Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea City v Stoke City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread 04:12 - Aug 15 with 17102 viewsNotLoyal

The Graeme Potter’s are next to arrive at the Newly Named Stadium. This is a repeat of other games played between the two sides in the past. When Kyle Naughton fell over at Stoke a few months ago everybody accused Swansea of cheating, let’s get this straight. It wasn’t Stoke cheating, diving or injuring opposition players as they have done for years, apparently it was Swansea.

For this matchday thread we will pretend both clubs are in League two. Like Liverpool,if they were relegated three times.

Swansea City v Stoke City
Tuesday August 17th
7.45 pm Kick Off

This is Joshua Smith who is very young, he is older than twelve but not much more, his dad is John Smith, the man who makes tins of frothy alcohol for weirdos. Joshua should be well advised to give all dodgy decisions to the swans or the juvenile east stand will throw food at him and knock a barrier over. So, watch out Josh. Oh, by the way Josh is a referee, he owns a whistle. He will be able to blow his new whistle whilst other men will wave flags and buzz his arm. These are Mark ( Jack ) Russell and Nik ( Saint ) Barnard There is a fourth Official called Tom ( Vic ) Reeves, he will generally wave a board about and tell everyone around him to calm down.

In the meantime here is a thick looking Cardiff fan

Stoke people are called potters, unlike plumbers or parsnips. Plumbers are usually associated with Blackpool or Waterlooville, sometimes Thames. A parsnip is a vegetable, so maybe the association is with dwarf land down the road, Hi Ho ! Stoke is famous for oatcakes and for calling people duck. Oh hang on, Plumbers ? An oatcake is a plant made out of human excretion mixed with finger nails. It’s ok to taste but not as nice as say, a cheeseburger or indeed a Quorn dog. The main ‘firm’ in Stoke is Port Vale who regularly beat up Stokies, but all Port Vale fans are utter bellends, sums the pair of them up.

Stoke City are reported to have sold 380 tickets.

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/55497/swansea-city-v-sto

Swansea City: Steven Benda; Ben Cabango, Brandon Cooper, Ryan Manning; Joel Latibeaudiere, Flynn Downes, Jay Fulton, Matt Grimes (captain), Jake Bidwell; Yan Dhanda; Jamal Lowe.

Substitutes: Lewis Webb, Morgan Whittaker, Jamie Paterson, Joel Piroe, Liam Cullen, Ethan Laird, Dan Williams.

Stoke City: Josef Bursik; Tommy Smith, Ben Wilmot, Harry Souttar, Leo Ostigard, Jacob Brown; Josh Tymon, Joe Allen (captain), Sam Clucas; Nick Powell, Sam Surridge.

Substitutes: Adam Davies, Morgan Fox, Danny Batth, Steven Fletcher, Alfie Doughty, Jordan Thompson, Tom Ince.

More to follow.

This post has been edited by an administrator

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Swansea City v Stoke City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread on 21:50 - Aug 17 with 2155 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v Stoke City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread on 21:39 - Aug 17 by joshdon10

Poor tonight. From team selection down to performance on pitch. Was worried when I seen 4 Centre midfielders in grimes. Downes. Fulton and Dhanda. Can’t believe we had prioe, Cullen Whittaker on bench. Our full backs was highest position all game and we didn’t try to utilise them. Very worried about the season ahead. And to top it off Cardiff just equalised. Awesome night.

The selection to tart was outrageous.Nothing less. We were at home.

I am in no way taken by this "work in progress "mantra .We are not doing the basics.

Piroe should be a must tart and Lowe the first to be off loaded along with overated Grimes.

Just why did we sign a sicknote in Walsh too.

We are making massive mistakes and not learning from them

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Swansea City v Stoke City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread on 21:51 - Aug 17 with 2168 viewsKeithHaynes

Swansea City v Stoke City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread on 21:50 - Aug 17 by jasper_T

Well it wasn't pretty or entertaining. Even when the stream did work. Lot of work to be done, Martin got his selection dead wrong tonight.

Testing the new Swans Indeoendent stream tonight. It was the only perfect thing I saw.

Let’s be positive we aren’t in the bottom three !

This post has been edited by an administrator

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Swansea City v Stoke City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread on 21:56 - Aug 17 with 2092 viewsKilkennyjack

Martin will get it right.

Not good enough tonight, of course, but he had to change the way we play to make progress.

Keep the faith.
Stoke are a strong side.

