Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Pavel 00:00 - Feb 20 with 6015 viewsdachiltern

Discuss ....
Pavel on 06:40 - Feb 27 with 1449 viewsdavman

Doubt he'll be with us next season though as he was contracted at a time when we were still lobbing out good wages that we simply cannot afford espe ially when we have BOS, Smyth and even Shodipo in that position.

It will be a shame as he is one of my fave players we have at the moment.

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Pavel on 08:43 - Feb 27 with 1301 viewsNed_Kennedys

Our 2nd best player behind Freeman: would make financial sense to get him signed up on a new contract and then sell him if we get a decent enough offer rather than lose him for nothing in the summer.
Pavel on 08:59 - Feb 27 with 1259 viewswestberksr

Pavel on 10:59 - Feb 20 by actonman

Ok I agree with all of the above but just going to put it out there , has a touch of the hoilets about him , does all the hard work but the final ball could be better

I think last night showed both sides to Pay.

Also wish his delivery was a little better,3 times he got into great positions in the first half and from the Loft end all 3 crosses looked very poor. 1 straight to the front defender, 1 flew miles over and the other amounted to nothing either.

Works hard but then towards the end was appealing for either a foul or goal kick rather than concentrating on defending which could have cost us.

that may sound overly critical as he works bloody hard and supports Furlong well but I just wish his final ball was better for the good positions he gets into. Not sure what sort of deal he's on but would be happy enough for him to stay.
Pavel on 09:15 - Feb 27 with 1225 viewsmakaveli1882

Pavel on 00:10 - Feb 20 by wombat

What’s to discuss , mclaren once again takes him off for no reason when he was having a decent second half for no actual advantage to the team of formation , same most weeks 65 mins board gos up off to come pav . You can’t say MacLaine is supprisng with his subs same ones every week come rain or come shine

Interestingly Wombat I was in the box last night right by our dugout and SM at one point walked down the touchline about 15 yards clapping after Pav made a double challenge in the first half so he obviously can see what we are.

Not sure on why he subs him all the time or why we have not offered him a contract but we need to.
Pavel on 09:34 - Feb 27 with 1168 viewsqprd

Pavel on 00:10 - Feb 27 by Hunterhoop

Case in point for that Leeds’ move where Lumley makes the treble save. It’s their right back, whom BOS is meant to be tracking who’s involved in both one twos and gets the first shot away. BOS doesn’t track him after the first pass he plays to kick off the move.

Pav, as a professional footballer, is in a different league when it comes to his all round game, and that’s taking nothing away from BOS, who will be excellent. But positioning and defence he needs to work on.

You say that, but Leeds played three diagonal long balls in the second half towards Furlong who had to cope with 2 v 1

BOS mistake on the triple save wasnt one of positioning but rather letting his man get past him. but give credit to leeds, as that was a lovely team move
Pavel on 09:36 - Feb 27 with 1160 viewsfrancisbowles

I've been critical of his clumsiness at times but tonight he was brilliant. Amazing challenges, winning headers and beating his man.
Pavel on 09:45 - Feb 27 with 1133 viewsTheChef

Pavel on 08:59 - Feb 27 by westberksr

I think last night showed both sides to Pay.

Also wish his delivery was a little better,3 times he got into great positions in the first half and from the Loft end all 3 crosses looked very poor. 1 straight to the front defender, 1 flew miles over and the other amounted to nothing either.

Works hard but then towards the end was appealing for either a foul or goal kick rather than concentrating on defending which could have cost us.

that may sound overly critical as he works bloody hard and supports Furlong well but I just wish his final ball was better for the good positions he gets into. Not sure what sort of deal he's on but would be happy enough for him to stay.

His end product especially in the first half was fairly woeful but he gives so much energy to the team both offensively and defensively, and the way he uses the width creates more space for the other attacking players. Importantly he wasn't subbed last night and that was key to see us seeing the game out.

