Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is it last season again? 16:59 - Aug 24 with 13239 viewsGhanaDale

I'm sorry, but from someone who was at the match that was utter dogshite
9 players went missing today, only credit goes to Lancashire and Henderson but otherwise that was a pile of steaming turd. Not impressed!

www.facebook.com/projectaura

Is it last season again? on 17:17 - Aug 24 with 7334 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Another self destruct away performance......all good home form undone.
Is it last season again? on 17:21 - Aug 24 with 7311 viewsTalkingSutty

Similar verdict to a couple of others who have sent me updates from the game.

Both Donnelly and Hogan have roles to play in the team but the lack of an experienced goalscorer is there for all to see, if one of them is missing from the team we have nothing on the bench and today was an example (this isnt a reaction to the defeat,i think its been obvious since the season started)

Three away games and no goals, when you look at the squad its obvious we are lacking a forward since Grants departure ,the two we have are too similar and rather diminutive.

The defence and midfield look ok.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Is it last season again? on 17:40 - Aug 24 with 7205 viewsColDale

We've a style of play which relies on two fellas up front, running the opposition defence into submission. With one missing, it was going to be hard to adapt. Wasn't at the game but you could tell it was a below par performance. That said, certainly from the point Tutte went off, it sounded like we controlled the game and could well have snatched it.

If its true as reported that Tutte had a bit of a dummy spit when he went off (heard off two different sources), then he's blown it. He's been given a chance due to the Cav suspension and he's not grabbed it, and I'm sure he'll be told after the game about how he should never have been taken off, the fact remains we played significantly better after his withdrawal. Hill will forgive the dummy spit but only when its earned.

I don't know whether Hill's built up too much expectation or whether people want things too soon, but last time he was here, his record season by season was: avoid relegation to a top half finish, play offs, play offs, automatic promotion, top half of League One. It's as if there should be a guaranteed leap from season one to season four. We weren't a perfect side in his second season last time but we are leap years from that nervy second half at Exeter where the results were coming in from elsewhere.

We've lost three games now - all away. Two of them by own goals and another by a penalty, and five games in Chesterfield remain the only side to score against us in open play (and we're still the only side to take a point off them this season).

The bigger picture is we are getting it right and surely Hill has built up enough trust over the years that we don't go OTT over one defeat in Devon.
Is it last season again? on 17:41 - Aug 24 with 7188 viewsRalphs12

Is it last season again? on 17:40 - Aug 24 by ColDale

We've a style of play which relies on two fellas up front, running the opposition defence into submission. With one missing, it was going to be hard to adapt. Wasn't at the game but you could tell it was a below par performance. That said, certainly from the point Tutte went off, it sounded like we controlled the game and could well have snatched it.

If its true as reported that Tutte had a bit of a dummy spit when he went off (heard off two different sources), then he's blown it. He's been given a chance due to the Cav suspension and he's not grabbed it, and I'm sure he'll be told after the game about how he should never have been taken off, the fact remains we played significantly better after his withdrawal. Hill will forgive the dummy spit but only when its earned.

I don't know whether Hill's built up too much expectation or whether people want things too soon, but last time he was here, his record season by season was: avoid relegation to a top half finish, play offs, play offs, automatic promotion, top half of League One. It's as if there should be a guaranteed leap from season one to season four. We weren't a perfect side in his second season last time but we are leap years from that nervy second half at Exeter where the results were coming in from elsewhere.

We've lost three games now - all away. Two of them by own goals and another by a penalty, and five games in Chesterfield remain the only side to score against us in open play (and we're still the only side to take a point off them this season).

The bigger picture is we are getting it right and surely Hill has built up enough trust over the years that we don't go OTT over one defeat in Devon.

This.
Is it last season again? on 18:01 - Aug 24 with 7120 viewsTalkingSutty

Good post and cant disagree with any of it but when you have failed to run the opposition into the ground and you dont look like scoring there comes a time when you have to look for a plan B. Sometimes you have to go direct in this league and you need the player to play that role.

The bottom line for me is Grants goals have been taken away and we havent got goals coming from all different departments so we need another recognised forward. I was hoping Done would have forced his way into the team by now but from his cameo performances he doesnt seem up to pace yet ( i have been disappointed up to now), but Done isnt a goalscorer so we shouldnt pin hopes on him delivering the goods.