Beware of the Risen People

Swansea City v Stoke City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread on 21:57 - Aug 17 with 2090 viewsChubz

Swansea City v Stoke City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread on 21:34 - Aug 17 by max936

Lowe and Grimes can go based on tonight’s performance, Grimes been massively outgunned all night, neither are good enough to gets us where we want to be, based on tonight’s performance at least.

Not sure weakening the squad is a sound tactic?
Swansea City v Stoke City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread on 21:57 - Aug 17 with 2084 viewsvetchonian

Swansea City v Stoke City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread on 21:49 - Aug 17 by felixstowe_jack

Pretty abysmal performance. No good playing pretty football if we can't create chances and can't defend. We are even conceding from Corners.

It was abysmal.....the problem is the CHampionship is a tough league it is full of teams who will be orgsanised and pragmatic and look to get results.....we are trying to adopt pretty possession football without players who have the full skill set...yet last season we did manage some one touch football when in the oppostion half .......When we went through this last revolution we had a new manager who knew the majority of his squad and their capabilities he had a good scouting network which found the right players and he did it in a lower league and at a time when the fan base had "lower" expectaions having come form the brink of falling out of the league...now our fan base has expeienced success and the highs of the PL and more so the exciting football which took us on our journey before the greed of the PL kicked in and our footballing philosphy was sacrifced for PL survival and the riches it gave to peoples pockets

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Swansea City v Stoke City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread on 21:58 - Aug 17 with 2067 viewsmagicdaps10

Swansea City v Stoke City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread on 21:48 - Aug 17 by KeithHaynes

Agreed, but this style of play is only rewarded with far more commitment and energy, we had none of that tonight, we just walked in to trouble time and time again. Regardless of the level, regardless of the players involved there needs to be desire. And I didn’t see much evidence if that tonight.

Can't argue with that.

We are struggling with a back three with little experience and a left back/midfielder thrown in there. Naughton will do a job at the right side, Bennett will bring experience but has a record of missing games with injury..... We need a defender with some experience who is comfortable on the ball.

Midfield is basic enough but desperately needs to be the link between them and the front 2, someone who can spot a forward pass and has a goal in them.

Think Laird will improve us, Roberts if he stays will also add a bit of energy at wing back... Bidwell will do a job but it still remains to be seen if he stays or not. I would also suggest that forward thinking wing backs would benefit better with a proper 10 in midfield who thinks more attacking than Grimes or Fulton would.

Up top is a issue, Lowe is struggling but at the same time he is now the main man and I think he struggles with this.....we need a striker who scores goals, one who is no slouch in the air.

Its going to be a big 2 weeks, players will leave also but we need to concentrate on getting in players in positions we need.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Swansea City v Stoke City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread on 21:59 - Aug 17 with 2059 viewsjackrabbit

Swansea City v Stoke City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread on 21:57 - Aug 17 by Chubz

Not sure losing Lowe and Grimes would count as ‘weakening the squad’ - based on tonight’s performance!
Swansea City v Stoke City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread on 22:05 - Aug 17 with 1978 viewshobo

Swansea City v Stoke City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread on 21:34 - Aug 17 by max936

Lowe and Grimes can go based on tonight’s performance, Grimes been massively outgunned all night, neither are good enough to gets us where we want to be, based on tonight’s performance at least.

Your last sentence sums the post up. Only a fool would judge someone on just one performance!
Login to get fewer ads

Swansea City v Stoke City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread on 22:07 - Aug 17 with 1946 viewsOldjack

Swansea City v Stoke City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread on 21:56 - Aug 17 by Kilkennyjack

Martin will get it right.

Not good enough tonight, of course, but he had to change the way we play to make progress.

Keep the faith.
Stoke are a strong side.

We came out half asleep ,they score ,we fuked up a simple outlet pass they score ,we didn't clear a corner it's a scramble,they score ,teething problems that can be sorted. Laird looks very good ,we will score when he starts
[Post edited 17 Aug 2021 22:07]

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Swansea City v Stoke City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread on 22:08 - Aug 17 with 1915 viewsBadlands

Martin will have learned a lot from that.
Championship is a huge step up from League 1 and his L1 imports need far more time.
You can’t play a back three with only one seasoned player positioned between CB and fullback then play a wingback as a winger.
Grimes is slow.
Lowe is slow.
Dhada is too lightweight to play as a forward … if that is what he was picked to do.
If offers come in for any they can leave.
Players are not fit enough to play fast possession every game.
For those on here revelling in our loss and attempts to play football a question, Did Cooper never lose a game?

