Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ntcham off to Turkey?? 17:43 - Jul 30 with 9802 viewstheloneranger

Rough translation ...

Samsunspor reached an agreement with Olivier Ntcham wearing the Swansea shirt.

• The player will be in Istanbul on Wednesday to sign a contract.

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Ntcham off to Turkey?? on 11:57 - Jul 31 with 2521 viewsjasper_T

Ntcham off to Turkey?? on 10:56 - Jul 31 by RichardO

So we are expecting Piroe to be the next player to go along with Ntcham, lost Manning, Whittaker, Downes whose is going to be next, Wood?
We should be building towards the future instilling in the club a belief we are good enough to progress and doing it as part of a team.
Sound very naive I know but continually selling off the family silver because "needs must" isn't to helping, neither is the manager and player merry go round, finding good players and not tieing them down and reaping the long term rewards for the club.
We have come down from the Premiership and had to cut our cloth but now must be the time for ambition to raise it's head again?
We have brought signing in with senior experience with an urge to play at higher level supplemented with some younger one's from last year who have progressed having gained experience.
Duff has a good amount of managerial experience hope he can recognise some quality players who can break through to the senior ranks, yes we have lost players but is the tide turning?

Operating costs of >£40m in Martin's first season suggests "cutting the cloth" hasn't been happening nearly as much as required. Developing and then selling players is a long-term strategy not just something to do briefly before "going for it" again. Brentford got promoted making full and proper use of the merry go round. Luton and Coventry both held to budgets far smaller than ours.

We either buy low and sell high with regularity, or rely on outside investors to keep the club out of skyrocketing debt. The Championship doesn't provide enough income to run a Championship club.
Ntcham off to Turkey?? on 12:01 - Jul 31 with 2509 viewsraynor94

Ntcham off to Turkey?? on 11:57 - Jul 31 by jasper_T

Operating costs of >£40m in Martin's first season suggests "cutting the cloth" hasn't been happening nearly as much as required. Developing and then selling players is a long-term strategy not just something to do briefly before "going for it" again. Brentford got promoted making full and proper use of the merry go round. Luton and Coventry both held to budgets far smaller than ours.

We either buy low and sell high with regularity, or rely on outside investors to keep the club out of skyrocketing debt. The Championship doesn't provide enough income to run a Championship club.

Excellent post!

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Ntcham off to Turkey?? on 12:11 - Jul 31 with 2472 viewsEagleEye

Ntcham off to Turkey?? on 08:55 - Jul 31 by Badlands

Nothing to do with lack of ambition. Ntcham doesn’t fit Duff's agricultural approach.
If he isn’t in the plan and the player wants away the club has no choice but to sell before his contract runs out.

It was the current owners who gave him his current deal. Selling your best players instead of tieing them down to new deals indicates a lack of competence at a high level (there seem to be a lot of players not up for it) or a lack of ambition.

A bit early to be calling Duffs football agricultural or that he doesn’t fit Duffs approach. If the player wants out why bother playing him in the friendlies ?

If the player wants out then fair enough … though you would have to question why so many of our better players want away
Ntcham off to Turkey?? on 12:15 - Jul 31 with 2456 viewsWhiterockin

Ntcham off to Turkey?? on 12:11 - Jul 31 by EagleEye

It was the current owners who gave him his current deal. Selling your best players instead of tieing them down to new deals indicates a lack of competence at a high level (there seem to be a lot of players not up for it) or a lack of ambition.

A bit early to be calling Duffs football agricultural or that he doesn’t fit Duffs approach. If the player wants out why bother playing him in the friendlies ?

If the player wants out then fair enough … though you would have to question why so many of our better players want away

If we are not prepared to pay high wages, rightly so IMO, better players will always want to earn more elsewhere.

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

Ntcham off to Turkey?? on 12:42 - Jul 31 with 2392 viewsKeithHaynes

Ntcham off to Turkey?? on 12:15 - Jul 31 by Whiterockin

If we are not prepared to pay high wages, rightly so IMO, better players will always want to earn more elsewhere.

Def his agent pushing for a move.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Ntcham off to Turkey?? on 12:43 - Jul 31 with 2390 viewsRhonddaSwans

Ntcham off to Turkey?? on 10:56 - Jul 31 by RichardO

So we are expecting Piroe to be the next player to go along with Ntcham, lost Manning, Whittaker, Downes whose is going to be next, Wood?
We should be building towards the future instilling in the club a belief we are good enough to progress and doing it as part of a team.
Sound very naive I know but continually selling off the family silver because "needs must" isn't to helping, neither is the manager and player merry go round, finding good players and not tieing them down and reaping the long term rewards for the club.
We have come down from the Premiership and had to cut our cloth but now must be the time for ambition to raise it's head again?
We have brought signing in with senior experience with an urge to play at higher level supplemented with some younger one's from last year who have progressed having gained experience.
Duff has a good amount of managerial experience hope he can recognise some quality players who can break through to the senior ranks, yes we have lost players but is the tide turning?

we are just a stepping stone these days. I read somewhere piroe is on 10k a week while Natcham is on 25k (including his signing on fee was mixed into wages).
On his day Ntcham is Unplayable with a very scary hammer on him.
I personally will be sad to see him go. Surly we can offer Joel 35k make him our Star player and build a team around him. I wish real football was that simple.

