Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Today's showing 17:28 - Aug 26 with 16919 viewsDaBurgh

With the heart, commitment and character shown today against the team that will more likely run away with the league, against 12 men I would say that we are not going to be relegated. Just like that, yep I said it, may not finish above 16th but we will be fine.
Today's showing on 11:26 - Aug 27 with 2600 viewsthemodfather

after the massacre and mauling at highly rated watford, we showed spirit to beat cardiff, a close game v a confident ipswich and another v likely champs saints, signs of hope improvement , we score goals we can compete , i have said dykes is not a 20 goals a season striker but if we get 2 strikers getting 10 each or more, we could be ok,
Today's showing on 11:39 - Aug 27 with 2530 viewspaulparker

Today's showing on 09:41 - Aug 27 by daveB

I do get some of the negativity in that we obviously lost again and it's been a long calendar year of getting beat most weeks. For all the hype I didn't think Southampton were that great and it was a bit of a missed opportunity, they'll be far better later in the season when the new players come in and they settle down, good signs for them that they are getting results still during this transition period. Although I find Russell Martins style of 50 sideways passes for the sake of it rather than a shot on goal a bit dull to watch.

I'm quite positive on us though and that comes from seeing us since the World Cup break and whatever the result I've walked away from almost every game thinking we were absolute dogshit today with a feeling of fury and desperation in my gut. The last 4 games despite losing 3 on the bounce I haven't felt that, the performances have been much better.

A lot more energy in the team and a clear game plan now with and without the ball which was missing last season.

I thought once we got level we looked a good side, played well on the break and should have gone ahead. That was the period of the game where we lost it imo, had to take one of those chances and get a lead as they were always going to dominate the ball as the game wore on

Even after going behind there was no dropping of heads, we kept going and had chances to get level, just a lack of quality in the final 3rd again and a bit if inexperience as well from a few. Duke Mckenna had a few chances to just move the ball quickly but took too many touches and lost it, Kolli caught in two minds at the end and messing up a good chance.

I'm not suggesting we're going to be up there this year, this is a bottom half team who will still do well to stay up but I can at least see what we're trying to do now and coming away from games thinking we've had a real go at that. We need results of course but after that horror show last season I can see a decent QPR team emerging here, even Dozzell was much improved yesterday.
Smyth again was very good down the right, obviously going to make mistakes defensively but offers so much going the other way. Armstrong good again and finished the 90 mins, Field and Colback both played well and impressed by Paal yesterday who was motm for me.

They need more up front and i'm not convinced at all by the goalkeeper but there is something to work with here. If they can somehow get Willock fit and interested or sold that will help but considering how I felt after Watford I'm a lot more hopeful for the rest of the season and now actually looking forward to games again.

I agree with a lot you say there Dave but Willock is running down his contract as he has done at his previous clubs he has no interest at all in us so we are player already down in the squad
If and a big if we can shift him on then I hope we can get a striker in on loan as Dykes and Armstrong will struggle to score 15 goals between them this year

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Today's showing on 11:45 - Aug 27 with 2523 viewsBAWHoops

There's no doubt we are in a far better place than after Watford, and we are losing 'better' than we were last season.
It's a simple plan but one which will be effective with buy in. Sit deep with a strong base of Cook, Fox, Dunne. Colback and Field clogging up the centre to win it back and get it forward to either Dykes who can hold it up, or into space for Armstrong and Smyth to run onto.
It won't work every game, and certainly the better sides in the league will be able to cope with our forward line and also unpick our deep block.... But it's something after a year of pretty much nothing.

There's also 42 games to go

http://blogandwhitehoops.wordpress.com/

Today's showing on 11:46 - Aug 27 with 2516 viewsDejR_vu

Today's showing on 10:49 - Aug 27 by Wegerles_Stairs

The Boro result is inevitable. We know this club - highly fancied promotion favourites without a win, playing like strangers and under pressure....why who's this trundling into town for their next game? Dieng will probably save a penalty too.

It's the two home games after the international break that are critical. Both clearly winnable but to win matches you need to score goals and not present the opposition with gifts.

Gareth's loss rate is now up to 66.6%.

This season, he has a defeat ratio of 80%. That can’t continue. We all know the people running the club have put us right in the 💩 but, but, we have to get this thing going. The performances are heading in the right direction but for all the talk, we’ve lost 4/5 played.