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Swansea City v Stoke City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread on 22:10 - Aug 17 with 1883 viewsangryjack

Wittaker needs startbefore Lowe we need 2 new centre halves sharpish,also not sure where our threat is coming from..Lowe is dreadful just static don't come to show don't drag defenders in and out of space so easy to mark
Swansea City v Stoke City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread on 22:17 - Aug 17 with 1810 viewsdonkonky

It was always going to be a struggle if we went a goal down. At the moment we haven’t got the answers to get ourselves back in the game. Totally different ballgame if we take the lead. Stoke came at us early on, got their goal - game over! Let’s hope that a goal scorer can be brought in soon.
Swansea City v Stoke City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread on 22:23 - Aug 17 with 1742 viewsmax936

Swansea City v Stoke City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread on 21:57 - Aug 17 by Chubz

I don’t think letting Lowe and Grimes go is weakening the squad based on tonight’s performance and to think Grimes maybe wants to double his wage, it’s good bye for me, not worth it when we got to dig in and battle, great when we’re on the front foot, but sadly lacking when the battle is in our faces. Is how l see it.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Swansea City v Stoke City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread on 22:32 - Aug 17 with 1670 viewsangryjack

Swansea City v Stoke City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread on 22:23 - Aug 17 by max936

I don’t think letting Lowe and Grimes go is weakening the squad based on tonight’s performance and to think Grimes maybe wants to double his wage, it’s good bye for me, not worth it when we got to dig in and battle, great when we’re on the front foot, but sadly lacking when the battle is in our faces. Is how l see it.

In fairness to grimes when he had ball our wide men were tightly marked,Lowe is just a waste time standing side on with a defender on him instead getting his body in front and asking for it and holding it,or just dragging defenders to make space he just stands there,so most time grimes had go backwards
Swansea City v Stoke City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread on 22:42 - Aug 17 with 1609 viewsGeoffThom

Just back from a pathetic performance across the board biggest culprit grimes passing for passing sake going nowhere with the ball as well
As a professional footballer you should instinctively know when to play football and when too clear it no matter what the manager wants
At this rate Martin be gone by Xmas, passing it for no reason when in space is inexcusable
Swansea City v Stoke City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread on 22:56 - Aug 17 with 1515 viewsNotLoyal

Lose like that three more times and he will be gone by Sept.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Swansea City v Stoke City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread on 00:54 - Aug 18 with 1317 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Swansea City v Stoke City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread on 22:10 - Aug 17 by angryjack

Wittaker needs startbefore Lowe we need 2 new centre halves sharpish,also not sure where our threat is coming from..Lowe is dreadful just static don't come to show don't drag defenders in and out of space so easy to mark

Our threat comes from Piroe whom you don’t even acknowledge

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Swansea City v Stoke City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread on 00:55 - Aug 18 with 1308 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Swansea City v Stoke City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread on 22:32 - Aug 17 by angryjack

In fairness to grimes when he had ball our wide men were tightly marked,Lowe is just a waste time standing side on with a defender on him instead getting his body in front and asking for it and holding it,or just dragging defenders to make space he just stands there,so most time grimes had go backwards

You stick up for him no matter what. He couldn’t even deliver corners that could beat the front man tonight. Can’t wait to see him go

Swansea City v Stoke City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread on 00:58 - Aug 18 with 1298 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Swansea City v Stoke City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread on 22:42 - Aug 17 by GeoffThom

Just back from a pathetic performance across the board biggest culprit grimes passing for passing sake going nowhere with the ball as well
As a professional footballer you should instinctively know when to play football and when too clear it no matter what the manager wants
At this rate Martin be gone by Xmas, passing it for no reason when in space is inexcusable

What we’re crying out for when check mated and no pass available is someone to CARRY the ball forward. Or is that beyond our players???

Swansea City v Stoke City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread on 02:10 - Aug 18 with 1254 viewsJack59

Swansea City v Stoke City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread on 22:10 - Aug 17 by angryjack

I'm amazed that Lowe is being persevered with, his limitations were evident last season, even when he had AA alongside him, he seems to have learned nothing from that experience, and he should now return to Teaching, it's a profession in which he will probably flourish.
I'm finished with the lot of them I was taken to my first game as a young kid in 1955, I missed some home games in the late 1960's playing in the Swansea and Carmarthen Leagues, I bought my first season ticket in 1971 and continued since. Over the years, I've supported the Swans at over 50 different grounds, many trips were before the Motorways were completed, we would start out Friday night, and we'd sometimes return to Swansea 4 or 5 am Sunday morning.
I'm not turning up any more to watch gesture politics on display, and also presented by a band of mercenaries, who briefly leave their pathetic social media worlds to play football for our great club, and also getting ludicrous money in the process
Virtually none of them have any historical, or family connection to Swansea. The club is also now owned by Americans, It is Swansea in name only, and I also feel disconnected.
I despise any form of racism or unfairness, but the pathetic sight of fit grown men going down on their knees, makes me want to vomit. I can't even watch it on TV.
If intelligent management returns, and the lunatics are safely returned to the asylum, I will be back in my seat, but I'm not optimistic. I know there are several long term fans who feel the same way, and this will become evident in the weeks and months ahead.
Swansea City v Stoke City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread on 03:03 - Aug 18 with 1221 viewsDr_Parnassus

