Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Today's crowd should be ashamed 20:14 - Sep 23 with 12281 viewsshenleymun

The crowd today was an utter disgrace.

Five minutes in and I heard the first shouts of "Get into them, f**k them up". The chant of the idiot who doesn't know why they are there or what they are watching.

Kick the ball long and lose possession, they are happy.

Twenty five minutes in and the booing starts. Why not just f**k off home, or not come in the first place?

I went to my first game in 1977. For most of that time we have been in League One or Two. We are lucky to be in the PL and we have no divine right to beat Watford, Burnley or Huddersfield, let alone Spurs or Arsenal. We are living in ridiculously fortunate times. So were Wigan until recently.

By all means talk bollocks on this board about who you would pick if you were the manager instead of a welder or a shop assistant. At the games, we should stand together and behind the team.

Grow up the f***ing lot of you.
Today's crowd should be ashamed on 21:03 - Sep 23 with 2736 viewsnantywatcher

I agree 100% with the OP. Well said. I cannot believe how many people attend matches and no the square root of f**k all about the game they are watching. Some of the observations and comments I had to suffer today were laughable - as are many of the posts on here tonight.
Today's crowd should be ashamed on 21:06 - Sep 23 with 2722 viewsJoshTheJack

Today's crowd should be ashamed on 21:03 - Sep 23 by Wingstandwood

Crazy to think (depite his numerous critics) I'm starting to dream/yearn of having Scott Sinclair back. And I think I may not be the only one?????

Forgot about him!! I'd have him back looked decent for Villa and his confidence must be sky high at Celtic.Don't think he'd leave Brendan though.
Today's crowd should be ashamed on 21:07 - Sep 23 with 2715 viewsLeonWasGod

I like "get into them, fück them up". Can't beat a bit of a high intensity pressing game at times. Get the ball back in 10 seconds, or whatever it was Brenda used to ask of them.
Today's crowd should be ashamed on 21:08 - Sep 23 with 2715 viewsjacksfullaces

Today's crowd should be ashamed on 21:00 - Sep 23 by Dewi1jack

Didn't boo the players today- never have hopefully never will. I have always thought that it really is no help, possibly counter-productive
Did I understand it today?
Yes, most definitely. That's a first for me I s'pose

Walking into the stadium and finding we're playing 5 fuggin defenders against Watford when we're supposed to be at home. Is that a joke?
No you're deadly serious Clement.

And please don't try and tell me we were using wingbacks. Ohlsson looks poor at the mo for whatever reason and Angel is a far better option for going forward than Naughton, even if he's due to draw his pension soon!
Lost count how many times Naughton could have used the space to attack and he stopped dead, looked around, thought about something, had a gander at the options and played the Deadly Dudley square ball.

Clueless in the middle doing his pointy pointy thing without having the skill level of the Capt pointy we got rid of (good decision btw)
At least when Clement made the changes at half time, we looked like we had some oomph and ideas.
Still in the 10 game window to see how we're doing. Thinking it would be fairer to give him 12 games purely because of the fugup Beaky and the Yeehaas made of the transfer window.

Now Beaky and his cohorts are the b'stards everyone should be turning their anger towards.
Our poor squad depth.
The extended contracts for players we love but unfortunately due to Father Time, are no longer good enough to be in the Pl starting/ playing 95 mins every week.
Selling the best, scouting and buying w**k like NGog, Tabafatty Eder etc etc
That's down to the Ex board and I even include the Trust in that, as they never spoke out about it - certainly never to their members

our wing backs are our wingers then?

are there any teams where that is a successful ploy on a regular basis?
Today's crowd should be ashamed on 21:08 - Sep 23 with 2711 viewsEilian

Today's crowd should be ashamed on 21:03 - Sep 23 by nantywatcher

I agree 100% with the OP. Well said. I cannot believe how many people attend matches and no the square root of f**k all about the game they are watching. Some of the observations and comments I had to suffer today were laughable - as are many of the posts on here tonight.

The feeling is mutual pal
Today's crowd should be ashamed on 21:12 - Sep 23 with 2694 viewsmagicdaps10

Today's crowd should be ashamed on 21:08 - Sep 23 by jacksfullaces

Yeah, Chelsea won the league with it last season

But

We are not Chelsea.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Today's crowd should be ashamed on 21:18 - Sep 23 with 2654 viewsmonmouth

I'd guess ones with effective wing backs, rather than at best full backs.

