Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Positivity 11:24 - Mar 7 with 6136 viewsGaryBannister86

I see we are nearing a sell out on Saturday.

Stuff your Brentfords and your Fulhams and even your Chelseas. I can guarantee you that if any of them were in the Championship, had just gone through this run "It’s now five defeats in a row, six losses from the last seven, no wins in 13 games, one win in 20 matches, and 26 defeats in the last 48 fixtures going back into last season", then their ground would be half empty, not full for Watford at home.

That's what keeps me going, that's why I will be there on Satuday. Loyal supporters, URRRRSSSSS.
[Post edited 7 Mar 2023 11:25]
Positivity on 11:26 - Mar 7 with 4027 viewsAntti_Heinola

i mean, this is Watford fans buying up tickets isn't it?
I'm a ST holder and I can't face it. And I'm the last person to feel like that. Can't be the only one.

Bare bones.

Positivity on 11:39 - Mar 7 with 3952 viewsessextaxiboy

I will be there, not looking forward to it TBH but I have never not gone because I thought we would lose and this bunch of non triers are not going to change me.
Positivity on 11:43 - Mar 7 with 3924 viewsdutch

Our support is very odd, almost prefer failure to success. The most fervent I've known us in recent years was under Ollie in the division we're now trying to avoid. The worst probably up in the premier (bar Chelsea at home). I'll be there Saturday hoping for the best, fearing the worst and cheering on this bunch of ne'r do wells and malingerers.
Positivity on 11:45 - Mar 7 with 3908 viewsGaryBannister86

Positivity on 11:26 - Mar 7 by Antti_Heinola

I'm a ST holder and I can't face it. And I'm the last person to feel like that. Can't be the only one.

No chance, if you are not on the QPR database you ain't buying a ticket.

That's what I thought anyway.

Nice to see almost every reply has been negative to a positive post. I don't see what is negative about the fact the supporters are still turning out even when the team is terrible.

Ah well, thought it was a good spin. :-)
[Post edited 7 Mar 2023 11:46]
Positivity on 11:49 - Mar 7 with 3878 viewsHayesender

Missing my first home game of the season on Saturday due to moving, but I'll be there in spirit.

Come on you R's, even a shitty 0-0 just to break this run 🙏

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Positivity on 11:49 - Mar 7 with 3873 viewsstowmarketrange

Your ticket will be counted in the attendance whether you go or not.So even if it looks like being a sell out,it probably won’t be.
It’ll be my 1st game for a month,since the millwall game and I’m looking forward to resuming my viewing from the front of ML.
This is the sort of game that we would win in previous seasons,but I’m not sure we could win the toss at the minute.
Bring on the bus replacement service turning a 90 minute journey into a 150 minute one each way.And the queue to get in the White Horse.I might walk from Oxford Circus tube again and we’ve NEVER lost a game when I’ve done that.

There might not be many more chances to watch a championship game at Loftus Rd for a while so make the most of it.
Come on u R’sssssssss.
Positivity on 11:51 - Mar 7 with 3858 viewsEastR

100%. I'll see people around me that I haven't seen since, er, the last time we played Watford at home.

Poll: Is time up for Ainsworth?

Positivity on 11:53 - Mar 7 with 3851 viewsDorse

Positivity on 11:45 - Mar 7 by GaryBannister86

No chance, if you are not on the QPR database you ain't buying a ticket.

That's what I thought anyway.

Nice to see almost every reply has been negative to a positive post. I don't see what is negative about the fact the supporters are still turning out even when the team is terrible.

Ah well, thought it was a good spin. :-)
[Post edited 7 Mar 2023 11:46]

Masochism takes many forms and we wouldn't do it if we didn't secretly enjoy the pain. Now, if you'll excuse me, I need to ask my wife to unchain me from this radiator.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Login to get fewer ads

Positivity on 11:58 - Mar 7 with 3817 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Blackpool tickets have arrived this morning.

I'm well up for it, because Rotherham was my umpteenth away game without a win but I know when one comes I want to be there because they place is going to go mental.

Was it 1100 fans went to Rotherham or something? I guess they were acting on the same lines. That or some kind of sadism.