To my mind this is, hopefully, a one-off season where we, effectively, have a 20 game season. 6 or 7 sides we expect to struggle, that’s 12-14 home and away, and the odd side we play when they’re on a bad run. We need to get 50 points out of those games because if we don’t we’re going to have to find them against better teams in better form. That’s an 80-85% hit rate in those 20 games. If we don't pick them up against those sides we’re going to be back to trying to get them from this year’s Burnley away and we won’t get away with it twice.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Today's showing on 12:16 - Aug 27 with 2413 viewsnix

Today's showing on 11:46 - Aug 27 by DejR_vu

This season, he has a defeat ratio of 80%. That can’t continue. We all know the people running the club have put us right in the 💩 but, but, we have to get this thing going. The performances are heading in the right direction but for all the talk, we’ve lost 4/5 played.

To my mind this is, hopefully, a one-off season where we, effectively, have a 20 game season. 6 or 7 sides we expect to struggle, that’s 12-14 home and away, and the odd side we play when they’re on a bad run. We need to get 50 points out of those games because if we don’t we’re going to have to find them against better teams in better form. That’s an 80-85% hit rate in those 20 games. If we don't pick them up against those sides we’re going to be back to trying to get them from this year’s Burnley away and we won’t get away with it twice.

It's stats, though, isn't it? You could equally say that we have 100% record against those 6-7 teams you're talking about with our win against Cardiff. Also if we're talking about relegation/staying up, the cup game isn't relevant.

I don't think we can say we won't pick up any points at all against anyone outside the bottom 6-7 teams. We've so far played three teams that could well be in the top 6-10 teams and been competitive in two out of three of those matches. With a bit of luck we could have drawn if not won them.

I agree with the thought that it's not enough to play well, you have to actually pick up points and we've got a long way before we can relax at all. But I also think your post is negatively biased. We have some flashes of positive progress to give us a hope of staying up.
Today's showing on 12:24 - Aug 27 with 2379 viewsDejR_vu

Today's showing on 12:16 - Aug 27 by nix

It's stats, though, isn't it? You could equally say that we have 100% record against those 6-7 teams you're talking about with our win against Cardiff. Also if we're talking about relegation/staying up, the cup game isn't relevant.

I don't think we can say we won't pick up any points at all against anyone outside the bottom 6-7 teams. We've so far played three teams that could well be in the top 6-10 teams and been competitive in two out of three of those matches. With a bit of luck we could have drawn if not won them.

I agree with the thought that it's not enough to play well, you have to actually pick up points and we've got a long way before we can relax at all. But I also think your post is negatively biased. We have some flashes of positive progress to give us a hope of staying up.

I agree, Nix, on the 100%, which is my point really, we need to get a high hit rate against those clubs.

I’m not saying we won’t pick up points against some of the better sides, we will, but I don’t think it will be enough to offset any that we drop against the poor sides. We have a paper thin squad, we’re going to struggle when we have injuries, we can already see that just through the drop off after we make subs.

I just think, this year, more than most, we can’t waste opportunities because I don’t think we’re equipped to make them up regularly elsewhere.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Today's showing on 13:08 - Aug 27 with 2294 viewsnix

Today's showing on 12:24 - Aug 27 by DejR_vu

I agree, Nix, on the 100%, which is my point really, we need to get a high hit rate against those clubs.

I’m not saying we won’t pick up points against some of the better sides, we will, but I don’t think it will be enough to offset any that we drop against the poor sides. We have a paper thin squad, we’re going to struggle when we have injuries, we can already see that just through the drop off after we make subs.

I just think, this year, more than most, we can’t waste opportunities because I don’t think we’re equipped to make them up regularly elsewhere.

That's fair enough. The next couple of months will be interesting!
Today's showing on 13:08 - Aug 27 with 2295 viewsThird_Division_South

Today's showing on 09:41 - Aug 27 by daveB

I do get some of the negativity in that we obviously lost again and it's been a long calendar year of getting beat most weeks. For all the hype I didn't think Southampton were that great and it was a bit of a missed opportunity, they'll be far better later in the season when the new players come in and they settle down, good signs for them that they are getting results still during this transition period. Although I find Russell Martins style of 50 sideways passes for the sake of it rather than a shot on goal a bit dull to watch.

I'm quite positive on us though and that comes from seeing us since the World Cup break and whatever the result I've walked away from almost every game thinking we were absolute dogshit today with a feeling of fury and desperation in my gut. The last 4 games despite losing 3 on the bounce I haven't felt that, the performances have been much better.

