even the worst team in the league Wigan can come close to that level of ineptitude.

Touches within a 12 yard radius of the opposition goals on 07:07 - Feb 28 with 4748 viewsDr_Parnassus

I’ll add some contrast to this post also.

This was Rotherham’s touches and the proximity to our goal.

We were lucky we escaped with a point.

Touches within a 12 yard radius of the opposition goals on 08:08 - Feb 28 with 4634 viewsJack_Kass

This doesn't really say anything and is full of holes.

Touches in the 6 yard box? You'd expect any contact with the ball to be attempts on goal from that distance, even if you fluff it and get the freedom to attempt it again (like the Rotherham equaliser)

So what you're saying is we either don't cross the ball enough or are woeful at attacking from corners

Poll: FA Cup or Premier League

Touches within a 12 yard radius of the opposition goals on 08:19 - Feb 28 with 4611 viewsDr_Parnassus

Touches within a 12 yard radius of the opposition goals on 08:08 - Feb 28 by Jack_Kass

Touches in the 6 yard box? You'd expect any contact with the ball to be attempts on goal from that distance, even if you fluff it and get the freedom to attempt it again (like the Rotherham equaliser)

So what you're saying is we either don't cross the ball enough or are woeful at attacking from corners

Holes? In what sense?

It’s literally just factual data, showing we do not get close in proximity to the opponents goal. I didn’t think it would need explaining.

Rotherham had 8 touches in the 6 yard box, just over half were shots of some kind. Not all touches in the 6 yard box will be shots, far from it.

Width indeed is a key component of touches in that range, which suggests Martin restricting the width is a reason why many of our shots are from distance and central, because the opponents condense the pitch.

So that raises the question - why hasn’t he played wingers in his entire managerial career? Yet continues to bemoan “taking of chances”.

Well how about we get some good service to these strikers then rather than them having it create themselves?

How about we support the likes of Piroe instead of openly saying he would prefer both Blackburn strikers - despite the fact that both have worse chance conversation rates?

Need I go on?

Touches within a 12 yard radius of the opposition goals on 08:20 - Feb 28 with 4609 viewslifelong

Touches within a 12 yard radius of the opposition goals on 08:08 - Feb 28 by Jack_Kass

We are woeful at attacking, full stop.
Touches within a 12 yard radius of the opposition goals on 08:21 - Feb 28 with 4609 viewsDr_Parnassus

And I thank the Lord we didn’t sign Ogbene.

Can you imagine how frustrated he would be playing right wing back.

Touches within a 12 yard radius of the opposition goals on 08:32 - Feb 28 with 4591 views3swan

Touches within a 12 yard radius of the opposition goals on 08:21 - Feb 28 by Dr_Parnassus

And I thank the Lord we didn’t sign Ogbene.

Can you imagine how frustrated he would be playing right wing back.

Is that when only coming on in the second half?
Touches within a 12 yard radius of the opposition goals on 08:51 - Feb 28 with 4554 viewsunion_jack

Touches within a 12 yard radius of the opposition goals on 08:19 - Feb 28 by Dr_Parnassus

Holes? In what sense?

It’s literally just factual data, showing we do not get close in proximity to the opponents goal. I didn’t think it would need explaining.

Rotherham had 8 touches in the 6 yard box, just over half were shots of some kind. Not all touches in the 6 yard box will be shots, far from it.

Width indeed is a key component of touches in that range, which suggests Martin restricting the width is a reason why many of our shots are from distance and central, because the opponents condense the pitch.

So that raises the question - why hasn’t he played wingers in his entire managerial career? Yet continues to bemoan “taking of chances”.

Well how about we get some good service to these strikers then rather than them having it create themselves?

How about we support the likes of Piroe instead of openly saying he would prefer both Blackburn strikers - despite the fact that both have worse chance conversation rates?

Need I go on?

First class post that. On the nail as they say.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Login to get fewer ads

Touches within a 12 yard radius of the opposition goals on 10:03 - Feb 28 with 4427 viewsKeithHaynes

Touches within a 12 yard radius of the opposition goals on 08:19 - Feb 28 by Dr_Parnassus

Holes? In what sense?

Need I go on?

The whole point of these touches in the six yard box for me signifies the lack of pace in the side and the lack of coaching to get ‘ wingers ‘ ( oh if only ) or wider players to look for personnel in dangerous places. Much of our crosses go across but backwards searching for players who never think of getting across the keeper or attacking the space right by him.

We haven’t got a natural centre forward or a player with these attributes as we go in search of the perfect goal.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Touches within a 12 yard radius of the opposition goals on 10:13 - Feb 28 with 4382 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

Compare that with our own touches on our own goal line with 17 opposition players charging at the ball like a fecking homing missile.

It seems we are eager and willing to play more super risky creative passes in our own box than we do up the other end. We’ve got it all arse backwards.

Poll: We all dream of a managerial team of Alan Tates?

Touches within a 12 yard radius of the opposition goals on 10:19 - Feb 28 with 4362 viewsDr_Parnassus

Touches within a 12 yard radius of the opposition goals on 10:13 - Feb 28 by Joesus_Of_Narbereth

Compare that with our own touches on our own goal line with 17 opposition players charging at the ball like a fecking homing missile.

It seems we are eager and willing to play more super risky creative passes in our own box than we do up the other end. We’ve got it all arse backwards.

Our own box.

