Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
AJ tonight NON QPR 00:37 - Aug 21 with 5525 viewspaulhoop2

Anyone else watch it ?? Must be the end of the road surely

Poll: Now it’s slightly clearer cut who do you want as manager ?

AJ tonight NON QPR on 17:38 - Aug 21 with 1646 viewstraininvain

AJ tonight NON QPR on 16:35 - Aug 21 by ParkRoyalR

Chisora, imo, is a better boxer than AJ (far better footwork & range of shots), now that's my opinion, size being the difference, again imo

What i think is without doubt is that Chisora gave Uysk a much sterner test, put him under sustained pressure over a number of rounds and came much closer to stopping him than Joshua did,

If you re-watch Round 9 last night, AJ landed very very few shots, if you watch any of the early rounds before Chisora tired, he rocks Uysk on a number of occasions and Usyk was hanging on,

Chisora was able to do this as unlike Joshua he does'nt mind being hit, and when he is, he does'nt freeze like Joshua does,

Fury, who is someone who knows a lot about boxing (unlike Adam Smith or Eddie Hearn) has always had Joshua down as a big stiff and so its been proved.

I know it’s easy to dig AJ out today but I doubt even Chisora would say he’s a better boxer than AJ. For starters, how many world titles has Chisora won?
AJ tonight NON QPR on 18:10 - Aug 21 with 1609 viewsParkRoyalR

AJ tonight NON QPR on 17:38 - Aug 21 by traininvain

I know it’s easy to dig AJ out today but I doubt even Chisora would say he’s a better boxer than AJ. For starters, how many world titles has Chisora won?

AJ is a poor boxer imo but is blessed with size, reach and immense power in his right hand.

AJ was fortunate to beat a 41 year old Klitchsko (nearly got ko'ed) and didn't even risk engaging with a ridiculously out of shape Ruiz in their re-match

I have never rated AJ but even I was surprised how wooden, unco-ordinated and poor he was last night.

AJ has absolutely no boxing brain...how did you beat me when you have no power he asked Uysk....and despite the absolute obvious only used his bulk and weight to his advantage in the last round when he tired.
AJ tonight NON QPR on 18:27 - Aug 21 with 1577 viewsdigswellhoop

aj just a pumped up bruno but bruno had a better punch
AJ tonight NON QPR on 19:34 - Aug 21 with 1502 viewsdaveB

AJ tonight NON QPR on 18:10 - Aug 21 by ParkRoyalR

AJ is a poor boxer imo but is blessed with size, reach and immense power in his right hand.

AJ was fortunate to beat a 41 year old Klitchsko (nearly got ko'ed) and didn't even risk engaging with a ridiculously out of shape Ruiz in their re-match

I have never rated AJ but even I was surprised how wooden, unco-ordinated and poor he was last night.

AJ has absolutely no boxing brain...how did you beat me when you have no power he asked Uysk....and despite the absolute obvious only used his bulk and weight to his advantage in the last round when he tired.

incredible that you are all in on a 2 time world champion as being no good but want to defend Lyndon Dykes :-)

Joshua has had a really good career, beat everyone put in front of him apart from Usyk, thats no disagrace. He was second best last night but not by much, thought it was quite a close fight but Usyk did enough each round to keep winning them and open up a lead.
AJ tonight NON QPR on 20:11 - Aug 21 with 1466 viewsParkRoyalR

AJ tonight NON QPR on 19:34 - Aug 21 by daveB

incredible that you are all in on a 2 time world champion as being no good but want to defend Lyndon Dykes :-)

Joshua has had a really good career, beat everyone put in front of him apart from Usyk, thats no disagrace. He was second best last night but not by much, thought it was quite a close fight but Usyk did enough each round to keep winning them and open up a lead.

How could you forget the little chubby Mexican lad who knocked him round the ring for fun? The same even bigger chubby lad he ran away from for 12 rounds?

Second best but not by much, watch that 9th Round again without Sky's fictional commentary, he was swinging and missing like the stiff robot Fury always said he was, if that was his best, it was embarrassing as was his resorting to a late punch after the bell and the hammer fist into the back of Uysk's head, cowardly acts.
AJ tonight NON QPR on 20:17 - Aug 21 with 1454 viewsdigswellhoop

bruno didn't pretend to be a word class boxer had tyson the proper one in trouble
british best heavey weights bit difficilt with weight changes what do you think?
AJ tonight NON QPR on 21:01 - Aug 21 with 1412 viewstraininvain

AJ’s limited at the top level (Usyk, Fury etc) but he’s a two time world champion and that doesn’t happen by chance. If it was that easy to become a world champion then surely your man Chisora would’ve won at least one of the titles.

