Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Stradey Park Hotel: Ninety-five staff to be made redundant ... 17:57 - Jun 27 with 9394 viewstheloneranger

"A total of 95 staff at a hotel which will house asylum seekers have been told they will lose their jobs.

The Stradey Park Hotel in Llanelli, Carmarthenshire, is set to house up to 241 asylum seekers.

The Home Office said the plans were necessary and it was listening to the views of the local community.

The Refugee Council has raised concerns about integrating asylum seekers in the community and whether they will get the support they need.

The 50 full-time and 45 part-time staff will stop working at the hotel on 10 July, the same day asylum seekers are due to move in.

Staff were informed during a meeting on Tuesday morning, after an email was sent via management at the hotel who then informed their colleagues.

The meeting, which lasted about half an hour, did not include any representatives on behalf of the hotel's owners, Sterling Woodrow.

The BBC was told some staff members who were not able to make the meeting joined the meeting via their phones, while others were called afterwards by colleagues.

Staff were said to be "shocked" but some also described relief "after weeks of waiting" to have questions answered about their futures."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-66033564

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Stradey Park Hotel: Ninety-five staff to be made redundant ... on 18:10 - Jun 27 with 3546 viewsshingle

Throwing our own out of work in order to accommodate fit healthy young men from other countries who no doubt will have the odd infiltrated terrorist among them and we have to pay for it all as well, i think it is now time to remove the word great and just call this island Britain.
Stradey Park Hotel: Ninety-five staff to be made redundant ... on 18:21 - Jun 27 with 3526 viewsSullutaCreturned

Stradey Park Hotel: Ninety-five staff to be made redundant ... on 18:10 - Jun 27 by shingle

Throwing our own out of work in order to accommodate fit healthy young men from other countries who no doubt will have the odd infiltrated terrorist among them and we have to pay for it all as well, i think it is now time to remove the word great and just call this island Britain.

I reckon those losing their jobs will end up waiting a while to get their benefits too whereas the asylum seekers will get theirs more quickly, their rent for example.

I'm not against helping those in need, in fact I'm all fr it BUt throwing our own out of work to do it isn't my idea of good.
Stradey Park Hotel: Ninety-five staff to be made redundant ... on 18:26 - Jun 27 with 3482 viewsDr_Winston

Stradey Park Hotel: Ninety-five staff to be made redundant ... on 18:21 - Jun 27 by SullutaCreturned

I reckon those losing their jobs will end up waiting a while to get their benefits too whereas the asylum seekers will get theirs more quickly, their rent for example.

I'm not against helping those in need, in fact I'm all fr it BUt throwing our own out of work to do it isn't my idea of good.

A Google of the regular public statements made on the subject of Immigration by Unite, who just happen to be the trade union for hospitality workers is an eye opener.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Stradey Park Hotel: Ninety-five staff to be made redundant ... on 20:58 - Jun 27 with 3448 viewsBoundy

Stradey Park Hotel: Ninety-five staff to be made redundant ... on 18:10 - Jun 27 by shingle

Add salt to a gaping wound none of those losing their jobs will have 1800 a month gifted to them unlike the new residents, this country stinks of many things this just another.

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Stradey Park Hotel: Ninety-five staff to be made redundant ... on 21:19 - Jun 27 with 3418 viewsraynor94

Absolutely disgraceful decision from the Home Office, interest rates increasing, mortgage payments going through the roof, and they dump 95 workers with 2 weeks notice.

They could be putting our own people out on the street, whilst housing this rabble.

You reap what you sow, this has got disaster written all over it

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Stradey Park Hotel: Ninety-five staff to be made redundant ... on 21:22 - Jun 27 with 3410 viewsbonymine

Agree 100% we just lie down & let ‘em in these days charity starts at home FFS 😡😡

Poll: Why is this site so quiet these days ?

Stradey Park Hotel: Ninety-five staff to be made redundant ... on 22:07 - Jun 27 with 3384 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

Stradey Park Hotel: Ninety-five staff to be made redundant ... on 21:19 - Jun 27 by raynor94

Absolutely disgraceful decision from the Home Office, interest rates increasing, mortgage payments going through the roof, and they dump 95 workers with 2 weeks notice.

They could be putting our own people out on the street, whilst housing this rabble.

You reap what you sow, this has got disaster written all over it

These hotels are also popping up in the places least likely to vote conservative.

Poll: We all dream of a managerial team of Alan Tates?

Stradey Park Hotel: Ninety-five staff to be made redundant ... on 22:36 - Jun 27 with 3353 viewsmajorraglan

Decent folk are going to lose their jobs, but the company that own the Stradey Park Hotel (and who could have rejected the idea of housing immigrants) are probably going to be in a nice little earner.