Donnelly wasnt down to play since last Monday so it surprises me we went into todays fixture with no replacement, when we do sign somebody which will probably be within the next two weeks i reckon, it will seem like shutting the door after the horse has bolted.
Is it last season again? on 18:02 - Aug 24 with 7104 viewsSalwaDale

Agree with all that Col.

I was very surprised when Tutte was given a contract. In fairness I thought he was good at Doncaster but poor the rest of the time. Again, not there today, but it did sound like we improved. Time to leave Tutte out or move him on, too many chances and I think we'd be much better off without his attitude.

TBBT

Is it last season again? on 18:16 - Aug 24 with 7045 viewsGhanaDale

Tutte was OK today, did very little right, did little wrong.
However the reaction he gave when being subbed was a disgrace, threw various items of clothing on the floor. I could understand if he was being brought off after a decent performance, alas he wasn't!

www.facebook.com/projectaura

Is it last season again? on 18:17 - Aug 24 with 7036 viewsColDale

Is it last season again? on 18:01 - Aug 24 by TalkingSutty

Good post and cant disagree with any of it but when you have failed to run the opposition into the ground and you dont look like scoring there comes a time when you have to look for a plan B. Sometimes you have to go direct in this league and you need the player to play that role.

The bottom line for me is Grants goals have been taken away and we havent got goals coming from all different departments so we need another recognised forward. I was hoping Done would have forced his way into the team by now but from his cameo performances he doesnt seem up to pace yet ( i have been disappointed up to now), but Done isnt a goalscorer so we shouldnt pin hopes on him delivering the goods.

Donnelly wasnt down to play since last Monday so it surprises me we went into todays fixture with no replacement, when we do sign somebody which will probably be within the next two weeks i reckon, it will seem like shutting the door after the horse has bolted.

Plan B is playing Done instead and Plan C is bringing Bunney off the bench. We tried both of those. It would be great if we had a squad which coped with all outcome but financial reality means that will never happen. Even in the promotion season, we didn't really have anyone up front other Daggers and COG.

Done's not at the top of his game at the moment, but he'll take time just like he did last time. It wasn't until the 2nd half of the season that he came good in Lge 1. Hopefully it won't take him that long but we need to be patient.
Login to get fewer ads

Is it last season again? on 18:20 - Aug 24 with 7017 viewsColDale

Is it last season again? on 18:16 - Aug 24 by GhanaDale

Tutte was OK today, did very little right, did little wrong.
However the reaction he gave when being subbed was a disgrace, threw various items of clothing on the floor. I could understand if he was being brought off after a decent performance, alas he wasn't!

let's hope the reaction was frustration at himself and his own performance, rather than anything else.
Is it last season again? on 18:29 - Aug 24 with 6962 viewsTalkingSutty

Is it last season again? on 18:17 - Aug 24 by ColDale

Plan B is playing Done instead and Plan C is bringing Bunney off the bench. We tried both of those. It would be great if we had a squad which coped with all outcome but financial reality means that will never happen. Even in the promotion season, we didn't really have anyone up front other Daggers and COG.

Done's not at the top of his game at the moment, but he'll take time just like he did last time. It wasn't until the 2nd half of the season that he came good in Lge 1. Hopefully it won't take him that long but we need to be patient.

Well plan B and C dont fill me with much confidence when it comes to finding the net. Done isnt a striker and Bunney is a raw young kid.
In the promotion season we had defenders and midfield players who all chipped in with plenty of goals so i dont think we can compare that team with this one.

Even so, when you look at Donnellys record and the fact that Hogan is new to the football league its not difficult to come up with the conclusion we need another striker.

We sold Grant and still have money in the budget, goals are what bring you points and we have lost all three away games 1-0, that suggests something to me, obviously we disagree
Is it last season again? on 19:18 - Aug 24 with 6808 viewsYouTubeDale

I thought Lillis touched him but only slightly and not enough to give a pen - the word "soft" penalty is even too harsh. For the game to be decided on this wasn't fair to Rochdale and I think we deserved a draw. We cancelled each other out. They were stronger than us in the first half. Lillis put himself in the right place at the right time to keep them out. In the second half we began bossing the game a bit.Throughout, Morgan was a real handful and we struggled to contain him.
I felt sorry for Hogan because the ball didn't quite fall for him on numerous occasions. He was feeding off half chances which very nearly resulted in more than one goal from nothing.
Tutte had tenacity when it mattered and used his strength and pace to take the ball up field and out of danger. I didn't see his tantrum but if he did I see it as frustration - it is meant in a positive way and we shouldn't have a go at him.
Bunney did try but just needed a break but could n't quite manage a killer pass or getting away for a chance of his own.
We lacked that "je ne sais quoi" from Donnelly but in the end we fell short, courtesy of a dubious ref decision.
[Post edited 24 Aug 2013 19:33]

Jesus saves but Beasley scores off the rebound.
Poll: Do you want Keith Hill to leave immediately?

