Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Message from Manning 14:49 - May 5 with 6844 viewsKeithHaynes

“I feel this has definitely been the best season of my career, that is testament to the players I train and play with every week, as well as the gaffer and all the staff. They are unbelievable, anyone around the club would tell you the same be it on a match day or at the training ground. They have brought us on in every sense, he has made me grow as a person. I probably did not take my career as seriously as he should have.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Message from Manning on 15:09 - May 5 with 5335 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Makes you wonder why he wants to leave.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Message from Manning on 15:17 - May 5 with 5304 viewsReslovenSwan1

This is a massive positive reference for Russell Martin and his coaching team. Cooper preferred Bidwell to Manning.

Seeing clips with the players always come over as a bit awkward but this could be misleading. Manning has put down in writing his gratitude. Manning has also taken over set piece duties which might be due to the set piece coach. Love fro this guy has fluctuated from "he has made a hell of a difference" to "what the hell have they been doing in training".

Swansea need to find other players like Manning who need to find their full potential. This echo comments from Wayne Routledge 10 years earlier.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Message from Manning on 15:17 - May 5 with 5309 viewsFlashberryjack

Message from Manning on 15:09 - May 5 by felixstowe_jack

£££££££££$$$$$$$$$$$

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Message from Manning on 15:45 - May 5 with 5260 viewsBadlands

A bit of a 'so long and thanks for all the fish'

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Message from Manning on 16:21 - May 5 with 5178 viewsDr_Parnassus

This is why MK Dons fans reckoned he was a coach more than a manager. It probably adds up to be fair.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Message from Manning on 17:31 - May 5 with 5069 viewsKeithHaynes

Message from Manning on 16:21 - May 5 by Dr_Parnassus

This is why MK Dons fans reckoned he was a coach more than a manager. It probably adds up to be fair.

I see his developmental learning away from the training ground as equally as progressive.

Mind you he was at MK Dons two years ago.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Message from Manning on 22:39 - May 5 with 4884 viewsBillyChong

He doesn’t want to leave. He wants a contract that reflects his worth.
Message from Manning on 22:45 - May 5 with 4875 viewspencoedjack

Good player & a very switched on young man as my thread a month or so proved.

Best of luck to him
Login to get fewer ads

Message from Manning on 22:51 - May 5 with 4859 viewsDr_Parnassus

Message from Manning on 22:39 - May 5 by BillyChong

He doesn’t want to leave. He wants a contract that reflects his worth.

If a Championship left back with one good season to his name, later on in his career, reckons he’s worth Premier League wages then he is essentially saying he doesn’t want to be here.

He’s effective because he is essentially our only wide outlet, once Martin gets his act together and brings in attacking width on the left, his impact would be severely reduced anyway.

Message from Manning on 22:56 - May 5 with 4852 viewsNotLoyal

Message from Manning on 22:51 - May 5 by Dr_Parnassus

If a Championship left back with one good season to his name, later on in his career, reckons he’s worth Premier League wages then he is essentially saying he doesn’t want to be here.

He’s effective because he is essentially our only wide outlet, once Martin gets his act together and brings in attacking width on the left, his impact would be severely reduced anyway.

Martin ?
He has stated on numerous occasions that was the job of Marsh.
Is he being blamed for Marsh not doing his job ?

Has it changed ?
You said.
-Watson will be key in the player acquisition, footballing direction and chief negotiator in and out. Then the wider ownership group will be overseeing it all and ensuring everyone is doing as they should.-

Just asking the question,
[Post edited 5 May 2023 22:58]

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Message from Manning on 23:00 - May 5 with 4839 viewsDr_Parnassus

Message from Manning on 22:56 - May 5 by NotLoyal

Martin ?

Has it changed ?
You said.
-Watson will be key in the player acquisition, footballing direction and chief negotiator in and out. Then the wider ownership group will be overseeing it all and ensuring everyone is doing as they should.-

Martin has brought in 45 players in his time as a manager (spanning two clubs and 4 seasons).

If you can list the attacking wingers he has brought in (and used), you would probably see what I’m talking about with regards to that.

This wider iteration of his style did not exist prior to the last 2 months, the personnel we have available reflects that.

Message from Manning on 23:02 - May 5 with 4839 viewsBadlands

Martin ?

Has it changed ?
You said.

Not like Martin to blame others!

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Message from Manning on 23:02 - May 5 with 4839 viewsSTID2017

As Billy Chong alluded to, he just wants what he believes he is worth?

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Message from Manning on 23:05 - May 5 with 4828 viewsDr_Parnassus

Martin ?

Has it changed ?
You said.

In answer to the added text -

Watson won’t be picking the team, it will be up to Martin to utilise what he has at his disposal. So far, anyone with an ounce of attacking width hasn’t had a look in, instead relying on the likes of Manning and Laird to be the wide outlets who are defensive players by trade.

Message from Manning on 23:08 - May 5 with 4829 viewsSTID2017

Message from Manning on 22:51 - May 5 by Dr_Parnassus

He "essentially " saying nothing of the sort.
He has been named our Player of The Year, and is trying to get the best contract he can. I don't blame him, although it seems we cannot afford / will not meet his demands.
However, compare his attitude to that of Obafemi. Manning has been an exemplary professional and has never not given 100%
It often takes only one season to get noticed.
Best wishes to the lad
[Post edited 5 May 2023 23:10]

Message from Manning on 23:11 - May 5 with 4806 viewsNotLoyal

Message from Manning on 23:05 - May 5 by Dr_Parnassus

In answer to the added text -

Watson won’t be picking the team, it will be up to Martin to utilise what he has at his disposal. So far, anyone with an ounce of attacking width hasn’t had a look in, instead relying on the likes of Manning and Laird to be the wide outlets who are defensive players by trade.