The number of people waiting to have their claims processed has increased from around 30,000 in 2017 to around 180,000 thousand, I’d have thought employing staff to get the backlog cleared wound be cheaper than paying benefits and hotel accommodation etc. The government are making lots of noise, but not actually doing a great deal to sort it out. Legal immigration is also at extremely high levels.
Login to get fewer ads

Stradey Park Hotel: Ninety-five staff to be made redundant ... on 23:08 - Jun 27 with 3337 viewsonehunglow

Stradey Park Hotel: Ninety-five staff to be made redundant ... on 22:36 - Jun 27 by majorraglan

Decent folk are going to lose their jobs, but the company that own the Stradey Park Hotel (and who could have rejected the idea of housing immigrants) are probably going to be in a nice little earner.

The number of people waiting to have their claims processed has increased from around 30,000 in 2017 to around 180,000 thousand, I’d have thought employing staff to get the backlog cleared wound be cheaper than paying benefits and hotel accommodation etc. The government are making lots of noise, but not actually doing a great deal to sort it out. Legal immigration is also at extremely high levels.

When I see " asylum seekers welcome" banners , it makes me wonder
Who exactly welcomes them?
Answer is those whom their presence doesn't affect , or the wealthier

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Stradey Park Hotel: Ninety-five staff to be made redundant ... on 01:17 - Jun 28 with 3312 viewsAnotherJohn

I wonder if anybody has calculated the cost to the UK taxpayer of one large cross-channel boat. The recent impact assessment put accommodation costs per asylum seeker at over £106K. The figure for unaccompanied "children" needing care is much higher, as is the cost of prison for that smallish % (such as Albanians convicted of drug offenses) who end up inside. Then there are the "externalities", such as security costs, surveillance, and the costs of attacks (rare but devastating for those affected). I support the special targeted programmes for people whose lives are at risk, such as the Ukrainians, but we then have to be tougher with young economic migrants. To say it is just a matter of processing them more quickly and then costs disappear, is plain wrongheaded; few will make a net fiscal contribution in the foreseeable future and all the time infrastructure is squeezed.
Stradey Park Hotel: Ninety-five staff to be made redundant ... on 05:10 - Jun 28 with 3284 viewsbuilthjack

So who will be doing the cooking and cleaning ?

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Stradey Park Hotel: Ninety-five staff to be made redundant ... on 06:46 - Jun 28 with 3271 viewsangryjack

Stradey Park Hotel: Ninety-five staff to be made redundant ... on 05:10 - Jun 28 by builthjack

Time to stand up and revolt..
Stradey Park Hotel: Ninety-five staff to be made redundant ... on 08:15 - Jun 28 with 3234 viewsmajorraglan

Stradey Park Hotel: Ninety-five staff to be made redundant ... on 01:17 - Jun 28 by AnotherJohn

I wonder if anybody has calculated the cost to the UK taxpayer of one large cross-channel boat. The recent impact assessment put accommodation costs per asylum seeker at over £106K. The figure for unaccompanied "children" needing care is much higher, as is the cost of prison for that smallish % (such as Albanians convicted of drug offenses) who end up inside. Then there are the "externalities", such as security costs, surveillance, and the costs of attacks (rare but devastating for those affected). I support the special targeted programmes for people whose lives are at risk, such as the Ukrainians, but we then have to be tougher with young economic migrants. To say it is just a matter of processing them more quickly and then costs disappear, is plain wrongheaded; few will make a net fiscal contribution in the foreseeable future and all the time infrastructure is squeezed.

I made the point about processing them more quickly and effectively, of course processing the individuals won’t eliminate all the costs, but instead of people being here years and years we could look to get things sorted in a week or three. If someone knows thrill he held in a centre for 2 to 3 weeks during which time their case will be determined and finalised it’s likely to put a lot of people who don’t have genuine cases from coming here.

