Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Luongo 18:23 - Sep 9 with 6790 viewsHunterhoop

Outstanding.

An all round central midfield performance. Good job we didn't rest him.

Our midfield 3 are f*cking brilliant. Genuinely superb.

Honourable mentions for Baptiate, Freeman, Scowen and Ned.
Luongo on 18:27 - Sep 9 with 5870 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

I missed today but take particular joy in slagged players impressing. How was Ned?
Luongo on 18:28 - Sep 9 with 5860 viewsGuppy22

Mass was my man of the match today, scowen has enabled him and freeman much more freedom to push on
Luongo on 18:37 - Sep 9 with 5806 viewssmegma

Outstanding performances everywhere . The score certainly flattered Ipswich and the score looks a lot closer than it actually was. Smithies could've sat behind the goal with the away fans.
Luongo on 18:42 - Sep 9 with 5763 viewsBlue_Castello

Luongo on 18:27 - Sep 9 by BazzaInTheLoft

I missed today but take particular joy in slagged players impressing. How was Ned?

Had a good game organising a very fragile inexperienced defence, doesn't get the credit he deserves......
Luongo on 19:09 - Sep 9 with 5629 viewsLblock

I've given this geezer stick but I've got to come on here and say...... his was quality
However I do think Scowen gives us a platform, I love him

Pissedd u R's

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Luongo on 19:20 - Sep 9 with 5562 viewsQPR_Nippon

What was revelatory today was not Luongo playing superbly, but Luongo playing superbly first game back after an international break.

Just pipped Freeman as MOM for me today.
Luongo on 19:38 - Sep 9 with 5458 viewsbosh67

So much stronger on the ball this season. Actually looks better further up the field, against what I thought. Really hugely improved and so strong on the ball.

Feel so much for Manning but that 3 in the middle Freeman Luongo and Scowen totally controlled the game today.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Luongo on 19:49 - Sep 9 with 5426 viewsDejR_vu

Only seen the Hull and Ipswich games and he's been immense in both. Seems a lot stronger and far more confident. Looks fantastic.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Login to get fewer ads

Luongo on 19:55 - Sep 9 with 5389 viewsozranger

I read from the Sky report that Mass handled the ball for what should have been a pen to them. Certainly can't remember it. Both managers mentioned it.
Luongo on 21:26 - Sep 9 with 5185 viewsNW10Hoop

Luongo was immense today

Freeman will be the fan's favourite. He is so positive going forward. But Luongo won so may tackles today, and the fact that he had Scowen behind him meant he was winning the ball further up the field. QPR felt like we were on the front foot from the 10th minute onwards.

Really enjoyed the game today. Don't want to take a battering for this, but the quality of our midfield makes it seem like our front line may be the weak spot this season, and, the lack of a proper natural finisher may be the difference between a play off place and mid table. It's progress though and I'd have taken that at the beginning of the season
Luongo on 21:53 - Sep 9 with 5099 viewsconnell10

Luongo on 21:26 - Sep 9 by NW10Hoop

Luongo was immense today

Freeman will be the fan's favourite. He is so positive going forward. But Luongo won so may tackles today, and the fact that he had Scowen behind him meant he was winning the ball further up the field. QPR felt like we were on the front foot from the 10th minute onwards.

Really enjoyed the game today. Don't want to take a battering for this, but the quality of our midfield makes it seem like our front line may be the weak spot this season, and, the lack of a proper natural finisher may be the difference between a play off place and mid table. It's progress though and I'd have taken that at the beginning of the season

totally agree mate, with charlie austin up front id say we would have a really good chance of going up this season!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Luongo on 21:55 - Sep 9 with 5093 viewsTacticalR

I've said it before, but it's phenomenal the way he comes away from tackle after tackle with the ball.

After we went 2-0 up he had a field day going forward and could have got a couple of goals.

Air hostess clique

Luongo on 22:10 - Sep 9 with 5060 viewsessextaxiboy

Luongo on 19:09 - Sep 9 by Lblock

I've given this geezer stick but I've got to come on here and say...... his was quality
However I do think Scowen gives us a platform, I love him

Pissedd u R's

Yep , I gave him stick last year for being inconsistent ...sorted this season and not being available for 2 games after every international ...sorted this afternoon.

