Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Well done Curt 16:58 - Dec 28 with 7545 viewsmrrockin

Superb job so far, I feel confident we'll get results again. I wouldn't have any issues with him staying till end of season.
Well done Curt on 17:01 - Dec 28 with 4031 viewsPinky

We couldn't have asked for much more from him. 3 clean sheets and some good results.

Cheers Curt!
Well done Curt on 17:03 - Dec 28 with 3997 viewssully49

Too right. He's reinvigorated the squad beyond belief.

Poll: Is there any way for Lee Trundle to play in this squad?

Well done Curt on 17:04 - Dec 28 with 3992 viewsNogginthenog

Absolute diamond of a man.
Well done Curt on 17:06 - Dec 28 with 3958 viewsphact0rri

Well done to him. Wasn't sure how thing were going to go... as I was thinking it'd be well in reverse to the from the back slow pace, with a paper defence. Glad I was wrong. Well done Alan.

Poll: Should EPL Refrees hold Post-Match Interviews

Well done Curt on 17:07 - Dec 28 with 3938 viewsTheKirkyLife

Would not be surprised to see him remain as interim manager until the rest of the season now. As much as I want the new guy to come in ASAP if we need to wait we know we're in great hands. Surely got to be made Assistant when the new gaffer comes in regardless.
Well done Curt on 17:07 - Dec 28 with 3926 viewsdgt73

He's doing a very decent job.

Poll: Have Swansea got some of the most negative w@nkers following them

Well done Curt on 17:14 - Dec 28 with 3866 viewsphact0rri

Honestly I hope they continue working through to find the proper man, not to put a pause until after season, as there might be a few clubs after a new man by then.

Poll: Should EPL Refrees hold Post-Match Interviews

Well done Curt on 17:17 - Dec 28 with 3819 viewsOldjack

Well done Curt on 17:14 - Dec 28 by phact0rri

Honestly I hope they continue working through to find the proper man, not to put a pause until after season, as there might be a few clubs after a new man by then.

Yep, nice one Curt, shame Jon jo showing him no respect ,he's not fit to tie his laces

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Login to get fewer ads

Well done Curt on 17:24 - Dec 28 with 3736 viewsPrivate_Partz

Well done Curt on 17:14 - Dec 28 by phact0rri

Spot on. We need a new man in and we are lucky to have Curt holding the reigns until he arrives. My big worry is Jenkins will go into 'cheap jobs for the boys' mode again and stop looking until the close season. That could easily end in disaster. There is still a massive amount if work to be done and we must be on top of our game.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Well done Curt on 17:51 - Dec 28 with 3618 viewsClinton

Todays team selection was brave, pleased for him and us it worked.
Other than that, he's made it look simple. He's done things most of the posters on here have advocating for weeks.
I hope he retains the clarity of thought and strategy he's shown so far.
Roll on Old Trafford. Always a tough place to go, but we have more confidence for an away trip than we've had for months. I expect he'll pretty much revert to the line-up against WBA, injuries permitting. He's handled this Christmas fixture glut like a pro which of course he is.
Just think, Newcastle had to make do with John Carver taking over a the end of last season. How lucky we are to have Curt. He's got the board out of a hole too, at least temporarily.

If you can fill the unforgiving minute. With sixty seconds' worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

Well done Curt on 17:55 - Dec 28 with 3585 viewsjacabertawe

If, of necessity, we need to have Curt in charge until the end of the season, I for one will have no worries.

Britishness...is a political synonym for Englishness which extends English culture over the Scots, the Welsh, and the Irish. - Gwynfor Evans

Well done Curt on 17:57 - Dec 28 with 3564 viewsAngelRangelQS

Done the job of caretaker fantastically well but we really do need a new manager in sooner rather than later.
Well done Curt on 17:59 - Dec 28 with 3546 viewsNeath_Jack

He's done well enough, but we need a new chap in ASAP. The team needs fresh impetus and a figure for them to prove themselves too.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Well done Curt on 18:01 - Dec 28 with 3518 viewsPrivate_Partz

Well done Curt on 17:55 - Dec 28 by jacabertawe

If, of necessity, we need to have Curt in charge until the end of the season, I for one will have no worries.

He has done it in the past and it has not worked out well. Even he feels he is not cut out for management. He is a legend and deserves a stand named after him but I would be very concerned if he was left in charge for the rest of the season. I supect he would as well.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Well done Curt on 18:04 - Dec 28 with 3472 viewsdgt73

Well done Curt on 18:01 - Dec 28 by Private_Partz

He has done it in the past and it has not worked out well. Even he feels he is not cut out for management. He is a legend and deserves a stand named after him but I would be very concerned if he was left in charge for the rest of the season. I supect he would as well.

He wouldn't be that concern otherwise he wouldn't have said he's prepared to hold the reins until the end of the season if needed.

Well done Curt on 18:08 - Dec 28 with 3458 viewsPrivate_Partz

Well done Curt on 18:04 - Dec 28 by dgt73

He wouldn't be that concern otherwise he wouldn't have said he's prepared to hold the reins until the end of the season if needed.