The point you make about infrastructure is very valid, we’ve got more people coming in and have the same level of resources etc. We are being gaslighted on immigration and we shouldn’t be afraid to ask tough questions of our politicians. Asking genuine questions doesn’t make someone a racist, however it’s also the case that some who ask questions are racist.
(No subject) (n/t) on 08:15 - Jun 28 with 3234 viewsmajorraglan

Stradey Park Hotel: Ninety-five staff to be made redundant ... on 01:17 - Jun 28 by AnotherJohn

(No subject) (n/t) on 08:16 - Jun 28 with 3234 viewsmajorraglan

Stradey Park Hotel: Ninety-five staff to be made redundant ... on 08:42 - Jun 28 with 3185 viewscontroversial_jack

It's not the fault of the asylum seekers, it's the home office and hotel management
Stradey Park Hotel: Ninety-five staff to be made redundant ... on 08:48 - Jun 28 with 3215 viewsBoundy

Stradey Park Hotel: Ninety-five staff to be made redundant ... on 05:10 - Jun 28 by builthjack

The Home Office bring their own staff to manage any facility they requisition (that's exactly what it is )

Stradey Park Hotel: Ninety-five staff to be made redundant ... on 08:53 - Jun 28 with 3209 viewsBoundy

Stradey Park Hotel: Ninety-five staff to be made redundant ... on 08:15 - Jun 28 by majorraglan

I made the point about processing them more quickly and effectively, of course processing the individuals won’t eliminate all the costs, but instead of people being here years and years we could look to get things sorted in a week or three. If someone knows thrill he held in a centre for 2 to 3 weeks during which time their case will be determined and finalised it’s likely to put a lot of people who don’t have genuine cases from coming here.

The point you make about infrastructure is very valid, we’ve got more people coming in and have the same level of resources etc. We are being gaslighted on immigration and we shouldn’t be afraid to ask tough questions of our politicians. Asking genuine questions doesn’t make someone a racist, however it’s also the case that some who ask questions are racist.

Whether they're racist of not ( I would like to know what the defining line is between someone who is and a concerned citizen) the issues highlighted remain the same regardless of who raises them.

Stradey Park Hotel: Ninety-five staff to be made redundant ... on 09:16 - Jun 28 with 3194 viewsonehunglow

We are neglecting our own people n this island for favour of unknown people
Nothing racist at all in looking after your own first

Stradey Park Hotel: Ninety-five staff to be made redundant ... on 09:29 - Jun 28 with 3150 viewscontroversial_jack

Stradey Park Hotel: Ninety-five staff to be made redundant ... on 09:16 - Jun 28 by onehunglow

We have never looked after our own. we have one of the lowest pensions, poor welfare payments and many homeless. I'm not suggesting it's racist, just blaming the most vulnerable ppl , regardless where they come from and how
Stradey Park Hotel: Ninety-five staff to be made redundant ... on 09:33 - Jun 28 with 3176 viewsEagleEye

Stradey Park Hotel: Ninety-five staff to be made redundant ... on 09:16 - Jun 28 by onehunglow

Not helped by the incompetent Tories and weak Labour leadership having to dance to the tune of their woke voters. The Tories are now looking to move the problem away from their heartlands such as Kent, Essex, Lincolnshire, East Anglia and Home counties where their voters have had enough of the uncontrolled immigration impacting their communities & services
Stradey Park Hotel: Ninety-five staff to be made redundant ... on 09:45 - Jun 28 with 3168 viewstheloneranger

Stradey Park Hotel: Ninety-five staff to be made redundant ... on 22:36 - Jun 27 by majorraglan

The company that own Stradey were never going to do anything different with the hotel!!

Especially with their £1 billion contract with the government to do what they are doing around the country.

https://theisleofthanetnews.com/2022/11/08/the-rising-profits-made-by-clearsprin

Stradey Park Hotel: Ninety-five staff to be made redundant ... on 09:49 - Jun 28 with 3165 viewstheloneranger

The hotel owners, Clearsprings (Clearsprings Ready Homes - which provides housing services for the Home Office).

They couldn't care 2 furry bums about the people or the local economy.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/stradey-hotel-llanelli-asylum-seek

This post has been edited by an administrator

Stradey Park Hotel: Ninety-five staff to be made redundant ... on 10:02 - Jun 28 with 3156 viewsonehunglow

Stradey Park Hotel: Ninety-five staff to be made redundant ... on 09:33 - Jun 28 by EagleEye

Not helped by the incompetent Tories and weak Labour leadership having to dance to the tune of their woke voters. The Tories are now looking to move the problem away from their heartlands such as Kent, Essex, Lincolnshire, East Anglia and Home counties where their voters have had enough of the uncontrolled immigration impacting their communities & services

Couldn’t agree more.
To me,Tories are cowards and Labour simply liars .

Stradey Park Hotel: Ninety-five staff to be made redundant ... on 10:22 - Jun 28 with 3143 viewspembsjack

Housing them in accommodation which will stir local communities up is all part of Cruella Braverman and the right wing of the governments plan. Hotels, holiday parks even the dambusters air base which had been ear marked as historical importance!
Whatever your feelings towards migrants/refugees, our handling of them all is pathetic. The huge back log of applications is down to government failings, what better way to get people to forget this than by stirring the right up!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024