Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Cavalry 11:25 - Mar 22 with 13713 viewsozranger

https://www.qpr.co.uk/videos/features/inside-training-220323/

How many can you spot - Chair, Willock, Balogen..
The Cavalry on 20:51 - Mar 22 with 4386 viewsgazza1

The Cavalry on 18:00 - Mar 22 by Antti_Heinola

Hmm. You've tried this before and it's no more correct than it was last time.

To illustrate. Arsenal recently failed to win in 4 consecutive games, losing 3. They then snapped the run. So the run was stopped quickly. But if they had lost two or three key players to injury and carried on losing, the run would have been extended and exacerbated due to those injuries. Last season, what may have just been a sticky patch was exacerbated by several key injuries happening in short succession. The truth is, we do not *know* what would have happened if Willock, Seny etc had stayed fit, but it could have been different. Certainly it's fair to suggest just having Seny in goal would have made a large differencxe considering our issues there last season.

Your version is no more truthful than the one you seek to skewer.

Equally, a bad run did start under Beale, but had he stayed, or had there been no interminible rumours, or had Willock not been at half fitness, things might have turned round much ore quickly. You're making assumptions which are no more or less true than the idea that the poor runs were down to injuries.

I would suggest that you are making a lot of assumptions too!!!!
The Cavalry on 21:52 - Mar 22 with 4239 viewsPunteR

The Cavalry on 13:38 - Mar 22 by enfieldargh

if this is the case and we keep clean sheets he can go with my blessing

He wouldn't go with my blessing at all. He can FK off!
Terrible signing.
I'd take the clean sheets though, and improved defence. But yeh.. he can trot on in the summer and rinse some other club..

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

The Cavalry on 01:06 - Mar 23 with 4120 viewsDannyPaddox

A couple of trialists here showing the best positional sense I’ve seen all season. Sign ‘em up.
The Cavalry on 10:57 - Mar 23 with 3878 viewsRs_Holy

The Cavalry on 01:06 - Mar 23 by DannyPaddox

A couple of trialists here showing the best positional sense I’ve seen all season. Sign ‘em up.

unfortunately ones already gone down with metal fatigue
The Cavalry on 13:28 - Mar 23 with 3739 viewsAndybrat

Some funny posts on here, but in all seriousness ( assuming that is him under the hat) Taylor Richards looks good out there as he has in almost every game I have seen him play ( only at LF). Ever the positive person but, if he stays mentally and physically fit, he could be the one success from the Beale experiment. Have probably cursed him now.
The Cavalry on 14:16 - Mar 23 with 3631 viewstoboboly

The Cavalry on 13:28 - Mar 23 by Andybrat

Some funny posts on here, but in all seriousness ( assuming that is him under the hat) Taylor Richards looks good out there as he has in almost every game I have seen him play ( only at LF). Ever the positive person but, if he stays mentally and physically fit, he could be the one success from the Beale experiment. Have probably cursed him now.

I don't think he can be described as a success unless he suddenly plays 90 minutes for every remaining game and gets a hat trick in each.

I've seen him "play" in 7 of his 13 appearances and there has perhaps been a total of 10 minutes where he looked ok, the rest he was anonymous or terrible.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

The Cavalry on 14:36 - Mar 23 with 3591 viewsCLAREMAN1995

The Cavalry on 14:16 - Mar 23 by toboboly

I don't think he can be described as a success unless he suddenly plays 90 minutes for every remaining game and gets a hat trick in each.

I've seen him "play" in 7 of his 13 appearances and there has perhaps been a total of 10 minutes where he looked ok, the rest he was anonymous or terrible.

Strong post here and from what I have seen on tv (maybe its different live ) he is just not doing enough .
He does not even sprint on to the field to give the impression that he can make a difference and has he taken a shot for us yet.
I know we are desperate for difference makers but he looks like another going through the motions sadly.
Its even more damming if he is tearing it up in training , fit and healthy yet does not start or even make the bench in critical games for us
The Cavalry on 15:24 - Mar 23 with 3492 viewsNushnool

It would be a comeback worthy of Mark Lazarus if Taylor Richards is ever deemed a success.
Login to get fewer ads

The Cavalry on 17:26 - Mar 23 with 3368 viewsDannyPaddox

The Cavalry on 20:45 - Mar 22 by gazza1

Fantasy time as usual!!!!!

No mention of double amputation......broken bone in his foot. He isn't back yet.

Is this confirmed or a rumour? That Balogun has feet.
The Cavalry on 17:45 - Mar 23 with 3332 viewsDorse

The Cavalry on 17:26 - Mar 23 by DannyPaddox

Is this confirmed or a rumour? That Balogun has feet.