I thought he was brilliant today , a cracking drive on target as well as his normal link play .

He managed 90 mins as well. Hopefully he plays some part on Tues .

Agree that the little rat Scowen is the key to all of the above , a player in Ollies image but a better passer ! ...
Luongo on 00:02 - Sep 10 with 4892 viewsWadR

Love Mass. I've always been of the view that he'd shine in a functional team.

Think in his first season, he suffered for being played too advanced, under Ramsey he was playing as a 10. Then last season, it went a bit too far the other way, and he was playing too deep. Plus the fact he's played with about 13 different midfield partners in just over 2 years and umpteen different formations.

Now he has someone as positionally sound and tactically disciplined in Scowen behind him - I feel like it's freed Mass to be the dynamic all action box-to-box midfielder he's always promised to be.

That dummy in the second half that absolutely sold Iorfa was absolutely sensational - didn't even touch the ball, just a drop of the shoulder and he'd nutsed the defender and was goal side.
Luongo on 01:18 - Sep 10 with 4803 viewsitsbiga

Killer save to Stop Mass getting his goal too.

Poll: Serious concern we'll double drop?

Luongo on 04:06 - Sep 10 with 4731 viewsjonno

Luongo on 21:26 - Sep 9 by NW10Hoop

Luongo was immense today

Agree. Luongo now just needs to start adding some goals. Unfortunately Washington isn't quite up to getting goals regularly at our current level - he may work hard but nothing ever quite comes off for him and he never gets in front of defenders to the ball when it comes into the box.
Luongo on 09:04 - Sep 10 with 4535 viewsRanger78

I've just posted on the Scowen thread before seeing this one and mentioned Mass ... though it only right to repeat in this one

Our midfield three our a fantastic combination with Scowen holding it all together, allowing the other two freedom to play.

I'm particulary happy with Luongo. Whilst I've never slated him , I'll admit that I've always been underwhelmed by him.

For me he was always " nearly " very good but he just never quite clicked or completely influenced a game. This season, he's been a revalation and starting to look like a very very good footballer.

It's a joy to watch
Luongo on 09:41 - Sep 10 with 4470 viewsfrancisbowles

Turning into Diakite with a brain!
Luongo on 10:42 - Sep 10 with 4391 viewsNorthernr

Doesn't do anything though
Luongo on 11:02 - Sep 10 with 4336 viewsHantsR

Luongo on 19:55 - Sep 9 by ozranger

I read from the Sky report that Mass handled the ball for what should have been a pen to them. Certainly can't remember it. Both managers mentioned it.

That was a strange moment as Ipswich players stopped and appealed for what they though was an obvious foul -I think we all expected play to stop but Massimo simply carried on, leading to the goal. Unlucky for the extractor fans but well deserved overall I think. He was my MOM but Freeman and Scowen all equally worthy.
Luongo on 11:18 - Sep 10 with 4313 viewsessextaxiboy

Luongo on 10:42 - Sep 10 by Northernr

There have been 52 Championship games since the start of last season , 146 tackles doesnt seem a lot for any player ??
Luongo on 11:37 - Sep 10 with 4274 viewsstevec

That's a bit harsh, haven't seen ball control like that since Meadowlark Lemon.

I guess you're referring to the goals scored nil, goal assists nil but give the guy some credit.
Luongo on 12:01 - Sep 10 with 4243 viewsWren67

Luongo on 18:27 - Sep 9 by BazzaInTheLoft

Ned was fine. A good solid performance. Nearly got caught in possession once, just inside our half and I could hear the moans beginning when he recovered and made a good pass. It then occurred to me that Neds errors often occurred when he was trying to play out of defense and his options appear limited, he hesitates and is robbed.
Against Ipswich he was not really tested.
Luongo on 12:19 - Sep 10 with 4220 viewsterryb

Luongo on 11:37 - Sep 10 by stevec

That's a bit harsh, haven't seen ball control like that since Meadowlark Lemon.

I guess you're referring to the goals scored nil, goal assists nil but give the guy some credit.

I think you are the Luongo equivalent to the Bluce Ree defending of Rob Green!
Luongo on 21:53 - Sep 10 with 3976 viewsLongsufferingR

Whether this is true or not, who the hell spends all their time counting up this sort of thing?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024