A lot more energy in the team and a clear game plan now with and without the ball which was missing last season.

I thought once we got level we looked a good side, played well on the break and should have gone ahead. That was the period of the game where we lost it imo, had to take one of those chances and get a lead as they were always going to dominate the ball as the game wore on

Even after going behind there was no dropping of heads, we kept going and had chances to get level, just a lack of quality in the final 3rd again and a bit if inexperience as well from a few. Duke Mckenna had a few chances to just move the ball quickly but took too many touches and lost it, Kolli caught in two minds at the end and messing up a good chance.

I'm not suggesting we're going to be up there this year, this is a bottom half team who will still do well to stay up but I can at least see what we're trying to do now and coming away from games thinking we've had a real go at that. We need results of course but after that horror show last season I can see a decent QPR team emerging here, even Dozzell was much improved yesterday.
Smyth again was very good down the right, obviously going to make mistakes defensively but offers so much going the other way. Armstrong good again and finished the 90 mins, Field and Colback both played well and impressed by Paal yesterday who was motm for me.

They need more up front and i'm not convinced at all by the goalkeeper but there is something to work with here. If they can somehow get Willock fit and interested or sold that will help but considering how I felt after Watford I'm a lot more hopeful for the rest of the season and now actually looking forward to games again.

Agree with most of this Dave. What I want to see is a a Rangers team giving it all and to walk away not feeling disappointed. Last year and after the Watford game I couldn’t see any way back but things have changed greatly over the last three games. Yes we’ve lost the last two but as far as I can remember we’ve not/hardly spent a penny over the last three transfer windows and the player who scored against us yesterday cost£15 million. To be going toe to toe with a virtually prem squad and being unlucky is much better than I expected. We have to win our mini league this season against the likes of Rotherham and Wednesday and I’m pretty confident now we will.
Login to get fewer ads

Today's showing on 13:19 - Aug 27 with 2267 viewsHooping_Mad

A lot of great point in this thread, but the fact remains if we can't start getting a few more goals we are in effect discussing the positions of the deckchairs on the Titanic.

Sadly it's already putting pressure on the new GK as his Tally isn't going to be in his favour playing counter attacking football with poor fitness levels and just few players with pace. If we cannot soak up 90 minutes of Watford/Ipswitch/Soton then which teams/games have we earmarked as 'winnable'?

We look better but I am not convinced this is 'the way', if it doesn't click soon worried that a plan B will out of the question.

We need pace to work with this style and with Dunne and Dykes being the only realistic prospects to return for any real duration I just don't see this working with a thin squad

Would love to be wrong.

Chairman of the Junior Hoilett appreciation society

Today's showing on 14:07 - Aug 27 with 2191 viewsWegerles_Stairs

From the BBC: The worst start to a season for Watford then in 12 years, as they slip to back-to-back defeats.

Just as well for them they played us in the first game!
Today's showing on 14:08 - Aug 27 with 2200 viewsloftboy

This reminds me a bit of the start to 90/91 season, Don Howe said that a team is going to be on the end of a good thumping, we promptly beat Luton 6–1. I firmly believe we aren’t too far away from a side that will be safe by the time March arrives.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Today's showing on 14:38 - Aug 27 with 2119 viewsNov77

maybe the Oxford 5-0 and the Watford 4-0 helped with GA's expectation reset, a lot of you seem happy now with narrow defeats rather than heavy ones. simple contrast, it seems like an improvement, but it's still our 2nd worst start to a season since re got relegated.

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

Today's showing on 14:44 - Aug 27 with 2108 viewsnix

Today's showing on 14:07 - Aug 27 by Wegerles_Stairs

From the BBC: The worst start to a season for Watford then in 12 years, as they slip to back-to-back defeats.

Just as well for them they played us in the first game!

I just watched them against Blackburn and they really struggled to hit anywhere near the target. Our match was a bit of an anomaly I think. Every shot they struck went in. Nothing like that today.
Today's showing on 15:07 - Aug 27 with 2059 viewsnumptydumpty

Decent first team but off bench relying on youngsters rarely succeeds.

We have moments of promise in all the games since Watford but only one result.

Tbh I am happy with the style, the attitude, the general play, just the finishing is lacking but if the target is avoid the bottom three, can't say currently that is a prospect I am concerned about.

But four or five injuries and we will be a much lesser outfit.