Touches within a 12 yard radius of the opposition goals on 10:19 - Feb 28 with 4362 viewsunion_jack

Touches within a 12 yard radius of the opposition goals on 10:13 - Feb 28 by Joesus_Of_Narbereth

But don’t forget, the opposition will tire playing that way!!

I haven’t noticed that yet. In fact, last night the Rotherham players were fresher than ours at the end.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Touches within a 12 yard radius of the opposition goals on 11:39 - Feb 28 with 4279 viewsPawelAbbott

Touches within a 12 yard radius of the opposition goals on 08:20 - Feb 28 by lifelong

We are woeful at attacking, full stop.

We are pretty terrible at defending
Touches within a 12 yard radius of the opposition goals on 13:26 - Feb 28 with 4167 viewsBoundy

Touches within a 12 yard radius of the opposition goals on 11:39 - Feb 28 by PawelAbbott

We are pretty terrible at defending

We are pretty terrible

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Touches within a 12 yard radius of the opposition goals on 13:41 - Feb 28 with 4152 viewsPawelAbbott

Touches within a 12 yard radius of the opposition goals on 13:26 - Feb 28 by Boundy

We are pretty terrible

Without any doubt, the worst manager since Cusack and to be fair to him he had a much worse situation to deal with.
Touches within a 12 yard radius of the opposition goals on 20:51 - Feb 28 with 3970 viewsThrasher6

Touches within a 12 yard radius of the opposition goals on 13:41 - Feb 28 by PawelAbbott

Without any doubt, the worst manager since Cusack and to be fair to him he had a much worse situation to deal with.

Look....we cant defend....how many matches do weneed to watch...ffs. We are awful.

Poll: Social Distancing: When will it be an obsolete word?

Touches within a 12 yard radius of the opposition goals on 20:56 - Feb 28 with 3954 viewsFlashberryjack

Touches within a 12 yard radius of the opposition goals on 10:19 - Feb 28 by union_jack

But don’t forget, the opposition will tire playing that way!!

I haven’t noticed that yet. In fact, last night the Rotherham players were fresher than ours at the end.

I've been saying it for ages, our players aren't fit enough.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Touches within a 12 yard radius of the opposition goals on 22:30 - Feb 28 with 3859 viewsBoundy

Touches within a 12 yard radius of the opposition goals on 13:41 - Feb 28 by PawelAbbott

Cusack was dealt a bad hand whereas Martin ?

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Touches within a 12 yard radius of the opposition goals on 22:32 - Feb 28 with 3853 viewsjackdee

Touches within a 12 yard radius of the opposition goals on 10:19 - Feb 28 by Dr_Parnassus

Our own box.

It's a right nightmare Microsoft Paint, I have the same problem when I use it ;)

BTIIC

Touches within a 12 yard radius of the opposition goals on 22:33 - Feb 28 with 3852 viewsTreforys_Jack

Some of those graphics should spell it out to everyone how shocking we actually are, high risk , low reward football at its finest. Times up Russ.
Touches within a 12 yard radius of the opposition goals on 23:23 - Feb 28 with 3830 viewsReslovenSwan1

Ben Parker is named as head of performance according to the website, He has MK Dons heritage. All this data is in the hands of Ben I would think. It i his is his job to furnish Martin with the data and Winter presumably. Winter was a professional footballer.

Martin is now suggesting the problems of the team are psychological in nature rather than tactical. (They are anxious). 'Six yard box syndrome' perhaps. They should get over it in a few months with love and understanding and a good long Summer rest.

The players are worked too hard.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Touches within a 12 yard radius of the opposition goals on 07:43 - Mar 1 with 3681 viewsbuilthjack

Touches within a 12 yard radius of the opposition goals on 13:26 - Feb 28 by Boundy

We are pretty terrible

We are not pretty

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Touches within a 12 yard radius of the opposition goals on 08:00 - Mar 1 with 3667 viewsSTID2017

Touches within a 12 yard radius of the opposition goals on 22:32 - Feb 28 by jackdee

It's a right nightmare Microsoft Paint, I have the same problem when I use it ;)

My screen went the same as Dr P's, just before I had the dreaded " Black Screen of Death" and had to buy a new laptop

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Touches within a 12 yard radius of the opposition goals on 08:07 - Mar 1 with 3665 viewsSTID2017

Seriously though, is there anyone on here who has watched us the past few matches that needs touches analysis to know how bad we are lately ?
The only "analysis" we need is - New Owners + New Manager = A Chance of Success,
Whereas - Current Owners + Current Manager = Relegation ( and Downward Trajectory Guaranteed )
Simples !!
[Post edited 1 Mar 2023 8:08]

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Touches within a 12 yard radius of the opposition goals on 09:04 - Mar 1 with 3618 viewsDr_Parnassus

Touches within a 12 yard radius of the opposition goals on 08:07 - Mar 1 by STID2017

Seriously though, is there anyone on here who has watched us the past few matches that needs touches analysis to know how bad we are lately ?
The only "analysis" we need is - New Owners + New Manager = A Chance of Success,
Whereas - Current Owners + Current Manager = Relegation ( and Downward Trajectory Guaranteed )
Simples !!
[Post edited 1 Mar 2023 8:08]

Clearly do.

I’ve been making this same point for the past 18 months, it’s only now people are starting to realise exactly what these data points have been representing. Data always trumps hope and positivity, that’s why it’s such big business in sport.

Are you now saying you want the manager out then? You didn’t answer last time I asked you.

I see the owners have just converted £6m of debt to equity. We finally have owners investing external money into the club and writing it off and people still want new ones.

Couldn’t make it up.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024