Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Chris Martin on the defeat 13:45 - Apr 16 with 6504 viewsbosh67

https://www.qpr.co.uk/videos/interviews/martin-post-qprcov-150423/

Speaks well. Extremely honest about what we find ourselves in.

I particularly picked up on him saying there aren't many speakers in this group, unlike other club's he's been at. Sitting in the Stan Bowles stand yesterday the only two people talking at all were Martin and Balogun. Everyone else, apart from Paal having an argument with Martin after the first goal and having to be held back, was as quiet as a mouse. The only others that talk on occasion are Field and Dieng.

I thought it was good of Martin to stand up and do an interview. I like that he's in the ref's face all game, that he battles away, not always with success but he does try and put a shift in. I can't say that others don't, but this is a group almost self conditioned to lose!

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Chris Martin on the defeat on 14:01 - Apr 16 with 4786 viewsJames_Paddocks

"How dedicated are we off the pitch?"

That's definitely aimed at somebody...
Chris Martin on the defeat on 14:11 - Apr 16 with 4737 viewsNorthernr

Chris Martin on the defeat on 14:01 - Apr 16 by James_Paddocks

Oh yes.
Chris Martin on the defeat on 14:20 - Apr 16 with 4677 viewsDejR_vu

Doesn’t speak like a footballer, quite impressive, regardless of what his body will or won’t allow him to do.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Chris Martin on the defeat on 14:25 - Apr 16 with 4639 viewssdm1508

Chris Martin on the defeat on 14:11 - Apr 16 by Northernr

Oh yes.

An individual or individuals? Do we know who he is talking about (if so any clues) or are we guessing?
Chris Martin on the defeat on 14:34 - Apr 16 with 4578 viewsenfieldargh

Would like him to start naming names, saying who offers what etc,.
Dont think we would have anything to loose even if the fragile/malingerers ones are outed.

Same as I doubt booing**** the team when they step foot on the pitch might just gee them up as trying to get behind them doesnt work with this lot.

ps I still havnt booed the team so far as whats the point****

Actually CM sounds manager material to me

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Chris Martin on the defeat on 14:53 - Apr 16 with 4478 viewsHarbour

Talks well off the pitch but I am more interested in what he and the others do on the pitch. To quote Elvis a little less conversation and more action required.
Chris Martin on the defeat on 14:58 - Apr 16 with 4452 viewsSK_hoops

404'd for me.
Chris Martin on the defeat on 15:08 - Apr 16 with 4379 viewsNorthernr

Chris Martin on the defeat on 14:58 - Apr 16 by SK_hoops

404'd for me.

Login to get fewer ads

Chris Martin on the defeat on 17:26 - Apr 16 with 4020 viewsLogman

Speaks excellently. Arguably the right person for the captaincy in our circumstances. Just need to work out now how to best play with him and Dykes in the team. Given what we will have available on Wednesday I would go 4-2-2-2 with Laird and Paal at full backs, Dozzell and Field holding, Chair and Willock (to start) roaming and Dykes and Martin up front.
Chris Martin on the defeat on 17:35 - Apr 16 with 3985 viewsbosh67

Chris Martin on the defeat on 17:26 - Apr 16 by Logman

Speaks excellently. Arguably the right person for the captaincy in our circumstances. Just need to work out now how to best play with him and Dykes in the team. Given what we will have available on Wednesday I would go 4-2-2-2 with Laird and Paal at full backs, Dozzell and Field holding, Chair and Willock (to start) roaming and Dykes and Martin up front.

"Just need to work out now how to best play with him and Dykes in the team."

Not with their backs to goal nodding things down for no one. Running onto things in front of them in the air, in the area would be good. Not taking balls down from the clouds.

I agree with one of the other comments. He speaks like a manager.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Chris Martin on the defeat on 17:44 - Apr 16 with 3935 viewsPhilmyRs

He was brought in as emergency cover for Dykes after it became apparent Dykes was out long term. The fact we’re now pinging our hopes on this guy because he sounds sensible and intelligent when he talks, and more worrying we view a Dykes/Martin strike force as our best option for survival is a major concern. Moreso because the manager seems to think the same thing.
Chris Martin on the defeat on 20:18 - Apr 16 with 3677 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Standards at the club have been in the bin for years. Remember Ramsey insisting SW-P got an ovation in that game when we were getting turned over by City. At what other professional club would that happen?
Chris Martin on the defeat on 21:22 - Apr 16 with 3481 viewsFredManRave

Chris Martin on the defeat on 14:01 - Apr 16 by James_Paddocks

He's obviously seen the Ainsworth Party Video.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Chris Martin on the defeat on 21:24 - Apr 16 with 3465 viewspaulparker

When Chris Martin is your most dedicated pro at the club you know your in the Sh1t

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Chris Martin on the defeat on 21:51 - Apr 16 with 3350 viewsTheChef

Selection now is virtually as effective as spinning the old Holloway tombola.