And it’s a lot easier to say ‘use his bulk and weight advantage’ than to actually get in the ring with someone like Usyk and make it happen. A boxer like Usyk doesn’t stand still and let you dictate the terms as AJ found out again last night.
AJ tonight NON QPR on 21:13 - Aug 21 with 1405 viewsJimmyR

Amazing he won those world titles

Fair enough, you obviously don’t like AJ. But a poor boxer?!? Really? If you never lose, you aren’t fighting the best
Login to get fewer ads

AJ tonight NON QPR on 23:12 - Aug 21 with 1348 viewsdaveB

AJ tonight NON QPR on 20:11 - Aug 21 by ParkRoyalR

How could you forget the little chubby Mexican lad who knocked him round the ring for fun? The same even bigger chubby lad he ran away from for 12 rounds?

Second best but not by much, watch that 9th Round again without Sky's fictional commentary, he was swinging and missing like the stiff robot Fury always said he was, if that was his best, it was embarrassing as was his resorting to a late punch after the bell and the hammer fist into the back of Uysk's head, cowardly acts.

Didn't forget Ruiz, he beat him the second time even if you didn't like how he did it

Also didn't think skys commentary was that bad, they had Usyk winning the whole way through, that 9th round he did well and had Usyk in trouble but didn't capitalise, he came back brilliantly the following round.

I like Joshua think hes had a good career, won an Olympic Gold, sells out stadiums, been world champion twice, not bad for a stiff robot.

[Post edited 21 Aug 2022 23:14]
AJ tonight NON QPR on 23:35 - Aug 21 with 1322 viewsParkRoyalR

AJ tonight NON QPR on 23:12 - Aug 21 by daveB

Didn't forget Ruiz, he beat him the second time even if you didn't like how he did it

Also didn't think skys commentary was that bad, they had Usyk winning the whole way through, that 9th round he did well and had Usyk in trouble but didn't capitalise, he came back brilliantly the following round.

I like Joshua think hes had a good career, won an Olympic Gold, sells out stadiums, been world champion twice, not bad for a stiff robot.

[Post edited 21 Aug 2022 23:14]

Hearns are superb at marketing (look what they did to the Darts) and can certainly sell a night out based on a bit of Neil Diamond and a few beers.

Hearns are also very good at selecting their favoured Judges, including the cheat who scored that fight to Joshua by two rounds.

Joshua has been a well packaged cash-cow for Hearn and has done very well for himself, so fair play.

However he is deluded regards his own intelligence (I know all about Ukraine...how did you beat me...) and vastly over-rates his own boxing ability (comparing himself to Liston, Frazer etc...wtf!)

Joshua has convinced himself he's a boxing great whereas he's been fortunate to fight in an era when heavyweight boxing is at all time low in terms of quality)

Joshua craves the respect of the boxing world which just isn't there, as Fury said from day 1, and he demonstrated last night...he's just a stiff robot...albeit one always with a punchers chance)
AJ tonight NON QPR on 04:15 - Aug 22 with 1268 viewsSydneyRs

I do find it odd that so many are prepared to bang on about how brillliant Usyk is but the bloke who took him the distance is apparently a rubbish boxer? I'd wager that any actual poor boxers would not still be there and standing in round 12 vs Usyk.

Also strange that most seemed to be cheering on the other guy rather than the home boxer. Is Joshua really that awful a person? Genuinely don't know given the distance away I live and the fact we see very little of him here. His outburst at the end was weird (and smacks of mental health issues imho), but there would have been a lot of emotion and adrenaline at the time.
[Post edited 22 Aug 2022 4:17]
AJ tonight NON QPR on 07:12 - Aug 22 with 1199 viewsdistortR

AJ tonight NON QPR on 04:15 - Aug 22 by SydneyRs

I do find it odd that so many are prepared to bang on about how brillliant Usyk is but the bloke who took him the distance is apparently a rubbish boxer? I'd wager that any actual poor boxers would not still be there and standing in round 12 vs Usyk.

Also strange that most seemed to be cheering on the other guy rather than the home boxer. Is Joshua really that awful a person? Genuinely don't know given the distance away I live and the fact we see very little of him here. His outburst at the end was weird (and smacks of mental health issues imho), but there would have been a lot of emotion and adrenaline at the time.
[Post edited 22 Aug 2022 4:17]

Used to like watching and cheering on AJ, but the rank hypocrisy of someone who was happily photoed at the BLM marches (Fair enough,if that's what you believe),and then a couple of months later demands his next fight be in saudi arabia so he could earn even more £m's then he would of in his own country in front of his own fans and people - do one, and keep doing one 'til you're done. Which you are now.
AJ tonight NON QPR on 08:25 - Aug 22 with 1148 viewsdaveB

AJ tonight NON QPR on 23:35 - Aug 21 by ParkRoyalR

Hearns are superb at marketing (look what they did to the Darts) and can certainly sell a night out based on a bit of Neil Diamond and a few beers.