Is it last season again? on 19:25 - Aug 24 with 6777 views442Dale

Is it last season again? on 18:29 - Aug 24 by TalkingSutty

Well plan B and C dont fill me with much confidence when it comes to finding the net. Done isnt a striker and Bunney is a raw young kid.
In the promotion season we had defenders and midfield players who all chipped in with plenty of goals so i dont think we can compare that team with this one.

Even so, when you look at Donnellys record and the fact that Hogan is new to the football league its not difficult to come up with the conclusion we need another striker.

We sold Grant and still have money in the budget, goals are what bring you points and we have lost all three away games 1-0, that suggests something to me, obviously we disagree

The plan A, B and C should involve a forward who retains possession and reads the game, not all of the time - it's League 2 and you don't get a COG every year - but it has to happen almost all of the time. It's not down to one player not being good enough, but finding someone who can play the role naturally.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Is it last season again? on 19:34 - Aug 24 with 6746 viewsShun

The curse of Devon strikes again.
Is it last season again? on 23:27 - Aug 24 with 6413 viewsTalkingSutty

Is it last season again? on 19:25 - Aug 24 by 442Dale

The plan A, B and C should involve a forward who retains possession and reads the game, not all of the time - it's League 2 and you don't get a COG every year - but it has to happen almost all of the time. It's not down to one player not being good enough, but finding someone who can play the role naturally.

Exactly, i dont think we have that player to call on. Its not a slight on the forwards that we currently have because they all bring something to the party but the point about holding the ball up and retaining possesion is a very valid one.

Finding another COG would probably prove impossible but a similar type player playing a similar role can bring success and that was proved in our promotion season. I have thought from day one our forwards are to similar and its away games when another option can help the team keep possesion and bring other players into the attacking third.
Is it last season again? on 00:58 - Aug 25 with 6343 viewsThreeLions

When plan a or b arent working why not push Vincenti up top. Its definetly worth a try
Is it last season again? on 11:03 - Aug 25 with 6059 viewsdilligas

Defensively dale are a better unit, although I feel Lillis has been partially or completely to blame for all three away goals this season.

It's in attack we're lightweight for all hogans efforts and skill a wily old campaigner like Branston had him in his pocket. Done was quiet and Henderson ineffective in fact no one really impressed upfront or in midfield. I hope that hill can work his magic and a forward can appear by next week.
Is it last season again? on 13:07 - Aug 25 with 5942 viewsTalkingSutty

I think Chaff constructed a post prior to the season starting which showed how many goals we have lost from the team by one player or the other leaving over the last twelve months or so.

Even if Donnelly and Hogan score on a regular basis we still need another recognised striker because the season has started and now isnt the time to hope somebody like Bunny will suddenly start smacking the goals in as a replacement, its not fair on the youngster to expect that.

I would put good money on it that there is no other club in this league with less goals per appearance than us when you look through their squads.. We dont have one player with any sort of goalscoring record really which worries me.
Is it last season again? on 15:19 - Aug 25 with 5817 viewsgreener

Hi all.
Can I add my thoughts. As an Argyle fan I am pleased with the 3 points. Also happy we were able to apply some pressure in the first half. However I lef the ground feeling very concerned and ever so slightly green with envy following your second half performance. I thought your lad Hogan was superb and was certain he was going to score. He was a real pest and got better and better as the game went on. I would think that him and Donnelly are going to be a good pairing in this league. The slick pass and move style you have really should have got you at least a share of the points. Then throw in the penalty and it could have been a good day for you. Luckily for us our backs to the wall deffending in the second half was just enough to keep you out. Your team played some superb football, the tide had turned from the beginning of the second half and it turned into a seige around our goal. We didn't cope with how good you were with the ball. Chacing shadows for virtually the whole second half. I think you will be a strong team this season. However your season goes I think you are going to get entertained. Good luck.
Is it last season again? on 17:03 - Aug 25 with 5708 viewsdalenumber2

