Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Apologies if it's been mentioned before ;' 16:10 - Dec 28 with 4591 viewsdebbiesfella

Came past ground today, Saturday at 3.30, still advertising Thursday;s game.
Apologies if it's been mentioned before ;' on 17:50 - Dec 28 with 3422 viewsYouTubeDale

Shameful.

It stinks of a CBA attitude especially as it's been reported on here by another poster that he was aware of a number of people who didn't know there was a game on tomorrow. I know this "advertising" board isn't the be all and end all but this recurring incident is symptomatic of the lack of marketing zest at the club. We should be bang up to date. In fact we should be in front of ourselves as many on here have suggested.

[Post edited 28 Dec 2013 17:51]

Jesus saves but Beasley scores off the rebound.
Poll: Do you want Keith Hill to leave immediately?

Apologies if it's been mentioned before ;' on 17:53 - Dec 28 with 3412 viewsBartRowou

In all fairness, it was cold and dark after the Mansfield game and there's been a lot of good telly on since then.

Poll: Should Bury shop elsewhere for frames?

Apologies if it's been mentioned before ;' on 17:59 - Dec 28 with 3405 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Apologies if it's been mentioned before ;' on 17:53 - Dec 28 by BartRowou

In all fairness, it was cold and dark after the Mansfield game and there's been a lot of good telly on since then.

....there's also been loads of rubbish,as per!
Apologies if it's been mentioned before ;' on 18:02 - Dec 28 with 3402 viewsTVOS1907

Apologies if it's been mentioned before ;' on 17:53 - Dec 28 by BartRowou

Aye.

Apart from Still Open All Hours, ironically.
[Post edited 28 Dec 2013 18:02]

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Apologies if it's been mentioned before ;' on 18:18 - Dec 28 with 3359 views442Dale

It's everyone on here's fault for noticing it.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Apologies if it's been mentioned before ;' on 18:35 - Dec 28 with 3333 viewsD_Alien

Apologies if it's been mentioned before ;' on 18:18 - Dec 28 by 442Dale

It's everyone on here's fault for noticing it.

With a run of home games in a short space of time, it's unfair to expect the advert hoarding changer to maintain form. He should have been rested after Mansfield and someone brought in from the bench.

It must be sickening for the management to read our moans. We should just wince as we pass the hoarding and maintain a dignified silence.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Apologies if it's been mentioned before ;' on 18:59 - Dec 28 with 3282 viewsSuddenLad

They're still advertising the Fiji v Ireland match. let alone a forthcoming Dale fixture !

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Apologies if it's been mentioned before ;' on 20:45 - Dec 28 with 3154 viewsMass_Debater

Pathetic.
Login to get fewer ads

Apologies if it's been mentioned before ;' on 21:02 - Dec 28 with 3124 viewsClivert

That board should be changed first thing the next morning that the club is open after a fixture.
Apologies if it's been mentioned before ;' on 21:06 - Dec 28 with 3118 viewsSandyman

Apologies if it's been mentioned before ;' on 21:02 - Dec 28 by Clivert

That board should be changed first thing the next morning that the club is open after a fixture.

Should be. Isn't. Hornets-esque.
Apologies if it's been mentioned before ;' on 21:21 - Dec 28 with 3085 views442Dale

Apologies if it's been mentioned before ;' on 21:02 - Dec 28 by Clivert

Disagree. Should be changed at half-time or afterwards for anyone leaving after games who glances at it.

Or it should be taken down.

Looking forward to someone, somewhere finding something wrong with the valid criticisms in this thread.

Apologies if it's been mentioned before ;' on 21:32 - Dec 28 with 3066 viewsClivert

Apologies if it's been mentioned before ;' on 21:21 - Dec 28 by 442Dale

Disagree. Should be changed at half-time or afterwards for anyone leaving after games who glances at it.

Or it should be taken down.

Looking forward to someone, somewhere finding something wrong with the valid criticisms in this thread.

Safety first, safety second.