Also I liked how he got the crowd growing late in the second half, gesturing to Q/R block for more noise. I think he gets us as a club, will be interesting if he decides to stay on next season even on a reduced salary.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Pavel on 10:27 - Feb 27 with 1077 viewsoldmisery

Pavel on 00:10 - Feb 27 by Hunterhoop

Case in point for that Leeds’ move where Lumley makes the treble save. It’s their right back, whom BOS is meant to be tracking who’s involved in both one twos and gets the first shot away. BOS doesn’t track him after the first pass he plays to kick off the move.

Pav, as a professional footballer, is in a different league when it comes to his all round game, and that’s taking nothing away from BOS, who will be excellent. But positioning and defence he needs to work on.

Spot on. BOS not only missed the tackle but then watched as ' his man' caused havoc in that particular move. Geoff Cameron, who was sitting behind the dugout, gave him stick for not tracking his man once the move had eventually, thankfully, broken down following Lumley's saves. Pavel's attitude and energy will be sorely missed if, as expected, he moves on in the summer; I just wish his final ball had more quality because we may have scored more last night if that was the case. However, if his crossing matched the other elements of his game, he would probably be playing for someone else.
Login to get fewer ads

Pavel on 10:55 - Feb 27 with 1031 viewsParkRoyalR

Pavel on 10:27 - Feb 27 by oldmisery

Spot on. BOS not only missed the tackle but then watched as ' his man' caused havoc in that particular move. Geoff Cameron, who was sitting behind the dugout, gave him stick for not tracking his man once the move had eventually, thankfully, broken down following Lumley's saves. Pavel's attitude and energy will be sorely missed if, as expected, he moves on in the summer; I just wish his final ball had more quality because we may have scored more last night if that was the case. However, if his crossing matched the other elements of his game, he would probably be playing for someone else.

Notwithstanding final ball as you note, if he can get to his bye line as Luongo showed him last night, or attack the box as Freeman does from other side, we have a real player on our hands. Even chipped in with a set piece last night.
Pavel on 11:09 - Feb 27 with 1011 viewsthompsonridd

He can't cross to save his life but *uck me he can put in a shift and made some great last ditch tackles and was always in their way!!!

I'd play him as defensive midfield when others are injured, certainly better than Cousins or Scowen in that role
Pavel on 12:28 - Feb 27 with 909 views1MoreBrightonR

his crossing was seriously frustrating last night BUT it was mainly so frustrating because he was absolutely destroying their left back and kept getting in to great positions to cross in the first place!

His work effort really is good and i think he has a decent footballing brain on him...second half, that really showed. tireless effort mixed in with some very sensible keeping of the possession when we needed it most.
Pavel on 13:29 - Feb 27 with 823 views08olesen

I think the bloke is great. Exactly the sort of guy we need at QPR. Couldn’t be more opposite to SWP and co.

The way he was getting the crowd going last night shows how much he likes playing here. Sign him up to a new deal now!

He may lack a little bit of the flair needed to be a top player, but I think he can do a very good job for us for many years to come. Always room for a Pav in the team IMHO.

Poll: Who will the other play off

Pavel on 13:49 - Feb 27 with 778 viewsRANGERS4EVER

Pavel on 11:09 - Feb 27 by thompsonridd

He can't cross to save his life but *uck me he can put in a shift and made some great last ditch tackles and was always in their way!!!

I'd play him as defensive midfield when others are injured, certainly better than Cousins or Scowen in that role

Harsh on Cousins who had another good game last night

Poll: Who would you most like to see at QPR?

Pavel on 13:53 - Feb 27 with 769 viewsAntti_Heinola

Pavel on 09:15 - Feb 27 by makaveli1882

Interestingly Wombat I was in the box last night right by our dugout and SM at one point walked down the touchline about 15 yards clapping after Pav made a double challenge in the first half so he obviously can see what we are.

Not sure on why he subs him all the time or why we have not offered him a contract but we need to.

Les has said we have an option on his contract for an extension, and they'll look at it end of the season.

Bare bones.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024