Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Has a manager………. 16:45 - Jul 29 with 6245 viewswesty

Has a manager ever been sacked after a pre season friendly.
Has a manager………. on 16:49 - Jul 29 with 4223 viewsHooping_Mad

I'm not his biggest fan yet, but we are skint and he inherited almost nothing.

Chairman of the Junior Hoilett appreciation society

Has a manager………. on 16:50 - Jul 29 with 4195 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Nepo baby chairman wanted to scratch an itch. Probably better off buying some Sudocrem.
[Post edited 29 Jul 2023 16:51]
Has a manager………. on 16:53 - Jul 29 with 4135 viewsdavman

Has a manager………. on 16:50 - Jul 29 by Wegerles_Stairs

Nepo baby chairman wanted to scratch an itch. Probably better off buying some Sudocrem.
[Post edited 29 Jul 2023 16:51]

No-one left to sack him and no-one in their right mind would take this suicide mission.

Brace yourselves as we cannot sack him and this season with this squad, which is weaker than last season's, will break yet more records this season.

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Has a manager………. on 16:57 - Jul 29 with 4039 viewsRangersw12

Has a manager………. on 16:53 - Jul 29 by davman

No-one left to sack him and no-one in their right mind would take this suicide mission.

Brace yourselves as we cannot sack him and this season with this squad, which is weaker than last season's, will break yet more records this season.

Need to beat 23 points to not be the worst Championship side ever
Has a manager………. on 17:02 - Jul 29 with 3972 viewspaulparker

Pathetic for calls to Sack Ainsworth
This club has been miss managed for years and we expect Ainsworth to work wonders on a budget of 2.50 and a playing squad put together from a non qualified DOF and numerous managers

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Has a manager………. on 17:05 - Jul 29 with 3943 viewsessextaxiboy

The last three words of the OP sum it up IMO
Has a manager………. on 17:10 - Jul 29 with 3867 viewsdistortR

Has a manager………. on 17:02 - Jul 29 by paulparker

This club has been miss managed for years and we expect Ainsworth to work wonders on a budget of 2.50 and a playing squad put together from a non qualified DOF and numerous managers

I get why they went for Ainsworth, loves the club, used to working with next to nothing and instilling team spirit, but I think it was badly misjudged - players that would be available to us on free's don't want to sign because of his perceived style of football, it won't further their careers. I think it was the agent who occasionally posts on here, who noted that he knows of agents who are advising their players not to look at us.
Has a manager………. on 17:11 - Jul 29 with 3863 viewsDejR_vu

Ainsworth clearly has significant limitations but, seriously, look at what he’s got to work with. He’s not the solution, but he certainly isn’t the problem.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Login to get fewer ads

Has a manager………. on 17:17 - Jul 29 with 3779 viewsrbee

I think the board has to take a pragmatic view to our current situation. They should begin to consider and fully examine the ramifications of both what relegation would mean to the club along with breaking the Profit and Sustainability Regulations.

We either go down with a whimper or recruit and try to amass enough points to negate a points deduction.

No club has ever broken these rules by accident.
Has a manager………. on 17:17 - Jul 29 with 3762 viewsDamo1962

Has a manager………. on 16:57 - Jul 29 by Rangersw12

That meagre total seems way off already. I kept trying to convince myself that things would not be as bad as the signs were telling me - not anymore.
Has a manager………. on 17:18 - Jul 29 with 3747 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Has a manager………. on 17:10 - Jul 29 by distortR

I get why they went for Ainsworth, loves the club, used to working with next to nothing and instilling team spirit, but I think it was badly misjudged - players that would be available to us on free's don't want to sign because of his perceived style of football, it won't further their careers. I think it was the agent who occasionally posts on here, who noted that he knows of agents who are advising their players not to look at us.

Our best player is Chair. Why on earth are we playing hoofball with him in the side? Needed a progressive manager like Manning - it is clearly not going to work with these players and Ainsworth. The longer he is in charge, the more painful this will be.
Has a manager………. on 17:19 - Jul 29 with 3749 viewsG_Ottershaw

More to the point, has a manager ever resigned after a pre season friendly
Has a manager………. on 17:20 - Jul 29 with 3730 viewshighleverhoopL

Do you think this squad is weaker than the one he had when WW were in the championship?
Has a manager………. on 17:21 - Jul 29 with 3702 viewsDamo1962

Has a manager………. on 17:02 - Jul 29 by paulparker

I hear what you are saying, and agree about LF - but Ainsworth is not making this any easier to take. He needs to at least get the players giving it their very best...and that is all we can really expect.
Has a manager………. on 17:23 - Jul 29 with 3680 viewsstevec

The owners have given up.