Hearns are also very good at selecting their favoured Judges, including the cheat who scored that fight to Joshua by two rounds.

Joshua has been a well packaged cash-cow for Hearn and has done very well for himself, so fair play.

However he is deluded regards his own intelligence (I know all about Ukraine...how did you beat me...) and vastly over-rates his own boxing ability (comparing himself to Liston, Frazer etc...wtf!)

Joshua has convinced himself he's a boxing great whereas he's been fortunate to fight in an era when heavyweight boxing is at all time low in terms of quality)

Joshua craves the respect of the boxing world which just isn't there, as Fury said from day 1, and he demonstrated last night...he's just a stiff robot...albeit one always with a punchers chance)

you can sell out arena with clever marketing but not Wembley Stadium. That sold out as the public bought into him and liked him. A lot of that changed when he spoke at the BLM rally a few years back, he still gets that thrown at him on social media almost daily

Not sure he did compare himself to those fighters, he said he was never going to be as good as them

I think you are being a bit ridiculous calling him deluded, lacking intelligence etc, fair play you don't rate him, no one on here is saying he's one of the greats just that he's done well, but you do seem to go quite personal when you don't like someone.
AJ tonight NON QPR on 10:01 - Aug 22 with 1067 viewsParkRoyalR

AJ tonight NON QPR on 08:25 - Aug 22 by daveB

you can sell out arena with clever marketing but not Wembley Stadium. That sold out as the public bought into him and liked him. A lot of that changed when he spoke at the BLM rally a few years back, he still gets that thrown at him on social media almost daily

Not sure he did compare himself to those fighters, he said he was never going to be as good as them

I think you are being a bit ridiculous calling him deluded, lacking intelligence etc, fair play you don't rate him, no one on here is saying he's one of the greats just that he's done well, but you do seem to go quite personal when you don't like someone.

Deluded is a harsh word, but if someone's telling you you're ahead in those rounds, and you a self proclaimed expert in the sport, surely you think I can't be? And how after months of preparation, can you be puzzled as to how you lost?

Gullible may be more apt, as like the vast majority of cross-over fans, Joshua thought he would win, whereas boxing fans have long known his obvious limitations.

Now I'm no mystic but it's clear as day, Hearn knows there are tens of thousands of gullible people who will buy into the split decision (you'd be embarrassed bringing attention to it) and the 3 time world champion like Muhammad Ali nonsense,

So, plan will be, Fury fights Uysk, both then retire, Joshua waits in sidelines to fight Dillian Whyte or another Hearn boxer to equal Ali and cement his legacy as a 3 time world champion.

Hearn said with a straight face post fight, he's never ducked anyone (except Fury) and he's fought all-comers and actually named Valuev (40 odd years old) and Ruiz, ffs.

Just like last season at our place, I hate seeing people being mugged off by unscrupulous types who are just out for themselves.
AJ tonight NON QPR on 10:40 - Aug 22 with 1048 viewsdaveB

AJ tonight NON QPR on 10:01 - Aug 22 by ParkRoyalR

Deluded is a harsh word, but if someone's telling you you're ahead in those rounds, and you a self proclaimed expert in the sport, surely you think I can't be? And how after months of preparation, can you be puzzled as to how you lost?

Gullible may be more apt, as like the vast majority of cross-over fans, Joshua thought he would win, whereas boxing fans have long known his obvious limitations.

Now I'm no mystic but it's clear as day, Hearn knows there are tens of thousands of gullible people who will buy into the split decision (you'd be embarrassed bringing attention to it) and the 3 time world champion like Muhammad Ali nonsense,

So, plan will be, Fury fights Uysk, both then retire, Joshua waits in sidelines to fight Dillian Whyte or another Hearn boxer to equal Ali and cement his legacy as a 3 time world champion.

Hearn said with a straight face post fight, he's never ducked anyone (except Fury) and he's fought all-comers and actually named Valuev (40 odd years old) and Ruiz, ffs.

Just like last season at our place, I hate seeing people being mugged off by unscrupulous types who are just out for themselves.