A few days ago I stated that all teams will be doing now is trying to expose our clear vulnerability, which is employing the high press and putting our players that aren’t technically gifted under pressure to keep the ball.

This will happen every single game.

To be a passing possession based team, you have to be comfortable in possession and you need to have exceptional passing skills. You don’t just have them because someone tells you to play this way.

I don’t understand how so few can see it. It’s blindingly obvious. Sadly I think it will take us being in the bottom 5 by Xmas before people do start to realise and by that time we will have a very large fight on our hands to remain a Championship club.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Swansea City v Stoke City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread on 05:07 - Aug 18 with 1192 viewsFireboy2

Swansea City v Stoke City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread on 03:03 - Aug 18 by Dr_Parnassus

A few days ago I stated that all teams will be doing now is trying to expose our clear vulnerability, which is employing the high press and putting our players that aren’t technically gifted under pressure to keep the ball.

This will happen every single game.

To be a passing possession based team, you have to be comfortable in possession and you need to have exceptional passing skills. You don’t just have them because someone tells you to play this way.

I don’t understand how so few can see it. It’s blindingly obvious. Sadly I think it will take us being in the bottom 5 by Xmas before people do start to realise and by that time we will have a very large fight on our hands to remain a Championship club.

Quite alot of teams pressed us last season Doc, but i see where you are coming from.

According to RM we have a few square pegs for round holes, now if we do not sell and get more in we could be in for more of the same for quite some time and RM won't last long.
Swansea City v Stoke City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread on 06:57 - Aug 18 with 1117 viewsDr_Parnassus

Swansea City v Stoke City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread on 05:07 - Aug 18 by Fireboy2

Quite alot of teams pressed us last season Doc, but i see where you are coming from.

According to RM we have a few square pegs for round holes, now if we do not sell and get more in we could be in for more of the same for quite some time and RM won't last long.

They did, but they did it as it was their way of playing as opposed to doing that especially for us. We had no remit that we must make short passes last year so you would often get Bennett clearing the danger to the press in a tight spot.

This season however that press will be incredibly effective. I posted this on another thread but seems apt here to demonstrate my point.

opening 2 goals today....

First goal:-

Every single avenue is closed off for the pass. The one that hasn’t been is just about to be as you can see the play recognising the trap is being set and making a bee line to cover our free man in midfield.

We give the ball away as they knew we would. We then aren’t composed when they have possession either and foul their attacker through the back of him when there wasn’t too much danger. They then score from that free kick.

The next goal - note that they are always matching us man for man in ball playing areas. This is intentional and something you will now be seeing weekly from our opposition. It forces us to make a difficult pass, which we mostly are incapable of doing and also puts the ball carrier under pressure. We are matched 3 for 3 in our own half here:-

Again we lose it as they expect us to and they have a 3 on 3 attack with us back peddling on the back foot and they then go on to score. Look how vulnerable a single misplaced pass leaves us when being matched man for man:-

The press will do massive damage to us this year, where as last year it was a mere inconvenience we could easily combat.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Swansea City v Stoke City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread on 08:34 - Aug 18 with 1014 views34dfgdf54

Swansea City v Stoke City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread on 05:07 - Aug 18 by Fireboy2

Martin seems to be complaining about the fitness of the side which is understandable due to lack of pre season.

Every side that come down here or we go to, know exactly how we are going to play and will carry on pressing us like Stoke did yesterday so we need to get better. Martin hasn't been here 3 weeks yet, there's no panic yet, everyone knew, or should have known that the first month or so was going to be a big slog.

He got the team badly wrong yesterday though, and he knows it.
Swansea City v Stoke City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread on 08:42 - Aug 18 with 1007 viewsswan65split

Hes had 2-3 weeks and the team/club has had a disruptive pre season, 4 or more players not available ,what do we expect 9 points form 3 games and 20 goals?!

FFS , its going to be a long season, and difficult no doubt.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024