Injuries mean we have no decent midfield options other than Field. Dunne and Dickie are a disaster pairing at CB. Willock is a shell of the player he was.

My only suggestion is pushing Field back as an extra CB and going 352 like we did against Watford. But even then...

We're basically screwed. In case anyone hadn't already noticed.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Chris Martin on the defeat on 22:18 - Apr 16 with 3250 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Chris Martin on the defeat on 21:51 - Apr 16 by TheChef

Selection now is virtually as effective as spinning the old Holloway tombola.

Injuries mean we have no decent midfield options other than Field. Dunne and Dickie are a disaster pairing at CB. Willock is a shell of the player he was.

My only suggestion is pushing Field back as an extra CB and going 352 like we did against Watford. But even then...

We're basically screwed. In case anyone hadn't already noticed.

Obviously our squad has been consistently poor for months but we've got to change things dramatically on Wednesday. There is no way he can play Dunne and Albert on that right-hand side or Dozzell in a midfield two again. Surely?
Chris Martin on the defeat on 22:28 - Apr 16 with 3205 viewssdm1508

Chris Martin on the defeat on 21:22 - Apr 16 by FredManRave

He's obviously seen the Ainsworth Party Video.

Just wanted to be certain, this was a tongue in cheek comment
Chris Martin on the defeat on 22:40 - Apr 16 with 3167 viewsPunteR

Chris Martin on the defeat on 22:28 - Apr 16 by sdm1508

Fred loves a good tongue in the cheek.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Chris Martin on the defeat on 23:49 - Apr 16 with 3045 viewsBurnleyhoop

Dozzell couldn’t hold his own cock in the men’s room. Shouldn’t be anywhere near the starting line up.
Chris Martin on the defeat on 00:45 - Apr 17 with 2968 viewsVancouverHoop

Chris Martin on the defeat on 23:49 - Apr 16 by Burnleyhoop

Dozzell couldn’t hold his own cock in the men’s room. Shouldn’t be anywhere near the starting line up.

Unfortunately with Amos gone there isn't much choice in midfield. Personally I'd like to see Field and Richards starting, but the cupboards bare otherwise. Jojo's a spent force and Dozzell's just ... dozy.
Chris Martin on the defeat on 02:20 - Apr 17 with 2915 viewsFredManRave

No. I'm being completely serious.

I'm even thinking that he actually filmed it as ammunition to get Ainsworth removed and himself instated as the new, intelligent and coherent manager of QPR.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Chris Martin on the defeat on 02:41 - Apr 17 with 2906 viewsmylot50years

Chris Martin on the defeat on 17:44 - Apr 16 by PhilmyRs

He was brought in as emergency cover for Dykes after it became apparent Dykes was out long term. The fact we’re now pinging our hopes on this guy because he sounds sensible and intelligent when he talks, and more worrying we view a Dykes/Martin strike force as our best option for survival is a major concern. Moreso because the manager seems to think the same thing.

Agree 100%
75th minute sub at best no question he tries and much credit to him for his efforts.
But if GA thinks he is in anyway the answer that by starting him in the final four games that is going to get us out of this mess we have managed to get ourselves in, then GA really needs after the Bristol City game to sadly take time to consider his position at QPR
Chris Martin on the defeat on 07:25 - Apr 17 with 2745 viewsdistortR

Chris Martin on the defeat on 23:49 - Apr 16 by Burnleyhoop

I'd start with a midfield of Richards, Dozzell and Amos, based on the fact that our goalkeeper has outscored the three of them combined this season.
Chris Martin on the defeat on 07:30 - Apr 17 with 2728 viewsNortholt_Rs

Chris Martin on the defeat on 07:25 - Apr 17 by distortR

I'd start with a midfield of Richards, Dozzell and Amos, based on the fact that our goalkeeper has outscored the three of them combined this season.

How’s that’s for a stat! What a fùcking shítshow.

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Chris Martin on the defeat on 07:33 - Apr 17 with 2701 viewsDorse

Based onbthe thread title, I honestly thought the first post would read: 'When you try your best but you don't succeed...'

'Course, that would mean trying our best. As you were.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024