Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Joel Piroe is our best finisher since.....? 09:55 - Oct 21 with 2522 viewsJJJack

McBurnie?
Ayew?
Bony?
Michu?
Sinclair?
Scotland?
Who cares?

Piroe going through on goal gives me the strangest of things for a Swansea City fan - confidence. The guy misses chances of course. But he doesn't LOOK LIKE he's going to miss. He's an absolute killer when he gets near goal. His all round game is decent and at 22yo, clearly he'll improve substantially. For me he's arguably the best finisher in the league (obv Mitrovic, Grant etc would have stronger claims but I think Piroe's conversion rate is higher). If we don't go up this season I'd be astonished if he's still with us next season. It's not as if we create many chances; he's often starved of the ball so can look anonymous at times. But he seems to have that patience and single-mindedness that great strikers require and he's not a poacher - he can make something out of nothing (like the Bristol City goal). Have to say that I'm rarely impressed with our strikers. But I make an exception with him because I can see he's going to be top drawer and play for Holland in the future. Helluva buy, hats off to our recruitment team on this one.
Joel Piroe is our best finisher since.....? on 10:04 - Oct 21 with 2495 viewsDr_Parnassus

Best natural finisher since Michu.

Bony was fantastic but his physicality was his strength.

In terms of pure finishing and strikers instincts, he is up there with the best I have seen in a Swans jersey. Tammy Abraham had a similar natural striker ability, but he was a bit gangly due to his frame.

His runs are so perfect he often catches the linesmen out who flag him off when he isn't. Now in terms of the runs he makes, that is up there with a prime Michael Owen.

This drop back and run movement is just impossible to defend. Kudos to the lino.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Joel Piroe is our best finisher since.....? on 10:06 - Oct 21 with 2491 viewsDr_Parnassus

Just to add also. Ayew last year would have gone down under the challenge of the defender without a shadow of a doubt.

Piroe just has the goal in his mind, thats the difference in mentality between a striker and a forward.

Joel Piroe is our best finisher since.....? on 10:09 - Oct 21 with 2490 viewsFlynnidine_Zidownes

Joel Piroe is our best finisher since.....? on 10:06 - Oct 21 by Dr_Parnassus

Just to add also. Ayew last year would have gone down under the challenge of the defender without a shadow of a doubt.

Piroe just has the goal in his mind, thats the difference in mentality between a striker and a forward.

Ayew wouldn’t have had the pace to get onto it in the first place.
Joel Piroe is our best finisher since.....? on 10:13 - Oct 21 with 2479 viewsJJJack

Joel Piroe is our best finisher since.....? on 10:04 - Oct 21 by Dr_Parnassus

Best natural finisher since Michu.

Bony was fantastic but his physicality was his strength.

In terms of pure finishing and strikers instincts, he is up there with the best I have seen in a Swans jersey. Tammy Abraham had a similar natural striker ability, but he was a bit gangly due to his frame.

His runs are so perfect he often catches the linesmen out who flag him off when he isn't. Now in terms of the runs he makes, that is up there with a prime Michael Owen.

This drop back and run movement is just impossible to defend. Kudos to the lino.

Agreed. There was one offside given shortly before this that was clearly onside. Piroe went beserk because he was looking at their LB who was playing him on. Thing is he KNOWS when he's onside 95% of the time. Very clever player. Compare this to Lowe last season or even Laird last night who was caught off a few times and with no excuses because he was literally able to see exactly where the line is , being on the touchline at those times.
Joel Piroe is our best finisher since.....? on 10:14 - Oct 21 with 2478 viewsjasper_T

McBurnie definitely didn't inspire the same confidence that he'd score. Michu was the only one with that "it's just kicking a ball into a big net" straightforwardness in front of goal. And he wasn't as two-footed as Piroe.
Joel Piroe is our best finisher since.....? on 10:18 - Oct 21 with 2470 viewsJJJack

Joel Piroe is our best finisher since.....? on 10:14 - Oct 21 by jasper_T

McBurnie definitely didn't inspire the same confidence that he'd score. Michu was the only one with that "it's just kicking a ball into a big net" straightforwardness in front of goal. And he wasn't as two-footed as Piroe.