I always pictured him like Davros. A sort of half man, half golf buggy hybrid.

Actually, what happened if Davros needed a dump? Did he have some kind of crumb tray, like a toaster? Inquiring minds need to know.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

The Cavalry on 17:58 - Mar 23 with 3305 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

The Cavalry on 01:06 - Mar 23 by DannyPaddox

Have to say they have more movement and mobility than out midfield.
The Cavalry on 16:05 - Mar 24 with 3028 viewsPinnerPaul

The Cavalry on 18:00 - Mar 22 by Antti_Heinola

Hmm. You've tried this before and it's no more correct than it was last time.

To illustrate. Arsenal recently failed to win in 4 consecutive games, losing 3. They then snapped the run. So the run was stopped quickly. But if they had lost two or three key players to injury and carried on losing, the run would have been extended and exacerbated due to those injuries. Last season, what may have just been a sticky patch was exacerbated by several key injuries happening in short succession. The truth is, we do not *know* what would have happened if Willock, Seny etc had stayed fit, but it could have been different. Certainly it's fair to suggest just having Seny in goal would have made a large differencxe considering our issues there last season.

Your version is no more truthful than the one you seek to skewer.

Equally, a bad run did start under Beale, but had he stayed, or had there been no interminible rumours, or had Willock not been at half fitness, things might have turned round much ore quickly. You're making assumptions which are no more or less true than the idea that the poor runs were down to injuries.

True (ish) but then so are you 'assuming' with phrases like "May" and "Might"

We've been here before with Willock - everyone just assumed he would come back as good as ever - he hasn't - that isn't an assumption, its a fact, so its not unreasonable to guess that he will come back not as good as before his 1st injury no?

Now even me as an anti conspiracy person has to admit that Laird's last match for us was soooo poor as to not be true - he played EVERY ball backwards and went off after his first run forward - he was pretty poor in the half a dozen games before that as well - so again not unfair to assume he won't be as good again?

Plus after 2 poor long non winning runs under Warburton, 1 under Critchley and Gareth's start, optimistic in the extreme to think we were going to snap out of Beales 1 goal in 5 games, 'just like that'

I WILL repeat my fact that no one seems to like - Clive has said he was looking at Stoke - we were playing great - he was going to Wolves - we won 2 matches, went top of the league and drew at Norwich.

As you say its not a simple answer one way or the other and as you admit the club saying the "cavalry are coming" as if the cavalry haven't played a poor game between them is just silly.

Finally no club got anywhere with 11 good players only, that's maybe where our real problems lie as Clive has oft said in his match reports.
The Cavalry on 22:46 - Mar 24 with 2820 viewsDannyPaddox

The Cavalry on 17:45 - Mar 23 by Dorse

Actually, what happened if Davros needed a dump? Did he have some kind of crumb tray, like a toaster? Inquiring minds need to know.

One happy customer but the mystery still remains.
The Cavalry on 00:04 - Mar 25 with 2728 viewsAntti_Heinola

The Cavalry on 16:05 - Mar 24 by PinnerPaul

True (ish) but then so are you 'assuming' with phrases like "May" and "Might"

We've been here before with Willock - everyone just assumed he would come back as good as ever - he hasn't - that isn't an assumption, its a fact, so its not unreasonable to guess that he will come back not as good as before his 1st injury no?

Now even me as an anti conspiracy person has to admit that Laird's last match for us was soooo poor as to not be true - he played EVERY ball backwards and went off after his first run forward - he was pretty poor in the half a dozen games before that as well - so again not unfair to assume he won't be as good again?

Plus after 2 poor long non winning runs under Warburton, 1 under Critchley and Gareth's start, optimistic in the extreme to think we were going to snap out of Beales 1 goal in 5 games, 'just like that'

I WILL repeat my fact that no one seems to like - Clive has said he was looking at Stoke - we were playing great - he was going to Wolves - we won 2 matches, went top of the league and drew at Norwich.

As you say its not a simple answer one way or the other and as you admit the club saying the "cavalry are coming" as if the cavalry haven't played a poor game between them is just silly.

Finally no club got anywhere with 11 good players only, that's maybe where our real problems lie as Clive has oft said in his match reports.

Of course I'm assuming! That was my point! (although may and might are not assumptions are they? 'would' would be an assumption). My whole point is that you say people make an assumption that we would do better had we had less injuries, or had Beale not left, while making a very similar assumption that it wouldn't have made any difference at all.

Willock came back at the start of this season after his major injury and played the best football of his life, so not sure what you're on about there. When he re-injured it, he came back too soon ansd everyone could see he wasn't fully fit.

Anyway, this is getting silly. Broadly I agree with you.

Bare bones.

