Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Today's crowd should be ashamed 20:14 - Sep 23 with 12201 viewsshenleymun

The crowd today was an utter disgrace.

Five minutes in and I heard the first shouts of "Get into them, f**k them up". The chant of the idiot who doesn't know why they are there or what they are watching.

Kick the ball long and lose possession, they are happy.

Twenty five minutes in and the booing starts. Why not just f**k off home, or not come in the first place?

I went to my first game in 1977. For most of that time we have been in League One or Two. We are lucky to be in the PL and we have no divine right to beat Watford, Burnley or Huddersfield, let alone Spurs or Arsenal. We are living in ridiculously fortunate times. So were Wigan until recently.

By all means talk bollocks on this board about who you would pick if you were the manager instead of a welder or a shop assistant. At the games, we should stand together and behind the team.

Grow up the f***ing lot of you.
Today's crowd should be ashamed on 22:15 - Sep 23 with 2059 viewsDarran

Today's crowd should be ashamed on 22:09 - Sep 23 by Garyjack

If we had starters in our team that would start for anyone else, then they wouldn't be playing for us today as we would have already sold them.

Don't be fuçking clever.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Today's crowd should be ashamed on 22:15 - Sep 23 with 2060 viewsairedale

Today's crowd should be ashamed on 21:58 - Sep 23 by skettyparkherbert

We are all allowed to express an opinion and its interesting to read the ones on here.

I am most disappointed with the way we seem to have lost our unique identity that got us where we are today.
Roberto Martinez decided to play a brand of possession football that took us through the leagues and every player in the team was taught to be comfortable in possession even if it wasn't their instinct.

Rogers especially, and Laudrup continued with this style and we raised heads across the uk and even Europe. We arrived in the premier league and were a breath of fresh air with no superstars.

Playing that style we were a match for most teams in the poem and could pass teams off the park
if the opposition lost possession to the Swans we all knew that we would keep the ball and it would take them ages to get it back that included all the big boys too.

Now we give the ball away constantly and some of our players are clearly not comfortable in possession so what has happened?

Lets get back to basics

Yep. Funny thing though I thought, as a small club the system suited us and made us competitive, so why, nowadays, bearing in mind that thestandard of player in each position has improved, that we don't still do it at a higher level.
Today's crowd should be ashamed on 22:19 - Sep 23 with 2054 viewsPozuelosSideys

Today's crowd should be ashamed on 22:15 - Sep 23 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

I agree he wouldn't get near a Clement side, as Clement does not play anybody who is capable of playing a final ball into the strikers. Pozuelo did this very well, his game away at Valencia being an excellent example.

Aye, i know the point you were making ;)

Just dont want people finger pointing at HJ today, when its PC who needs to be firmly under the spotlight as his decision making has been way below par.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Today's crowd should be ashamed on 22:26 - Sep 23 with 2038 viewsEilian

Today's crowd should be ashamed on 22:03 - Sep 23 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

He deserved all the commission he gave himself. Even some of the poorer players he brought in would be starting for us these days.

Pozuelo would be one of the first names on the team sheet currently.

Can't really argue with that.

The type and standard of Pozuelo was what I was hoping we would sign alongside a more established attacking midfielder this summer.

Didn't get either though. Seems like we didn't even try.
Today's crowd should be ashamed on 22:29 - Sep 23 with 2019 viewsGaryjack

Today's crowd should be ashamed on 22:15 - Sep 23 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

I agree he wouldn't get near a Clement side, as Clement does not play anybody who is capable of playing a final ball into the strikers. Pozuelo did this very well, his game away at Valencia being an excellent example.

And to Routs at Man Utd in the cup.
Today's crowd should be ashamed on 22:30 - Sep 23 with 2013 viewsDewi1jack

Today's crowd should be ashamed on 22:19 - Sep 23 by PozuelosSideys

Aye, i know the point you were making ;)

Just dont want people finger pointing at HJ today, when its PC who needs to be firmly under the spotlight as his decision making has been way below par.

So, no-one should point the finger at capt Beaky, even though he's the b'stard who signed and gave most of the players we had on the park today contracts.
Extended contracts for players past their prime.

Okaaaaay

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Today's crowd should be ashamed on 22:36 - Sep 23 with 1992 viewsPozuelosSideys

Today's crowd should be ashamed on 22:30 - Sep 23 by Dewi1jack

So, no-one should point the finger at capt Beaky, even though he's the b'stard who signed and gave most of the players we had on the park today contracts.
Extended contracts for players past their prime.

Okaaaaay

Blame captain beak for everything you want and ill happily back you.

But tactical and personell issues on the field begin and end with PC. He fhucked up royally today and the finger points at him, not HJ.

If we had gone with:

Fabianski
Naughton, FF, Mawson, Olsson
Mesa, Carroll
Fer
Abraham, Bony, Ayew

.. and shown Watford zero respect, they would have been destroyed. Not HJ fault.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Today's crowd should be ashamed on 22:37 - Sep 23 with 1988 viewsGaryjack

Today's crowd should be ashamed on 22:15 - Sep 23 by Darran

Don't be fuçking clever.

It's true though. Anybody who wants any of our players, off they fvckin go!
Login to get fewer ads

Today's crowd should be ashamed on 11:31 - Sep 24 with 1817 viewsswansealad69

The crowd have every right to give out what they feel.
Yes the management has to take some blame for his tactics but thes are professional players eaening good money.
Our tactics were wrong but that dont change the fact we cant pass
Only 4 years ago we were passunf teams apart yet now struggle to pass full stop
Thats no the management that is players not showing any prid or ambition on the pitch.
Today's crowd should be ashamed on 11:46 - Sep 24 with 1796 viewsAguycalledJack

I don’t agree with booing the team. I have previously expressed this view.

However, yesterday the booing circa 15 mins from the end of the first half actually got a positive reaction from the team and we began to attack.
Today's crowd should be ashamed on 12:12 - Sep 24 with 1761 viewsNaughty71

Today's crowd should be ashamed on 11:46 - Sep 24 by AguycalledJack

I don’t agree with booing the team. I have previously expressed this view.

However, yesterday the booing circa 15 mins from the end of the first half actually got a positive reaction from the team and we began to attack.

The booing was a direct result of the team being so negative at home against a team that in reality, Clement would have identified as one of the games where we pick up points.

It was also brought on by the constant passing of the ball along the back line, only to have a small foray forward with either Naughton or Olsson for the move to comletely stall 5 yards from the halfway line, and the ball being recycled back to the defence.

Why did Olsson or Naughton not take people on? Why don't any of the midfield have a go at getting past their man with the ball rather than turn their back and recycle through the defence?

I get why we need to keep hold of the ball, but it was exceptionally frustrating after going one down to a team we should be able to go toe to toe with comfortably, p1ssing about with the ball in our defence WAITING for the opposition to make a mistake rather than pressing upfield and FORCING the mistake. Have a go at them for f*cks sake! Force errors rather than patiently waiting for one that may never come.

"Who scored that Naughty?", "I don't know, I've forgotten my bl**dy glasses again!".

Today's crowd should be ashamed on 14:04 - Sep 24 with 1702 viewswhoflungdung

Possibly the main positive.

Nice to see crowd care and not accept this dross .

No need for us to lose our prem league status.

We re a shambles and have a DOF who s simply incompetent .He has to be sacked

Poll: Is it Spa or spa

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024