Relegation will be a blessed relief.
Has a manager………. on 17:24 - Jul 29 with 3664 viewsbaz_qpr

Has a manager………. on 17:18 - Jul 29 by Wegerles_Stairs

Our best player is Chair. Why on earth are we playing hoofball with him in the side? Needed a progressive manager like Manning - it is clearly not going to work with these players and Ainsworth. The longer he is in charge, the more painful this will be.

Can only assume the assumption is he will be gone before the end of the window, I can fathom no other reason for playing him right wing and Richards in the middle
Has a manager………. on 17:30 - Jul 29 with 3583 viewspaulparker

Has a manager………. on 17:10 - Jul 29 by distortR

Not having a go but who are these players turning us down ?

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Has a manager………. on 17:33 - Jul 29 with 3536 viewspaulparker

Has a manager………. on 17:21 - Jul 29 by Damo1962

I hear what you are saying, and agree about LF - but Ainsworth is not making this any easier to take. He needs to at least get the players giving it their very best...and that is all we can really expect.

Ainsworth is left with Joe Gubbins to play at centre back and Kakay at right back he might have hair like Jesus but that’s where the miracle working ends
This is the legacy of LF 8 years

Has a manager………. on 17:38 - Jul 29 with 3490 viewsRangersw12

Has a manager………. on 17:33 - Jul 29 by paulparker

Ainsworth is left with Joe Gubbins to play at centre back and Kakay at right back he might have hair like Jesus but that’s where the miracle working ends
This is the legacy of LF 8 years

He could have played Fox instead of Gubbins

Even with Kakay and Gubbins we shouldn't lose 5 nil to league one teams and it wasn't just the result it was the football they played which is a million miles away from the slop that GA has shown us so far
Has a manager………. on 17:44 - Jul 29 with 3433 viewsrbee

'' it wasn't just the result it was the football they played.''

You forgot to add, at a canter.

Without the injury to Dunne the result would have been different. Still would have lost but by a goal or two.

We already knew that the squad was threadbare, Dunne's injury simply hammered the point home.
Has a manager………. on 17:52 - Jul 29 with 3360 viewsNorthantsHoop

Has a manager………. on 17:21 - Jul 29 by Damo1962

The players we had were awful last season and keeping them regardless of who manages them don't think will change much. We can't offload even our better players as the market for Championship players has fallen through the floor since Covid. Even if Chair and Willock are as good as they are perceived to be, there is hardly a large amount of suitors ready to offer really good money for them.
It is going to be a tough watch at Watford next Saturday and suspect it will be for most of the new season.
Has a manager………. on 17:53 - Jul 29 with 3338 viewspaulparker

Has a manager………. on 17:38 - Jul 29 by Rangersw12

He could have played Fox instead of Gubbins

Even with Kakay and Gubbins we shouldn't lose 5 nil to league one teams and it wasn't just the result it was the football they played which is a million miles away from the slop that GA has shown us so far

Maybe Fox isn’t ready yet who knows
5-0 is a crap score line I give you that but again we are left with Dozzell, Gubbins, Kakay to come in and cover that’s the reality that Ainsworth has been left with
They are the legacy of our former DOF
I can only hope we follow what happened after the 8-1 against WBA and get some seasoned pros who are ready for the scrap because this season is not the one to be developing youngsters

Has a manager………. on 17:54 - Jul 29 with 3316 viewsgazza1

Has a manager………. on 17:11 - Jul 29 by DejR_vu

Ainsworth clearly has significant limitations but, seriously, look at what he’s got to work with. He’s not the solution, but he certainly isn’t the problem.

GA is not helping himself - 100%.

Why did he pick that team today???
[Post edited 29 Jul 2023 17:55]
Has a manager………. on 17:54 - Jul 29 with 3325 viewsWirralHoop

6 wins and 6 draws, right now hard to see where they come from.
Has a manager………. on 17:55 - Jul 29 with 3312 viewsloftus77

Has a manager………. on 17:53 - Jul 29 by paulparker

Maybe Fox isn’t ready yet who knows
5-0 is a crap score line I give you that but again we are left with Dozzell, Gubbins, Kakay to come in and cover that’s the reality that Ainsworth has been left with
They are the legacy of our former DOF
I can only hope we follow what happened after the 8-1 against WBA and get some seasoned pros who are ready for the scrap because this season is not the one to be developing youngsters

Good analysis but way too pessimistic - the West Brom game was 7-1....chin up.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024