The Cavalry on 11:46 - Mar 25 with 2533 viewsAndybrat

The Cavalry on 14:36 - Mar 23 by CLAREMAN1995

Strong post here and from what I have seen on tv (maybe its different live ) he is just not doing enough .
He does not even sprint on to the field to give the impression that he can make a difference and has he taken a shot for us yet.
I know we are desperate for difference makers but he looks like another going through the motions sadly.
Its even more damming if he is tearing it up in training , fit and healthy yet does not start or even make the bench in critical games for us

Agree with you all but he obviously has the talent, and could really see it in that clip. He has had more to deal with than most at such a young age, hoping that time and a bit of GA motivation can make the difference. My weakness is always looking for the positives.
The Cavalry on 14:00 - Mar 26 with 2237 viewsPinnerPaul

The Cavalry on 00:04 - Mar 25 by Antti_Heinola

Of course I'm assuming! That was my point! (although may and might are not assumptions are they? 'would' would be an assumption). My whole point is that you say people make an assumption that we would do better had we had less injuries, or had Beale not left, while making a very similar assumption that it wouldn't have made any difference at all.

Willock came back at the start of this season after his major injury and played the best football of his life, so not sure what you're on about there. When he re-injured it, he came back too soon ansd everyone could see he wasn't fully fit.

Anyway, this is getting silly. Broadly I agree with you.

Well broadly I agree with you.

Maybe I misread your comment "You've said this before and its not true"

I read that as Willock and Dieng were not injured prior to MW's 2nd poor run.

Yes we are oith guilty of making assumptions, but IMHO mine have a little more evidence.

For example Dieng was involved in all the games in MW's 1st bad run and the current one under 3 managers, so my point was it is a bit of stretch to say if he had come back sooner last season we would still have made the play offs.

Willock - apologies - my point regarding the club video is that he hasn't been great for a while so to assume/imply we'll be great if he comes back now is again a tad optimistic.

We do agree though that injuries or the return from them is not the only factor at play!
The Cavalry on 15:56 - Mar 26 with 2111 viewsstainrods_elbow

The Cavalry on 17:45 - Mar 23 by Dorse

Talking of hybrid men, what about cult 80s indie darlings Half Man Half Biscuit? Did they live half the year in a house and half in a tin?

Answers c/o any ferry across the Mersey, Liverpool.

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

The Cavalry on 15:59 - Mar 26 with 2093 viewsstainrods_elbow

The Cavalry on 11:46 - Mar 25 by Andybrat

Agree with you all but he obviously has the talent, and could really see it in that clip. He has had more to deal with than most at such a young age, hoping that time and a bit of GA motivation can make the difference. My weakness is always looking for the positives.

I think many of us will agree that Richards has some talent - most pro footballers do, which is why they turn pro. But as Roy Keane will tell anyone, you have to be committed, too, to maximising said talent, which is where it looks like, sadly for him and us, Taylor may fall short. Who, knows, though - perhaps he'll surprise us yet!

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

The Cavalry on 10:12 - Mar 27 with 1909 viewsaston_hoop

The cavalry are back!

https://www.qpr.co.uk/fixtures/under-21/2022/queens-park-rangers-u21-v-birmingha

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

The Cavalry on 10:25 - Mar 27 with 1866 viewsStanisgod

The Cavalry on 10:12 - Mar 27 by aston_hoop

The cavalry are back!

https://www.qpr.co.uk/fixtures/under-21/2022/queens-park-rangers-u21-v-birmingha

Considering they said that Chairs injury was nowhere near as bad as thought, hes disappeared.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

The Cavalry on 10:26 - Mar 27 with 1862 viewsDorse

The Cavalry on 10:12 - Mar 27 by aston_hoop

The cavalry are back!

We're gonna win the Professional Development League Two South!
We're gonna win the Professional Development League Two South!
Ee-aye-adio, we're gonna win the Professional Development League Two South!

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

The Cavalry on 12:23 - Mar 27 with 1703 viewsdmm

It is good news Willock, Laird and Balogun are playing in tonight's B team game but it's disappointing there's no sign of Chair, Paal or Clarke-Salter. I was under the impression that Chair and Paal were closest to returning.
The Cavalry on 12:28 - Mar 27 with 1676 viewsAndybrat

The Cavalry on 12:23 - Mar 27 by dmm

It is good news Willock, Laird and Balogun are playing in tonight's B team game but it's disappointing there's no sign of Chair, Paal or Clarke-Salter. I was under the impression that Chair and Paal were closest to returning.

Agree but the training session showed Chair and Paal training away from the group, doesn’t suggest they are as close as the others. Presume Drewe at LB if Ozzie out and Laird fit enough. If Laird isn’t suspect we have a problem. JCS out til next season?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024