Is it last season again? on 15:19 - Aug 25 by greener

Hi all.
Can I add my thoughts. As an Argyle fan I am pleased with the 3 points. Also happy we were able to apply some pressure in the first half. However I lef the ground feeling very concerned and ever so slightly green with envy following your second half performance. I thought your lad Hogan was superb and was certain he was going to score. He was a real pest and got better and better as the game went on. I would think that him and Donnelly are going to be a good pairing in this league. The slick pass and move style you have really should have got you at least a share of the points. Then throw in the penalty and it could have been a good day for you. Luckily for us our backs to the wall deffending in the second half was just enough to keep you out. Your team played some superb football, the tide had turned from the beginning of the second half and it turned into a seige around our goal. We didn't cope with how good you were with the ball. Chacing shadows for virtually the whole second half. I think you will be a strong team this season. However your season goes I think you are going to get entertained. Good luck.

Constructive comments like yours are always welcome. Good luck for the rest of the season.
Is it last season again? on 18:54 - Aug 25 with 5615 viewsTomRAFC

Not been able to get to any games yet this season being an exile daley but every dale fan I have spoken to seems to be saying the same two things.

1. We need an experienced centre back to partner Lancashire.

2. We need an out and out striker with some physical presence and a decent scoring record to partner Hogan.

Otherwise the tactics and quality are there in order for this to be a quality season.

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

Is it last season again? on 19:17 - Aug 25 with 5593 views442Dale

Is it last season again? on 18:54 - Aug 25 by TomRAFC

Not been able to get to any games yet this season being an exile daley but every dale fan I have spoken to seems to be saying the same two things.

1. We need an experienced centre back to partner Lancashire.

2. We need an out and out striker with some physical presence and a decent scoring record to partner Hogan.

Otherwise the tactics and quality are there in order for this to be a quality season.

Not much wrong with the centre halves we have, O'Connell is decent and there's not much to choose between Eastham and Lancashire. We'd definitely be restricting their development unnecessarily if we brought someone else in.

The striker issue has been there before we started.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Is it last season again? on 19:35 - Aug 25 with 5561 viewsDorsetDale

Is it last season again? on 19:17 - Aug 25 by 442Dale

Not much wrong with the centre halves we have, O'Connell is decent and there's not much to choose between Eastham and Lancashire. We'd definitely be restricting their development unnecessarily if we brought someone else in.

Agreed, in fact in first half yesterday, I thought O'Connell played as well as could be expected and in my opinion was the outstanding performer for Dale during the pressure inflicted upon our defence!

YOU do not have the right to give someone else permission to tell me what I can and can't do.

Is it last season again? on 19:38 - Aug 25 with 5560 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Is it last season again? on 19:17 - Aug 25 by 442Dale

Agree,,,,,sod the defence it's fine and with cover around.

Upfront a proven striker would be great(in fact someone just like Bobby Grant)
Is it last season again? on 20:32 - Aug 25 with 5513 viewsAtThePeake

We were seriously poor yesterday. Agree with Ghana in that Hendo and Lancashire were the only ones to come out with their heads held high. Bass tried to make something work when he came on too.

I've said it before and I'll say it again - Rose is not good enough in my view. He loses the ball so easily. Sometimes he plays that floated ball down the line without even looking to see if there's anyone there.

We need someone who's going to get the ball in and around the box, and have a shot. Can we go back to our last save and reject that bid for Bobby Grant?

Also, how pathetic was that from Tutte when he got subbed off? Acted like a child.
[Post edited 25 Aug 2013 20:35]

Tangled up in blue.

Is it last season again? on 20:47 - Aug 25 with 5489 viewsRalphs12

Is it last season again? on 20:32 - Aug 25 by AtThePeake

We were seriously poor yesterday. Agree with Ghana in that Hendo and Lancashire were the only ones to come out with their heads held high. Bass tried to make something work when he came on too.

I've said it before and I'll say it again - Rose is not good enough in my view. He loses the ball so easily. Sometimes he plays that floated ball down the line without even looking to see if there's anyone there.

We need someone who's going to get the ball in and around the box, and have a shot. Can we go back to our last save and reject that bid for Bobby Grant?

Also, how pathetic was that from Tutte when he got subbed off? Acted like a child.
[Post edited 25 Aug 2013 20:35]

How did Vidal do?

Thought it was a bit strange to drop Raff out of the side and put him in myself.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024