They'll be some health and safety ruling saying that you can't go up ladders in the dark I'd imagine.
[Post edited 28 Dec 2013 21:35]
Apologies if it's been mentioned before ;' on 21:33 - Dec 28 with 3060 views442Dale

Apologies if it's been mentioned before ;' on 21:32 - Dec 28 by Clivert

Safety first, safety second.

They'll be some health and safety ruling saying that you can't go up ladders in the dark I'd imagine.
[Post edited 28 Dec 2013 21:35]

The floodlights are on.

Lightning permitting.

Apologies if it's been mentioned before ;' on 23:50 - Dec 28 with 2969 viewsrochdale1987

There was a rather large thread about this a few months back, and nothing changed then.

If this was to happen at other cubs, the people in charge of doing it would face disciplinary action or worse. It's amateur and pathetic.

The club/marketing side seem to have always had the attitude of 'the club will run itself', even so much as an extra 100-200 fans can make a big difference financially. Marketing dept robbing a living lol. Inept.
Apologies if it's been mentioned before ;' on 00:43 - Dec 29 with 2930 viewsD_Alien

Apologies if it's been mentioned before ;' on 21:33 - Dec 28 by 442Dale

The floodlights are on.

Lightning permitting.

...but there's no-one at home

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Apologies if it's been mentioned before ;' on 01:28 - Dec 29 with 2907 viewsTomRAFC

The board should be changed at half time so exiting fans can see it.

It is lazy but disciplinary action? Do me a favour!

The club has put on a few initiatives to try and get more fans in. There can't be an initiative every single game.

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

Apologies if it's been mentioned before ;' on 02:06 - Dec 29 with 2888 viewsrochdale1987

Tom, we aren't talking about putting on initiatives here, its the fixture board. A basic 1st point of communication that is the first port of call before putting out any initiatives, and yes, disciplinary action but I just used that as an example, a kick up the arse or whatever.

If I was in charge of marketing at my current place of employment and didn't do the most basic tasks in helping let customers know an event or offer was coming up, I'd' be in bother.

It seems ridiculous to you maybe. It's just accepted throughout the club I guess.
Apologies if it's been mentioned before ;' on 03:33 - Dec 29 with 2867 viewsTomRAFC

Apologies if it's been mentioned before ;' on 02:06 - Dec 29 by rochdale1987

Tom, we aren't talking about putting on initiatives here, its the fixture board. A basic 1st point of communication that is the first port of call before putting out any initiatives, and yes, disciplinary action but I just used that as an example, a kick up the arse or whatever.

If I was in charge of marketing at my current place of employment and didn't do the most basic tasks in helping let customers know an event or offer was coming up, I'd' be in bother.

It seems ridiculous to you maybe. It's just accepted throughout the club I guess.

Re-read what I wrote. I said the board should be changed at half time so exiting fans could see it and it's lazy not to change it. My only disagreement with your post is that the phrase disciplinary action is a tad melodramatic.

Other people on this thread have made comments about general marketing and I was merely doing the same when I mentioned the ticket initiatives.

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

Apologies if it's been mentioned before ;' on 08:45 - Dec 29 with 2798 views442Dale

Apologies if it's been mentioned before ;' on 03:33 - Dec 29 by TomRAFC

Re-read what I wrote. I said the board should be changed at half time so exiting fans could see it and it's lazy not to change it. My only disagreement with your post is that the phrase disciplinary action is a tad melodramatic.

Other people on this thread have made comments about general marketing and I was merely doing the same when I mentioned the ticket initiatives.

I'm not sure there are many who expect regular ticket promotions. It's all about creative marketing on a regular basis. So why can't there be an initiative every game? Doesn't have to involve ticket prices.

Out of interest, what are the "few initiatives" the club has put on this season? Not saying there aren't any, but let's have a list to evaluate their success. The 'bring a friend' vouchers in season tickets are one.