It's the same in any sport, when you get to a final in football the losing side rarley understand why they lost in the minutes aftewards, lots of tears, anger disapointment and then a few days later when they reflect they can understand what went wrong. AJ was no different on Saturday, he thought he was winning, one judge had him winning as well so not that deluded but it the end he was wrong and lost. For all the talk of Usyk not being in any trouble neither was AJ really, was never a point in the fight where he looked like he might get knocked out he just wasn't doing enough in each round to win them and lost to the better fighter. It would be weird if after working for years at your sport that when you lose the big one you are not angry and disapointed. Of course he shouldn't have done what he did but I'd be concerned about his mental health after that, he looked a broken man in the press confrence, was sad to see.

Personally I agree with Hearn that he hasn't ducked anyone, it was Fury who pulled out of the fight last year as he still had a contract to fight Wilder. He's fought every mandatory challenger along the way when it could have taken a few easier fights.

Obviously we are all guilible though and somehow being mugged off and only you can see through it all
AJ tonight NON QPR on 11:02 - Aug 22 with 1015 viewsParkRoyalR

AJ tonight NON QPR on 10:40 - Aug 22 by daveB

It's the same in any sport, when you get to a final in football the losing side rarley understand why they lost in the minutes aftewards, lots of tears, anger disapointment and then a few days later when they reflect they can understand what went wrong. AJ was no different on Saturday, he thought he was winning, one judge had him winning as well so not that deluded but it the end he was wrong and lost. For all the talk of Usyk not being in any trouble neither was AJ really, was never a point in the fight where he looked like he might get knocked out he just wasn't doing enough in each round to win them and lost to the better fighter. It would be weird if after working for years at your sport that when you lose the big one you are not angry and disapointed. Of course he shouldn't have done what he did but I'd be concerned about his mental health after that, he looked a broken man in the press confrence, was sad to see.

Personally I agree with Hearn that he hasn't ducked anyone, it was Fury who pulled out of the fight last year as he still had a contract to fight Wilder. He's fought every mandatory challenger along the way when it could have taken a few easier fights.

Obviously we are all guilible though and somehow being mugged off and only you can see through it all

Uysk was seconds away from knocking him out in the 12th in the first fight and was close to knocking him out in the 10th on Saturday.

Agree mental health definitely a concern as that on-line footage of him bullying those students who were winding him up a few months back about ducking Fury is really worrying for a professional boxer.

Still, like all unscrupulous promoters, Hearn is already marketing his comeback to greatness as a 3 time world-champion, and will easily find 80k up for 1) a night on the lash 2) a bit of Neil Diamond and 3) to watch a screen 100 metres away of Joshua becoming a heavyweight boxing great like Ali (sic).

I say fair play to both of them, in the same way you could say the same to the players who mugged us off, as the saying goes...'fools and their money are easily parted'
AJ tonight NON QPR on 11:10 - Aug 22 with 1011 viewsdaveB

AJ tonight NON QPR on 11:02 - Aug 22 by ParkRoyalR

Uysk was seconds away from knocking him out in the 12th in the first fight and was close to knocking him out in the 10th on Saturday.

Agree mental health definitely a concern as that on-line footage of him bullying those students who were winding him up a few months back about ducking Fury is really worrying for a professional boxer.

Still, like all unscrupulous promoters, Hearn is already marketing his comeback to greatness as a 3 time world-champion, and will easily find 80k up for 1) a night on the lash 2) a bit of Neil Diamond and 3) to watch a screen 100 metres away of Joshua becoming a heavyweight boxing great like Ali (sic).

I say fair play to both of them, in the same way you could say the same to the players who mugged us off, as the saying goes...'fools and their money are easily parted'

Isn't that Hearns job to promote him? You can say he's taking people for fools, perhaps us fools just enjoy watching him fight.Same as any boxer really if his next fight doesn't interest me I won't bother watching it. I don't get why you are calling people fools for paying for something they enjoy.

Also not sure he was that close to knocking him out in the 10th, he was on top but AJ didn't look like he was about to go in this fight. The first time no argument from me he was terrible and comfortably beaten.
AJ tonight NON QPR on 11:21 - Aug 22 with 1001 viewsParkRoyalR

AJ tonight NON QPR on 11:10 - Aug 22 by daveB

Isn't that Hearns job to promote him? You can say he's taking people for fools, perhaps us fools just enjoy watching him fight.Same as any boxer really if his next fight doesn't interest me I won't bother watching it. I don't get why you are calling people fools for paying for something they enjoy.

Also not sure he was that close to knocking him out in the 10th, he was on top but AJ didn't look like he was about to go in this fight. The first time no argument from me he was terrible and comfortably beaten.