In a different universe Armstrong's goal wasn't disallowed and we beat them 2-1 in the 80th minute. It's those imagine unlikely scenarios that give me the horn anyway.
Positivity on 12:09 - Mar 7 with 3768 viewsdmm

Isn't going to a game more than the actual football? It is for me. Seeing friends over a pint is an important part of the day as is simply being in a place I've been passionately attached to for many decades. Those things are as essential to me as the 90 minutes spent watching the match.
Positivity on 12:20 - Mar 7 with 3713 viewsActonExile

Not going due to prior engagement but i have roped one lapsed QPR fan, a apart-time fan who normally can't afford to go and a potential newbie, personally i think i have brought more fans to this game than the club marketing team does.

Poll: Wherever QPR end up playing home games in the future, what is most important?

Positivity on 12:20 - Mar 7 with 3712 viewsquickpassrotter

I can only think of one word for Saturday. Trepidation. If Watford find their mojo on Saturday - it could be a hammering (way beyond our usual 1-3 defeats). Going of course but not really looking forward to it.
Positivity on 12:21 - Mar 7 with 3705 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Positivity on 12:09 - Mar 7 by dmm

Isn't going to a game more than the actual football? It is for me. Seeing friends over a pint is an important part of the day as is simply being in a place I've been passionately attached to for many decades. Those things are as essential to me as the 90 minutes spent watching the match.

For me, too. When I can go.

Even when I can't get over to HQ my matchday means streaming the match and texting my Rangers friends, and ringing them afterwards to chat about the match, their week, their families etc.

Good thread, dmm.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Positivity on 12:24 - Mar 7 with 3670 viewsLowerloftLad

Me and my dad are season ticket holders, We will be at chertsey vs walton. Pretty sure there will be other season ticket holders feeling the same way and won't be bothering.
[Post edited 7 Mar 2023 12:28]

Ohhhhhh bobby zamora

Positivity on 12:36 - Mar 7 with 3610 viewsTacticalR

Positivity on 11:58 - Mar 7 by BazzaInTheLoft

Blackpool tickets have arrived this morning.

I'm well up for it, because Rotherham was my umpteenth away game without a win but I know when one comes I want to be there because they place is going to go mental.

Was it 1100 fans went to Rotherham or something? I guess they were acting on the same lines. That or some kind of sadism.

In a different universe Armstrong's goal wasn't disallowed and we beat them 2-1 in the 80th minute. It's those imagine unlikely scenarios that give me the horn anyway.

That reminds me of the officer of whom it was said: 'His men would follow him anywhere, but only out of morbid curiosity.'

Air hostess clique

Positivity on 12:39 - Mar 7 with 3595 viewsozranger

Positivity on 12:09 - Mar 7 by dmm

100%. Those who go to the game for sake of just watching football are missing out on everything else - the trip, the camaraderie, the beers, the enthusiastic chat beforehand and the dissecting of another loss afterwards. They're the best part.

For me, I missed the last home game due to family matters, but intend to make every game after that, both home and away. I love being a masochist.
Positivity on 12:40 - Mar 7 with 3590 viewsAntti_Heinola

Positivity on 11:43 - Mar 7 by dutch

Our support is very odd, almost prefer failure to success. The most fervent I've known us in recent years was under Ollie in the division we're now trying to avoid. The worst probably up in the premier (bar Chelsea at home). I'll be there Saturday hoping for the best, fearing the worst and cheering on this bunch of ne'r do wells and malingerers.

Not sur about this.
It was anything b ut fervent in the first few months - I was a the Vauxhall game and 'toxic' doesn't come close to it. Players literally arguing with fans DURING the game.

It changed BECAUSE of success. Because we started winning almost every week. Because players were committed, manager was committed. For a brief period players, fans and board were united. When that happens, success follows.

Bare bones.

Positivity on 12:40 - Mar 7 with 3590 viewsSuperhoop83

You're not the only one, I assure you.

Suffering since 1978.

Positivity on 13:04 - Mar 7 with 3487 viewsRs_Holy

time for GA to go full Pacino before kickoff on Saturday...