Also, did you see how Watford knew where their players were in the box and passed it to them when thy got us turned on the flanks, whereas Ayew just thrashed it across aabove head height to no one. That's a coaching issue I'm afraid Clemo. We do that shit consistently. We Have no idea where our players are or attacking patterns. Silva is better than you mate, as is Benitez, and the guy at Southampton. Up your game pal, and sharpish.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Today's crowd should be ashamed on 21:20 - Sep 23 with 2640 viewsplasjack

Wingbacks with speed can win games, dare I mention one of our own Ben Davies.
Login to get fewer ads

Today's crowd should be ashamed on 21:20 - Sep 23 with 2639 viewsPozuelosSideys

The precious types on here, lol.

The players and coaching staff deserved every single boo and jeer they got today. They were an utter joke. The fact it takes the crowd to turn to such actions before they were able to see how pathetic they were is even worse.

For those other posters disagreeing with it, you think fans want to boo and jeer their team? No they dont, they want to jup around, be entertained and sing songs cos we are fcking brilliant to watch. If they hadnt done so today, youd have spent the entire 95 minutes watching us defend and concede crappy goals while not getting out of our half. If you dont like it, piss off and watch tennis.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Today's crowd should be ashamed on 21:21 - Sep 23 with 2634 viewsJJJack

Today's crowd should be ashamed on 21:12 - Sep 23 by magicdaps10

But

We are not Chelsea.

Exactly. The system ain't necessarily the problem. It's the personnel and the tactics. Olsson and Naughton aren't good enough in attack to be wing backs. And anyone notice how deep VDH, Fernandez and even Clucas were 1st 30mins? Jesus, what were we expecting? Watford had so much space it was unreal. Squeeze the play FFS
Today's crowd should be ashamed on 21:24 - Sep 23 with 2616 viewsEilian

Today's crowd should be ashamed on 21:18 - Sep 23 by monmouth

Also, did you see how Watford knew where their players were in the box and passed it to them when thy got us turned on the flanks, whereas Ayew just thrashed it across aabove head height to no one. That's a coaching issue I'm afraid Clemo. We do that shit consistently. We Have no idea where our players are or attacking patterns. Silva is better than you mate, as is Benitez, and the guy at Southampton. Up your game pal, and sharpish.

This is a very good point. It doesn't get talked about enough. Probably because there are another 100 things we need to improve on. Either that or because it only happens once or twice a game because we struggle to actually get into those attacking positions for it to happen at all.
Today's crowd should be ashamed on 21:24 - Sep 23 with 2616 viewsJoshTheJack

Today's crowd should be ashamed on 21:18 - Sep 23 by monmouth

And Rafa did it from his bed!!Agree totally for someone who has worked with top managers at attacking free flowing teams it baffles me why he is so defensive and slow to react.
Today's crowd should be ashamed on 21:27 - Sep 23 with 2600 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Today's crowd should be ashamed on 21:12 - Sep 23 by magicdaps10

But

We are not Chelsea.

Chelsea's full backs push on much higher. As do their defensive midfielders. Kante is regularly seen on the edge of the opponents box now when Chelsea attack. Even David Luiz is allowed to burst forward.

We may play the same formation but the way us and Chelsea utilise it are worlds apart.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Today's crowd should be ashamed on 21:29 - Sep 23 with 2586 viewsDJack

Today's crowd should be ashamed on 20:27 - Sep 23 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

If the crowd had not of boo'd and jeered, I'm sure Clement would have happily played the rest of the game with his beloved 5 at the back and two defensive midfielders.

He had no choice but to change it. It would have become toxic had that continued for 90 minutes. Once you lose the fans in the stadium then you are done, as we saw with Jackett.

You can post a fair amount of drivel but this was was one of your gold nuggets. Have an up arrow.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Today's crowd should be ashamed on 21:33 - Sep 23 with 2552 viewsdameedna

Was waiting for Kante. We can play like Chelsea. We were set up and drilled not to. We have a decent midfield. We played deep because it worked last game and got battered for it.
Today's crowd should be ashamed on 21:39 - Sep 23 with 2517 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Today's crowd should be ashamed on 21:33 - Sep 23 by dameedna

Was waiting for Kante. We can play like Chelsea. We were set up and drilled not to. We have a decent midfield. We played deep because it worked last game and got battered for it.

A decent midfield? We started the game with a player who before joining us had been relegated each season he'd played in this league, a player who had a very average season and was relegated last season and a player who has been available to buy from Spurs for years but nobody bothered to buy him until we came along.

A decent midfield would be De Guzman, Hernandez, Michu and Britton. What we have is a midfield full of players who have accomplished nothing in this league and likely wouldn't be in this league if we had not bought them.