Scotland for me was a brilliant natural finisher. Lacked a bit of pace but lethal when playing in a decent side at the right level for him. Piroe is more like Michu. Lacks the aerial ability but has that presence - not quick but intelligent and sprints when he needs to. Encouraging.
Joel Piroe is our best finisher since.....? on 10:23 - Oct 21 with 2449 viewsDr_Parnassus

Joel Piroe is our best finisher since.....? on 10:13 - Oct 21 by JJJack

Agreed. There was one offside given shortly before this that was clearly onside. Piroe went beserk because he was looking at their LB who was playing him on. Thing is he KNOWS when he's onside 95% of the time. Very clever player. Compare this to Lowe last season or even Laird last night who was caught off a few times and with no excuses because he was literally able to see exactly where the line is , being on the touchline at those times.

Yep, he doesn't need to look if he is on on not, he 'feels' it.

He will be correct far more than the lino too I bet.

Joel Piroe is our best finisher since.....? on 12:28 - Oct 21 with 2386 viewsBillyChong

Our Dutch ex-director said he would be crap
Login to get fewer ads

Joel Piroe is our best finisher since.....? on 22:33 - Oct 21 with 2264 viewsKeithHaynes

Joel Piroe is our best finisher since.....? on 12:28 - Oct 21 by BillyChong

Our Dutch ex-director said he would be crap

I read that 😂🟥

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Joel Piroe is our best finisher since.....? on 14:31 - Oct 22 with 2119 viewsLohengrin

Joel Piroe is our best finisher since.....? on 22:33 - Oct 21 by KeithHaynes

I read that 😂🟥

I think that says more about Dutch club rivalry than anything else, to be honest.

Back on track, and I know his stay with us wasn’t a long one, but whenever Borini was put through on goal you just knew he was finding the net. As a natural finisher in a Swans shirt I’d rate him right up there.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Joel Piroe is our best finisher since.....? on 17:38 - Oct 22 with 2055 viewsDr_Winston

Joel Piroe is our best finisher since.....? on 10:18 - Oct 21 by JJJack

Scotland for me was a brilliant natural finisher. Lacked a bit of pace but lethal when playing in a decent side at the right level for him. Piroe is more like Michu. Lacks the aerial ability but has that presence - not quick but intelligent and sprints when he needs to. Encouraging.

Yep. Agree with that.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Joel Piroe is our best finisher since.....? on 17:59 - Oct 22 with 2044 viewsmonmouth

Joel Piroe is our best finisher since.....? on 17:38 - Oct 22 by Dr_Winston

Yep. Agree with that.

Michu is exactly what he reminds me of, and in the way he always has time to finish.

I wonder how he would fare playing in behind a forward, like Michu did with DG 10/Bony now and again.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Joel Piroe is our best finisher since.....? on 18:40 - Oct 22 with 2016 viewsonehunglow

Joel Piroe is our best finisher since.....? on 17:59 - Oct 22 by monmouth

Michu is exactly what he reminds me of, and in the way he always has time to finish.

I wonder how he would fare playing in behind a forward, like Michu did with DG 10/Bony now and again.

He doesn't remind me of Michu at all mainly as he i not as one footed, and also the fact Michu was unique and I like to remember him as such. Up there with my fav 5 players.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Joel Piroe is our best finisher since.....? on 20:10 - Oct 22 with 1980 viewsAndyCole

Joel Piroe is our best finisher since.....? on 18:40 - Oct 22 by onehunglow

He doesn't remind me of Michu at all mainly as he i not as one footed, and also the fact Michu was unique and I like to remember him as such. Up there with my fav 5 players.

You're absolutely spot on. A proper one-off, comparisons are futile.

Far too many posters in the flock 'Missing something' right now. Far too many way off the pace.

Pro free speech and alternative opinions - Anti gang-bullying and poor modding thereof - Will always make a stand against those who consistently choose to turn a blind eye

Joel Piroe is our best finisher since.....? on 20:19 - Oct 22 with 1972 viewsonehunglow

Joel Piroe is our best finisher since.....? on 20:10 - Oct 22 by AndyCole

You're absolutely spot on. A proper one-off, comparisons are futile.

Far too many posters in the flock 'Missing something' right now. Far too many way off the pace.

