Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Southend. Match thread 14:13 - Oct 31 with 20774 views442Dale

Team: “@officiallydale: Dale XI v Southend United: Lillis, Kennedy, McNulty, Lancashire, Tanser, Allen, Lund, Camps, Vincenti, Bunney, Hendo #RAFC”

“@officiallydale: Subs: Castro Pereira, Eastham, Andrew, Alessandra, McDermott, Mendez-Laing, Rose #RAFC”

Kennedy at RB, Rose back in the squad.
[Post edited 31 Oct 2015 14:15]

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Southend. Match thread on 17:30 - Oct 31 with 2042 viewsbarryroch

I am not getting into an argument on here 1907 BUT there are no CHICKENS in the team
Southend. Match thread on 17:35 - Oct 31 with 2006 viewszxcvbnm

Southend. Match thread on 17:22 - Oct 31 by 1907

Why? Yet again at half time we find ourselves behind due to stupid mistakes, decision making & woeful team selection. People have a right to vent. Then, by the sounds of things, we go back to what we know and having a go which has worked wonders for us over recent years and look what happens? If I was stood in that away stand I can guarantee I'd have been saying the exact same things so turn it in.

It wasn't a woeful team selection. Some poor first half shows yes but credit hill forgiving them a rollicking st half time and well done bunney and rose. I hope their goals shut some of their critics up

Poll: Best loanee keeper

Southend. Match thread on 17:40 - Oct 31 with 1961 viewsColDale

Southend. Match thread on 17:35 - Oct 31 by zxcvbnm

It wasn't a woeful team selection. Some poor first half shows yes but credit hill forgiving them a rollicking st half time and well done bunney and rose. I hope their goals shut some of their critics up

I think a lot of it stems from us not having a best starting XI. We've probably got around fifteen players in the first team squad who you could make a case for starting in each game, and there's always a plan behind every team selection, irrespective of whether it works out or not.

It also doesn't help that we're not the lickle Rochdale of last season. Almost every manager pays tribute to us before games, and aside from our vast loanees from City and United, opposing teams will now have plans to try and combat Henderson, Vicenti, Allen etc.
Southend. Match thread on 17:46 - Oct 31 with 1921 views442Dale

Southend. Match thread on 17:40 - Oct 31 by ColDale

I think a lot of it stems from us not having a best starting XI. We've probably got around fifteen players in the first team squad who you could make a case for starting in each game, and there's always a plan behind every team selection, irrespective of whether it works out or not.

It also doesn't help that we're not the lickle Rochdale of last season. Almost every manager pays tribute to us before games, and aside from our vast loanees from City and United, opposing teams will now have plans to try and combat Henderson, Vicenti, Allen etc.

Though there are valid arguments for different selections and we aren't aware of what happens in training, there have been selections that are mystifying. Alessandra's performances at centre forward has not been bettered by Henderson in the same role yet we're persevering with the latter when he's been much more effective elsewhere this season. Similarly you wouldn't find Lancashire complaining if he'd been left out weeks ago. So yeah, some players can be swapped in and out with decent arguments on both sides, yet there are some which remain unaddressed.

Southend. Match thread on 17:48 - Oct 31 with 1904 views1907

Southend. Match thread on 17:30 - Oct 31 by barryroch

I am not getting into an argument on here 1907 BUT there are no CHICKENS in the team

Lancashire is one of the weakest and worst centre halfs we've had in the last 15 years. Richard Jobson offered more.
Southend. Match thread on 17:49 - Oct 31 with 1898 views442Dale

Southend. Match thread on 17:48 - Oct 31 by 1907

Lancashire is one of the weakest and worst centre halfs we've had in the last 15 years. Richard Jobson offered more.

Jobson was a great player!

Lancashire was fine in League 2.

Southend. Match thread on 17:54 - Oct 31 with 1865 viewsColDale

Southend. Match thread on 17:46 - Oct 31 by 442Dale

Though there are valid arguments for different selections and we aren't aware of what happens in training, there have been selections that are mystifying. Alessandra's performances at centre forward has not been bettered by Henderson in the same role yet we're persevering with the latter when he's been much more effective elsewhere this season. Similarly you wouldn't find Lancashire complaining if he'd been left out weeks ago. So yeah, some players can be swapped in and out with decent arguments on both sides, yet there are some which remain unaddressed.

Certainly wouldn't disagree about OL. Did a decent job in the promotion season, but for me his limitations were shown up that season when we played at home to Scunny.

Have no idea why he continually gets the nod over Eastham. Given how we started last season in the same way, perhaps its something that shows up in preseason which explains Lancashire starting as first choice, but Eastham showed himself to be the better player last season which team selections would suggest that Hilly agreed with.
Southend. Match thread on 17:57 - Oct 31 with 1844 viewszxcvbnm

Southend. Match thread on 17:48 - Oct 31 by 1907

Rubbish

Poll: Best loanee keeper

Login to get fewer ads

Southend. Match thread on 17:59 - Oct 31 with 1827 viewsColDale

Hilly fuming with the ref after the game.

Should have been a nailed on penalty late on and the ref spends too long in the gym! Phil Brown took the Arsene Wenger view on the penalty which was an indication it should have been given.

Wasn't happy with their penalty either.
Southend. Match thread on 18:05 - Oct 31 with 1782 viewsscooby

Southend. Match thread on 17:59 - Oct 31 by ColDale

Should have been a nailed on penalty late on and the ref spends too long in the gym! Phil Brown took the Arsene Wenger view on the penalty which was an indication it should have been given.

taking the focus away from him and the odd selections??
Southend. Match thread on 18:07 - Oct 31 with 1772 views442Dale

Southend. Match thread on 17:59 - Oct 31 by ColDale

Don't we try and improve the referees standards and that Hill is actively involved in trying to improve them? (not my words...)