He has said many times we need to get someone in ASAP. He has also said he doubts he is cut out for management. Of course he will stay on until the end of the season if Huw says so. Garry would have as well. ;-)
Seriously it is too big a risk.

Well done Curt on 18:09 - Dec 28 with 3437 viewsdgt73

Well done Curt on 18:08 - Dec 28 by Private_Partz

He has said many times we need to get someone in ASAP. He has also said he doubts he is cut out for management. Of course he will stay on until the end of the season if Huw says so. Garry would have as well. ;-)
Seriously it is too big a risk.

When has he said "many times" we need to get someone in ASAP ? .
From what I've read- he's said the club needs to get the right person and nothing about "needing to get someone in ASAP".
[Post edited 28 Dec 2015 18:15]

Well done Curt on 18:17 - Dec 28 with 3383 viewsymaohyd

Well done Curt on 17:07 - Dec 28 by TheKirkyLife

Would not be surprised to see him remain as interim manager until the rest of the season now. As much as I want the new guy to come in ASAP if we need to wait we know we're in great hands. Surely got to be made Assistant when the new gaffer comes in regardless.

Your last sentence poses a problem that is likely to emerge as the weeks and months unfold.

If Curt stays and does the unthinkable in keeping us up, it's going to be pretty awkward when it comes to recruiting the next manager.

I don't think you can dictate to a new manager who his number 2 should be. Unless the time is right for Brendan to come back, who I'd assume would be happy for Curt to be in the back room staff.

From the other point of view, in Curt we'd have a man who had taken a struggling team and arrested a catastrophic slide, to suddenly revert to being someone just on the periphery of things...will be an odd set of circumstances to deal with.

Blog: World Cup Performance = Transfer Speculation?

Well done Curt on 18:24 - Dec 28 with 3343 viewsdgt73

Well done Curt on 18:17 - Dec 28 by ymaohyd

Your last sentence poses a problem that is likely to emerge as the weeks and months unfold.

If Curt stays and does the unthinkable in keeping us up, it's going to be pretty awkward when it comes to recruiting the next manager.

I don't think you can dictate to a new manager who his number 2 should be. Unless the time is right for Brendan to come back, who I'd assume would be happy for Curt to be in the back room staff.

From the other point of view, in Curt we'd have a man who had taken a struggling team and arrested a catastrophic slide, to suddenly revert to being someone just on the periphery of things...will be an odd set of circumstances to deal with.

Well it's not odd at all. AC has said he doesn't want the job full time and I'd imagine he'd go back to being a coach at the club - when a new manager arrives.

Well done Curt on 18:27 - Dec 28 with 3327 views3swan

Curt has done a great job in difficult times but I do hope a manager is appointed in time for the January window.
Curt is a football man and deserves the respect and support of the players, but the Premier League takes no prisoners. Can he keep things going along until the end of the season with a skeleton staff on and off the pitch?
Players in the end want stability. the ones already here and the ones that we hope to convince to join us.
Well done Curt on 18:27 - Dec 28 with 3320 viewsperplex

He`s doing a fair job but also riding his luck so far, hope he can keep things ticking over as we may need him for quite a few weeks yet until Huw and Lucien hopefully sort everything out.
Well done Curt on 21:22 - Dec 28 with 3120 viewsPrivate_Partz

Well done Curt on 18:09 - Dec 28 by dgt73

When has he said "many times" we need to get someone in ASAP ? .
From what I've read- he's said the club needs to get the right person and nothing about "needing to get someone in ASAP".
[Post edited 28 Dec 2015 18:15]

At one point he was debating whether he would be in charge for the weekend before Christmas. His expectation is short term. He keeps saying we need someone in. He has just done so again in WOL claiming new ideas and tweaks are needed. Granted he did not use the term ASAP but there is no doubt he wants the new guy in soon and is expecting this. No way has he said his expectation is to be in post until the end of the season but I am sure he would stay on if asked to.
My worry is Huw might stick with him if we continue to creep away from the bottom 3. I am by no means convinced Curt has enough in his locker to keep us going until the end of the season and ultimate safety.

Well done Curt on 21:31 - Dec 28 with 3074 viewsPrivate_Partz

Well done Curt on 18:24 - Dec 28 by dgt73

Well it's not odd at all. AC has said he doesn't want the job full time and I'd imagine he'd go back to being a coach at the club - when a new manager arrives.

I think this is true. I don't think there would be any major issues with it being written into any contract that he has a post in the coaching team for continuity purposes when the new guy moves on. He is a good enough coach and a sound enough person not to cause issues in any new regime.

Well done Curt on 21:37 - Dec 28 with 3034 viewsDr_Winston

At the very least, the improvement in our defensive organisation over the last couple of games should put an end to the "What does Curt do?" questions.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Well done Curt on 21:41 - Dec 28 with 3019 viewsItchySphincter

Well done Curt on 18:04 - Dec 28 by dgt73

He would bleed black and white but Partzy is 100% correct. Seen it, done it, got the T-shirt, won't want it any longer than necessary.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024