Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Everton goal. 17:17 - Oct 22 with 2232 viewsShackletonR

Why are we so vunerable to set pieces or percentage balls in to the box, its like panic stations soon as a cross comes in, is zonenal making the answer or is it that word what we got told at school (when you was looking out the window thinking of the class prk tease - miss santini was mine but thats another story) concentrate, the soft goals we concede through individual errors are driving me mad.

"Stan work hard, could score goals in the air, and was complete team player. He headed balls off the line, and he had so much skill, balance, finesse and amazing touch. His mobility, that electrifying burst of 30 yards was exciting to watch"...Don Shanks.

Everton goal. on 17:19 - Oct 22 with 2225 viewsRangersAreBack

According to the pundits on MOTD2 Hughes is employing zonal marking from set pieces. Not a fan. Wasn't a fan when Benetiz introduced it at Liverpool and remain unconvinced now.
Everton goal. on 17:23 - Oct 22 with 2217 viewsNeil_SI

We were pretty poor from defending all corners and free kicks. It's a lack of basics really and the way players got pulled about or lost their markers has simply not been good enough for this level.

They need to do more work on the training ground. I'm not sure you can point the finger at this being a new team when it comes to this, because it doesn't necessarily have anything to do with needing to gel.

There was one free kick in the middle of the park where the entire team just switched off and allowed Everton to march forward with the ball with two players attacking oceans of space in front of them. Perhaps that, where there's new players and a lack of leadership and organisation, can be attributed to so many new personnel, but I'd still expect better.

But on a more positive note, it's an area that can be worked on relatively quickly and see fast improvements. There's no reason why we can't do better with this stuff, but there does need to be that little bit more desire to keep the ball out, from everybody. I've not seen enough pride in the players in terms of protecting their house and keeping the ball out of the back of their net.
Everton goal. on 17:26 - Oct 22 with 2204 viewsJonDoeman

Stoke will be licking their lips.

It Is What It Is !!

Everton goal. on 17:30 - Oct 22 with 2193 viewsNeil_SI

Everton goal. on 17:26 - Oct 22 by JonDoeman

Stoke will be licking their lips.

Well we didn't do too badly up at their place last season, but it's all about keeping the ball and being confident with it. If we can play fast and incisive football, we'll cause them problems.

We were excellent that day and the group of players we have now can certainly reach those kind of heights with their performance. Our last away win too, I believe!
Everton goal. on 18:33 - Oct 22 with 2163 viewsRangersAreBack

The laughable thing was that whilst other Everton players made complex runs, Distin simply took 1 step back.
Everton goal. on 19:20 - Oct 22 with 2150 viewsJonDoeman

Everton goal. on 17:30 - Oct 22 by Neil_SI

Well we didn't do too badly up at their place last season, but it's all about keeping the ball and being confident with it. If we can play fast and incisive football, we'll cause them problems.

We were excellent that day and the group of players we have now can certainly reach those kind of heights with their performance. Our last away win too, I believe!

Hope so Neil.
This giving away free headers in the box, will have to stop.

It Is What It Is !!

Everton goal. on 19:24 - Oct 22 with 2138 viewsNorthernr

1 - constant chopping and changing of the defence (caused by injury) breeds confusion.
2 - Although you'd think Nelsen should counter this a bit, we're lacking vocal leaders in the team talking and organising things.
3 - Individuals not doing their jobs properly - in several cases yesterday that was Zamora.
Everton goal. on 20:16 - Oct 22 with 2094 viewssmegma

Everton goal. on 17:30 - Oct 22 by Neil_SI

Last home league win as well ! Our only double last season.
Login to get fewer ads

Everton goal. on 20:21 - Oct 22 with 2089 viewskensalriser

Everton goal. on 20:16 - Oct 22 by smegma

That was Stoke wasn't it?

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Everton goal. on 07:44 - Oct 23 with 2038 viewsNeil_SI

Everton goal. on 20:16 - Oct 22 by smegma

Maybe that will be where we win and turn it all around, except, that's the first match I'm going to miss in a very long time, home or away!

That would be typical.
Everton goal. on 07:53 - Oct 23 with 2034 viewskropotkin41

Everton goal. on 07:44 - Oct 23 by Neil_SI

Maybe that will be where we win and turn it all around, except, that's the first match I'm going to miss in a very long time, home or away!

That would be typical.

Well maybe you're the problem!! You need to be dropped!

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

Everton goal. on 08:48 - Oct 23 with 2000 viewsjamois

Everton goal. on 07:44 - Oct 23 by Neil_SI

That would be typical.

A banning order on you Neil. Stay in bed please, home and away, until we get our next win.

Poll: What's our back 4 for Wembley?

Everton goal. on 08:51 - Oct 23 with 1997 viewsNeil_SI

Everton goal. on 08:48 - Oct 23 by jamois

A banning order on you Neil. Stay in bed please, home and away, until we get our next win.

I reckon it's Clive, pretty sure he missed Wigan and Arsenal last year and we won both of those!
Everton goal. on 08:57 - Oct 23 with 1993 viewsjamois

Everton goal. on 08:51 - Oct 23 by Neil_SI

I reckon it's Clive, pretty sure he missed Wigan and Arsenal last year and we won both of those!

Sounds worth a try to me. Isn't he due for a holiday or something anyway? We can get Scott Jones to do the match report.

Poll: What's our back 4 for Wembley?

Everton goal. on 09:17 - Oct 23 with 1978 viewsTW_R

Everton goal. on 17:19 - Oct 22 by RangersAreBack

According to the pundits on MOTD2 Hughes is employing zonal marking from set pieces. Not a fan. Wasn't a fan when Benetiz introduced it at Liverpool and remain unconvinced now.

Yeah - McCarthy sort of alluded to that, but Nelson wasn't zonal marking, he was tracking his man. So either the most experienced defender on the pitch decided he was going to ignore what he was told in training and ignore his "zone" or he was told to mark his man.

McCarthy also said that we should look to be attacking the ball in the air, which is hardly an incisive piece of insight.

In the end, it was embarrassing that a simple chipped ball into the box can create so much space for the attacking team 8 yards from goal.
Everton goal. on 09:29 - Oct 23 with 1967 viewsstansleftfoot

Everton goal. on 09:17 - Oct 23 by TW_R

Yeah - McCarthy sort of alluded to that, but Nelson wasn't zonal marking, he was tracking his man. So either the most experienced defender on the pitch decided he was going to ignore what he was told in training and ignore his "zone" or he was told to mark his man.

McCarthy also said that we should look to be attacking the ball in the air, which is hardly an incisive piece of insight.

In the end, it was embarrassing that a simple chipped ball into the box can create so much space for the attacking team 8 yards from goal.

All the defenders picked up players and Zamora was so intent on telling people what to do, he did nothing other than point, Nelsen, and Mbia picked up and tracked, Zamora was still in the same place when the free kick was taken, Distin hits the post and the ball hits Cesar....OG and Zamora is 5 yards off his player.
Zamora is neither very good in the air when attacking and is a liability when defending....to old to be taught better.....did it before and will do it again!
Zamora is going Zonal and he's the only player in that Zone.
Classic defence is one of two options, Italian; Mark the attacking players space and block the run, the ball is of no interest. The Rest, Face the ball, get a hand on the player so you know where he is when the kick is taken, if your hands and arms are already raised when the ball is in the air you cannot challenge...schoolboy stuff.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024