Southend. Match thread on 18:08 - Oct 31 with 1762 views1907

Southend. Match thread on 17:57 - Oct 31 by zxcvbnm

Rubbish

You've got to be kidding me. Lancashire is one of the weakest and poorest centre halfs I can remember us having. He had a half decent season in league two and two terrible attempts at league one
Southend. Match thread on 18:10 - Oct 31 with 1743 viewsroccydaleian

Southend. Match thread on 18:08 - Oct 31 by 1907

You've got to be kidding me. Lancashire is one of the weakest and poorest centre halfs I can remember us having. He had a half decent season in league two and two terrible attempts at league one

Are you only five years old?
Southend. Match thread on 18:19 - Oct 31 with 1681 views442Dale

Keeping it in perspective without the need to ridicule, some centre halves since 2000 in order of ability. I'll have missed some and reserve the right to change it in ten minutes.

Dawson
O'Connell
Long
Eastham
Stanton
Jobson
Griffiths
McNulty
Holness
Cansdell Sheriff
Monington
Phil Edrwards
Heald
McArdle
Lancashire
Coleman
Burgess
Ryan Edwards
Jordan
Trotman

Southend. Match thread on 18:24 - Oct 31 with 1662 viewsTalkingSutty

Southend. Match thread on 18:19 - Oct 31 by 442Dale

Keeping it in perspective without the need to ridicule, some centre halves since 2000 in order of ability. I'll have missed some and reserve the right to change it in ten minutes.

Dawson
O'Connell
Long
Eastham
Stanton
Jobson
Griffiths
McNulty
Holness
Cansdell Sheriff
Monington
Phil Edrwards
Heald
McArdle
Lancashire
Coleman
Burgess
Ryan Edwards
Jordan
Trotman

You missed Sharp or was that prior to 2000? He was a tough bugger.
Southend. Match thread on 18:27 - Oct 31 with 1641 views1mark1

Southend. Match thread on 18:24 - Oct 31 by TalkingSutty

You missed Sharp or was that prior to 2000? He was a tough bugger.

Keith Hill?
[Post edited 31 Oct 2015 18:29]

Poll: How much is your support for the Royals?

Southend. Match thread on 18:31 - Oct 31 with 1619 views442Dale

Southend. Match thread on 18:27 - Oct 31 by 1mark1

Keith Hill?
[Post edited 31 Oct 2015 18:29]

Stick Hill near Monington. Sharp near the bottom, he was terrible after a decent start. Same as Guy Branston.

Southend. Match thread on 18:33 - Oct 31 with 1606 views1mark1

To me Lancashire, was an average Lg 2 CH, and is a below average Lg bordering on poor Lg 1 CH. Eastham is far better than him.

Southend. Match thread on 18:41 - Oct 31 with 1556 views1mark1

Southend. Match thread on 18:31 - Oct 31 by 442Dale

Stick Hill near Monington. Sharp near the bottom, he was terrible after a decent start. Same as Guy Branston.

I thought Monington was poor, but many liked him. I thought Hill was decent, and was useful as a left footed CH.

Southend. Match thread on 18:44 - Oct 31 with 1533 views442Dale

Southend. Match thread on 18:41 - Oct 31 by 1mark1

I thought Monington was poor, but many liked him. I thought Hill was decent, and was useful as a left footed CH.

Monington gets a higher position because of his goals, though yeah you're right, he did have limitations defensively. Bloody liability visiting Rotherham too.

Southend. Match thread on 18:47 - Oct 31 with 1514 views1907

Southend. Match thread on 18:10 - Oct 31 by roccydaleian

Are you only five years old?

Struggling to understand what you're implying there? My point is Lancashire is horrific and as bad of a defender as we've had in this millennium.
Southend. Match thread on 18:54 - Oct 31 with 1485 viewsroccydaleian

Southend. Match thread on 18:47 - Oct 31 by 1907

Struggling to understand what you're implying there? My point is Lancashire is horrific and as bad of a defender as we've had in this millennium.

I'm implying if you think Lancashire is as bad as you make out, you can't have been watching the Dale long. Yeah he's having a poor season, but as that list 442's put up their have some worse than him.
Southend. Match thread on 18:56 - Oct 31 with 1471 viewsroccydaleian

Hilly's take on the game..
https://audioboom.com/boos/3759624-the-1st-half-was-rancid-if-i-d-have-been-a-su
Southend. Match thread on 19:04 - Oct 31 with 1423 views1mark1

Southend. Match thread on 18:44 - Oct 31 by 442Dale

Monington gets a higher position because of his goals, though yeah you're right, he did have limitations defensively. Bloody liability visiting Rotherham too.

Monington like Dawson was indeed a prolific goalscorer. Unlike Dawson he made plenty of mistakes, looked poor on the ball and was not very good at his distribution. He was a good header of the ball usually, like Dawson. Personally like I said at the time of Monington, I would rather have had someone decent in their distribution, on the ball etc rather being good in attacking situations. I would think he cost us more goals and points than won us, but I am sure someone could prove that to be the case or not, and if proven not to be true I will accept that.

Southend. Match thread on 19:09 - Oct 31 with 1394 views442Dale

Back to Lancashire for a minute, his continued inclusion can't be allowed to start affecting McNulty's game.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024