Edit

So, Marsh and Watson’s roles aren’t the same ?
[Post edited 5 May 2023 23:12]

OK I've changed it.

Message from Manning on 23:12 - May 5 with 4794 viewsDr_Parnassus

Message from Manning on 23:08 - May 5 by STID2017

He "essentially " saying nothing of the sort.
He has been named our Player of The Year, and is trying to get the best contract he can. I don't blame him, although it seems we cannot afford / will not meet his demands.
However, compare his attitude to that of Obafemi. Manning has been an exemplary professional and has never not given 100%
It often takes only one season to get noticed.
Best wishes to the lad
[Post edited 5 May 2023 23:10]

He is saying that. If he wanted to stay he would stay, he’s already been offered far more than is reasonable to expect for a left back in his late 20’s with 1 good season to his name.

He doesn’t want to be here.

If that upsets some then that’s just the reality of it.

Message from Manning on 23:13 - May 5 with 4793 viewsNotLoyal

Message from Manning on 23:00 - May 5 by Dr_Parnassus

Martin has brought in 45 players in his time as a manager (spanning two clubs and 4 seasons).

If you can list the attacking wingers he has brought in (and used), you would probably see what I’m talking about with regards to that.

This wider iteration of his style did not exist prior to the last 2 months, the personnel we have available reflects that.

I’m more interested in Swansea City than a made up team from elsewhere.

OK I've changed it.

Message from Manning on 23:17 - May 5 with 4785 viewsDr_Parnassus

Message from Manning on 23:11 - May 5 by NotLoyal

Edit

So, Marsh and Watson’s roles aren’t the same ?
[Post edited 5 May 2023 23:12]

Marsh and Watson have different skill sets and experience, the job won’t be identical no. Just as Coleman’s role won’t be identical to when Huw was chairman.

Watson will have more governance over the footballing aspect of the business than Marsh did due to his incredible achievements with Luton.

Message from Manning on 23:17 - May 5 with 4786 viewsSTID2017

Message from Manning on 23:12 - May 5 by Dr_Parnassus

He is saying that. If he wanted to stay he would stay, he’s already been offered far more than is reasonable to expect for a left back in his late 20’s with 1 good season to his name.

He doesn’t want to be here.

If that upsets some then that’s just the reality of it.

That is your take on it, not a fact.
If he said " The new contract offered is not acceptable so I am leaving in the summer" that would be fact.
He has not said that, so your opinion is just conjecture.
He may well leave, but no one outside the club's hierarchy knows for certain what will happen

Message from Manning on 23:21 - May 5 with 4781 viewsDr_Parnassus

Message from Manning on 23:13 - May 5 by NotLoyal

I’m more interested in Swansea City than a made up team from elsewhere.

That’s why it’s important to look at Martins style of play and historical preferences.

Neither team he has been at, has he been remotely interested in wide attacking players.

Martin has preferred a wider defensive base and a central attacking system. This was the main issue with his system and what has been finally changed in the last 2 months.

Except we have the likes of Ntcham wider and Darling/Lati right back who are are naturally central players. This has been a change out of necessity not meticulous planning.

Message from Manning on 23:21 - May 5 with 4783 viewsNotLoyal

Message from Manning on 23:02 - May 5 by Badlands

Not like Martin to blame others!

Your just using useless terminology, I’m more concerned about what Dr. P can advise not you with a grudge.

OK I've changed it.

Message from Manning on 23:24 - May 5 with 4777 viewsDr_Parnassus

Message from Manning on 23:17 - May 5 by STID2017

That is your take on it, not a fact.
If he said " The new contract offered is not acceptable so I am leaving in the summer" that would be fact.
He has not said that, so your opinion is just conjecture.
He may well leave, but no one outside the club's hierarchy knows for certain what will happen

That’s the reality of the situation; it’s not a take.

Message from Manning on 23:25 - May 5 with 4777 viewsNotLoyal

Message from Manning on 23:21 - May 5 by Dr_Parnassus

That’s why it’s important to look at Martins style of play and historical preferences.

Neither team he has been at, has he been remotely interested in wide attacking players.

Martin has preferred a wider defensive base and a central attacking system. This was the main issue with his system and what has been finally changed in the last 2 months.

Except we have the likes of Ntcham wider and Darling/Lati right back who are are naturally central players. This has been a change out of necessity not meticulous planning.

Just asking questions - I’m more concerned about the quote on Martin and - Getting his act together to bring in more width - He has made it clear that Marsh was the person who made these decisions not him, and has said that all the time Marsh was at the club.

So it can’t be Martin’s fault If the guy employed to do what you say doesn’t do it ? Isn’t it not the director of football or whatever he was to blame ?

OK I've changed it.

Message from Manning on 23:29 - May 5 with 4762 viewsDr_Parnassus

Message from Manning on 23:25 - May 5 by NotLoyal

Just asking questions - I’m more concerned about the quote on Martin and - Getting his act together to bring in more width - He has made it clear that Marsh was the person who made these decisions not him, and has said that all the time Marsh was at the club.

So it can’t be Martin’s fault If the guy employed to do what you say doesn’t do it ? Isn’t it not the director of football or whatever he was to blame ?

Nothing to be concerned about.

Martin hasn’t liked attacking wide players, it’s well documented. He has recently learned how important attacking width is, after 2 years of stubborn refusal.

He now needs to work with the SD to get in the required players AND play them and not revert to the old Martinball.

That is squarely on his shoulders, the SD won’t be picking the team.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024