Meant fools for buying into the hype about his ability, always has a puncher's chance and fair play to them both,

I honestly believe Bruno was a better boxer (superb jab) was far braver (stepped inside and traded with big punchers including Tyson) and deservedly became a world-champion amongst far better competition.

A comparison to Bruno is fine by me, but we can all see what's coming with the 3 x World Champion resurrection to greatness Ali hype, which like that bent judges scorecard on Saturday, is just embarrassing.
AJ tonight NON QPR on 11:32 - Aug 22 with 992 viewsdanehoop

As I said in my original Post, AJ's corner were telling him after the first 3 rounds that he had won every one of them. That clearly wasn't right as at best he'd drawn them and that would have been generous. That type of hyping Joshua up carried on pretty much through the fight and Joshua would have believed what he was hearing as he wasnt in any real trouble and would have been seemingly doing what his trainer, Garcia, was asking of him. So can imagine him being incredibly distraught at the end with a split decision against him, when he has been told by the corner he'd won and had executed the game plan.

That said, I said previously I felt that AJ's performance in this one could be attributed at least in part to Garcia's inexperience with heavyweights having never trained any before. AJs strengths will be reach, power and weight. They were simply not used by Garcia, but we did see some strategy for body shots which were designed to slow Uysk down. That was a decent idea, but it did seem to the only obvious one. There were too few hard combinations thrown by AJ, which was something he did much more of previously. There was little in the way of plan B and the stepping up intensity in the second half of the fight which culminated in round 9 seemed a mistake as it allowed Uysk to look busier, land more more punches and win more rounds in the first half of the fight.

If AJ decided to continue I'd hope that that he picks a new experienced trainer in the US, really building his strengths and confidence again as a heavyweight. Someone like Virgil Hunter would be ideal for that or John David Jackson are probably more likely to help with that more than Garcia from his experience at building up Kovalev at Light heavy into something special.

Never knowingly understood

AJ tonight NON QPR on 11:39 - Aug 22 with 976 viewsParkRoyalR

AJ tonight NON QPR on 11:32 - Aug 22 by danehoop

As I said in my original Post, AJ's corner were telling him after the first 3 rounds that he had won every one of them. That clearly wasn't right as at best he'd drawn them and that would have been generous. That type of hyping Joshua up carried on pretty much through the fight and Joshua would have believed what he was hearing as he wasnt in any real trouble and would have been seemingly doing what his trainer, Garcia, was asking of him. So can imagine him being incredibly distraught at the end with a split decision against him, when he has been told by the corner he'd won and had executed the game plan.

That said, I said previously I felt that AJ's performance in this one could be attributed at least in part to Garcia's inexperience with heavyweights having never trained any before. AJs strengths will be reach, power and weight. They were simply not used by Garcia, but we did see some strategy for body shots which were designed to slow Uysk down. That was a decent idea, but it did seem to the only obvious one. There were too few hard combinations thrown by AJ, which was something he did much more of previously. There was little in the way of plan B and the stepping up intensity in the second half of the fight which culminated in round 9 seemed a mistake as it allowed Uysk to look busier, land more more punches and win more rounds in the first half of the fight.

If AJ decided to continue I'd hope that that he picks a new experienced trainer in the US, really building his strengths and confidence again as a heavyweight. Someone like Virgil Hunter would be ideal for that or John David Jackson are probably more likely to help with that more than Garcia from his experience at building up Kovalev at Light heavy into something special.

Great post, how could they have told him he won when most had it 10-2 and even Nelson, Macklin and co were saying he won maybe 3 or 4 of the 12, just bizarre, and after he staggered back to his corner in the 12th, how could he seriously believe he won that fight.
AJ tonight NON QPR on 11:44 - Aug 22 with 961 viewsPhildo

AJ tonight NON QPR on 11:32 - Aug 22 by danehoop

We wondered at the time of the fight if they were telling him he was ahead as they were concerned his own confidence was fragile. He previously gave one of the reasons for getting rid of McCracken as him not telling him he was losing the last fight.

The ramble at the end was all over the place and very inappropriate at that moment but in the he said a few things that might properly expressed at a post fight press conference been quite interesting - namely that he came to boxing late and is not a fluid boxer but a big power guy. The old adage about the boxer beating the fighter comes to mind.
[Post edited 22 Aug 2022 11:45]
AJ tonight NON QPR (n/t) on 14:12 - Aug 22 with 883 viewsquickpassrotter

The heavyweight division needs Fury. Perhaps he will get bored in retirement and come back for one more fight. Usyk is such a good boxer - but I think with Fury's weight advantage, reach and know-how he will win well against him.
[Post edited 22 Aug 2022 14:17]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024