Positivity on 13:12 - Mar 7 with 3441 viewsterryb

Positivity on 11:49 - Mar 7 by stowmarketrange

Your ticket will be counted in the attendance whether you go or not.So even if it looks like being a sell out,it probably won’t be.
It’ll be my 1st game for a month,since the millwall game and I’m looking forward to resuming my viewing from the front of ML.
This is the sort of game that we would win in previous seasons,but I’m not sure we could win the toss at the minute.
Bring on the bus replacement service turning a 90 minute journey into a 150 minute one each way.And the queue to get in the White Horse.I might walk from Oxford Circus tube again and we’ve NEVER lost a game when I’ve done that.

There might not be many more chances to watch a championship game at Loftus Rd for a while so make the most of it.
Come on u R’sssssssss.

I think we might have one saturday without bus replacement till Easter Stowmarket! We're probably away!

Surprisingly (to me) it was quicker/easier with the bus from Witham two weeks ago than it has been from Ingatestone.

Three lots of roadworks on the A12 between Ipswich & Brentwood is the alternative for me to drive. It looks like this option on the 18th though!

Hopefully we will make the pub by 1.30, but that's far from a definite.
Positivity on 13:16 - Mar 7 with 3426 viewsbosh67

I think if we find ourselves 2 or 3 down and the heads go down again we should go full Vera Lynn...

We'll win again
Don't know where
Don't know when
But I'm sure we'll win again
Some sunny day

Keep smiling through
Just like you always do
'Til the hooped skies drive the dark clouds
Far away

We'll win again
Don't know where
Don't know when
But I'm sure we'll win again
Some sunny day

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Positivity on 13:25 - Mar 7 with 3366 viewshertshoops

Positivity on 12:39 - Mar 7 by ozranger

100%. Those who go to the game for sake of just watching football are missing out on everything else - the trip, the camaraderie, the beers, the enthusiastic chat beforehand and the dissecting of another loss afterwards. They're the best part.

For me, I missed the last home game due to family matters, but intend to make every game after that, both home and away. I love being a masochist.

For me the the meeting up with mates over a few pints is more important than the football

My lad and me are ST's and we enjoy the singing and atmosphere in safe standing, but to be frank the football all season has spoilt many good days out

I couldn't give 2 sh!ts for some of our spineless players, they are just something we have to endure for the season - they won't be here next season but me and my mates will
Positivity on 13:27 - Mar 7 with 3359 viewsstowmarketrange

Positivity on 13:12 - Mar 7 by terryb

I think we might have one saturday without bus replacement till Easter Stowmarket! We're probably away!

Surprisingly (to me) it was quicker/easier with the bus from Witham two weeks ago than it has been from Ingatestone.

Three lots of roadworks on the A12 between Ipswich & Brentwood is the alternative for me to drive. It looks like this option on the 18th though!

Hopefully we will make the pub by 1.30, but that's far from a definite.

It wasn’t a fun journey home on Saturday morning after travelling for 23 hours home from New Zealand,especially when I discovered the Piccadilly line wasn’t running at Heathrow and I had to get the elizabeth line instead.I transferred to the central line at Ealing and continued to Newbury Park.Normally the tube fare is about £3.50 off peak,but when I saw my account the following day it was £12.80 for the same journey.Conning b@stards.

And I can’t even go via Cambridge as there is a bus from Bury St Edmunds to Cambridge which takes an extra 45 mins each way.
[Post edited 7 Mar 2023 13:54]
Positivity on 13:57 - Mar 7 with 3210 viewsCroydonCaptJack

When have Watford been known to risk going amongst home fans?

Also, you clearly are not the last person to feel like that as there are plenty of others who feel like that but will attend.

Some decent replies on this thread though to be fair.
Positivity on 14:11 - Mar 7 with 3138 viewsHarbour

At the Blackburn game I met 2 fans over from Norway for the week and to take in the game both lifelong rs fans we had a great chat before hand I must say as I go to most games on my own Rs fans are the friendless. And notice so many people from overseas coming. This Saturday my son in law a saints fan is coming with me like us saints are on a terrible run.So hoping we somehow scrape at least a draw I know very unlikely. But even when losing the Loftus Rd is a drug I can't kick....coyrs
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024