For reference, a football club not changing a fixture board is the equivalent of the posters outside the Odeon on Sandbrook advertising Jurassic Park, Lion King and Lethal Weapon 2.
[Post edited 29 Dec 2013 10:01]

Apologies if it's been mentioned before ;' on 10:26 - Dec 29 with 2678 viewsR17ALE

Apologies if it's been mentioned before ;' on 08:45 - Dec 29 by 442Dale

I'm not sure there are many who expect regular ticket promotions. It's all about creative marketing on a regular basis. So why can't there be an initiative every game? Doesn't have to involve ticket prices.

Out of interest, what are the "few initiatives" the club has put on this season? Not saying there aren't any, but let's have a list to evaluate their success. The 'bring a friend' vouchers in season tickets are one.

For reference, a football club not changing a fixture board is the equivalent of the posters outside the Odeon on Sandbrook advertising Jurassic Park, Lion King and Lethal Weapon 2.

Or Groundhog Day!

Just to clear up a misconception, this thread is about advertising, not marketing. It frustrates me no end when nearly everybody always muddles the two together.

It's been obvious for years that those employed at Dale cannot distinguish between the two, and probably never will.

The most recent marketing* thread, for example, was 442's one started after the Mansfield game. This is a thread complaining that the club cba to advertise things.

*modern marketing science suggests building a database via email, and work it. Until something new and better comes along this is where we need to be. But it won't happen....

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

Apologies if it's been mentioned before ;' on 10:38 - Dec 29 with 2654 viewsMass_Debater

Apologies if it's been mentioned before ;' on 08:45 - Dec 29 by 442Dale

Whose job is it to change it?
Apologies if it's been mentioned before ;' on 10:45 - Dec 29 with 2639 views442Dale

Apologies if it's been mentioned before ;' on 10:38 - Dec 29 by Mass_Debater

Who knows? The original poster said it hadn't been changed, but whether it has or hasn't isn't actually the point. As this happened earlier in the season, was the ongoing strategic plan that should be in place for everyone to follow reassessed to ensure any problems were addressed?

It's not so much whose job it is, more whose overall responsibility it is. Whether that be individuals or a department.

Apologies if it's been mentioned before ;' on 10:49 - Dec 29 with 2625 viewsjudd

Apologies if it's been mentioned before ;' on 10:38 - Dec 29 by Mass_Debater

I understand that the ground staff do the actual changing of the board

Poll: What is it to be then?

Apologies if it's been mentioned before ;' on 10:51 - Dec 29 with 2618 viewsMass_Debater

Apologies if it's been mentioned before ;' on 10:49 - Dec 29 by judd

I understand that the ground staff do the actual changing of the board

Or not, in this case.
Apologies if it's been mentioned before ;' on 12:24 - Dec 29 with 2510 viewsYouTubeDale

Apologies if it's been mentioned before ;' on 10:26 - Dec 29 by R17ALE

Or Groundhog Day!

Just to clear up a misconception, this thread is about advertising, not marketing. It frustrates me no end when nearly everybody always muddles the two together.

It's been obvious for years that those employed at Dale cannot distinguish between the two, and probably never will.

The most recent marketing* thread, for example, was 442's one started after the Mansfield game. This is a thread complaining that the club cba to advertise things.

*modern marketing science suggests building a database via email, and work it. Until something new and better comes along this is where we need to be. But it won't happen....

Marketing is an all encompassing term which classically involves the four "P" words of Product, Place, Price and Promotion. Advertising is very much part of the fourth P mentioned ie Promotion.

So, it is wrong to say advertising is NOT part of marketing, it IS very much PART of marketing. So this thread IS about Marketing !!

Marketing involves the whole picture: understanding what your Product is, Place - where do buyers look for your product? Price strategies and Promotion -reaching your target audience.

It's an extremely powerful, powerful science if it is used professionally. It WILL get bums on seats as long as marketing is practised professionally at the club !!!!!!!
[Post edited 29 Dec 2013 13:30]

Jesus saves but Beasley scores off the rebound.
Poll: Do you want Keith Hill to leave immediately?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024