Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Ashes 08:49 - Jun 13 with 23835 viewsbritferry

Looking forward to this, England with their new aggressive style and an Australian team just crowned World Test champions.

Its a pretty intense schedule too:

First Test
16—20 June 2023
Edgbaston

Second Test
28 June—2 July 2023
Lord's

Third Test
6—10 July 2023
Headingley

Fourth Test
19—23 July 2023
Old Trafford

Fifth Test
27—31 July 2023
The Oval

Poll: Which kid would you give money to?

The Ashes on 18:38 - Jul 2 with 1307 viewslifelong

The Ashes on 18:14 - Jul 2 by onehunglow

Either way,it’s been compelling sport and make no mistake.
Stokes is as brave a competitor as I can remember in recent years but he missed a few tricks in this Test.
He also has to remember the Aussies aren’t mates. They firking hate us.

Bairstow was negligent but what a way to win a game .

They don’t like the English, I’ll give you that.
The Ashes on 20:25 - Jul 2 with 1249 viewsbuilthjack

The Ashes on 18:14 - Jul 2 by onehunglow

Either way,it’s been compelling sport and make no mistake.
Stokes is as brave a competitor as I can remember in recent years but he missed a few tricks in this Test.
He also has to remember the Aussies aren’t mates. They firking hate us.

Bairstow was negligent but what a way to win a game .

Aussies seem to like the Welsh and Scots.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

The Ashes on 21:09 - Jul 2 with 1232 viewsmax936

The Ashes on 20:25 - Jul 2 by builthjack

Aussies seem to like the Welsh and Scots.

Its not reciprocated, by me and other Welsh people I know. They're born arrogant.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

The Ashes on 22:02 - Jul 2 with 1195 viewstheloneranger

England lost, because the Aussies took 20 wickets.

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

The Ashes on 23:01 - Jul 2 with 1180 viewstheloneranger

[Post edited 3 Jul 2023 0:02]

The Ashes on 23:27 - Jul 2 with 1166 viewsKilkennyjack

The Ashes on 21:09 - Jul 2 by max936

Its not reciprocated, by me and other Welsh people I know. They're born arrogant.

Great people the Aussies, almost like neighbours …🇦🇺🤝🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿

Beware of the Risen People

The Ashes on 23:28 - Jul 2 with 1165 viewsKilkennyjack

The Ashes on 23:01 - Jul 2 by theloneranger

[Post edited 3 Jul 2023 0:02]

🤣🤣🇦🇺🦘

Beware of the Risen People

The Ashes on 09:42 - Jul 3 with 1098 viewsdna

People in glass houses (Macullum)
Login to get fewer ads

The Ashes on 18:31 - Jul 3 with 1020 viewsGwyn737

The Ashes on 23:27 - Jul 2 by Kilkennyjack

Great people the Aussies, almost like neighbours …🇦🇺🤝🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿

As a youngster I was definitely in the anyone but England camp but I grew out of it.

There’s a bit that lingers in that I don’t want them to win any tournament outright, but in individual matches I’d want England to beat both Australia and South Africa.

The Australian ‘whinging Pom’ schtick is total hypocrisy.
The Ashes on 21:13 - Jul 3 with 988 viewsonehunglow

The Ashes on 18:31 - Jul 3 by Gwyn737

As a youngster I was definitely in the anyone but England camp but I grew out of it.

There’s a bit that lingers in that I don’t want them to win any tournament outright, but in individual matches I’d want England to beat both Australia and South Africa.

Aussies see all Brits as Poms .
The term is derived from two sources.
Primarily English people perceived as such but the test of Uk can also be Pom.

Leeds will see working class Yorkshire folk flocking to Headingley These are not posh,privileged or public school.
Those thinking otherwise are hopelessly ignorant .

Croft ,Maynard,Parkhouse,Watkin, Jones were all happy to play for “England” and Tony Lewis captain

It’s pitiful to behold

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

The Ashes on 21:30 - Jul 3 with 966 viewsWhiterockin

The Ashes on 21:13 - Jul 3 by onehunglow

Leeds will see working class Yorkshire folk flocking to Headingley These are not posh,privileged or public school.

Croft ,Maynard,Parkhouse,Watkin, Jones were all happy to play for “England” and Tony Lewis captain

It’s pitiful to behold

Go to any England test home or away and there are hundreds of Welsh supporters. The only ones who think otherwise clearly don't understand how passionate we are about supporting our team and the Welsh players who play.

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

The Ashes on 22:14 - Jul 3 with 944 viewslifelong

The Ashes on 18:31 - Jul 3 by Gwyn737

A few years ago half the England team were South African.
The Ashes on 07:30 - Jul 4 with 907 viewsonehunglow

The Ashes on 22:14 - Jul 3 by lifelong

Nope. Not half at all.
England have had Welsh,Scottish,Saffa,Kiwi,Italian Irish and Belgian and Dutch qualified players.
None seemed averse to it.
In both rugby and football, Wales have had several players not born Welsh and they were pleased enough to do so.
Nations are lines drawn on maps often with no sense at all.