Poll: Euro 2024 Winner 🏆 Predictions

Ntcham off to Turkey?? on 13:17 - Jul 31 with 2313 viewsOptimisticJack

Ntcham off to Turkey?? on 12:42 - Jul 31 by KeithHaynes

Def his agent pushing for a move.

In Ntcham's case it may just be something as simple as the intensity of the training.
High intensity training is not everyone's cup of tea.
Pure speculation on my part.
However the fact he is on reportedly 26k a week and in the last year of his contract makes me think its a mutual decision.
[Post edited 31 Jul 2023 13:19]

Optimisticjack

Ntcham off to Turkey?? on 13:48 - Jul 31 with 2239 viewsAnotherJohn

If Piroe goes too then I foresee a long hard season - perhaps a "next level" season.
Login to get fewer ads

Ntcham off to Turkey?? on 13:51 - Jul 31 with 2215 viewsWhiterockin

Ntcham off to Turkey?? on 13:48 - Jul 31 by AnotherJohn

If Piroe goes too then I foresee a long hard season - perhaps a "next level" season.

Who on here could name a couple of Luton players. I'd be happy repeating their format.

Ntcham off to Turkey?? on 14:24 - Jul 31 with 2142 viewsReslovenSwan1

The US people have overseen a decent job.

It is not the Welsh way to give them any credit at all. I do not understand it. Swansea fans have their own ownership group. It is no surprise Swansea fans do not want me talking about them or highlighting their performance.

"Lack of Ambition" means "lack of reckless spending". Derby county were ambitious.

If Ntcham goes for £3m it is excellent work. He played for Swansea for free.

Incoming £3m. Outgoings Fee minor Wages £1.2m x2 £2.4m. Mayvbe even a small trading profit.

Ntcham played in friendlies and Samsum probably asked their man to have a little check on him Reading or Bristol Rovers. Is he fit? Was he carrying any strains etc.

Perhaps you belong to the {give me any stick I can bash the "Yanks"} with group. This site under previous ownership watered and nurtured this bonkers group mentality.

All players everywhere want to run down their deals and leave on a free. Gundogan at Man city. Spurs have to move Kane on because his will not play ball. Try questioning what Man city did wrong? Its the bloody Manchester rain innit?

Swansea are hopefully dispatching two of them this window. Piroe and Ntcham.

I think Swansea can do better than Ntcham with £24k a week wages. Over to you Watson.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Ntcham off to Turkey?? on 15:10 - Jul 31 with 2060 viewsRichardO

Think we all agree as a club we need to live within our means and yes we will always will be a stepping stone club fo players to go onto better things.
Will be sad to see some of our better players leave but if that means we can bring in more players to raise the quality of the squad overall surely that is better than relying on individuals to dig us out and would that also be a better environment to nurture our youngsters to step up to the senior level.
As for Brentford Ivan Toney seemed to be one of the final pieces in the jigsaw for them after building the strength of the squad up gradually.
New season and new Manager to look forward to. Please no fist pumps during the panto season except when absolutely necessary and 100% expected.
Ntcham off to Turkey?? on 18:51 - Jul 31 with 1919 viewsReslovenSwan1

Ntcham off to Turkey?? on 15:10 - Jul 31 by RichardO

Think we all agree as a club we need to live within our means and yes we will always will be a stepping stone club fo players to go onto better things.
Will be sad to see some of our better players leave but if that means we can bring in more players to raise the quality of the squad overall surely that is better than relying on individuals to dig us out and would that also be a better environment to nurture our youngsters to step up to the senior level.
As for Brentford Ivan Toney seemed to be one of the final pieces in the jigsaw for them after building the strength of the squad up gradually.
New season and new Manager to look forward to. Please no fist pumps during the panto season except when absolutely necessary and 100% expected.

Brentford 'wheeling and dealing' has been top drawer. Look at this lot. The narrative is you cannot succeed if you keep selling. You can if you get good prices and replace well.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/fc-brentford/rekordabgaenge/verein/1148

Swansea kept a spine for years and brought in strikers and Keepers. Thinsgs vrumbled when the spine needed replacing,

Wise sage since Toshack era

Ntcham off to Turkey?? on 19:11 - Jul 31 with 1881 viewsRichardO

Ntcham off to Turkey?? on 18:51 - Jul 31 by ReslovenSwan1

Brentford 'wheeling and dealing' has been top drawer. Look at this lot. The narrative is you cannot succeed if you keep selling. You can if you get good prices and replace well.