Today's crowd should be ashamed on 21:51 - Sep 23 with 2477 viewsGeoffThom

Today's crowd should be ashamed on 21:39 - Sep 23 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

A decent midfield? We started the game with a player who before joining us had been relegated each season he'd played in this league, a player who had a very average season and was relegated last season and a player who has been available to buy from Spurs for years but nobody bothered to buy him until we came along.

A decent midfield would be De Guzman, Hernandez, Michu and Britton. What we have is a midfield full of players who have accomplished nothing in this league and likely wouldn't be in this league if we had not bought them.

Totally agree 👏👏👏👏 laudrups agent had our lot bang on ,and everyone defended Jenkins ,bloody stupid
Today's crowd should be ashamed on 21:54 - Sep 23 with 2463 viewsEilian

Today's crowd should be ashamed on 21:51 - Sep 23 by GeoffThom

Totally agree 👏👏👏👏 laudrups agent had our lot bang on ,and everyone defended Jenkins ,bloody stupid

Yeah, we all know what you mean. It's undeniable. However, Laudrup's agent was breaking the law as I understand it.

Backhanders and brown envelopes were a specialty of his. It appears that Mr. Loudroup wanst totally innocent in all this either.

Cracking side he put together though!
Today's crowd should be ashamed on 21:56 - Sep 23 with 2455 viewsDarran

Today's crowd should be ashamed on 21:39 - Sep 23 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

I was sctually thinking earlier if any other PL teams would sign any of our starters as starters for them. Unlikely I'd say.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Today's crowd should be ashamed on 21:58 - Sep 23 with 2452 viewsskettyparkherbert

Today's crowd should be ashamed on 21:29 - Sep 23 by DJack

You can post a fair amount of drivel but this was was one of your gold nuggets. Have an up arrow.

We are all allowed to express an opinion and its interesting to read the ones on here.

I am most disappointed with the way we seem to have lost our unique identity that got us where we are today.
Roberto Martinez decided to play a brand of possession football that took us through the leagues and every player in the team was taught to be comfortable in possession even if it wasn't their instinct.

Rogers especially, and Laudrup continued with this style and we raised heads across the uk and even Europe. We arrived in the premier league and were a breath of fresh air with no superstars.

Playing that style we were a match for most teams in the poem and could pass teams off the park
if the opposition lost possession to the Swans we all knew that we would keep the ball and it would take them ages to get it back that included all the big boys too.

Now we give the ball away constantly and some of our players are clearly not comfortable in possession so what has happened?

Lets get back to basics
Today's crowd should be ashamed on 22:00 - Sep 23 with 2446 viewsGeoffThom

Today's crowd should be ashamed on 21:54 - Sep 23 by Eilian

Yeah, we all know what you mean. It's undeniable. However, Laudrup's agent was breaking the law as I understand it.

Backhanders and brown envelopes were a specialty of his. It appears that Mr. Loudroup wanst totally innocent in all this either.

Didn't and don't give a shite about brown envelopes,does and has always gone on in football ,just wish we could sign players like we had then
Today's crowd should be ashamed on 22:03 - Sep 23 with 2426 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Today's crowd should be ashamed on 21:54 - Sep 23 by Eilian

He deserved all the commission he gave himself. Even some of the poorer players he brought in would be starting for us these days.

Pozuelo would be one of the first names on the team sheet currently.

Today's crowd should be ashamed on 22:06 - Sep 23 with 2415 viewsPozuelosSideys

Today's crowd should be ashamed on 22:03 - Sep 23 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

He deserved all the commission he gave himself. Even some of the poorer players he brought in would be starting for us these days.

Pozuelo would be one of the first names on the team sheet currently.

Whoa, steady on. Im all for blaming the HJ and the old board etc, but i cant think of a player less likely to get anywhere near a PC side than Pozuelo. I doubt Clement would even let him carry the bag of bibs out on to the training field.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Today's crowd should be ashamed on 22:09 - Sep 23 with 2402 viewsGaryjack

Today's crowd should be ashamed on 21:56 - Sep 23 by Darran

I was sctually thinking earlier if any other PL teams would sign any of our starters as starters for them. Unlikely I'd say.

If we had starters in our team that would start for anyone else, then they wouldn't be playing for us today as we would have already sold them.
Today's crowd should be ashamed on 22:15 - Sep 23 with 2387 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Today's crowd should be ashamed on 22:06 - Sep 23 by PozuelosSideys

Whoa, steady on. Im all for blaming the HJ and the old board etc, but i cant think of a player less likely to get anywhere near a PC side than Pozuelo. I doubt Clement would even let him carry the bag of bibs out on to the training field.

I agree he wouldn't get near a Clement side, as Clement does not play anybody who is capable of playing a final ball into the strikers. Pozuelo did this very well, his game away at Valencia being an excellent example.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024