I feel we need a couple more minimum in.

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Today's showing on 15:17 - Aug 27 with 2023 viewsconnell10

I think I said this before but I think as usual people are over hyping the quality of teams in the championship. I haven't seen one great team yet , mostly bang average, and some real crap. So I think Rangers have a good chance of staying up on the back of what I've seen so far.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Today's showing on 15:18 - Aug 27 with 2018 viewsconnell10

Today's showing on 15:17 - Aug 27 by connell10

I think I said this before but I think as usual people are over hyping the quality of teams in the championship. I haven't seen one great team yet , mostly bang average, and some real crap. So I think Rangers have a good chance of staying up on the back of what I've seen so far.

Plus there is bound to be teams hit with FFP.

Today's showing on 16:17 - Aug 27 with 1926 viewsDavieQPR

Southampton were at their most vulnerable yesterday. They have sold some very good players and the replacements aren't in yet.
For all the hype about preventing injuries we are not doing very well.
Just a shame we signed Richards and haven't sold Willock.
Today's showing on 00:29 - Aug 28 with 1745 viewsVancouverHoop

From a Saints supporter:

"From the highlights it looks like QPR were robbed yesterday. Southampton look good going forward but were bullied around at the back."

Obviously he wasn't at the match, but — like other oppo fans — he was clearly impressed by Sinc & Smyth. If only the end product would arrive with them.
Today's showing on 05:35 - Aug 28 with 1670 viewsswisscottage

Today's showing on 09:32 - Aug 27 by Rangersw12

Don't know if you went yesterday but the fans were behind the team all game

As predicted if the players show they are up for the fight then the fans will respond .

In fact the fans have been excellent all season

with the exception of Watford when I thought they were a complete disgrace, matching the team's performance.
Today's showing on 08:17 - Aug 28 with 1533 viewsgazza1

We will not be winning many games if we do not improve the amount of time we have possession of the ball....I do not know the %% of time Saints had the ball but it must have been 70% of the time.
Today's showing on 08:19 - Aug 28 with 1534 viewsDeanoMD

Great to see a positive post instead of the usual moaning and whining about every single thing the club, team and manager do.

We all know there are still issues but constantly going on and on and on will change nothing, focus on the positives and build on them. I believe GA will sort things out given the time.

Last four games things have been vastly improved from last years appalling performances so credit where it's due to GA and the team for getting that sorted. We have a team again that we can be proud of.

Dozzell looks a different player now and Kakay is showing promise too.

Results will come if they keep doing what they are doing.
Today's showing on 08:46 - Aug 28 with 1479 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

I think we will stay up, and considering my thoughts pre and post Watford I'm pretty amazed!
My reasons.....

They look like they want to play for the shirt.
Finally, we have pace.
Becoming harder to breakdown.
A couple of older heads in the team.
A couple of youngsters starting to make an impact, or get a chance.
We could/should have drawn against both Ipswich and Southampton.

It will still be a long season, but we have a chance. We do need to make Loftus Road a fortress though.
Today's showing on 09:38 - Aug 28 with 1345 viewsconnell10

Today's showing on 08:17 - Aug 28 by gazza1

We will not be winning many games if we do not improve the amount of time we have possession of the ball....I do not know the %% of time Saints had the ball but it must have been 70% of the time.

Leicester won the prem averaging 35% possession , its what you do with the football that counts.

Today's showing on 13:03 - Aug 28 with 1142 viewsNov77

Today's showing on 09:38 - Aug 28 by connell10

Leicester won the prem averaging 35% possession , its what you do with the football that counts.

Well we’re not doing much,

QPR rank 23rd in the league in each of the following categories:

Average Possession : 32%
Pass Accuracy : 67.1%
Average shots per game : 8

Only Rotherham are below us in each

QPR are 1 of only 6 teams yet to score a goal from a set piece.

(From hoops and dreams)
[Post edited 28 Aug 2023 13:06]

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

Today's showing on 13:57 - Aug 28 with 1041 viewsderbyhoop

Despite the improved performance, I've not seen anything that makes me think we're better than low mid-table. At best.

We don't look like we will score a lot of goals and, as others have said, the squad is fairly weak. Even if Dunne, JCS, Willock, Richards; Dykes and Kelman come back, and are in their best form.

I think we'll find 3 teams worse than us but anything ABOVE 22nd should be regarded as an achievement. For this season, only.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024