Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Note to MH 17:00 - Nov 4 with 1976 viewsBirminghamR

Dear Mark

Best team/formation (for when Mbia back)

Cesar
Bosingwa Mbia Nelson Traore
Diakete Faurlin
Hoillett Granero Tarrabt
Cisse

Hints
SWP sub at best
Mackie supersub
Zamora to come on when we need ball winner up front
Park to come on for either midfield player of wide player when we want to tighten it up.

My Main Point
Control of games is won or lost in midfield.
Managers should select a formation to get the best out of their squad (not fit team to formation)
The 3 best players at the club (excl Tarrabt) are in midfield
Got to have Diakete Granero and Faurlin in same midfield - just got to
A DFG midfield prtoects the defence, keeps possession and can create.

Oh and one more thing - Adel for captain (passion, commitment, love of club, game changer etc).

You'll just need to sort it out with Ji Sung.

best of liuck

Steve the Birmingham R

Note - I know MH won't read these posts (!) but makes me feel better stating the obvious

Note to MH on 17:06 - Nov 4 with 1944 viewsWatfordR

Dont disagree, personally think the only issue is whether any of our three CMs in that formation have the discipline to sit in and protect the defence enough.

But I think the advantage is that this formation could be adapted so that you can play a settled team home or away.
Note to MH on 17:07 - Nov 4 with 1937 viewsWeaverQPR

Hughes wont be in the job when Mbia comes back.

@WeavQPR

Note to MH on 17:17 - Nov 4 with 1902 viewsBazWoT

M'bia's out for two more games, if he wasn'y should be defensive midfielder.

Cesar
Bosingwa Ferdinand NelsonTraore
Granero Diakite Faurlin
Hoilett Cisse Taarabt

Much the same as yours but Cisse has two games to get the goals, which hopefully he will, if not.

Back 5 above

M'bia
Granero Diakite Faurlin
Hoilett Taarabt

WE R PREMIER LEAGUE, SAY!!!

Note to MH on 17:18 - Nov 4 with 1897 viewsRanger78

I agree with your points and team selection.

Im still not a big fan of change and not convinced a new manager will give us instant success but i'm not sure how many more times we can excuse slow starts, horrific defending and missing chances... Something has to give.

The players do still appear to be with Hughes and thats about the only positive I have tonight.

I think Hughes biggest mistake as a manger is the squad he has assembled. Its inexcusble to spend the money he has and start a Premier League season with a defence as bad as ours.
Note to MH on 17:50 - Nov 4 with 1856 viewsBirminghamR

Note to MH on 17:18 - Nov 4 by Ranger78

I agree with your points and team selection.

Im still not a big fan of change and not convinced a new manager will give us instant success but i'm not sure how many more times we can excuse slow starts, horrific defending and missing chances... Something has to give.

The players do still appear to be with Hughes and thats about the only positive I have tonight.

I think Hughes biggest mistake as a manger is the squad he has assembled. Its inexcusble to spend the money he has and start a Premier League season with a defence as bad as ours.

Ranger78
Agree 100% that MH should never have started the season without a sorted defence.
Like a kid in a sweetshop buying 2 gobstoppers when he could only eat one- read goalkeepers.
Spending all the pocket money on a whizz bang midfield extra (Granero), not to mention 2 left wingers (Hoillett in tarrbs postion) while not seeing to the basics - a rock solid defence.
Ok - he tried getting Samba.....
he'll learn - but soon enough?...
Note to MH on 17:54 - Nov 4 with 1844 viewsBirminghamR

Note to MH on 17:17 - Nov 4 by BazWoT

M'bia's out for two more games, if he wasn'y should be defensive midfielder.

Cesar
Bosingwa Ferdinand NelsonTraore
Granero Diakite Faurlin
Hoilett Cisse Taarabt

Much the same as yours but Cisse has two games to get the goals, which hopefully he will, if not.

Back 5 above

M'bia
Granero Diakite Faurlin
Hoilett Taarabt

Bazwot
Interesting point re Mbia playing in mid behind D F G
Good but surely Hoillett and tarbs not got the presence to play up front.
Still think Mbia best placed in CD...but you've given me food for thought here.
Note to MH on 18:36 - Nov 4 with 1783 viewsBazWoT

Note to MH on 17:54 - Nov 4 by BirminghamR

Bazwot
Interesting point re Mbia playing in mid behind D F G
Good but surely Hoillett and tarbs not got the presence to play up front.
Still think Mbia best placed in CD...but you've given me food for thought here.

It's his natural position, although a decent defender, far better as DM.

With the three behind I think Taarabt and Hoilett could rip teams and be something your standard back four wouldn't expect.

Note to MH on 18:41 - Nov 4 with 1773 viewsClive_Anderson

The thing is that while I think your selection is better, I can't believe that the players we sent out today could be overran by Reading's midfield.

I thought we'd have had at least one or two games so far where the midfield bossed the opposition, but the only game we came close with is the Spurs away game. Other than that we've looked totally lightweight as a unit. I don't get it.
Login to get fewer ads

Note to MH on 18:43 - Nov 4 with 1762 viewsBazWoT

Note to MH on 18:41 - Nov 4 by Clive_Anderson

The thing is that while I think your selection is better, I can't believe that the players we sent out today could be overran by Reading's midfield.

I thought we'd have had at least one or two games so far where the midfield bossed the opposition, but the only game we came close with is the Spurs away game. Other than that we've looked totally lightweight as a unit. I don't get it.

We need the three in mid to boss it.

Two in the middle is old hat.

Note to MH on 19:03 - Nov 4 with 1735 viewsJHoop

Cisse is not a lone striker, Hughes has already tried that one.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024