Swansea kept a spine for years and brought in strikers and Keepers. Thinsgs vrumbled when the spine needed replacing,

Needed or needs replacing we have updated the forwards bought, sold, bought
We have updated the CB last year and full/wing back
That leaves the midfield bought, sold, now defensively looking a big short in my opinion but might be strong enough if people keep fit.
Ntcham off to Turkey?? on 20:18 - Jul 31 with 1786 viewsSullutaCreturned

People call us a stepping stone club, I think quite a few need to look around and realise that there are very few clubs who aren't stepping stones.

Players will always look for a better club, a better deal. Even the top EPL clubs lose players sometimes.

Too many people have this idea of modern football, they thnk theres fairness and loyalty, well there isn't. There is still a little bit of loyalty maybe, but not much. Football is full of Arthur Daleys and DelBoys, if you're too young to remember them, use google.

We should be a bit more grateful that our owners arent spending us into oblivion, do I wish they were a bit less careful, yes I do. But I'd rather this than another Tosh and Struel inspired rise that bankrupts us and puts us right back where we started.

The Championship is not a bad division to be in.
Ntcham off to Turkey?? on 05:02 - Aug 1 with 1664 viewsAnotherJohn

Ntcham off to Turkey?? on 18:51 - Jul 31 by ReslovenSwan1

"The narrative is you cannot succeed if you keep selling. You can if you get good prices and replace well." I'm sure I've heard that somewhere before. The season before we got relegated comes to mind. Every time you sell known quality hoping to get the same or better for the same money it is a roll of the dice. And the gamble cost us big time when we went down.
Ntcham off to Turkey?? on 07:46 - Aug 2 with 1493 viewsjackrmee

Ntcham off to Turkey?? on 19:05 - Jul 30 by SullutaCreturned

To be honest, I'd get rid of Paterson. he's been so patchy since his little spat I think we're better off without. I'd have used his wages to offer Ntcham an increase.

Pato is just as creative, if not more than Ntcham.
Doesn’t have the driving power.
But I guess he’s on a lot less wages and won’t bring us in £3m.

I love Ntcham, but 1 year left and 3m, is hard not to go for.

He will be missed, but he didn’t play enough games for me, so I think Cooper, Pato, Fulton, Abdullai can do a job in his spot and the 3m plus savings in wages can get us a decent LWB

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Ntcham off to Turkey?? on 08:03 - Aug 2 with 1461 viewsjackrmee

They gave him the extra wages as there was no transfer fee to pay and his signing on fee was not paid upfront, and instead added to his wages over the length of the contract.

He was going to have to take a pay cut or gain promotion to get a new deal for us. And why would he take a pay cut to stay in the championship, if someone is willing to pay more.

He’s too good for the championship

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Ntcham off to Turkey?? on 08:42 - Aug 2 with 1409 viewsDr_Winston

Every game last season where we played Cundle through the middle and Ntcham on the flanks was a wasted opportunity.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Ntcham off to Turkey?? on 09:04 - Aug 2 with 1386 viewsglanmORJa_k

Ncham is one of the players in the gallery post on OS so he's not going anywhere at moment
Ntcham off to Turkey?? on 09:10 - Aug 2 with 1375 viewsWhiterockin

Ntcham off to Turkey?? on 09:04 - Aug 2 by glanmORJa_k

Ncham is one of the players in the gallery post on OS so he's not going anywhere at moment

For £3M that's easily changed.

Ntcham off to Turkey?? on 10:35 - Aug 2 with 1307 viewsKeithHaynes

Ntcham off to Turkey?? on 09:04 - Aug 2 by glanmORJa_k

Sometimes the work of these players agents is embarrassing.

Ntcham off to Turkey?? on 16:41 - Aug 2 with 1172 viewsEagleEye

Ntcham off to Turkey?? on 08:03 - Aug 2 by jackrmee

They gave him the extra wages as there was no transfer fee to pay and his signing on fee was not paid upfront, and instead added to his wages over the length of the contract.

He was going to have to take a pay cut or gain promotion to get a new deal for us. And why would he take a pay cut to stay in the championship, if someone is willing to pay more.

He’s too good for the championship

Good points, well made - be a shame to lose him, we don’t have another player who can give what he gives us
Ntcham off to Turkey?? on 20:08 - Aug 2 with 1000 viewsvetchonian

its Wednesday is Ntcham here or in Turkey?

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Ntcham off to Turkey?? on 20:09 - Aug 2 with 995 viewsKeithHaynes

Ntcham off to Turkey?? on 20:08 - Aug 2 by vetchonian

its Wednesday is Ntcham here or in Turkey?

With his agent I should imagine. The one who as per the report put this out.

Got to take the rough with the rougher this time of year.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Ntcham off to Turkey?? on 09:33 - Aug 3 with 822 viewsvetchonian

Ntcham off to Turkey?? on 20:09 - Aug 2 by KeithHaynes

With his agent I should imagine. The one who as per the report put this out.

Got to take the rough with the rougher this time of year.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Lets hope we get more smooth and hope Ntchams agent is unsuccessful do we inow anymore about Pederson

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024