I go back possibly 15 years on this and previous site.Ive seen them all AC. Ive outed a shedful of real hatemongers and it saw me banned.
Thankfully ,this site owner sees me as THE must read poster because I am the most honest of all .

It turns my stomach to see grown men acting like Bay City Roller teeny tartan girls wanting to be loved and to fawn all over each other for making "positive" posts.

We have been dire this season no matter what Martin says.Utterly dumb.

NOW ,we look terrific SO ,we really should be all happy /content but not totally satisfied becaue ,for me,its promotion or nowt. EWe fell like a stone f rom the PL and it still hurts me to see the table minus us.Others dont mind,as they've said,as tickets are easier to come by and they can sit with their chum/lover/neighbour. Not for me. I want to be far as far away from cardiff and their BBC Wales dumbass pundits/journos ,as possible.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Joel Piroe is our best finisher since.....? on 22:39 - Oct 22 with 1936 viewsmax936

Joel Piroe is our best finisher since.....? on 10:18 - Oct 21 by JJJack

Scotland was a fantastic striker, you say he didn't have pace, he had enough, he was awesome at the level we were at, at that time, he was injured for a time and we missed him without a doubt.
He raced over to score in this one against Wolves http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_div_1/7639378.stm

And this two goal salvo v Leeds
https://www.swanseacity.com/news/ten-years-liberty-five-goal-thriller

Michu is the best we've had since though different gravy, unbelievable player,

Danny Graham scored goals for fun also, somein magical about Piroe though, still early days, but what a start he's made, can only see him getting better and better.
[Post edited 22 Oct 2021 22:48]

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Joel Piroe is our best finisher since.....? on 23:28 - Oct 22 with 1910 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Joel Piroe is our best finisher since.....? on 22:39 - Oct 22 by max936

Scotland was a fantastic striker, you say he didn't have pace, he had enough, he was awesome at the level we were at, at that time, he was injured for a time and we missed him without a doubt.
He raced over to score in this one against Wolves http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_div_1/7639378.stm

And this two goal salvo v Leeds
https://www.swanseacity.com/news/ten-years-liberty-five-goal-thriller

Michu is the best we've had since though different gravy, unbelievable player,

Danny Graham scored goals for fun also, somein magical about Piroe though, still early days, but what a start he's made, can only see him getting better and better.
[Post edited 22 Oct 2021 22:48]

Scotlands strength was his strength - he could generate massive power without much back lift.
Borini was a fabulous finisher, you have to wonder how his career would have panned out if he’d stayed here our first PL season . I’m sure him and Graham would have made a great partnership. He’s probably the closest to Piroe with the calm finishing .

Michu was incredible as was Bony - but I have to say I haven’t felt this excited by a striker for a very long time. And Piroe is only young, I think the club should tie him up with a better deal.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Joel Piroe is our best finisher since.....? on 01:14 - Oct 23 with 1891 viewsmax936

Joel Piroe is our best finisher since.....? on 23:28 - Oct 22 by Brynmill_Jack

Scotlands strength was his strength - he could generate massive power without much back lift.
Borini was a fabulous finisher, you have to wonder how his career would have panned out if he’d stayed here our first PL season . I’m sure him and Graham would have made a great partnership. He’s probably the closest to Piroe with the calm finishing .

Michu was incredible as was Bony - but I have to say I haven’t felt this excited by a striker for a very long time. And Piroe is only young, I think the club should tie him up with a better deal.

Borini should definitely stayed the Swans was made for him and him for us. he'd have been a legend no doubt about it, I met him the once he was an impressive lad, gutted to see him go.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Joel Piroe is our best finisher since.....? on 01:24 - Oct 23 with 1886 viewsDr_Parnassus

Joel Piroe is our best finisher since.....? on 01:14 - Oct 23 by max936

Borini should definitely stayed the Swans was made for him and him for us. he'd have been a legend no doubt about it, I met him the once he was an impressive lad, gutted to see him go.

Should have for our benefit, but maybe not for his.

He has played for some fantastic clubs since leaving us.

100 games for Liverpool, Roma and AC Milan. I’m sure he doesn’t regret it.

Joel Piroe is our best finisher since.....? on 06:49 - Oct 23 with 1861 viewsKilkennyjack

Cullen

Beware of the Risen People

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024