The Ashes on 09:13 - Jul 4 with 877 viewstheloneranger

The Ashes on 21:13 - Jul 3 by onehunglow

It’s pitiful to behold

If there are no changes in the England team for the Headingley test match - these "working class Yorkshire folk" will be watching 9 of the 11 England team who went to Private Schools!!

Of course there's no privilege, "posh" or public schools involved in junior or senior cricket.

The Ashes on 09:53 - Jul 4 with 864 viewsWhiterockin

The Ashes on 09:13 - Jul 4 by theloneranger

If there are no changes in the England team for the Headingley test match - these "working class Yorkshire folk" will be watching 9 of the 11 England team who went to Private Schools!!

Of course there's no privilege, "posh" or public schools involved in junior or senior cricket.

What is the hang up some have with private schools, if you are good enough you are picked. Granted many private schools have better facilities and coaches available than state schools, but that can only benefit sports people of that age and in later life. A lot of schools have had their sports fields sold off, so many parents pay for private coaching for their children and many sports clubs are subsidised (national lottery), that is called commitment, is that also unfair on those who can't/won't pay for it. People can't say "Posh" children have no drive and ambition in them because they have everything given to them on a plate then complain when they excel.

The Ashes on 10:12 - Jul 4 with 857 viewsonehunglow

The Ashes on 09:53 - Jul 4 by Whiterockin

What is the hang up some have with private schools, if you are good enough you are picked. Granted many private schools have better facilities and coaches available than state schools, but that can only benefit sports people of that age and in later life. A lot of schools have had their sports fields sold off, so many parents pay for private coaching for their children and many sports clubs are subsidised (national lottery), that is called commitment, is that also unfair on those who can't/won't pay for it. People can't say "Posh" children have no drive and ambition in them because they have everything given to them on a plate then complain when they excel.

Great post.
Publichool kids are not privileged
Being sent away at 7 yrs of age to live in a brooding,grey edifice replete with sadly masochistic teachers !
Then,off you go again again.
When home, good night child now off you go to bed .Where s Nanny ?
God help them.
No idea of what others are like. They even refer to them as “ ordinary”. Last time somebody called me ordinary ,he was close to having his nose busted by a Dempsey Drop.

I pity them

A screwed up, socially inadequate ,often dumb individual

The Ashes on 11:13 - Jul 4 with 842 viewsGwyn737

The Ashes on 22:14 - Jul 3 by lifelong

Caused me some issues that did!

Wanted that side to beat Australia because we has Simon Jones in it.

I'll plead the 5th over the SA tests!
The Ashes on 12:16 - Jul 4 with 838 viewslifelong

The Ashes on 07:30 - Jul 4 by onehunglow

Nope. Not half at all.
England have had Welsh,Scottish,Saffa,Kiwi,Italian Irish and Belgian and Dutch qualified players.
None seemed averse to it.
In both rugby and football, Wales have had several players not born Welsh and they were pleased enough to do so.
Nations are lines drawn on maps often with no sense at all.

Ok then..almost half.😁
The Ashes on 12:24 - Jul 4 with 835 viewslifelong

England players still whining about the incident, one of them reckons that Cummins will regret not asking for the decision to be overruled. Bet he doesn’t give a shite.
The Ashes on 12:54 - Jul 4 with 824 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

The Ashes on 09:53 - Jul 4 by Whiterockin

Part of the issue is that private coaches are sometimes employed by the county and are involved in selection of boys teams at county level. Who are they going to select, Tarquin who's Mum pays them £90 an hour for coaching or Johnny from the local community college who is a slightly better player.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

The Ashes on 13:23 - Jul 4 with 805 viewsWhiterockin

The Ashes on 12:54 - Jul 4 by JACKMANANDBOY

Part of the issue is that private coaches are sometimes employed by the county and are involved in selection of boys teams at county level. Who are they going to select, Tarquin who's Mum pays them £90 an hour for coaching or Johnny from the local community college who is a slightly better player.

So the issue in cricket is not public schools but bribery of county coaches.

The Ashes on 13:49 - Jul 4 with 777 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

The Ashes on 13:23 - Jul 4 by Whiterockin

So the issue in cricket is not public schools but bribery of county coaches.

Not either or, but and both. That's why I said part of the problem, there are a number of factors at play.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

The Ashes on 13:56 - Jul 4 with 773 viewsonehunglow

The Ashes on 12:16 - Jul 4 by lifelong

Ok then..almost half.😁

Half it again

The Ashes on 13:58 - Jul 4 with 773 viewsWhiterockin

The Ashes on 13:49 - Jul 4 by JACKMANANDBOY

Not either or, but and both. That's why I said part of the problem, there are a number of factors at play.

I think you will find similar in all sport, but the biggest factor in selection after pure talent is family/friends, local age group football is a prime example.

The Ashes on 14:28 - Jul 4 with 762 viewsWhiterockin

Now Pope out of the series, things go from bad to worse.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024